• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Someone already did a piece-for-piece sandy swap of our map. I avoided doing it because the Avalanche remake on Halo Online was already a sandy remake.

oh yeah, I just meant as a component of the larger Hot Drop map, I had to strip out some detail but I was surprised how economic it could be while still feeling appropriate

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

What is the arrow pointing to? lol

aid155447-v4-728px-Play-Halo-Well-Step-4.jpg.webp

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Forgers will never cease to amaze me with their creativity. A general thank you to all Forgers out there delivering incredible maps. Screw the haters.

Just please try to avoid skyboxes with lens flare. Thank you. :P

NOKYARD

Oct 25, 2017
Forgers will never cease to amaze me with their creativity. A general thank you to all Forgers out there delivering incredible maps. Screw the haters.

Just please try to avoid skyboxes with lens flare. Thank you. :P
The most negative feedback i ever received from players was after changing Deadlock's skybox away from the horrible lens flair canvas where you couldn't see into Blue Base. I have no idea why some liked being blinded while playing.

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017
The most negative feedback i ever received from players was after changing Deadlock's skybox away from the horrible lens flair canvas where you couldn't see into Blue Base. I have no idea why some liked being blinded while playing.

Oh god, I remember that. Dispelled had that problem, too. No offense, but how did that get past play testing in the first place? Was it just unavoidable on the canvas?

Akai

Oct 25, 2017

That's kinda weird. Maybe the person just liked the skybox? If it wasn't for the lens flare, it could have been my favorite skybox.

Oh god, I remember that. Dispelled had that problem, too. No offense, but how did that get past play testing in the first place? Was it just unavoidable on the canvas?

I wished MP modes would chill with visual effects like these.

Nobody is playing MP to look at "pretty effects" and amazing visuals on maps. That's something that you check out like once in Custom Games and never again.

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
343i could pay homage to Bungie and have it so the Banshee Bomb wipes the hard drive of the person using it.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Look at how optimistic we are that Infinite will even have banshees or lage scale maps. I'm afraid 8v8 has been scrapped in favor of infinity breakout. Ordinance ready!

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Can we expect the Infinite servers to even work the first week or so at launch?

- Day 1 game pass on Xbox One, Scarlet, and PC
- Play Anywhere
- Ninja and now shroud (and who knows who else by the time Infinite releases) being paid millions to steam Infinite exclusively on Mixer at launch

This is either going to be the greatest and most hype launch ever to a catastrophic dud depending on how they hold up.

Oct 25, 2017

- Play Anywhere
- Ninja and now shroud (and who knows who else by the time Infinite releases) being paid millions to steam Infinite exclusively on Mixer at launch

This is either going to be the greatest and most hype launch ever to a catastrophic dud depending on how they hold up.
I'm sure they know what they're doing. I can't remember the servers ever being really bad for a modern Halo launch.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017

- Play Anywhere

Doubt Azure servers will struggle. Gears 5 pulled 3 million players in its first week and had no issues. MS/Xbox and 343i will most likely have a couple extra servers ready, because this could actually be a pretty huge launch, especially because of what you said and Game Pass.

Flighting will also be a huge help with this.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
I was under the impression that the issues were pretty much only affecting the early access that came with the Ultimate Edition, which was fixed by the time that the game actually released for everyone else? Wasn't that the case?

I mean it's highly likely Infinite will have an early access as well, so the point stands, but yes the issues were during early access. I think there were a few lingering issues during actual launch but not to the same level.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
I'm excited and nervous at the same time when it comes to infinite.
So far the two teasers looked great. I hope the 3rd blows my socks off!

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
we got the tweet from a 343 employee implying flighting was coming still in 2019 and, iirc, 343 saying that they'd be silent on halo campaign till next e3. so hopefully i'm not setting myself up expecting x019 multiplayer news.

but i'd sure like some hints/teases to make me feel more comfortable.

Oct 25, 2017
we got the tweet from a 343 employee implying flighting was coming still in 2019 and, iirc, 343 saying that they'd be silent on halo campaign till next e3. so hopefully i'm not setting myself up expecting x019 multiplayer news.

but i'd sure like some hints/teases to make me feel more comfortable.

Where are my Catalog/Data Drop/Cortana Letter forum teases?

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Where are my Catalog/Data Drop/Cortana Letter forum teases?

i wouldnt even know stinkles still posted if i didnt lurk all the political threads in OT.

the silence on infinite is deafening. i dont think this is a bad sign, just how they are choosing to dole out info and generate hype. hopefully its not as restrained as the lead up to the gears 5 launch was (even though that turned out great in the end!). its funny, 343 seemed to have realized that open communication with their fan base was a good thing - just as 5 was dying - only to have forgotten about that in the lead up to infinite. eh, i'm just grumpy, i'm sure the flood gates will open "soon" as will communication.

Status
Not open for further replies.