• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, i hope not. I don't mind a Battlefield-style Halo spin-off with larger player count but normal Halo should stick to 16 max (or thereabouts anyway). Larger player counts become quickly impractical, it affects sandbox balancing, and too large maps don't necessarily work for smaller modes whereas certain BTB-size maps do work (as they are, naturally larger maps can be sectioned for smaller modes but that's extra work).

This said, i suspect it is something else than large player counts. AI, physics, destruction are some possibilities, or there could be persistent universe aspects akin to Destiny (not saying i want this), or whatever else.

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Boys, help me out here. My Xbox keeps randomly signing me out while playing games, kicking me back to the home screen in the process. NAT is Open, packet loss is at 0%, this is the only Xbox I'm signed in on and my profile hasn't been hacked. So I'm at a loss.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe we're finally going to see Warfare, the big multiplayer mode that was supposed to ship with Halo 2. The description, as buried in the code for the multiplayer alpha and beta:

Pit Humans against Elites in an epic battle that will shape the outcome of the Covenant war. You have but one life to give for your homeworld.

And from EDGE magazine #115:

The main focus of our multiplayer efforts on Halo 2 is the squad-oriented, two-team online game. It will feature Human Spartans versus Covenant Elites and will attempt to capture the oneplayer Halo experience in an online setting. Instead of the gametypes of Halo, the online game will be a real battle with real objectives, supporting events such as airstrikes, and lots of carnage.

TheDanger

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
anyone watching dreamhack atlanta? there is gonna be a Halo 3 2v2 event later with old h3 pros like neighbor competing

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
They looked super beatable yesterday, too, and Trifecta really should've taken them.
they did. i laughed my ass off after clutch predicted them to lose and the start of the first match renegade slide thrusted off the map. tons of missed shots, tons of missed jumps, they looked really out of practice.

i definitely expect them to get better as the tourney progresses, but i think first is out of question. i could easily see renegades or reciprocity beating them too.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
they did. i laughed my ass off after clutch predicted them to lose and the start of the first match renegade slide thrusted off the map. tons of missed shots, tons of missed jumps, they looked really out of practice.

i definitely expect them to get better as the tourney progresses, but i think first is out of question. i could easily see renegades or reciprocity beating them too.
The only 2K they played in since London was last week and Rec swept them. It's different on LAN, etc, but they basically haven't been scrimming or practicing. Eco actually subbed in for Ace (Elevate) to play in a 2K a couple weeks. I don't get it. I mean, they can't seriously beat Tox being this out of practice, right?

So this is the last HCS event, right?
Last Halo 5 event. They're announcing the 2019 roadmap and game tomorrow before championship Sunday starts.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
tox up 2-1 on rng.

never thought i'd say this, but i'll be happy to see tox win this. especially being the final halo tourney

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
tox up 2-1 on rng.

never thought i'd say this, but i'll be happy to see tox win this. especially being the final halo tourney
The Tox roster really is the class of Halo 5. They dominated the game for huge stretches and after getting dethroned, changed it up to come back and win some more. Really impressive group.

I'm okay with either Rec or Tox winning tomorrow.

I didn't know these names were in the H3 tourny. Ghost, Roy, Flamesword, Neighbor. Wow.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
The Tox roster really is the class of Halo 5. They dominated the game for huge stretches and after getting dethroned, changed it up to come back and win some more. Really impressive group.

I'm okay with either Rec or Tox winning tomorrow.

I didn't know these names were in the H3 tourny. Ghost, Roy, Flamesword, Neighbor. Wow.

its pretty rad. i only got into esports with 5, really curious to see some of these legends and how they stack up. its too bad the current h5 players couldnt compete (but makes sense)

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
i'm admittedly not a huge fan of h3's mp, but this is dull to watch. is the slow pace and stand-offs typical of h3 or is this more a result of the 2v2 format?

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, look what the cat dragged in.
That's your opinion and it's fine. I mean , you think H5 campaigns also better which says enough about your taste :D

H3 is so much better it's not even comparable.
The Maps alone puts on on top.
Lol, fuck off.

The weapon sandbox is absolute trash and the Spartans are basically wading through treacle.

Good maps can't save it from that.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, fuck off.

The weapon sandbox is absolute trash and the Spartans are basically wading through treacle.

Good maps can't save it from that.

Omg, You kissed you mom with that mouth?

Maps was one thing I mentioned, the list is endless.

Most Halo fans think it's a better game, most halo pros.

So Why don't you run along and play with your team Osiris and fight your beloved prometheans.

Status
Not open for further replies.