• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
of the many many many many
"many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many "
flaws in Halo 5 MP design logic, BR starts in BTB is absolutely disgusting and one of the worst offenders.

Nokalanche Pistol starts could have saved humanity

TheOneJat

Oct 1, 2018
I've had a real craving to play through the Halo series again recently. So many good memories of COOP playthroughs.

Ghostavus

Nov 16, 2017
of the many many many many
"many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many "
flaws in Halo 5 MP design logic, BR starts in BTB is absolutely disgusting and one of the worst offenders.

Nokalanche Pistol starts could have saved humanity

343 could technically still rebalance BTB to switch back to assault rifles, yeah? Damn that would REALLY help it out a ton!!!!!!!!!!!

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
#GetRidOfInfinitySlayer
#Halo4BRStartsOnly
#FUNTogglesCrouch

OP
OP
Poodlestrike

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Bring it to 5, bring it to Infinite. Fuck, bring it to Reach. That shit sounds dope.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

tumblr_m2i5qx4YyT1r5susro1_r2_500.gif

Halo Infinite needs like 2-4 playlists and this shit right here. Ship it. Sell it fuckloads.

Oct 26, 2017
tumblr_m2i5qx4YyT1r5susro1_r2_500.gif

Halo Infinite needs like 2-4 playlists and this shit right here. Ship it. Sell it fuckloads.
Do this, keep multiplayer smaller in ambition but full of the content that made the older games so fun in the past (so no time wasted on making modes like Warzone), and instead focus on making the Campaign an incredibly attractive part of the game. Singeplayer campaigns are coming back, so hopefully Infinite capitalizes on this like all those PS4 exclusives have.

Oct 25, 2017
What up HaloERA, ITs your Boi the saltiest Dog in Halo.

Sprint still sucks, Iron Sights sucks and goes against lore, idk if ive read any of his posts but Jem is still wrong.

Radar sucks too.

love y'all.

Nov 14, 2017
With the rumour with Obsidian reportedly set to be acquired by Microsoft would you like to see a halo rpg??
An RPG? Sure. An FPS/RPG that's basically Halo: New Vegas? No (although I think it's unlikely anyway as it would tread to close to the mainline series). A mixture of Halo, New Vegas and System/Bio-Shock would be a dream shooter campaign to me, but imo it wouldn't work without leaning to the action side (stat based damage/accuracy in a Halo environment would probably cause heads to explode).

A smaller scale production (like Tyranny) set in the Halo universe could be good and would be well suited to gamepass. It would probably also open up a whole bunch of settings/scenarios to explore.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone watch the hcs 2k from a few days ago? Reciprocity and renegades had a hell of a series - every match close from go, lead switches, edge of your seat finishes.

Twitch.tv/halo

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
At this point, the only thing I care about is Infinite being a Masterpeice of a Halo game.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
Anyone watch the hcs 2k from a few days ago? Reciprocity and renegades had a hell of a series - every match close from go, lead switches, edge of your seat finishes.

Twitch.tv/halo
It was a good night of Halo! I certainly never expected Renegades to sweep Tox in the finals, either.

You been keeping up with what players are saying on Twitter and when they're streaming, though? They're all saying Atlanta is the last H5 event and 343 hasn't confirmed anything for after. A lot of them are making plans to switch to other games. We know Frosty is switching to Call of Duty, but I've seen some other guys talk about going to Black Ops and even some talk of going to Gears. The HCS is going to be really weird next year.

Oct 26, 2017
I agree. But even if they don't go that route, I want 343 to release a Halo game that's considered industry leading.
That'll be pretty hard to do if you also want it to closely follow a formula established in 2001. The campaign would have to do some serious heavily lifting in that case, but I guess it could be industry leading in the sense of reinvigorating or rebooting older titles and adapting them to be successful in a new market while respecting their roots, which I would assume is where God of War sits right now.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
That'll be pretty hard to do if you also want it to closely follow a formula established in 2001. The campaign would have to do some serious heavily lifting in that case, but I guess it could be industry leading in the sense of reinvigorating or rebooting older titles and adapting them to be successful in a new market while respecting their roots, which I would assume is where God of War sits right now.

I Don't think it's really a matter of "closely following" the 2001 formula. It's about recognizing which parts of each game deserved to be carried forward, which ones needed to change, and being honest about which changes haven't been helpful.

If you're tasked with updating a highly regarded product, any design decision that isn't playing to a series strength or eliminating a weakness runs a huge risk of being a bad one.

I think that's the difference between GoW4s impact on its franchise and the last few Halo releases.

I'm hoping that with Infinity, 343 takes a long hard look at what worked previously and why. Hopefully that allows them to incorporate changes and additions that are widely regarded as improvements rather than fracturing the base.

Status
Not open for further replies.