• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
for sure, I think both would show very well.

TGA is not opposed to gamerific marketing arrangements so I could see some dorito pope magic and maybe that hypertrooper commercial comes to reality too
Skyrim was announced at TGA and it's one of the highest selling games of all time.

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
I'm mostly just interested in when the rest of the series is dropping on PC. Also I'm curious if achievements will work the same way they do for Destiny 2. Will I unlock like 350 of them when I open MCC on PC?

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Less than a month and we'll have halo on pc again.

tenor.gif

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm mostly just interested in when the rest of the series is dropping on PC. Also I'm curious if achievements will work the same way they do for Destiny 2. Will I unlock like 350 of them when I open MCC on PC?

I will this to happen, just a solid notification stream on your dashboard for like an hour straight. achievement unlocked...achievement unlocked...achieve.....

Akai

Oct 25, 2017

Yes, because the achievements are XBL account based and shared between all platforms:

graphic_crossplay-27d0cb20620e40af8e9f4fdfc76a1782.png

I'll disable achievement notifications for sure, because I don't want to sit through 600 achievement pop-ups.

Reach should be easy to speed run at least. Some stuff like skipping the PoA fight before the gun are trickier but that game on Legendary isn't as brutal for speed running purposes.

Reach at least could be blitzed co-op. I still have stupid H2 under 3 hours to do as the last achievement in the game currently. I just can't motivate myself to struggle through. The two worst Halo campaigns on Legendary.

Love learning speedruns, but LASO... not so much. I attempted a couple of them and then LASO checkpoint sharing was thankfully discovered. Now that the games will be on PC, people will just use trainers, if they actually want to earn those achievements.

Regarding your Halo 2 speedrun. Is Sword flying/cancelling not an option for you? A little tricky to do, I know, but some of the time saves seem very well worth it to get extra time for levels like Gravemind.

nillapuddin has a map in Matchmaking

In which game and what is the map?

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017

dreamhack atlanta starts today, anyone watching? not sure i care much about h3, but i'm interested in the h5 2v2, its a shame that saiyan and trippey aren't playing - was curious to see if they'd win again
I might check it out. Snipedown and Ola are playing again, so that's at least one more interesting team to watch. It's crazy to me that they're still so good they can show up at the last tournament with no practice and come in second.

TheAndyMan

Banned
Feb 11, 2019
Utah
I think it's great that Halo Reach(and the other Halos are coming to Steam).
Reach was the last Halo I owned when I had my 360.
Now, years later, I just have my pc. And I see that Reach is coming to Steam on December 3rd.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why 343i are initially dragging their feet on crossplay. I realize they said they're working on it on the back end, but it's obvious the community would want campaign and co-op crossplay from the beginning. As for console-PC I think that would work best with input based crossplay like Modern Warfare does it.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why 343i are initially dragging their feet on crossplay. I realize they said they're working on it on the back end, but it's obvious the community would want campaign and co-op crossplay from the beginning. As for console-PC I think that would work best with input based crossplay like Modern Warfare does it.
As long as they let Xbox players use keyboard and mouse I'm happy.

I really want to play Halo with a mouse again.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
I'm that weird who prefers controllers. Have since Halo. Don't care if a mouse is more precise, I vastly prefer shooters with a controller. Let me my mouse for the RTS games.
Controllers are vastly advantageous as of right now with the sticky aim + aim assist.

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017
Doubt controllers are better for Snipers though. Snipers on Eldewrito were dumb as fuck since you could literally no scope across the map pretty easily and consistently.

In PC Reach, yes for the most part. In my experience long range scoped-in is a little tricky with the mouse(no magnetism maybe?), but no-scopes are trivial and you can do them reliably from super far.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
nillapuddin has a map in Matchmaking

(voices rise together from the crowd)
"speech, speech, speech!"

Okay okay, first of all I want to give a huge huge huge thanks to NOKYARD, my partner in crime and beyond a shadow of a doubt my best halo 3 remake co-forging Canadian friend of all time. I had so much fun working on that map and the fact that it came out so awesome has to be a side effect. Hes an awesome dude and really really good at forge. Secondly to some random person whose name I think is AzzaBoy97, the one and only viewer we ever had lol. Over 60+ streams and way too many hours and I think he was there for all of it.

I really am super happy and grateful that Nokalanche got in, and it being my first ever map in matchmaking is awesome. I have almost had maps in matchmaking for 10 years so at this point I didnt think it would ever happen lol. #FreeSmashketball

Shoutout to all the awesome remake forgers I worked with over the years to help get their maps into matchmaking, I finally got one too!

... because I sucker-fished my way into a project with nok, but it still counts.

SlightlyLive

QA
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Northern Ireland

Okay okay, first of all I want to give a huge huge huge thanks to NOKYARD, my partner in crime and beyond a shadow of a doubt my best halo 3 remake co-forging Canadian friend of all time. I had so much fun working on that map and the fact that it came out so awesome has to be a side effect. Hes an awesome dude and really really good at forge. Secondly to some random person whose name I think is AzzaBoy97, the one and only viewer we ever had lol. Over 60+ streams and way too many hours and I think he was there for all of it.

I really am super happy and grateful that Nokalanche got in, and it being my first ever map in matchmaking is awesome. I have almost had maps in matchmaking for 10 years so at this point I didnt think it would ever happen lol. #FreeSmashketball

Shoutout to all the awesome remake forgers I worked with over the years to help get their maps into matchmaking, I finally got one too!

... because I sucker-fished my way into a project with nok, but it still counts.

Sincere congrats dude, you certainly earned it!

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, so the most broken thing I've seen so far in the Reach flight is this one forge Invasion map. It's based on the Paradiso island, and elites spawn on offense on these little platforms out in the water in the first stage. In front of these platforms are a hill with a couple needle rifles on them for the on-map precision weapons for that side. Well... if spartans push to that hill and get those needle rifles, the spawn platforms are far enough out that the elites are just totally fucked. Really really fucked.

Yay! Congrats!

NOKYARD

Oct 25, 2017

PLAYING ON IT RIGHT NOW!!!

Congrats man, you earned it.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
Is Solitary not loading for anyone else? 3/3 times I got it I was kicked to lobby saying connection interrupted.

Edit: 4/4 just checked and the map isn't a custom game option must not be an actual part of the download but is in mm for some reason.

Last edited:

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Congrats, it's about damn time these scrubs grace matchmaking with your talent.

In fact, I'm actually kinda mad it took this long.

NOKYARD

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats, it's about damn time these scrubs grace matchmaking with your talent.

In fact, I'm actually kinda mad it took this long.
My fault. When Bravo was in charge he asked me to prep it for the regular BTB playlist. I wanted it to ship with 1 Flag installed, which was nearly ready to deploy. We ran into issues which delayed 1 Flag, and by the time it was ready Bravo had been moved to another department. The next team to be put in charge (rightly) went back to task based playlist updates, rather than adding 1 map at a time.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
That Unreal Engine 4 video makes me excited to see multiplayer in the fidelity of the Slipspace engine. Not on a fraud map like Blood Gulch/Valhalla mind you, but a real map like Avalanche/Sidewinder.

If you had to pick 4 classic maps for launch of Halo Infinite what would they be? I'd go with:

BTB:
Avalanche
Longshore

4v4:
Narrows
Damnation

Rosen

Oct 25, 2017

Both of you made a contribution you should be proud of. Especially for map making itself.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Can someone tell me why Halo is like the only streams that have an insane amount of technical difficulties?

Every fucking tournament it's the same shit over and over and over again.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
Can someone tell me why Halo is like the only streams that have an insane amount of technical difficulties?

Every fucking tournament it's the same shit over and over and over again.
I think the networking problems come from the fact that MCC and H5 don't actually have true LAN support. Hopefully this is fixed in Infinite.

Status
Not open for further replies.