• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
After seeing what happened in Gears 5, I agree...

this is sort of where my concerns come from

The financial advisors tell them that whales generate more money and so they price things according to them. It's not "fucking it up" so much as recognizing that there's a large group of people who will still play despite shitty mtx and alienating those players means nothing in the long term.
... well, damn, youre probably right

I think the system will be much better, because we know that we won't get monetized lootboxes in Infinite, meaning you will know what you are going to buy.

interesting, so if that remains true, then REQ packs cannot exist, and I will say that kinda sucks because the in-game earn rate vs reward of REQ packs is really really good imo, I'm afraid if everything is piece meal then you will see $18 dollar singular armor sets and $7 weapon skins.

Its crazy to me how "MICRO"-transactions really have disappeared, I wouldnt mind in the slightest bit if guns and armor were 1-2 bucks, maybe even a bundle is 5 or something, but Fortnite absolutely blew the doors off that ideology and now every other game is just on par with it, nobody seemingly willing to undercut that because the price has been set.

Its kinda like contracts in sports, well if (PLAYER A) gets that contract, and (PLAYER B) is a near performance equivalent, then (PLAYER B) should also get that contract!

taking out of consideration that, (PLAYER A) contract was insane!

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
I was perfectly fine with H5 Req packs because I unlocked everything within a few months just by playing.

I should be able to do the same in Infinite.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
So it turns out that I was actually invited to the Reach flight.

My phone just didn't deem it important enough to give me a notification about the email...

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Hope they PC flight is soon so I can start complaining about bloom and armor abilities again.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I was perfectly fine with H5 Req packs because I unlocked everything within a few months just by playing.

I should be able to do the same in Infinite.

Unlocking rate was fine, but I didn't like the randomness about them. Way too many items that you have to go through, before you get something that you actually care about. I think that aspect should be improved and it sounded like it will, with them hinting at a Reach-like unlocking system.

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017
Unlocking rate was fine, but I didn't like the randomness about them. Way too many items that you have to go through, before you get something that you actually care about. I think that aspect should be improved and it sounded like it will, with them hinting at a Reach-like unlocking system.

Yeah, and on the capitalist side, it was always weird to me that they didn't create more curated packs to sell, especially early on. I would have bought that Warzone essentials extended mag pistol pack real quick, and I would have bought daedalius an H2 BR years ago, just so he'd stop complaining.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
Never forget:
dims

reach+beta+screen+shot.jpg

leaked+multiplayer+reach+shot.jpg

Oct 26, 2017
So it turns out that I was actually invited to the Reach flight.

My phone just didn't deem it important enough to give me a notification about the email...

Oh man that blows. My girlfriend actually mentioned something to me Friday night which reminded me to check.

They even said less people responded than they expected. And of those even less actually got online so they sent out the new wave.

Oct 17, 2018
With the new Lead Producer already leaving 343, I have a feeling that Infinite is kinda in dev hell. It feels like Microsoft maybe pushed 343 to release it alongside Scarlet even if it was nowhere near completion yet.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
personally I dont think Halo Infinite is in dev hell, whatever came before it probably was though.

they wouldnt have gone this long between releases and changed engines if the immediate sequel to Halo 5 went right.

I think the tea leaves say (Halo 6) wasnt working and they pivoted away from that and started this whole Infinite project as a reset button

edit:

me and a buddy hopped around some custom lobbies yesterday, man there are some terrible game modes out there lol
but its still fun to jump in and mess around, also, Smashketball makes me so happy, have I ever mentioned you can swat away shot attempts and theres a working scoreboard? man, whoever made that must be pretty cool and smart and handsome

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2018
God... going back and reading the old HaloGAF thread when the barn footage for Halo 4 was originally released is so funny. It's the point where so many people just suddenly realised how shit the game was going to be. I miss the speeds that old HaloGAF threads used to progress. These days they pretty much go at a crawl in comparison.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
I'm not surprised. There are plenty of Hali9fans ok with sexual assault if Twitter is to be believed
I mean, shitstains like The Act Man, HiddenXperia, and GameCheat are seen as venerable community voices, so it shouldn't be surprising at all.

That said, to pivot to more positive community stuff, finally played SPV3, and while I'm still skeptical of it, I do like that the DMR has a legitimate niche in the sandbox instead of being a replacement/alternative to the BR.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Ive complained about this many times, but it never ceases to frustrate me

E V E R Y S I N G L E T I M E

I host a custom game, when the game ends, my Halo 5 completely locks up and my only option is to force quit the game
By that time the randos that all joined my lobby have disbanded and I go through the whole process again of starting an empty game lobby and it filling up

its really the thing that made me stop forging more than anything, it doesnt matter how fun my game modes are, because I can never enjoy playing and sharing them online

edit: I also thought it would be fun to make a supercut of all my forge maps for a little video, upload studio sucks ass and I suck ass at taking video clips :/

edit2: I love how funky the animations look from really far away
I never art'd up this football map, but by golly it is fun, and fitting on a sunday night

Last edited:

AustinFordGames

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
It's absolutely bonkers to me that it's been 4 years since Halo 5 came out. Infinite is still a year out and it's been probably a year since I played any Halo. I'm someone who always considered myself a diehard fan of the franchise - I still buy every book, read every comic, and consume every little piece of content that is put out, but I don't touch the game anymore. So weird.

Anyway, my hype for Infinite is sitting around 10/10 LETS GOOOO

EDIT: Who wants to bet we see a true gameplay reveal at the Scarlet reveal event in February/March 2020? Assuming they follow the same cadence as last gen, that is. If they do, I'd expect a beta in the summer on Xbox One and PC, then the full launch in the fall with Scarlet itself.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
It's absolutely bonkers to me that it's been 4 years since Halo 5 came out. Infinite is still a year out and it's been probably a year since I played any Halo. I'm someone who always considered myself a diehard fan of the franchise - I still buy every book, read every comic, and consume every little piece of content that is put out, but I don't touch the game anymore. So weird.

Anyway, my hype for Infinite is sitting around 10/10 LETS GOOOO

EDIT: Who wants to bet we see a true gameplay reveal at the Scarlet reveal event in February/March 2020? Assuming they follow the same cadence as last gen, that is. If they do, I'd expect a beta in the summer on Xbox One and PC, then the full launch in the fall with Scarlet itself.

Aren't they having another XO event?
What else can they show off there besides Scarlett info? Maybe that's just me being optimistic though as the last event was a bit underwhelming.

AustinFordGames

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Aren't they having another XO event?
What else can they show off there besides Scarlett info? Maybe that's just me being optimistic though as the last event was a bit underwhelming.
Well, I expect an E3 style small snippet of a campaign mission and some multiplayer hype trailer to get people excited about the Beta. But again, this won't be until Feb/March at the earliest.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
I used to think MP beta reveal at XO and Beta near Christmas, I have no reason to not believe that, I also have no reason to believe it.

But like, real real small beta, 4v4 only on like 2 maps max.

But then my friend was like, yeah but MS marketing might want to keep Infinite as it's scarlet showpiece and you don't want people playing it on a crusty OG Xbox a year out and thinking (that's the game), and he might be right too, idk.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
I used to think MP beta reveal at XO and Beta near Christmas, I have no reason to not believe that, I also have no reason to believe it.

But like, real real small beta, 4v4 only on like 2 maps max.

But then my friend was like, yeah but MS marketing might want to keep Infinite as it's scarlet showpiece and you don't want people playing it on a crusty OG Xbox a year out and thinking (that's the game), and he might be right too, idk.
Yeah, it could go either way and I just think that's annoying.

343 has said they plan to have a real beta for every Halo game and they even said they want to flight Infinite. November/December would be around the same time H5 mp was shown and had a beta. So I've been expecting something to be announced or shown at XO19.

But the game is a year out with 4ish years of development and we barely know anything about it. There is a good amount of mystery and hype around the game despite recent threads lol. I could also see them withhold info until the proper Scarlett reveal which could boost the excitement for both the game and the console.

I would prefer to have the beta as soon as possible so they can have enough time to listen to the feedback. I wish we could know when to expect gameplay at least. I hate how secretive the game industry is sometimes.

Oct 17, 2018
I don't see how we'd see an Infinite beta/flight any time before next year since we've literally heard nada about it so far. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have it until after the next E3.

Last edited:

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how we'd see an Infinite beta/flight any time before next year since we've literally heard nada about it so far. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have it until after the next E3.

That is way too late.

Historically Halo public Beta tests happen months in advanced of the game's release, both Halo 3 and Reach had their tests in the spring of both years and the Halo 5 Beta started in December 2014, almost a full year before the game's release. 343 have also stated that they are wanting to flights well advance for Halo Infinite so they can gather feedback and make necessary changes due to said feedback. A public test after E3 will not give them enough time to implement alot of changes.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Infinite is cool and all, but being able to play MCC on PC is what I want. A large player base, better controls, modding, and all the frames.

Just gimma!

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Halo 5 beta was better than the game at retail launch. I'm really itching to see actual gameplay of Infinite campaign and multiplayer. I'd like to see 343 out in front schedule wise for a change, it's not happening so far with MCC PC or Infinite though.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, and on the capitalist side, it was always weird to me that they didn't create more curated packs to sell, especially early on. I would have bought that Warzone essentials extended mag pistol pack real quick, and I would have bought daedalius an H2 BR years ago, just so he'd stop complaining.

I remember the wails of people who didn't get the DMR until late. I think I was SR80 something myself. (But i had the tac mag and H2BR so I didn't care.)

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
I really dont care for this kinda stuff, but I was pandering and added a buncha "crowd" figures and rotating billboards to my dumb stupid football arena,

I mean the billboards rotate every 30 seconds (there are 12 total) and the scoreboard is actual accurate and updates to the ingame score which I like

Did I sell out too hard or do people actually want that kinda stuff?

edit: i fully admit to hosting custom games and purposefully playing poorly or switching teams to keep them equal

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I really dont care for this kinda stuff, but I was pandering and added a buncha "crowd" figures and rotating billboards to my dumb stupid football arena,

I mean the billboards rotate every 30 seconds (there are 12 total) and the scoreboard is actual accurate and updates to the ingame score which I like

edit: i fully admit to hosting custom games and purposefully playing poorly or switching teams to keep them equal

Looks cool. I'll wanna check that out when I'm back home.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017

I think this is awesome work. Yeah I guess it is pander-y, but the craftsmanship is undeniable.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Looks cool. I'll wanna check that out when I'm back home.
I think this is awesome work. Yeah I guess it is pander-y, but the craftsmanship is undeniable.

much appreciated yall

Yeah after playing on it a bunch I came around to liking it more, I've just seen so so many poor uses of the grunts and pigs, etc that I didn't want to bring down my aesthetic with their inclusion, but having it in the periphery while playing is nice. It's crazy how many objects it takes versus what you get for it, there are 512 crowd members and it still is pretty sparse imo. I just didn't want it to look cheap

Last edited:

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
so in honor of blocktober, and because I like to reminisce, heres a bunch more of my unused ideas

I LOVE this High Ground I made, I was able to capture every wall, terrain detail and angle, while only using like 150 objects.
If I could hand that off to some amazing forge artist they could absolutely go bananas

this is the future I want but no one else does

I love this map idea, the pistons actuate in the middle to provide some occasional base-to-base cross map shooting ability

I think I was trying to figure out how big these two maps were in comparison to each other?

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
These would have been used in unison with the other desert BR map features, I built all these by hand and I absolutely love them, I wont lie they are really good
Im not sure if the scale is easy to determine here, but these are all really big btw
(and youd have to be a hardcore forger to appreciate how effecient and clean I was able to make these, super low piece count, almost no overlapping pieces)

This perhaps is my favorite thing I never finished, god I love this map so much

edit: heres a quick runaround of (BoardwalklawdraoB ?)

the end to end map length is longer than probably any map in the game? (fact check wyvern sandtrap remake [ fake edit: sandtrap = 1080 units, BWalk² = 1140])
combined with the object density, it drops frames in the very very back of map looking across, but I love the flow of the map when its interconnected like this, maybe Ill bust this out in Infinite

Last edited:

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap man, that's some good work!

thanks nok! Just out here doing my thing!

If the scripting gods hadnt let me down with my Hot Drops gamemode, Sandvalanche was gunna happen, I just love that map too much to not see it all the time

if I may just share one more thing with yall, I know many (any?) of yall didnt play it, but there are few forge structures that make me as happy as my highlands bases

I love how clean they ended up, I got so lucky they had the perfect size triangles to make the center cynlinders work.

Status
Not open for further replies.