• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
It's so.... Annoying... To me that conservatism has been coopted into asshole-ism. I've never been what anyone would consider a conservative, but I've grown up around many who are, and these people, like me, felt that empathy, compassion and decency and tolerance are Things all people should strive for... It had nothing to do with political slant. Now being a good person is considered a weakness. Ugh!

Anyway. I like Jesse T a lot, because she seems driven by a scientific approach to informing design / decision making. Her post about data being weaponized to confirm biases is real, and it's something even people with good intentions do without noticing.

I remember she was on Twitter discussing the results of a survey from H5s feedback program. I can't remember what it was about (probably sprint LOL) but I pointed out how I felt their data collection methods introduced selection bias. She conceded the point and said she would look into ways to get more representative samples in the future.

I don't know if anything ultimately came of that, but I think it's important for any data driven person to be sensitive to the fact that they may be unwittingly introducing bias, without getting defensive. She handles everyone with grace, even though some don't deserve it.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised at some of the people who follow Gamecheat on Twitter, including 343 people. I mean it's fine, they can do what they like, but as you said it's shocking to see Gamecheat get so many passes when he's constantly proven to be problematic. It's like Frankie still quoting/engaging with Ragnarok over the years lol, although to be fair to Rag, Gamecheat has done worse :b

Another shitbag who gets love from 343 is "ZachtehCeo" or whatever his name is on Twitter. I followed him for a while just to see the type of person he is and how his relationship with Halo develops, and he proves time and time again that he's just an asshole. I guess in his case it's because he throws money around for.... stuff?
the worst i did was call frankie a liar, and trade snide remarks with him.

Dec 21, 2017
I wish El Dorito didn't have to be shut down. I understand why it was, but it was just so cool with the new maps. I hope we get those maps in MCC some day.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
Remember all the era members who said they were through with bungie over their "unfair treatment of marty", despite there being plenty of confirmations terrible behavior both through his social media and in the leaked court rulings (including threatening employees)?

Is this your king?

Yeah there has been plenty of red flags but hey its online. Who's going to change to their mind online? Lol

Oct 25, 2017
Remember all the era members who said they were through with bungie over their "unfair treatment of marty", despite there being plenty of confirmations of terrible behavior both through his social media and in the leaked court rulings (including threatening employees)?

Is this your king?
I mean, Bungie absolutely was an asshole to Marty and they deserved the pushback and settlement he got. Doesn't mean Marty himself doesn't have bad opinions that aren't worth defending. It's not like they were being jerks because of some political stance.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
The modern aiming makes H3 feel a lot better. Impressive.

I eagerly await the changes to the PGCR and hope they implement saved films eventually.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Ugh, milkshake duck marty. 2019 off to a garbage ass start.

It does make me happy that fun halo games genuinely upset some of the more toxic people in the community. Can only hope for more of that. If they keep whining I'll keep basking in it, or maybe if we're really lucky they'll go away.

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Marty being right-wing isn't exactly new. I remember hearing stories from the old Bungie days about that, as well.

It's one of those instances where I have to seperate the art from the artist.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
He's issued a somewhat of an apology. To bad his OP came off as quite the dog whistle, rather than an sort of actual opinion about the ad.

A few other 343 employee's commented on the as well in a twitter thread. Needless to say, disappointing. Feel bad for the women there who now have to wonder what their male co-workers land on other women in the industry related issues.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, the new aiming setting is a gamechanger.

Shame you can still get AR starts on Epitaph though...

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
T

The whole point was to give players a weapon that could work mid range and wouldn't want to be dual wielded ASAP. The utility weapon was never something bungie likes in their halo games.

But it doesn't work midrange, especially once someone picked up a BR.

They may not have liked the utility weapon, but their game played much better with it...To the point where they ALWAYS ended up with utility playlists in every game because so many people hated the inevitable snowballing otherwise.

Last edited:

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
Did skill settings also get reset during the update? I haven't had a Slayer match within 20 points since it dropped.

Oct 17, 2018
Do we know how they're gonna handle KB+M vs Controller on PC when Infinite releases? I know a lot of my mates want to get it when it comes out on PC but don't want to use KB+M, will we be at a disadvantage since usually KB+M dominates in fps games?

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know how they're gonna handle KB+M vs Controller on PC when Infinite releases? I know a lot of my mates want to get it when it comes out on PC but don't want to use KB+M, will we be at a disadvantage since usually KB+M dominates in fps games?
They'll more than likely separate KB+M from controller users by matching accordingly and/or have separate playlists, but at the moment we don't know anything about that. There's next to nothing we actually know about Infinite at the moment.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
They'll more than likely separate KB+M from controller users by matching accordingly and/or have separate playlists, but at the moment we don't know anything about that. There's next to nothing we actually know about Infinite at the moment.
They 100% will need to separate users by KB+M or controller. Hope if I use a controller on PC I can play with other controller users though.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Posted the MCC update over on the /r/games side of reddit. Didn't think it was going to become the top post there...also A LOT of people thirsty for MCC PC.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
But it doesn't work midrange, especially once someone picked up a BR.

They may not have liked the utility weapon, but their game played much better with it...To the point where they ALWAYS ended up with utility playlists in every game because so many people hated the inevitable snowballing otherwise.

It works decent enough for low to moderate skilled players.

I still think we'd have a better game had they kept the h2 beta br. 7 scoped single shots to kill, 3 bursts at close->mid range. Would have made it a highly effective weapon at close range in the right hands while avoiding it being overly dominant at mid to long and shifting the game away from away grenades and melee

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
It works decent enough for low to moderate skilled players.

I still think we'd have a better game had they kept the h2 beta br. 7 scoped single shots to kill, 3 bursts at close->mid range. Would have made it a highly effective weapon at close range in the right hands while avoiding it being overly dominant at mid to long and shifting the game away from away grenades and melee

Disagree. The experience for Low-moderate skill players wouldnt change much with AR+Precision starts, so rather than designing the experience to only placate that subsection of the playerbase, they should have gone with one that works well across the board. Why settle for decent enough over something good?

I think CE had it as close to perfect as we've seen it. The AR wrecks at close range, only topped by the magnum if a guy has God-tier accuracy. And the magnum is limited at range by the nature of projectiles.

H5 came close to having a good balance here, but I think the AR was too powerful at mid-long ranges.

Last edited:

Matheulbeuk

Dec 16, 2018
Hello there ! Dont know if you guys talk about book in this thread, but Halo : Bad blood, who directly follow Halo 5 ending, may be the best Halo book since First Strike.

Seriously, it almost made me interested in the created and Evil Cortana story.

A little quote of the book : " Just pointing out that we're already past the point of saving everyone from this IA situation. If what you guy have said is true , it's pretty clear : This isn't a new war. The war is already over. Cortana won. What we're talking about now is starting a revolution.

A really nice Battlestar galaticta feel on top of that.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Okay Halo 3 is a whole new game with the better hit reg, modern aiming and 60fps, it's soooooooo good and I say this as someone who always vetoed Halo 3

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
not to put this thread back into uncomfortable real world stuff, but does it strike anyone else as odd the way some folks talk about SIIs being better while kind of not seeming aware of the fact that they're pretty much directly arguing for eugenics vs voluntary and accessible enhancement? just an idle thought.
Hello there ! Dont know if you guys talk about book in this thread, but Halo : Bad blood, who directly follow Halo 5 ending, may be the best Halo book since First Strike.

Seriously, it almost made me interested in the created and Evil Cortana story.

A little quote of the book : " Just pointing out that we're already past the point of saving everyone from this IA situation. If what you guy have said is true , it's pretty clear : This isn't a new war. The war is already over. Cortana won. What we're talking about now is starting a revolution.

A really nice Battlestar galaticta feel on top of that.
i dunno, I felt like I already got that feeling from the way halo 5 ended, wrt revolution rather than preventing something. her plan felt pretty definitively fulfilled, that's what I liked about it. nothing was really unclear about what events had taken place, where motivations came from, or what was next in the short term. (though i guess some people disagree.)

It sounds like from what's been said Infinite is going to drop us into that conflict pretty far along, and i'm interested to see what it looks like at that point. Maybe i'll try to avoid reading any books that fill in the in-between time in order to go in with the average person's perspective and see if it still makes sense.

Anton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
please let us use the ODST FOV in 3 as well, the tunnel vision in 3 is too much for me

Matheulbeuk

Dec 16, 2018
Need to pick up that book, any interesting potential leads to Halo Infinite?

Not really, the book focusing only on Buck squad, Alpha Nine. We get some nice views of the grunt home planet and what the life is under Cortana rules.

not to put this thread back into uncomfortable real world stuff, but does it strike anyone else as odd the way some folks talk about SIIs being better while kind of not seeming aware of the fact that they're pretty much directly arguing for eugenics vs voluntary and accessible enhancement? just an idle thought.

i dunno, I felt like I already got that feeling from the way halo 5 ended, wrt revolution rather than preventing something. her plan felt pretty definitively fulfilled, that's what I liked about it. nothing was really unclear about what events had taken place, where motivations came from, or what was next in the short term. (though i guess some people disagree.)

It sounds like from what's been said Infinite is going to drop us into that conflict pretty far along, and i'm interested to see what it looks like at that point. Maybe i'll try to avoid reading any books that fill in the in-between time in order to go in with the average person's perspective and see if it still makes sense.

Since Bad blood really dont make the story go forward, I think you can read it without problem. But yeah, i also expect Infinite to taking place maybe 6 month or one year after the event of Halo 5. They need to let that universe breath a little.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017

People acknowleging that SIIs are better, doesn't really mean they are pro eugenics. It's just an acknowledgement that they were naturally the best humanity had to offer interms of physicality and intellect, and the so the enhancements only amplified that reality.

I think it would be expected that the next step would be to improve the technology to widen the applicant pool. But "willing applicants" isn't as interesting a backstory as "kidnapped children who survived a morally bankrupt, but logistically rational science experiment that coincidently empowered them to save the galaxy"

Care to fill me in because I was pretty confused at the end of H5. I knew what took place, but I still have no idea how this version of Cortana came to be. And I don't really understand how Infinity can take place well after the events of H5. It seemed like there was nowhere to hide.

Matheulbeuk

Dec 16, 2018
People acknowleging that SIIs are better, doesn't really mean they are pro eugenics. It's just an acknowledgement that they were naturally the best humanity had to offer interms of physicality and intellect, and the so the enhancements only amplified that reality.

I think it would be expected that the next step would be to improve the technology to widen the applicant pool. But "willing applicants" isn't as interesting a backstory as "kidnapped children who survived a morally bankrupt, but logistically rational science experiment that coincidently empowered them to save the galaxy"

Care to fill me in because I was pretty confused at the end of H5. I knew what took place, but I still have no idea how this version of Cortana came to be. And I don't really understand how Infinity can take place well after the events of H5. It seemed like there was nowhere to hide.

The main theory about Cortana is that she is only a shard of her former self, one who survived when she split at the end of Halo 4. Halo books are used to showing AI fragments going mad after being created.

For the end of Halo 5 : Basically, the Infinity is now the only free force in the galaxy. So they are fighting a guerrilla warfare, trying to understand how take down a guardian or Cortana. They just keep running across space, not unlike battlestar galactica.

Last edited:

jem

Oct 25, 2017
I always thought it was fairly obvious that the Cortana in H5 is an insane version of herself.

The Domain has "fixed" her in the sense that she's no longer falling apart but it seems pretty clear that the damage caused by the splitting/rampancy remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.