• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The map weighting in Reach Hardcore is so busted. I have played like 50 games and just got Pit for the first time.
Also please remove Penance.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
According to gaming side, Halo 3's movement speed is faster than 5's. Is this real life
No, y'see, it's true, and I have the one video everyone who agrees with me posts whenever the topic comes up.
Driving the warthog through the wheel on Last Resort and getting caught on it as it turns but the gunner and me are still in the hog firing away. Then somehow the warthog just ends up landing on the platform with the spartan laser on it and I hop on the turret gunning down the other team trying to come out of there own base, trying to comprehend how a warthog even got up there.

Only in Halo.
I'm pretty sure this exact scenario was a joke from RvB.

Gui

Oct 29, 2017
So are any of you guys partying up for Reach on the XBox One? I have a few days off and I'd like play a few matches

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Relative to one quarter of the respective Midship remake?

Relative to any 1:1 comparison you'd like to make that considers speed vs map scale.

The midship remake is the obvious choice for a frame of reference that shouldn't make the relationships immediately clear, but I suppose you can use any remake that is proportionally scaled to suit Halo 5s SAs.

H3s BMS is relatively very similar to H5s sprint speed.

Last edited:

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
wow it took me 6 months to realize the halo infinite trailer is actually 2 points of time spliced together

oof

jem

Oct 25, 2017
You know what, I actually think that Reach's art style is somewhat overrated.

It has some gorgeous sky boxes and the armour design is pretty awesome. However, the environmental art is all really quite bland. Colour wise it's all a lot of muddy browns and greys and the general environmental design is all fairly uninspired.

Halo 5's art style gets shit on a lot (partly deservedly, some of the armour in MP is atrocious), however, the environmental art in the campaign is just so good. I'd say 5 has the best looking environments in the series.

Oct 26, 2017

It has some gorgeous sky boxes and the armour design is pretty awesome. However, the environmental art is all really quite bland. Colour wise it's all a lot of muddy browns and greys and the general environmental design is all fairly uninspired.

Halo 5's art style gets shit on a lot (partly deservedly, some of the armour in MP is atrocious), however, the environmental art in the campaign is just so good. I'd say 5 has the best looking environments in the series.
Sanghelios and Genisis did look very nice in that game, bodes well for Infinite

Oct 25, 2017

I like a lot about Reach but yeah, the art direction to me is weak in a lot of respects. The fact that you never really fought in true urban environments with more flexibility also always struck me as weird—it's the most important planet besides Esrth but most of the time is spent in random rural areas. The only urban engagements are in skyscraper islands, or these narrow railings along buildings.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
Sanghelios and Genisis did look very nice in that game, bodes well for Infinite
Only if the rest of the art looks as good as Chief does in Infinite. Their UNSC and Covenant styles in H4 and H5 are awful.

I'm curious how they mesh the Promethean designs with a more classic approach to the art. They need to be way less busy to seemingly fit with what Infinite is going for.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Some bad textures, UNSC art style is trash and repeated too often.

Otherwise its not bad.

Oct 26, 2017
Only if the rest of the art looks as good as Chief does in Infinite. Their UNSC and Covenant styles in H4 and H5 are awful.

I'm curious how they mesh the Promethean designs with a more classic approach to the art. They need to be way less busy to seemingly fit with what Infinite is going for.
I just meant the environmental art, I'm worried about the rest of the designs

Also, hopefully 343i won't need to redesign the Prometheans because they'll be cut from the game completely and replaced with some Sentinal variants

xxx shiv xxx

Oct 26, 2017
Ohio
Is anyone having problems getting into multiplayer in Reach matchmaking? I get into a lobby, it finally connects and then loads the roster and instantly says game over. Then leaves the lobby and hangs on the loading screen. I haven't been able to play a match yet.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017

agreed on reach, its too muddled.

halo's art design absolutely peaked with 3 IMO. i love the "look" of that game. infinite's direction is looking even better though!

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I just want to play the Headlong remake (probably the best Reach 8v8 map) but hardly see it so I've stuck to FFA (despite the terrible AR/Pistol starts) and 4v4.

Halo 3 remains the Gold Standard for the series' BTB gameplay.

I like how you quote a Halo 2 BTB map and then go on about Halo 3 mate. For me I'll take Halo 2 clan BTB Objective over Halo 3 BTB all day. Waterworks, headlong, containment, coagulation, terminal and relic. Also I say yes to even zanzibar and burial mounds for BTB OBJ.

Halo 2 was the gold standard that Halo 3 just expanded upon. That's without even mentioning nuances like shooting the ghost or warthog fuel tanks from behind instead of weapons that just lock onto vehicles. Halo 3 was great for BTB but Halo 2 beats it for me.

Deathman

Oct 25, 2017
I like how you quote a Halo 2 BTB map and then go on about Halo 3 mate. For me I'll take Halo 2 clan BTB Objective over Halo 3 BTB all day. Waterworks, headlong, containment, coagulation, terminal and relic. Also I say yes to even zanzibar and burial mounds for BTB OBJ.

Halo 2 was the gold standard that Halo 3 just expanded upon. That's without even mentioning nuances like shooting the ghost or warthog fuel tanks from behind instead of weapons that just lock onto vehicles. Halo 3 was great for BTB but Halo 2 beats it for me.

This, Halo 2 was probably always will be my favourite multiplayer experience

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
just remember, the patented classic nilla promised with no evidence whatsoever secret christmas beta will be unveiled tonight

it wont

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
No Halo Infinite at the game awards.

f7b3f6b926cb31a17d4928d076febab4.svg

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly halo 2 and halo 3 btb are about even for me.

Neutty bomb on waterworks might be my favorite of all time though

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
what are we looking at there, both from a potential story tie in and as a glimpse of infinite?

looks like cg, a tiny snipet of something we'll see later on?

Status
Not open for further replies.