• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

YOSPOS-outlook-not-so-good-microsoft-outlook-not-good-1432720444j.jpg

It's already 3:20 pm pst.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Athlon is incredibly good.

I barely remember but Im pretty sure in Halo 4 GAF I made a poll or something with all the helmets and it was a simple like / dislike and it was overwhelming dislike, hopefully they heard the correct feedback about 5 for MP armor

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would hope that the feedback leads to nice new designs rather than "here's all the old shit from Reach/3 you liked but polished up".

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
I would hope that the feedback leads to nice new designs rather than "here's all the old shit from Reach/3 you liked but polished up".
i def want new designs. a lot of the alt stuff in 3 didnt really get me excited, didnt have that "spartan" feel. want everything to feel like it has the same heroic look as the mark VI. scout and EVA were examples of the good ones that i hope reappear (and have 0 chance not to)

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Athlon is incredibly good.

I barely remember but Im pretty sure in Halo 4 GAF I made a poll or something with all the helmets and it was a simple like / dislike and it was overwhelming dislike, hopefully they heard the correct feedback about 5 for MP armor
If Mk. V is not in Infinite d a y o n e , we need to do something about it.
I'll PM you the petition draft.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
So since i just spent 3 posts shitting the Halo 5 designs, I'll throw one in that I like. Someone mentioned they just want the Spartans to not look like power rangers as much. I mostly agree with that, but if they're gonna look like Power Rangers, then make them look like cool Power Rangers. Like Copperhead.

CfAAkOr.png

Looks sleek and pointed. Like it.

Oct 25, 2017
So since i just spent 3 posts shitting the Halo 5 designs, I'll throw one in that I like. Someone mentioned they just want the Spartans to not look like power rangers as much. I mostly agree with that, but if they're gonna look like Power Rangers, then make them look like cool Power Rangers. Like Copperhead.

CfAAkOr.png

Looks sleek and pointed. Like it.
I like all of Osiris' design. It's Blue Team that got hit with the ugly stick.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'd like to see an armour purely made from hard light.

I'd like to see an armour with a mix of standard human armour and hard light bits.

I'd like to see a hard light helmet only.

I'd like to see a hard light visor.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I like all of Osiris' design. It's Blue Team that got hit with the ugly stick.

Well, Buck is cheating as it's just an ODST helmet, and I actually don't like Locke's too much. But I agree that Olympia Vale's looks cool.

As for Blue Team, Chief looks fine though I prefer his Halo 2/3 look, and Fred...is okay, I guess, though he looks like a fatter/blockier standard spartan helmet. I wish they just gave Kelly a regular Eva one because why give her a giant forehead helmet? I guess they don't look great, but it could be worse for them. They could be Linda...

IG1BpDd.png

I wonder what the tactical advantage of removing your peripheral vision is.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
A bit off topic, but did anyone here actually hit SR 152? I think yourexwife was the only one from our group.

I'm just wondering what they are going to give them in Infinite. I think I was SR 144 before I stopped playing.

OP
OP
Poodlestrike

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
There were plenty of good looking H5 armors, they were just mostly grouped in the more basic looks. Anubis, Recruit, Warrior, all solid helmets. It's when you got into the fancy armors that things started breaking down.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so because I do these things and I was spurred by the desire for knowledge backed by statistics, i made dis

It scales much better on mobile, but I wanted to make sure the pictures were big enough to see clearly
Desktop
bK3hVax.png

Basically click or tap on ones you like, dont touch the ones you dont, hit "VOTE" at the bottom.

There are 100 unique helmets in Halo 5 (I accidentally left out Olive and put in the two near identical Mk VI variants, but we will live)

I know the Map Bracket was super popular and this is a bit more niche, but it would be interesting to see the results!

Thanks in advance to everyone who clicks or scrolls through!

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so because I do these things and I was spurred by the desire for knowledge backed by statistics, i made dis

It scales much better on mobile, but I wanted to make sure the pictures were big enough to see clearly
Desktop
bK3hVax.png

Basically click or tap on ones you like, dont touch the ones you dont, hit "VOTE" at the bottom.

There are 100 unique helmets in Halo 5 (I accidentally left out Olive and put in the two near identical Mk VI variants, but we will live)

I know the Map Bracket was super popular and this is a bit more niche, but it would be interesting to see the results!

Thanks for making this, but you should probably null the votes of anyone who selects pioneer, because it's obviously impossible for someone to like that skin so they're obviously trolling.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
i like lindas alright. could be better. Edit: did not vote for it in the poll since there are so many i like better.

mark v should not only be in at launch, but be the default spartan armor you start with in mp

btw Viper armor is dope and i would be excited to see it back in some form.

Last edited:

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
Redmond Kirkland start your copiers!

We are gearing up for release on July 6th, so there will be quite a bit of media posted about it. I don't want to clog the thread, so I'll post every once in a while with the latest stuff, long as the mods are okay with it.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017

Desktop
bK3hVax.png

There were way more decent Helmets than I remembered... But the ones I don't like I absolutely HATE!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Poodlestrike

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

Desktop
bK3hVax.png

Hah, this is great - lots of helmets I like and just a few real stinkers. VINDICATION

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
There were way more decent Helmets than I remembered... But the ones I don't like I absolutely HATE!
Hah, this is great - lots of helmets I like and just a few real stinkers. VINDICATION

This was my take away also, I think out of the 100 I liked 37 or something, I'm a bit of purist though so idk.

But y'all are right, I wish there was a super dislike button for those truly unlovable ones

Like...

Ok, who voted for Venture? lol

latest

Thanks for making this, but you should probably null the votes of anyone who selects pioneer, because it's obviously impossible for someone to like that skin so they're obviously trolling.
I'm gunna have to track IP addresses, because yeah we have to get to the bottom of this lol

Did y'all find it easy enough/enjoyable?

100 is alot so I don't expect everyone to try it but if y'all liked it I'll throw it up on Reddit and waypoint and in a week or something I'll do a stat blowout

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
This was my take away also, I think out of the 100 I liked 37 or something, I'm a bit of purist though so idk.

But y'all are right, I wish there was a super dislike button for those truly unlovable ones

Like...

I'm gunna have to track IP addresses, because yeah we have to get to the bottom of this lol

Did y'all find it easy enough/enjoyable?

100 is alot so I don't expect everyone to try it but if y'all liked it I'll throw it up on Reddit and waypoint and in a week or something I'll do a stat blowout

It would be cool to see a full stat blowout!

jem

Oct 25, 2017
I always thought the hate for the H5 helmets was a bit overblown. People just focus more heavily on the terrible ones.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
It would be cool to see a full stat blowout!

Cool, then yeah when I get home I'll throw it around a bit and see if we can get a bigger pool of people

Edit: just quickly checked my account page and 43 people viewed but only 22 voted, so yeah probably getting scared off by the amount of choices, no biggie. I'll promote it a bit and hopefully we can see lots of data, I think like 2000 people did the map bracket, doubt we'll match that tho.

I always thought the hate for the H5 helmets was a bit overblown. People just focus more heavily on the terrible ones.

To play devil's advocate, the ones that are bad are so egregious I cannot fathom how they made it in and I think it takes away from what Halo "is" to some people.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017

This might be true. But the terrible ones being alarmingly hideous + the rng system limiting access to the ones that are good + the abundance of nearly identical variants was all but guaranteed to generate these kind of sentiments.

Getting 3 venture variants before getting a BR is going to leave a mark.

Last edited:

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Cool, then yeah when I get home I'll throw it around a bit and see if we can get a bigger pool of people

Edit: just quickly checked my account page and 43 people viewed but only 22 voted, so yeah probably getting scared off by the amount of choices, no biggie. I'll promote it a bit and hopefully we can see lots of data, I think like 2000 people did the map bracket, doubt we'll match that tho.

To play devil's advocate, the ones that are bad are so egregious I cannot fathom how they made it in and I think it takes away from what Halo "is" to some people.
Oh I agree, the bad ones are straight up complete trash. I think there are a fair few really good designs though and sadly they get overshadowed by the shit ones

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Ok, who voted for Venture? lol

latest
me! i rocked that one for a really long time. of you're talking sleek power ranger design cant get any better.

willing to own up to any single votes that are me, im far too used to having unpopular opinions to care about hiding them!

EDIT: I didnt vote pioneer. i liked the halo 4 version better: the two circles were made of visor material and added some contrast to the design.

Last edited:

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Desktop
bK3hVax.png

Find out whoever doesn't vote for Mk. V Delta and Indomitable, then take care of em.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My rough numbers, excluding Bungie era designs, indicate its 10% wtf are you doing this is terrible and artists should be fired, 30% are this is p bad. 50% are meh and 5% are decent and 5% are hey these are actually pretty good.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
while there are a fair number of halo 5 helmets i like, its pretty telling that my absolute favorites are either the bungie classics (EVA gen 1) or the classics reinvented

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
while there are a fair number of halo 5 helmets i like, its pretty telling that my absolute favorites are either the bungie classics (EVA gen 1) or the classics reinvented
respectfully, idk what its specifically telling other than that fanservice tends to appeal to fans. which is fine! and cool. and doesn't undermine criticisms of the newer stuff. but like, still.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
respectfully, idk what its specifically telling other than that fanservice tends to appeal to fans. which is fine! and cool. and doesn't undermine criticisms of the newer stuff. but like, still.

i think its telling that i greatly prefer the designs of the older titles to the new ones. but sure, fanservice.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
i think its telling that i greatly prefer the designs of the older titles to the new ones. but sure, fanservice.
like, i get what you're saying, but also it literally is fanservice, tho. that doesn't mean you're wrong. it just is reasonable to think that this might have SOMETHING to do with edging out newer designs that you do like (unless i misinterpreted and you just think some are passable)

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just remember struggling to find anything I liked on my spartan for Halo 5. REQ system didn't do me any favors.

But for what its worth, I found body armor actually much worse than the helmets. Space bras and exposed undersuit everywhere.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
ive kinda always had an issue with undersuits since halo 1 where they didnt look particularly sturdy. they honestly just looked like leather. I love how the Infinite design bulks the undersuit up a bunch and makes it clear its part of the armor, not a casual bodysuit underneath

edit: i meant like halo 1s bodysuit had the same bulky look infinite's has. not that it looked unsubstantial

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.