• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SkoomaBlade

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Hows the community for Halo 5 these days? Just picked it up the other day and I've been having issues with match making either taking forever or not working at all on just about every playlist.

It's not dead is it?

Anton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
They never fixed the bug with the Needle Rifle bloom in TU, probably won't now since it's part of the game warts and all

Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't get rid of all armor abilities. I'm one of the rare ones that liked them in the game. Although I know how hated they were. But the hardcore settings having them on map ala H3 was super fun.

That needle rifle becomes a power weapon real quick though. It also kinda kills close quarters meleeing too. I still prefer TU but zero bloom did grow on me last night.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
I liked the power weapon version needle rifle lol

Also, why did people call it the Dolphin Gun, post TU?

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017
Hows the community for Halo 5 these days? Just picked it up the other day and I've been having issues with match making either taking forever or not working at all on just about every playlist.

It's not dead is it?

It's not great, although it seems like there might also be something kind of buggy about matchmaking lately, too. Was having a really hard time finding people in Warzone on Saturday night of all things when I was with a buddy who lives across the country.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
It's hard to find a game in Halo 5 if you're searching away from prime time.

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
I liked the power weapon version needle rifle lol

Also, why did people call it the Dolphin Gun, post TU?
From the Halo Weekly Update before the TU.

"In fact, the number we're currently sweet on is 85%. At a 15% reduction, the DMR feels a lot better, without the Needle Rifle becoming Dolphin Gun, Destroyer of Worlds. In that way, we may find ourselves with a happy medium. That's not to say that "Zero Bloom" doesn't have its place in this new world order. It certainly does, but trust us: with zero bloom in place, the Needle Rifle becomes (and should be treated like) a power weapon."

Oh no

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Played some insider 2v2's today, actually got some Euro servers. They do exist!

They helped a bit but still massive issues with hits not registering and getting shot round corners etc. Every insider match has felt worse for me than playing on 360 in that regard.

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I knew it wouldn't be long. The build had a few issues but I'm definitely ready for it to just be released. It's been talked about for most of the year it feels like.

Hopefully the full release is at least no further than Christmas.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I knew it wouldn't be long. The build had a few issues but I'm definitely ready for it to just be released. It's been talked about for most of the year it feels like.

Hopefully the full release is at least no further than Christmas.

pretty sure they said it was nearing completion. i think a few/several weeks is a reasonable expectation

?

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I've come to a conclusion everyone. Ready?

I still don't like Bloom. Mind blowing, I know.

Also... someone was really mad at their teammate going 4-17 yesterday. I haven't heard that kind of rage and insults in a couple years, since I'm usually always in a XBL party anyways. Felt incredibly bad for the person, because there's really no reason to do that. Especially in a private testing build, where you should have at least some professional behavior.

Oct 26, 2017
I've come to a conclusion everyone. Ready?

I still don't like Bloom. Mind blowing, I know.

Also... someone was really mad at their teammate going 4-17 yesterday. I haven't heard that kind of rage and insults in a couple years, since I'm usually always in a XBL party anyways. Felt incredibly bad for the person, because there's really no reason to do that. Especially in a private testing build, where you should have at least some professional behavior.

That is sad. Everyone I encountered seemed to be in great spirits. Don't know why others feel the need to act that way.

Especially when you know everyone had to sign up for this.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
Have they said if they're doing ranked in Reach MCC, and if so, is it gonna be better than whatever Arena was supposed to be in the original game?

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
That is sad. Everyone I encountered seemed to be in great spirits. Don't know why others feel the need to act that way.

Especially when you know everyone had to sign up for this.

The overall experience was actually pretty great, yeah. This was luckily just an outlier.

Have they said if they're doing ranked in Reach MCC, and if so, is it gonna be better than whatever Arena was supposed to be in the original game?

MCC Ranked is using the 1-50 system, but I don't think it's very good. Not because the system itself is bad, but because too few players are arround in certain playlists, so you end up playing against pretty much all skill levels. This could change depending on how many people Reach will attract.

They actually had a couple Ranked Reach modes in the MCC Insider Build. I think I ended up at Level 3 or 4 in Invasion or something.

Oct 17, 2018
The overall experience was actually pretty great, yeah. This was luckily just an outlier.

MCC Ranked is using the 1-50 system, but I don't think it's very good. Not because the system itself is bad, but because too few players are arround in certain playlists, so you end up playing against pretty much all skill levels. This could change depending on how many people Reach will attract.

They actually had a couple Ranked Reach modes in the MCC Insider Build. I think I ended up at Level 3 or 4 in Invasion or something.
My mate is 30ish on Halo 3 Hardcore and he apparently goes up against 50s a ton, so yeah, doesn't seem like it's well balanced

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
if i were in charge (be glad im not)
I'd call it HAC
Halo Arena Championship
Art would revolve around the legendary theme.
i think it would be cool if the trophy was the legendary skull all detailed out! lol

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah I should not have an opinion on it. I don't even watch sports so my comment is just unwarrante. Sorry for being a troll guys, I didn't mean it and realize I was just bitching for no reason :(

OP
OP
Poodlestrike

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I should not have an opinion on it. I don't even watch sports so my comment is just unwarrante. Sorry for being a troll guys, I didn't mean it and realize I was just bitching for no reason :(
Nahhhh have whatever opinion you want, man.

...well.

Read the TOS and stuff, but other than that go nuts, lmao

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I forgot what the HCS logo was, and it strikes me as pretty bland now that I looked it up again. Very "hey, we're a real sport you guuuuyzzz."

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ
DONT FUCK UP THE MICRO TRANSACTIONS

I know nowadays game companies hire economist and financial advisor people, but somehow, someway, they always still launch a complete disaster.

If the exact Halo 5 req system came out again in 2020 it would be fine, but because of ("free users" on gamepass) there might be more of a push to squeeze dollars out of players, I'm just really hoping that whatever battlepass or whatever the hell they have is fair, cause the future sucks and it's hard to have faith any game will get this shit right

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017

I know nowadays game companies hire economist and financial advisor people, but somehow, someway, they always still launch a complete disaster.

If the exact Halo 5 req system came out again in 2020 it would be fine, but because of ("free users" on gamepass) there might be more of a push to squeeze dollars out of players, I'm just really hoping that whatever battlepass or whatever the hell they have is fair, cause the future sucks and it's hard to have faith any game will get this shit right
The financial advisors tell them that whales generate more money and so they price things according to them. It's not "fucking it up" so much as recognizing that there's a large group of people who will still play despite shitty mtx and alienating those players means nothing in the long term.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
i feel like 343 has been pretty good about this in the past and i expect them to be very mindful of their approach with infinite. i dont think i feel this way out of blind optimism for halo, but rather that 343 seems to be looking to rebuild relationships with their fan base and build good will. i expect MTX will be cosmetic only and probably not RNG based (for the most part?)

Akai

Oct 25, 2017

I think the system will be much better, because we know that we won't get monetized lootboxes in Infinite, meaning you will know what you are going to buy.

That being said, I'll still not buy any form of MTX content, no matter what game it is. But thanks to whoever buys them and makes DLC content possible.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017

After seeing what happened in Gears 5, I agree...

Status
Not open for further replies.