• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
Well, wouldnt this be a problem with Infinite as well since its also coming out of the fat xbox one? I kinda wish theyd just cut off the xbox one tbh.
No, the memory issue is because they're reaching the limit on adding so many games on one executable. Won't be a problem for Infinite.

Yeah as I understand it, they just have too many different codes running in one executable. We got 5, soon to be six different games, 6 multiplayer suites, firefight, UE for character customization, etc etc

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I can't believe people have nostalgia for Reach. Every time I give it a go again like last night it's always a dumpster fire. At least in H4 you can actually shoot people consistently.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I can't believe people have nostalgia for Reach. Every time I give it a go again like last night it's always a dumpster fire. At least in H4 you can actually shoot people consistently.
My nostalgia for Reach comes solely from friends and community at the time. We were younger, coming off that Halo 3 hotness.

Reach was damn near panned across the board on HaloGAF but it felt nice to play a new Halo game, hitscan was a welcome change coming from the H3 netcode. Forge just exploded.

Once Halo 4 hit and disappointed it felt like we couldn't take the hit of 2 disappointing Halo games in a row and the community basically fizzled out. I wonder how different the community would have been if Halo 5 had taken the place of Halo 4.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
My nostalgia for Reach comes solely from friends and community at the time. We were younger, coming off that Halo 3 hotness.

Reach was damn near panned across the board on HaloGAF but it felt nice to play a new Halo game, hitscan was a welcome change coming from the H3 netcode. Forge just exploded.

Once Halo 4 hit and disappointed it felt like we couldn't take the hit of 2 disappointing Halo games in a row and the community basically fizzled out. I wonder how different the community would have been if Halo 5 had taken the place of Halo 4.
Yeah, playing with my friends from H3 and making new ones on bnet was still good. But we were getting so frustrated with the game and people praising the AA's and bloom lol. Halo 4 killed my friend group and the community after a few months which I'm still salty about.

I always thought that Reach and 4 were equally terrible but 4 at least nowadays is more playable.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually quite keen to try Reach's MP with the DLC maps. I've never played any of them before and seems by most accounts that they're better than the launch selection.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually quite keen to try Reach's MP with the DLC maps. I've never played any of them before and seems by most accounts that they're better than the launch selection.

The DLC maps were pretty good! Some solid BTB maps as well.

Highlands and Condemned were great maps. Had some other solid ones too.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think I played Highland a total of 5 times and like 1-2 of those were in customs.

The Reach (and Halo 4) DLC situation was atrocious because you could never play the damn maps you paid for.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Can someone provide a link to what Halo books I should be reading to prepare for Infinite?

Also, are the halo books any good or are they just good because they're halo books?

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to love Reach on the CEA maps in particular. Damnation is the best CE 4v4 map and still holds up in Reach.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to love Reach on the CEA maps in particular. Damnation is the best CE 4v4 map and still holds up in Reach.

Yea, tbh I'm looking forward to Reach now. Back when the TU launched I couldn't play much, and I lost some love for Halo at that point (burnt out).

Hopefully they launch Reach with good MP settings, Vanilla sucked.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Yea, tbh I'm looking forward to Reach now. Back when the TU launched I couldn't play much, and I lost some love for Halo at that point (burnt out).

Hopefully they launch Reach with good MP settings, Vanilla sucked.
I just want them to do even starts with sprint only, I want the same for 4 as well. I doubt it will be that way at launch but if the community advocated for it then maybe.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I just want them to do even starts with sprint only, I want the same for 4 as well. I doubt it will be that way at launch but if the community advocated for it then maybe.

I'd be down with that. I wouldn't even mind a weekend JetPack playlist lol. Just to be able to goof around.

It would also be cool if 343 was able to put in awards for ranked playlist that could carry over to Halo Infinite :(, it won't happen tho and I understand why. It just sucks because ranked playlist are mostly dead.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
does this mean no more AI squads in infinite?

THANK GOD

jk, all that shit was decided long ago, this is more than likely not a dramatic exit representing some massive issue at 343i or with infinite.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone provide a link to what Halo books I should be reading to prepare for Infinite?

Also, are the halo books any good or are they just good because they're halo books?
I just finished listening to the audio book of Contact Harvest which was genuinely really good.

Nor really any useful info for Infinite though.

The books you probably should read are the Forerunner trilogy. I read them a while back and I seem to remember thinking they were okay but not brilliant. Might give them a re-read.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
... why did I go into that gaming thread....

Any news about possible infinite info at games on or maybe I just need to wait till xo19?

Jan 4, 2018
does this mean no more AI squads in infinite?

THANK GOD

jk, all that shit was decided long ago, this is more than likely not a dramatic exit representing some massive issue at 343i or with infinite.

I hope the squad system has been scrapped for Infinite. Or at least, something like in Halo 3 (sometimes Chief is alone, sometimes the Arbiter or some Marines/ODST are joining him).

I want more creepy levels like 343 Guilty Spark. It would be impossible with the squad system.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
The one silver lining of that gaming side thread is that I saw this post...
I assumed people had noticed it already? Here it is in the trailer:

KqIuKVC.png

You can see it at 3:29 in the trailer, right as VISR boots up.

Also, that series of periods and colons (. : : . : : : : , etc.) when converted to binary (: is 1, . is 0) and then to ascii translates to "oh hey....." That same phrase occurs later in the sequence too.

Alas, haven't discovered anything else in the trailer.

EDIT: Just did a google search and there is a small halo waypoint thread about it, but it doesn't look like any major gaming news outlet has mentioned it, so maybe this isn't common knowledge lol.

I wonder what's happening on the 22nd of December...

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
People are far too sky is falling, though I think some general concern over the news is warranted.

Anyhow, still hyped as shit for the game. I just hope we do get news sooner rather than later.

My most anticipated game. Halo CE got be back into gaming, so it has a but spot in this cold heart

Akai

Oct 25, 2017

Nah, it's just missing in action. :)

I'd imagine that the Forerunner Saga is still relevant. For example, "Primordium" takes place on Zeta Halo, where Halo: Infinite will also take place.

But you should probably drop into the Lore Threads and ask there. I've been out of the loop after the 3 Forerunner books.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I hope the squad system has been scrapped for Infinite. Or at least, something like in Halo 3 (sometimes Chief is alone, sometimes the Arbiter or some Marines/ODST are joining him).

I want more creepy levels like 343 Guilty Spark. It would be impossible with the squad system.
Going by your avatar and you posting in this thread, I see you're a person of culture. Good on you for having taste 👍

Smash + Halo = LUV

Oct 25, 2017

It's hard to say what ties in to Infinite given what they've told us of the story, but probably New Blood/Bad Blood and The Forerunner Trilogy are safe bets.

Personally, I think the Halo novels rank from "good as tie-in media" to "good on their own"; even the weaker ones have their charms, but I wouldn't go out of my way to read them unless I was really into the lore.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's hard to say what ties in to Infinite given what they've told us of the story, but probably New Blood/Bad Blood and The Forerunner Trilogy are safe bets.

Personally, I think the Halo novels rank from "good as tie-in media" to "good on their own"; even the weaker ones have their charms, but I wouldn't go out of my way to read them unless I was really into the lore.

I believe I read Fall of Reach and it was pretty good. Don't know if the newer ones are as good though.

darthbob

One Winged Slayer
Nov 20, 2017
I believe I read Fall of Reach and it was pretty good. Don't know if the newer ones are as good though.
Nylund was the greatest with Halo lore IMO. Kinda stopped reading after Ghosts of Onyx. TFoR, FS, and GoO were all amazing.

Recently listened to Silent Strike and enjoyed it though. The Forerunner trilogy was pretty good, but parts of it were too slow.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Nylund was the greatest with Halo lore IMO. Kinda stopped reading after Ghosts of Onyx. TFoR, FS, and GoO were all amazing.

Recently listened to Silent Strike and enjoyed it though. The Forerunner trilogy was pretty good, but parts of it were too slow.

Sucks that he's partly retired and doesn't have interest anymore. Remember Stinkles saying something like that in the old place.

Found the quote:

Nope, he's partly retired, from what I understand - and working on his (excellent) original material.

We would were he interested and available.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
personally ive never really liked most halo books besides the forerunner stuff (since its basically its own sci fi story) and silent storm (which has some pretty cheesy renderings of the insurrectionists but it all feels in good fun)

am I crazy, or wasnt Chris Lees supposed to be the main lead from the start for infinite? I don't recall Tim being mentioned at all other than that he was still there, similar to Josh Holmes on H5.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
personally ive never really liked most halo books besides the forerunner stuff (since its basically its own sci fi story) and silent storm (which has some pretty cheesy renderings of the insurrectionists but it all feels in good fun)

am I crazy, or wasnt Chris Lees supposed to be the main lead from the start for infinite? I don't recall Tim being mentioned at all other than that he was still there, similar to Josh Holmes on H5.

Chris Lee is the head of the "overall vision" for the game. Meaning, he is the head of what the game turns out to be, while Tim Longo was somewhere underneath him in terms of pecking order.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I mostly just read the older stuff:

The Fall of Reach
The Flood
First Strike
Ghosts of Onyx
Contact Harvest
The Cole Protocol
Forerunner Saga

The last thing I read was Saint's Testimony, which wasn't bad. It was interesting to read about a different topic than the typical spartan stuff.

Out of everything I read, I would have to say the Forerunner Saga was the most interesting and compelling.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

I have also been looking back at some of the halo 5 vidoc stuff and I believe Longo was brought in during a time when halo 5 was in a rough point of development, and a lot of the mechanics in halo 5 were attributed to him. So it's possible that he left due to a disagreement of vision and was demoted and then left due to this. I'm sure we will hear about all of this once the game launches .

I think if Lee left I'd be more worried because it seems like his fingerprints are on the game more than anyone else's.

Status
Not open for further replies.