• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BOT Zé

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I need to reinstall Halo 5 to try the new playlist.
I already miss it actually, even though every time I play I get connected to the US servers while in Europe :|

Vespa

Oct 26, 2017
I've been experiencing those freezes for a long time now, my friends who I play with says he doesn't experience it on his og Xbox One. I'm on an Xbox One S. Seems it clears up after several games though so I've just put up with it.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I was slightly annoyed we were going to split the discussion between a community Halo thread and a game OT yet again but the game OT is mostly spam about audio issues so it's nice to have that relegated there while here it's just a high concentration of my shit posts.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
I was slightly annoyed we were going to split the discussion between a community Halo thread and a game OT yet again but the game OT is mostly spam about audio issues so it's nice to have that relegated there while here it's just a high concentration of my shit posts.

Yeah I'm happy we largely got to avoid all that.

Plus we won't have Rags scare away new people.

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I'm really discovering the game and the franchise so I started in normal. I might try it on legendary next if I enjoy the game throughout. But I'm enjoying it as it is.

Thanks for the heads up about the story. I'm at the point that I don't even know what a Covenant is... and it's obvious that I should. But anyway, I'll see what I understand in this story.

Can't wait to discover who the hell this Master Chief is all about in this world!

Actually, Halo 1 doesn't explain what the Covenant is either. It literally starts almost immediately after Reach, so there's not much more time for backstory. There's not much you need to know though, at a basic level, it's just imagine if we first met aliens and they were a cross-species religious "Covenant" hell-bent on our destruction, completely unfriendly. Reach is just a pinnacle point of the war. Then stuff happens with Halos and things get a bit more complicated.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really discovering the game and the franchise so I started in normal. I might try it on legendary next if I enjoy the game throughout. But I'm enjoying it as it is.

Thanks for the heads up about the story. I'm at the point that I don't even know what a Covenant is... and it's obvious that I should. But anyway, I'll see what I understand in this story.

Can't wait to discover who the hell this Master Chief is all about in this world!

covenant are aleins

if ur a pretty cool guy and doesn't afraid of anything you'll shot them

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
How would you all feel if Halo Infinite's baseline was classic but they incorporated the thruster and maybe a jump pack as equipment pick ups?

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I might as well just be playing solo.

208CDEDB6AA69ED43C77FC4DB80E59691DA1A8F1

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
How would you all feel if Halo Infinite's baseline was classic but they incorporated the thruster and maybe a jump pack as equipment pick ups?
I was just thinking about this being what I'd personally go for. Forward thrust basically buys you the ol' H2 melee lunge and a little bit of an extra reach when making jumps, and jetpacks treated as vehicles on appropriate maps just makes sense. Should be big maps with verticality, vehicle counters, vulnerable jetpack spawns, plentiful weapon counters (snipers, sustained damage tracking weapons like sentinel beams or focus rifles, turrets), prominent jet contrails so the pack can be read from across the map, and lots of top-down sightline blockers to add risk to that elevation and give ample cover for those on the ground. Edit: And as a trade-off not being able to use your suit thrusters with the Jetpack equipped seems fair.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
So is mythic arena the first flight for Halo Infinite lol. If so, I'd be pretty happy.

Vespa

Oct 26, 2017
I was just thinking about this being what I'd personally go for. Forward thrust basically buys you the ol' H2 melee lunge and a little bit of an extra reach when making jumps, and jetpacks treated as vehicles on appropriate maps just makes sense. Should be big maps with verticality, vehicle counters, vulnerable jetpack spawns, plentiful weapon counters (snipers, sustained damage tracking weapons like sentinel beams or focus rifles, turrets), prominent jet contrails so the pack can be read from across the map, and lots of top-down sightline blockers to add risk to that elevation and give ample cover for those on the ground. Edit: And as a trade-off not being able to use your suit thrusters with the Jetpack equipped seems fair.

Yeah jetpacks only as a pick-up, no more loadouts ever again. Also keep it on big maps with other vehicles imo, designing mid and small maps around them just seem to break things. Keep the thruster as part of the stock move set, I'll be really sad to see that being removed more than any of the other H5 abilities and the mythic playlist shows it works well with a more traditional Halo style of play.

On a different note, one thing that annoys me about the lunge is how unpredictable and random it is, maybe it's more reliable offline but I'd like an icon or the reticule change when I'm within melee lunge range.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather see a double jump pickup than a jetpack.

On another note, the new progression system in MCC is really boring...

Edit: I think I'm done with Reach. Bloom sucks so bad.

Last edited:

The Henery

Nov 3, 2017
People arguing FOR the inclusion of jetpacks in a future Halo title... 343 surely wouldn't be so mad.

If we're talking something like that as a piece of equipment, the most I can extend to is a grav lift ala Halo 3 that has three uses. Jetpacks in Reach make a mockery of the maps and the game plays so much better when they're not an option.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
I just don't find jetpacks all that fun to use whereas I find double jumps quite satisfying.

I think you also get more utility with a double jump in firefights, it can be used as a dodge for example (like thrust). Also, I can imagine it'd be far easier to design maps around double jump than jetpack.

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I dunno why they hyped up this progression system as some cool thing, it's a straight downgrade from the original where you could at least save points toward what you wanted instead of getting everything completely linearly. I'd rather just be able to cutstomize freely like the other games in the MCC but I guess then everyone would be skull helmet thunderstorm or whatever.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just don't find jetpacks all that fun to use whereas I find double jumps quite satisfying.

I think you also get more utility with a double jump in firefights, it can be used as a dodge for example (like thrust). Also, I can imagine it'd be far easier to design maps around double jump than jetpack.
I meant that towards your comment on the progression system.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
I dunno why they hyped up this progression system as some cool thing, it's a straight downgrade from the original where you could at least save points toward what you wanted instead of getting everything completely linearly. I'd rather just be able to cutstomize freely like the other games in the MCC but I guess then everyone would be skull helmet thunderstorm or whatever.
That's my biggest gripe with it. Reach let you save up to unlock whatever you wanted. I truly don't think it's engaging to force me to unlock all these other pieces of armor before I get to the one thing that I want.

Like, I probably played 30 or so matches before it even got me to my first piece of shoulder pads. It'll be hours and hours more before I get to any chest pieces, much less the one single helmet I actually want to use. It's lame.

Oct 17, 2018
As long as I get an MLG/Hardcore playlist in Infinite where there is no sprint, no spartan abilities, no messages about power weapon spawns, no recoil, BR starts and no wall climbing, they can do whatever they want with the rest of the game.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
I was disappointed that Mk V was so far down in tiers but then I remembered that the Reach version of Mk V sucks.

Also I said jump pack people not jet pack, a jump packwould be a single burst in the air and not bring you as high as a jet pack.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
I
I was disappointed that Mk V was so far down in tiers but then I remembered that the Reach version of Mk V sucks.

Also I said jump pack people not jet pack, a jump packwould be a single burst in the air and not bring you as high as a jet pack.

I mean in that case I'd just treat the thruster as momentum based. Like if you jump and activate it, it gives you a burst upward.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
So is mythic arena the first flight for Halo Infinite lol. If so, I'd be pretty happy.

We can hope.

It's crazy how Ghost said these were the settings pro players wanted from Halo 5 at the start and they introduce them four years later. lol

I wonder how different the HCS and reception would have been if it was.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I get better quality games in social than I do in competitive. This shit is like every other game. I'm not even trying to be funny anymore. lol

CF997418197BE80158E944D653186A921329DA0F

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Why do ranked matches start 3v4? I'm not talking about someone quitting within the first few seconds, but it literally loads up with not enough players. This is basic stuff. If a rank match doesn't have enough players at the start, it should just end (like OW for example).

Why I'm on playing this?

giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Sigh, Reach Legendary remains the worst Legendary of the series, and I'm surprised how many bad or nonexistent checkpoints I'm getting.
We can hope.

It's crazy how Ghost said these were the settings pro players wanted from Halo 5 at the start and they introduce them four years later. lol

I wonder how different the HCS and reception would have been if it was.

343 taking years to turn the divisive launch game into an excellent one everyone likes seems like a recurring theme at this point :P

Will definitely be interested in jumping in, but I'm powering through Reach.

Anyone interested in being a Legendary speedrun co-op buddy? I'm on evenings EST. Having a second person would definitely speed some stuff up that I can't easily cheese.

Oct 30, 2017
Played a few matches of Reach today. Felt good. I ended up with pretty good stats at the end of the session. Felt like coming back home. Thanks to 343 and/or MS for making the mp free.

I also agree about the fact that the progression system would be better if I would be able to save points to unlock a specific piece of equipment but hey, I won't complain too much on free content. Matchmaking was very fast and, in social slayer, the matches were pretty equal so it was a lot of fun.

I think I'm going to play some more in the weeks to come. See you on the battlefield Spartans!

Last edited:

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reach Team Hardcore feels like a 24/7 Battle Canyon KOTH playlist. I'm having a blast, but I'd love more variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.