• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
I'm gonna go with a yikes and wait and see.

If they change too much, why even tell a Halo story? I was thinking cannon or cannon adjacent. Not...alter huge details on the fly.
They haven't changed anything. Human insurrectionists lived, traded, and worked with Covenant on the Rubble in Cole Protocol. The Prophets were using them to find other human colonies. They don't just kill any human they see in every instance even at the height of the Human-Covenant war. They started building depth and motivation into the Covenant with the first books and the second game in the franchise, so comparing them to Skynet doesn't make a lot of sense.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda confused as to why everyone is writing off the TV series as non-canon just due to the human raised by covenant. There are a multitude of logical and canon friendly explanations for such a character so its kinda weird people are getting so hung up on that and using that as a reason to say the show isn't canon.

SlightlyLive

QA
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Northern Ireland
I'm kinda confused as to why everyone is writing off the TV series as non-canon just due to the human raised by covenant. There are a multitude of logical and canon friendly explanations for such a character so its kinda weird people are getting so hung up on that and using that as a reason to say the show isn't canon.
It doesn't matter if the tv show fits into existing canon. I hope it deviates more if the folks behind it feel it benefits their work.

And I care very much about Halo's lore but I think some folks out there treat the lore like a golden cow - sacred and absolute.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't matter if the tv show fits into existing canon. I hope it deviates more if the folks behind it feel it benefits their work.

And I care very much about Halo's lore but I think some folks out there treat the lore like a golden cow - sacred and absolute.
I'd agree (which is why I thought it was a bummer the show follows Chief and friends) too many restrictions in that case.

And this is the fanbase that freaked out over visual changes between the games.

Oct 26, 2017
I'd agree (which is why I thought it was a bummer the show follows Chief and friends) too many restrictions in that case.

And this is the fanbase that freaked out over visual changes between the games.

Man I forgot all about that. I was so hyped for 4 after Reach. It felt like no one liked the visual changes going into it. I never minded it, the new designs weren't bad to me.

Oct 25, 2017
GREAT Article went up on The Ringer about Halo 2's impact. Covers Ilovebees, the dawn of esports, RedvsBlue, and the messy chaotic brew that was Microsoft scrambling for dominance in a Japanese developer-led industry. Features quotes from Era's own Stinkles Could be worth an OP in gaming side.

https://www.theringer.com/2019/11/1...shooter-xbox-master-chief-history-i-love-bees
Nice find.

if they'd just said straight off they're doing an MCU-style adaptation I think a lot more people would be happy. I'd love everything to remain canon but I'm also down for a remix.

Last edited:

jem

Oct 25, 2017
People keep forgetting that the E3 trailer had a bit of code saying:

Could be a coincidence but that looks very much like a date to me.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Hey I actually had that twitch rivals thing on second screen yesterday (death strandinggggg)

The first 30 minutes was pretty hard to get through, the hosts vest was appalling and it didnt really seem like he knew anything about Halo except buzzwords from a teleprompter.

But I fucking love Walshy (I kinda wish he became bravo instead of bravo sometimes) and Barvo, and they had to fill alot of air but they did a good job, and ofcourse in classic Halo tournament style, it came down to a decisive game 5 in Grand final, man Halo is so good.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Makes too much sense, it won't be a X019 but Reach will be. Reach /should/ be out my TGAs to build up since hype and if they REALLY want flights to mean anything they will need to test before E3, leaving TGAs a perfect place to announce it
now that i think about it - they had a similar type of announcement with Halo 5 content update at VGA right? Buuut they said to tune into the VGA for a H5 announcement if i remember correctly.

AustinFordGames

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
infinite is a E3 reveal. Theres 0 chance of it before if you ask me. Zero.
This is not going to happen lol

MS needs to sell their next Xbox, so it'll be present at the full reveal event in the spring, guaranteed.

Makes too much sense, it won't be a X019 but Reach will be. Reach /should/ be out my TGAs to build up since hype and if they REALLY want flights to mean anything they will need to test before E3, leaving TGAs a perfect place to announce it

fuck, I didn't even think about TGAs. With all the Halo Reach hype in the air, it would be interesting for them to do it the same way they did it back in 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.