• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Don't really see the need to go full V for Vendetta and keep Chief faceless; I think having him be a character who puts/keeps his helmet on noticeably more than other Spartans/combatants would work fine and amplify the contrast when he does go helmetless.

Also surely we're at the stage now where deep learning AI can be used to make any line read sound like it was delivered by Downes. Add it as an option on the digital/physical release.
Audio remains a pretty hard thing to fake honestly. Look at how unnatural synthesized speech remains and how little Cortana sounds like Taylor.

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's everyone's favorite Reach multiplayer map?

I always liked Power House. It is not great team game map but it is passable, there are far worse maps.

Tempest is one of the most beautiful maps in any Halo, i like it a lot for that reason alone. It isn't that great map for any mode though... but i don't recall it being particularly frustrating either, guess there are worse maps

Uh... Can't think of others. I don't remember much from most of the maps. In retrospect, i don't think Reach had bad maps really, weaker ones could've been tweaked a bit in Forge to improve them (like, many maps could've done with fewer power weapons, more utility weapons, slightly adjust weapon placement), but it doesn't really have anything that truly stands out as a brilliant or excellent map.

Oct 17, 2018
Pretty shit that they won't at least dub Downes voice over for the TV show. Downes voice is Chief. Hopefully they don't show his face either. That'd be shit.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 17, 2018
Why haven't those people flocked to the MCC then considering it's pretty damn amazing now?

Maybe tastes have changed and arena style shooters such as Halo just aren't as popular as they were a decade ago.
Because most of them are on PC. That is the case for every person I know who used to play Halo, myself, my irl friends, my old Halo team mates. I still play Eldewrito atm even though it's trash because it's hard to find a game in the MLG playlists since everyone just plays garbage infection/big team.

OP
OP
Poodlestrike

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I should rephrase.

5 might be seen as a good game, but it's not a good Halo game.
That's just putting another, different opinion off limits!

Ya gotta dial it down, man. If you don't think it's a good game, argue the position. Don't just declare by fiat that it is so and all attempts to say otherwise are invalid. Or hell, don't argue the position, nobody's obligated to donate their time, but don't tell other fans how they should be allowed to feel about the game.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
What's everyone's favorite Reach multiplayer map?

Mine is Zealot, particularly the MLG variant.

Tempest. I'm not sure the middle of the map worked as well as it might, but it was a great CTF map for 4/5/6vs.

Also: the failure of a game like, say, Gigantic, has reinforced a lesson I already learned long ago - market success is not a sure-fire marker of a game's qualities being truly appreciated. There's too much focus on frippery and tables and stats, and not enough on 'does this game make me feel good'. Gigantic was superb. I love Halo 5. I am the Alpha and the Omega, bow down.

etc.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
My personal reason I stopped playing Halo.
5 stopped with any substantial updates that would want me to keep grinding. Mainly because I had unlocked everything and I also achieved my rank in Slayer that I wanted.

Not going back to mcc because I have been spoiled by the movement and feel of Halo 5. And since Apex came out, it reminds me of how Halo mp is for me. I can single handily wipe a squad out if I am skilled enough on my reaction. Reversal situations are plenty, "power" weapons are there, map position is also important. My Halo buddy I'd double team with plays Apex with me a lot now. We're just waiting for infinite.

While I am personally happy that mcc is getting more love, I don't see myself spending hours in MP like I used to until infinite. Maybe there will be a resurgance on PC when it's fully launched with all games, but I know for myself, I won't be diving back in until infinite launches. And boy I can't wait!!!

jem

Oct 25, 2017
The hundreds of thousands of people that used to play Halo but don't anymore cause the series went to shit apparently.
There's also the fact that the game stopped getting regular content updates over 2 years ago. The last major update was about a year and a half ago.

In today's market that's not good enough. Even if Halo 5 had been your personal perfect Halo game it would still be way down the top played lists.

Oct 26, 2017
Not sure if anyone got this vibe but the Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare campaign is kinda scratching that Halo itch for me that Halo 5's campaign failed to do. I'm not sure why because other than being sci-fi aesthetic games, they're pretty different. But when it comes to Hub worlds, character development, plot progression, and story, whatever is comparable to H5, IW excels at. I think this is a campaign 343i should really take some notes from for Infinite, specifically how Hub worlds are handled and making immersive, lived in environments with high attention to detail; it strikes the same vein as the new Wolfenstein games do in the sense of the former. Anyway, I highly recommend it and it's only like $10 bucks at this point. Nearly done with the story and it's a great ride.

Also my favorite original Reach map is probably Tempest, followed by Boneyard (Invasion), Anchor 9, and Zealot. Reach was lacking a bit in the map quality department, but I do think it gets a bit too bad of a rep.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reflection, Powerhouse, and Highlands were my favourite Reach maps. The majority of the launch maps were pretty bad. For example...

The Cage: Was an earlier design for Lockout during Halo 2's development... Why would Bungie bring an inferior design into the game?

Countdown: Has the same design flaw as Construct in Halo 3 which was once all the power weapons are secured then camp the lifts.

Boardwalk: Had potential but feels like it was ripped from the campaign. Is especially frustrating in Infection due to certain exploits used to get out of range of zombies.

Zealot: Simply an inferior version of Midship, the low gravity section feels tacked on.

Sword Base: What else can I say that hasn't already been said about this map? A campers wet dream!

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
i hope they dont show his face.

Well, we kind of already know what his face looks like as an adult already, so I'm not sure it would change something, as long as the Chief spend more time on screen with his helmet on rather than off.

1555943325-capture-d-ecran-2018-08-15-a-16-12-12.png

1555943329-capture-d-ecran-2018-08-15-a-16-13-55.png

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, we kind of already know what his face looks like as an adult already, so I'm not sure it would change something, as long as the Chief spend more time on screen with his helmet on rather than off.
I'm sure you'll agree there's a difference between showing his face in a comic with its own unique art style than in the games or live action show, right?

We're talking about millions of people who will see Chief's face for the first time. It'll be a monumental change for the franchise.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So the Halo Nation discord was nuked apparently, this might have been the reason...

crap.PNG

crap2.PNG

crap3.PNG

Disgusting behavior like this should no longer be tolerated in the Halo community. Why the moderators allowed this to fester on their channel is simply disturbing.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure you'll agree there's a difference between showing his face in a comic with its own unique art style than in the games or live action show, right?

We're talking about millions of people who will see Chief's face for the first time. It'll be a monumental change for the franchise.
This.

As I said before I hope they don't show his face. It might be silly but it's a defining aspect of the character and I think by revealing his face you ruin the character somewhat.

OP
OP
Poodlestrike

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
So the Halo Nation discord was nuked apparently, this might have been the reason...

crap.PNG

crap2.PNG

crap3.PNG

Disgusting behavior like this should no longer be tolerated in the Halo community. Why the moderators allowed this to fester on their channel is simply disturbing.
Friendly reminder to y'all that the HaloEra discord does still exist and still has a 0 tolerance policy towards fuckin' Nazis.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017

I really hope they don't show his face. At least not in the game.
For the love of god Stinkles please!

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Friendly reminder to y'all that the HaloEra discord does still exist and still has a 0 tolerance policy towards fuckin' Nazis.

Yikes. It goes without saying that whatever that was has nothing to do with us. What was it before and what happened here? I don't recognize any of those users. Was it a real discord that got hijacked or was it always...whatever THAT is?

I thought Discord was pretty good about spotting weird subsections and channels. Is this an outlier or is there a lot of that stuff hiding on other topics too?

OP
OP
Poodlestrike

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Yikes. It goes without saying that whatever that was has nothing to do with us. What was it before and what happened here? I don't recognize any of those users. Was it a real discord that got hijacked or was it always...whatever THAT is?

I thought Discord was pretty good about spotting weird subsections and channels. Is this an outlier or is there a lot of that stuff hiding on other topics too?
The problem with answering this is that Discord is so heavily segmented. There's no public facing thing like there is with Twitter or Facebook, it's entirely down to little micro-communities that don't have any means of directly interacting with each other. So if a server doesn't become problematic in a big, public way, it just... sits. Sometimes that's fine, other times something like this happens.

I wasn't a part of this particular server, so I can't give you the blow-by-blow, but I'd imagine it went like any number of other communities that had something similar happen. Nazis move in, make "jokes," mods don't crack down, they multiply, decent people leave, pretty soon it's nothing but garbage.

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017
You cannot argue 5 is a great game when it's currently the 34th most played game on Xbox in America, and the 49th most played in the UK. Like that's fucking abysmal.

I didn't realize we had Tralfamadorians here, but in short you totally can make that argument because most players perceive time as linear, and the game came out almost four years ago.

what the fuck at that Halo Nation thing, man

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You cannot argue 5 is a great game when it's currently the 34th most played game on Xbox in America, and the 49th most played in the UK. Like that's fucking abysmal.

I have more not nice things to say than nice things about Halo 5, but this line of thought is ridiculous and dumb.

Like, opinions. I'm sure for a lot of people, how popular a game is does not correlate to how good a game is.

Oct 17, 2018
I didn't realize we had Tralfamadorians here, but in short you totally can make that argument because most players perceive time as linear, and the game came out almost four years ago.

what the fuck at that Halo Nation thing, man
CoD Black Ops 3 was released the exact same time as 5 and is way more played. And CoD has had 3 new games since then.

I have more not nice things to say than nice things about Halo 5, but this line of thought is ridiculous and dumb.

Like, opinions. I'm sure for a lot of people, how popular a game is does not correlate to how good a game is.

If the game/series is not well known, I'd agree that playerbase ! = quality. However a game series as well known as Halo would be played a ton if it was good. Every person on Xbox has heard of Halo (unless they're like 5) and has most likely played at some point (seeing as 3s population was consistent 100K+ even years after release). If Halo released a good game, people would play it. 5 sold quite a few copies, the fact that it is unable to retain players shows that the game had no longevity.

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Halo Nation gone anyhow? They killed the wiki as effectively as they could given that it's Wikia, and moved to Halopedia.

Sucks that Google gives subpar results google juice because Zombie Halo Alpha is going to continue to persist and screw with easy linking to better content.

Oct 26, 2017
It's been out for 3 and a half years and is part of a franchise that is well past it's prime. The game has some issues but it did perform fine when it was more relevant, or at least well above the line of "fucking abysmal."

Status
Not open for further replies.