• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Defect were you on Reach tonight?

I got absolutely assblasted in a game on Ridgeline by a team with 4 dudes w/matching emblems and one of the GT was 'Defect'

One of the emblem guys was named Pcola, he betrayed me for sniper (like, straight up emptied his AR and both nades at me, who does that anymore?) and then the next game was on the opposite team and murderer the shit out of me

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Defect were you on Reach tonight?

I got absolutely assblasted in a game on Ridgeline by a team with 4 dudes w/matching emblems and one of the GT was 'Defect'

One of the emblem guys was named Pcola, he betrayed me for sniper (like, straight up emptied his AR and both nades at me, who does that anymore?) and then the next game was on the opposite team and murderer the shit out of me
That wasn't me, my gt is 'Hacked'.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
I tried to bide my time for Reach PC by playing some D2 Crucible, then I remembered that - for all its flaws - Reach was the last good PvP Bungie made.
Anyone that criticizes 4 and 5's mechanics but thinks Reach is good deserve to be slapped in the face.
Nah. Reach is flawed but still feels like Halo. Halo 4 is a CoD knockoff that's worse than both what came before in the franchise and the franchise it's trying to ripoff; it doesn't help that Blops II - probably the last CoD that the majority of the community enjoyed without question - released the same year and made it look even worse.

EDIT: Oh god, I just remembered that shitty prestige system it had too. Good lord.
I'm not even going to engage in a debate with someone that likes Reach PVP and Destiny lol.
???

Read my post again (largely cause I added a part I thought I had put in).

Last edited:

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not even going to engage in a debate with someone that likes Reach PVP and Destiny lol.

Edit: I misread.

For the record I'm not defending Halo 4 in that statement, just saying some of the same criticisms that are thrown at 4 and 5 can also be applied to Reach. Like the Codification, Reach has loadouts and armor abilities that break the map.

Last edited:

jem

Oct 25, 2017
For all its faults Halo 4 at least has smooth and well made core gameplay.

That's more than can be said for Reach with bloom.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017

PS: Don't take the video too serious. I'm just having fun.

i might be wrong but i think there is a matchmaking screen that shows your ping to various servers and some UK ones are live.

That screen exists, because it's present in the MCC release build like other general UI/UX screens. Don't think that neccessarily means that these servers are available for the Insider build, though. They might be available, but I have yet to see anyone playing on a server other than East US 2, North Central US, South Central US and West US in the Insider build, tbh. Don't think it'd be surprising, if they only had US servers for the Insider Flight.

Oct 26, 2017
Had a lot of fun with BTB last night. Got randoms on the mic in lobbies which was the real blast from the past.

Hopefully I can get some Hardcore games in tonight

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For all its faults Halo 4 at least has smooth and well made core gameplay.

That's more than can be said for Reach with bloom.
Legendary Halo 4 was serviceable.

HaloGAF during the Halo 4 information drip was some good shit.

343 released this.

gif3bqadk.gif

Coming from the slow movement, bloom DMR world, this looked INCREDIBLE. I don't know if posting a link to "the old place" is taboo here but look at all the positive reactions.

https://www.**********/threads/halo-ot-halogaf-evolved.459213/page-377

EDIT: lol its blocked. If you don't wanna give them clicks just know that everyone was salivating over that GIF.

I also remember when some Halo 4 MP details were leaked. Things like kill streaks, randomized power weapons, even sillier armor abilities, spawning with a shotgun, no descope, etc etc. were all mentioned and the entire community laughed it off as being untrue because that just sounded like some CoD fanboys dream of what Halo could be. The leaks were deemed too stupid to be true.

AND THEN THEY CAME TRUE

Oct 26, 2017

343 released this.

gif3bqadk.gif

Coming from the slow movement, bloom DMR world, this looked INCREDIBLE. I don't know if posting a link to "the old place" is taboo here but look at all the positive reactions.

EDIT: lol its blocked. If you don't wanna give them clicks just know that everyone was salivating over that GIF.

I also remember when some Halo 4 MP details were leaked. Things like kill streaks, randomized power weapons, even sillier armor abilities, spawning with a shotgun, no descope, etc etc. were all mentioned and the entire community laughed it off as being untrue because that just sounded like some CoD fanboys dream of what Halo could be. The leaks were deemed too stupid to be true.

AND THEN THEY CAME TRUE

I was never as bothered by all the extras in Halo 4 as others. But boy do I remember what you're talking about. There was just one 4 shot BR gif from Haven that just got posted so often. And the barn leak was so odd.

Pre Halo 4 was good times.

Oct 25, 2017

343 released this.

gif3bqadk.gif

AND THEN THEY CAME TRUE

No white text!

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
That gif is absolute bae

We will always have that gif

Remember the uproar over H4 not having red Xs over dead teammates? I remember.
th

And it was total bullshit.

As a long time member of team slrp, it is still STAGGERING with how much was lost from Reach -> Halo 4.

Reach was so jam packed with features and options and little details that really rounded the whole thing together.

Yeah some gameplay elements sucked, but damn the amount of content and polish in the other systems and UI and and and, we're top notch.

Halo 3 and Reach we're both the total package, as hard as I stan sometimes I can't say that 4 or 5 really come close.

Oct 25, 2017
That gif is absolute bae

th

As a long time member of team slrp, it is still STAGGERING with how much was lost from Reach -> Halo 4.

Reach was so jam packed with features and options and little details that really rounded the whole thing together.

Yeah some gameplay elements sucked, but damn the amount of content and polish in the other systems and UI and and and, we're top notch.

Halo 3 and Reach we're both the total package, as hard as I stan sometimes I can't say that 4 or 5 really come close.

Yeah that's one of the things I feel like people who don't understand why others love 3 and Reach. They had at the time what was a staggering amount of content and social features. Halo 4 and Halo 5 launched missing a bunch of stuff people expected.

Oct 26, 2017
That gif is absolute bae

th

Oh yeah. I love defending the better parts of the new games till the cows come home but it is ridiculous how much had to be added to H4 after the fact. And with 5 BTB was a total after thought.

3 was always ahead of it's time with features but Reach was jam packed too.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
That gif is absolute bae

th

That's honestly H5's biggest problem is that it lacks a lot of content that the other games - even H4 - had, despite playing extremely well and being what Halo 4 should've been with regards to gameplay reinvention. Plus it didn't have a Haven remake until after launch so that's already -100 points against it; seriously 343i, put that shit in at launch in Infinite, Haven deserves better.

Also, do you think 343i will replace reqs with a battle/season pass a la Fortnite, or keep reqs? I'd rather they do the former, even if it means I have to pay $10+ plus getting into the grind to eventually get my Mk. V helmet.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
Oh yeah. I love defending the better parts of the new games till the cows come home but it is ridiculous how much had to be added to H4 after the fact. And with 5 BTB was a total after thought.

I don't even think it's just the BTB situation that still irks me about H5 in terms of content, though. The amount of standard features that they patched in was absurd and they somehow still never did a proper firefight (Warzone Firefight ain't it) or one-sided objective modes.

Then there's that whole other issue of them discontinuing updates for the game back in 2016.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
I remember playing Team Slayer with no AAs/killstreaks at Fan Expo before the release of Halo 4 and then being very confused at launch when it was completely absent.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
I feel that whilst it launched lacking content H5 has developed into a very well rounded game.

Oct 26, 2017
I feel that whilst it launched lacking content H5 has developed into a very well rounded game.

Oh it did. My only complaint is it seemed to have the shortest hold of all the Halo games for me thus far.

It's my fault for diversifying and playing other games but there wasn't much incentive to keep playing. I have more success getting old friends on MCC than I do 5.

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017
In terms of gameplay, I wonder how much desire to move beyond Bungie design choices influenced 343i to implement all the crazy design decisions into 4. I can understand the creative desire to be unique and special, but so much reeked of being different just to be different, just like the visual direction.

They even seemed to actively undo gameplay that defined the series like the golden triangle- like, who really thought making the ability to pick up grenades a perk was a good idea?

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In terms of gameplay, I wonder how much desire to move beyond Bungie design choices influenced 343i to implement all the crazy design decisions into 4. I can understand the creative desire to be unique and special, but so much reeked of being different just to be different, just like the visual direction.

They even seemed to actively undo gameplay that defined the series like the golden triangle- like, who really thought making the ability to pick up grenades a perk was a good idea?

It's the ol bullshit of "You can build your spartan to your playstyle!!!!"

What they forget to tell you is they had to remove abilities from you first and then you can only pick a few of them back up.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
How long are the campaigns? I want to play all the games in the series before infinite to catch up

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I had forgotten how much I disliked bloom and how sprint had that weird momentum

Reach still does a lot of fun stuff though, particularly with the weapons

I really hope Halo Infinite recaptures some of the weird, over-the-top fun Halo was known for in its sandbox. The weapons of Reach feel a lot more varied, fun, and complex.

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017
It's the ol bullshit of "You can build your spartan to your playstyle!!!!"

What they forget to tell you is they had to remove abilities from you first and then you can only pick a few of them back up.

Except sprint for everyone! ...hurray?

My favorite was the perk that removed flinch (remember flinch?), which made you magically win 90% of 1v1s.

Ghostavus

Nov 16, 2017
Whenever I play the Halo 5 throwback themed playlists like the current Halo 3 one, I think how cool it would have been if we had gotten the old maps remastered for 5.

For example, we won't get a Halo 3 anniversary likely as there is no need with it included in MCC (which finally rocks these days), but what if we had gotten a pack of 5 Halo 3 maps fully redone in 5 graphics (not forge maps) and a playlist tuned to it? I would have loved it!

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
How long are the campaigns? I want to play all the games in the series before infinite to catch up
All of the main games are ~8-10 hours on Normal or Heroic, while ODST is a shorter 4-6. In other words, extremely doable in a week's timeframe. I'd also advise playing in release order, and you can skip the Wars games if you want since they're RTSes instead of FPSes.

Oct 17, 2018

343 released this.

gif3bqadk.gif

AND THEN THEY CAME TRUE

And then they also made the BR a 5 shot kill weapon.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Im out of the map boundary on Tempest in MCC Insider remaking Foundation from memory, why do I do this to myself?

Also,
Life
Death
Halo Forge Pieces moving after a save.

Tom French, or guy from the stream last week, frankie, bonnie, phil, trump, idc who I need to talk to, please, please I implore you.
Do whatever you can in Infinite to keep forge pieces from moving. If I use detailed menus to exactly adjust a piece to the tenth degree of a coordinate. You have the most accurate measurements and rotational information you can possibly have, and immediately upon saving all the pieces are like

SpongeBon.jpg

Yeah that's one of the things I feel like people who don't understand why others love 3 and Reach. They had at the time what was a staggering amount of content and social features. Halo 4 and Halo 5 launched missing a bunch of stuff people expected.

fuch and munch, my dudes, yall know.
Also, do you think 343i will replace reqs with a battle/season pass a la Fortnite, or keep reqs? I'd rather they do the former, even if it means I have to pay $10+ plus getting into the grind to eventually get my Mk. V helmet.

At this point I just assume it will indeed have Seasons and Battle Pass, I mean in a month or two MCC will have freakin seasons, its just grown to be so synonymous with (progression system) that they are 1 in the same right now. Idk how I feel about it, it will really depend on what type of content is drip fed like that.

Oct 26, 2017
Im out of the map boundary on Tempest in MCC Insider remaking Foundation from memory, why do I do this to myself?

Also,
Life
Death
Halo Forge Pieces moving after a save.

Tom French, or guy from the stream last week, frankie, bonnie, phil, trump, idc who I need to talk to, please, please I implore you.
Do whatever you can in Infinite to keep forge pieces from moving. If I use detailed menus to exactly adjust a piece to the tenth degree of a coordinate. You have the most accurate measurements and rotational information you can possibly have, and immediately upon saving all the pieces are like

SpongeBon.jpg

fuch and munch, my dudes, yall know.

At this point I just assume it will indeed have Seasons and Battle Pass, I mean in a month or two MCC will have freakin seasons, its just grown to be so synonymous with (progression system) that they are 1 in the same right now. Idk how I feel about it, it will really depend on what type of content is drip fed like that.

It's so nice to finally have some positive posters talk about Reach. After years of being told my favorite Halo game is trash it's so refreshing to see some people appreciate it.

Anyone playing Hardcore tonight?

Edit: Holy crap I forgot how much I hated zero bloom. Jesus those MLG versions of the game are different.

Last edited:

rayngiraffe

Dec 11, 2018
This may be random, but for what its worth I really enjoyed Reach's campaign? The feel of the weapons were great, enemies were really slippery and felt challenging enough to fight.

NOKYARD

Oct 25, 2017
I liked the fact that you can drive forklifts/trucks through substantial portions of the campaign.

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017
MLG/ Zero Bloom Reach was always a special beast. Christ all those maps were ugly though. I still don't understand why color saturation in Forge blocks was a no-no.

Normal TU (85% bloom, right?) was decent, but there's no getting around the fact that bloom sucks, and just taking it out completely breaks the whole sandbox.

I liked the fact that you can drive forklifts/trucks through substantial portions of the campaign.

Every Halo was truly a step backwards after this though. Also you get to fight those dinosaur things in that one part, and shoot space birds.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
Bloom is a black eye on Reach no matter what settings you use. 100% is awful, 85-75 less awful and zero bloom is the best option but a non-starter for BTB where it would make cross mapping horrendous and kill all map flow. If the game had a BR with less range and you just took out the DMR then Reach would have been infinitely better (assuming you also completely eliminate the awful armor abilities as well). Maybe the zero bloom pistol could work if it behaves close to Halo 5's.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Man, ZBNS is really one of the best Halo games. I've been playing the TU the last couple of days and so frustrated with how bad bloom is. No bloom, no sprint with increased movement speeds improves the game signicantly.

I honestly wish 343 would just completely remove bloom in every playlist.

Oct 26, 2017
I never realized the hardcore settings seem to make the DMR a 4 shot. With zero bloom that'd be insanely broken.

It would've been great to have a zero bloom pistol though. That could've been as dominant as the H1 pistol.

Oct 26, 2017
It's crazy how much the community is talking in lobby right now. I've made more new Halo pals in the last four days than I made in the last couple years.

Found myself in a 3v4 last night and ended up winning. Kept playing with those two dudes all night.

Oh no

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Remove bloom entirely and have Pistol/AR starts. Let the DMR/Needle Rifle be a map pickup on smaller maps since it's basically a sniper. DMR starts with no bloom ruins big team etc but with the pistol it would be good I think.

Edit: Remove Armour Lock too, someone did it to me yesterday and it gave me some horrible flashbacks 😂😩

Edit 2: Just remembered Elite Slayer, that was pretty decent iirc. And Squad Slayer
tombstone-1896.gif

NOKYARD

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone remember the broken Zero Bloom Needle Rifle auto fire mode? It was like a solid beam of needle.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
Remove bloom entirely and have Pistol/AR starts. Let the DMR/Needle Rifle be a map pickup on smaller maps since it's basically a sniper. DMR starts with no bloom ruins big team etc but with the pistol it would be good I think.

Edit: Remove Armour Lock too, someone did it to me yesterday and it gave me some horrible flashbacks 😂😩

Edit 2: Just remembered Elite Slayer, that was pretty decent iirc. And Squad Slayer
tombstone-1896.gif
Remove all armor abilities and I agree. Keep armor abilities in invasion with 75% bloom. Everything else, zero bloom, no armor abilities, pistol starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.