• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
It was a good night of Halo! I certainly never expected Renegades to sweep Tox in the finals, either.

You been keeping up with what players are saying on Twitter and when they're streaming, though? They're all saying Atlanta is the last H5 event and 343 hasn't confirmed anything for after. A lot of them are making plans to switch to other games. We know Frosty is switching to Call of Duty, but I've seen some other guys talk about going to Black Ops and even some talk of going to Gears. The HCS is going to be really weird next year.
Of course my dumb ass posts that before watching the whole thing... damn it lol

And yeah, can't blame them. I thought 343 was going to announce hcs future plans before atlanta, has that changed?

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Why do i see halo pros sprinting away, no shields, in a desperate attempt to get to cover, looking down at the ground? I've seen this quite a bit in halo 5...

belushy

Oct 25, 2017
Why do i see halo pros sprinting away, no shields, in a desperate attempt to get to cover, looking down at the ground? I've seen this quite a bit in halo 5...

Makes it harder to finish a kill as the head is looking down. Gives them a bit more time to get to cover, at least that is the thought process I'm sure.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Posted in the Discord, but I got Halo like grenade bounces in my game, it just feels right.

Last edited:

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017

They are "Strongsiding", which makes the head a harder target. It's been a thing in Halo for a long time.

Posted in the Discord, but I got Halo like grenade bounces in my game, it just feels right.

That's awesome man. Reminds me of the "insta-sploding" technique Walshy used to use with plasma grenades.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
aPG wasn't able to play, Frosty joined a Black Ops team, and there was a lot of talk in Snipedown's chat that some of the Splyce boys are jumping to Call of Duty, too.

Competitive Halo is not in a great place.

Eh, whatever. It was boring seeing tox and splyce win everything anyway and splyce has the personality of a rock. Let's get some up and comers and fresh faces in.

Last edited:

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
when the F was this announced

Halo_Renegades_cover.jpg

and what the F is that

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
whoever approved that art needs a write up lol

edit -- wait, that isnt a moon in the background ...

"Find. Claim. Profit. In a post-Covenant War galaxy littered with scrap, it's the salvager's motto—and Rion Forge certainly made her mark on the trade. All she wanted was to grow her business and continue the search for her long-lost father, but her recent discovery of a Forerunner debris field at the edge of human-occupied space has now put her squarely in the crosshairs of the Office of Naval Intelligence and the violent remains of the Covenant. Each faction has a desire to lay claim to the spoils of ancient technology, whatever the cost, sending Rion and the crew of the Ace of Spades on a perilous venture—one that unexpectedly leads them straight into danger far greater than anything they've ever encountered…"

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

yeah, I liked the previous work about Rion, but atleast visually this seems forced. But then again, its a book cover and needs mass market appeal for random book store occupants.

But, comparatively speaking to past covers... yeah this is below par.

.. far below imo

OP
OP
Poodlestrike

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all reading a lot into cover art. I've read plenty of great books with trashy covers, and nope'd out of a lot of terrible books with really great art on 'em. This isn't even so bad, though the robot is... weird.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
"Find. Claim. Profit. In a post-Covenant War galaxy littered with scrap, it's the salvager's motto—and Rion Forge certainly made her mark on the trade. All she wanted was to grow her business and continue the search for her long-lost father, but her recent discovery of a Forerunner debris field at the edge of human-occupied space has now put her squarely in the crosshairs of the Office of Naval Intelligence and the violent remains of the Covenant. Each faction has a desire to lay claim to the spoils of ancient technology, whatever the cost, sending Rion and the crew of the Ace of Spades on a perilous venture—one that unexpectedly leads them straight into danger far greater than anything they've ever encountered…"

Is "her long-lost father" maybe Sergeant John Forge? Was this already known?

Also...

is there really a Spade on the spacehip in the sky?? like, they made a huge playing card ....

Really looks like they mounted a giant Spade playing card onto the ship. Something that could have easily been painted on the actual ship. Such a weird design. lol

Oct 25, 2017
Is "her long-lost father" maybe Sergeant John Forge? Was this already known?

Also...

Really looks like they mounted a giant Spade playing card onto the ship. Something that could have easily been painted on the actual ship. Such a weird design. lol

Yeah her dad is John Forge.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

yeah, I liked the previous work about Rion, but atleast visually this seems forced. But then again, its a book cover and needs mass market appeal for random book store occupants.

But, comparatively speaking to past covers... yeah this is below par.

.. far below imo

When past Halo covers are just reused Sparth art or don't even bother to detail people's faces, I can't agree.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
are they churning out more books than before? seems like they are filling the universe with a lot of stories to make it alive?

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
I'd say it's noticeably faster, although the comparison is a little iffy just because in Bungie's days there was literally just one author working on books at a time. From 2001–2007 we got five books, from 2008–2014 we got eight, thus far from 2015 on we've gotten 13 (with the caveat that four of those were novellas or otherwise shorter than full novel length.) Assuming nothing else gets announced in 2019–2020 we'd still have eight more novels out in the same comparative time period.

Status
Not open for further replies.