• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
GreenSkull put up a video of the reveal but labeled it Halo Infinite, got me all excited for a new trailer...

519.png

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So CE will be the PC port of the Console port of the PC port of the Console original?

CE and 2 on xbox one are the PC ports of the Xbox Original games... ported to Xbox One MCC.

For MCC PC I would hope they cut out one step and just make it the old PC ports brought into PC. Dunno which is easier in practice.

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Don't know how true that is, but people said that everything in the XSX trailer was rendered in real time, so it could actually be a snippet from Halo: Infinite, if that's the case. It doesn't really look like it was too demanding. About 7 seconds and a scenery that is kept pretty simple. Feels like they could have recorded this in no time, especially if they already had the assets ready.

Would be nice to get some clarification, though.

Oct 25, 2017
Flights are actually looking real good for early Jan, H1 is now encrypted rather than unused in the depots as well

https://steamdb.info/app/976730/depots/
I can't wait. I've spent some decent time playing on my buddies Xbox copy of MCC and playing CE online was an absolute blast.

Speaking of which, any word on a CE:A multiplayer playlist? All the maps are in Reach but there doesn't seem to be any way to turn on the CE:A weapon balancing in the custom games setting

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait. I've spent some decent time playing on my buddies Xbox copy of MCC and playing CE online was an absolute blast.

Speaking of which, any word on a CE:A multiplayer playlist? All the maps are in Reach but there doesn't seem to be any way to turn on the CE:A weapon balancing in the custom games setting
Asking for this too. So many of the CE maps are like actual trash with jetpacks and sprint.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Chief's armor looks darker there compared to the reveal and I actually liked the bright green it was bold, fashion forward. The only way it's better is if his helmet looked more like a Mk IV or V maybe even add ammo pouches.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Chief's armor looks darker there compared to the reveal and I actually liked the bright green it was bold, fashion forward. The only way it's better is if his helmet looked more like a Mk IV or V maybe even add ammo pouches.
Community needs to raise awareness for ammo pouches imo. Where the hell does he put those nades?!

NOKYARD

Oct 25, 2017
Ran into a strange glitch where the AI backwards voice audio SFX from a collectible Legendary Data Pad was stuck on a loop for the entire The Package chasm battle.

Adds an eerie dimension to this track in Halsey's Lab.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I can confirm Uncaged is in matchmaking and I can confirm it's still terrible. 343, what the fuck are you doing there's so many maps no iteration of the cage needs to be there.

NOKYARD

Oct 25, 2017
Suffering through The Cage is legacy meta. We had to suffer, now PC players have to suffer to catch up with us.

GOAT Reach Team Snipers map though and not seen it in that playlist. Played 8 man ffa on it, that was interesting lol.
Was everyone wearing a Jetpack and treating it like Dino Blasters by the end of the match like in the one i played.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I mainly play HC because I don't want to deal with bloom. However, between the audio issues and MM, it's a nightmare. All I play are sweaty ass groups. The entire team is +20 rank and my team has players 4 through 9 on it.

I'm too old for this shit.

EDKm8BOWwAAtgzF.png

Last edited:

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Hardcore on PC right now is especially brutal if you're high rank because all you will play is TO4 AM's or Pros who are all in Discord sweating it out.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Hmm let me just try some social instead. Oh, the game started 3v4. Oh, my teammate is somehow -2 in SWAT.

A52E4B58C5BD62548EE475183C9FACD87EB068C5

8ce32d10294839c4da6ac27a9ae77779.gif

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Grifball farming is a real thing? This community is too much at times. lol

I just want to play Halo brehs

Look at this gem, lol. The guy at the bottom went -18.

824EFFB56C0EB17B2AF772BF08B7840377C47105

447cf3323131140a50d6b69cf0b456d59a61daa4436d67c4015d5a9ce09ca6fa_1.gif

Last edited:

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
I'm planning a big local LAN with all my buddies for a throwback HALO night with MCC. It is possible to do offline LAN, but the xbox's be wireless right? Or do they have to connect via Ethernet?

I've got a pretty solid setup that would be able to handle everything wirelessly without a problem, but just want to confirm that's even an option.

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017
I can confirm Uncaged is in matchmaking and I can confirm it's still terrible. 343, what the fuck are you doing there's so many maps no iteration of the cage needs to be there.

Paradiso is also in matchmaking. I don't know who made these decisions, but safe to say, they are bad at making decisions.

The Henery

Nov 3, 2017
Was everyone wearing a Jetpack and treating it like Dino Blasters by the end of the match like in the one i played.

Yeeeep and sprint beat downs aplenty. Not that much surface area on the map for 8 players tbh.

-------------------------------------

Me during the loading screen for Anchor 9: "Man, this is literally the worst non btb map in the game. It has no redeemable features, it's hot stinky diaper tar"

Three other players before the game even starts: YEP

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
While I'm liking Reach so far, it's just making me more anxious for CE-3 to finally come to PC.
I was so disappointed when I finally got put into a game with it. Worst map in Reach - if not all of Halo, with Zealot at a close second. Neither map captures what was fun about Lockout/Guardian and Midship.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
All I get is Penace. Fuck Penace. Damnation was a bad map, so they brought it back for your eternal damnation.

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I'm planning a big local LAN with all my buddies for a throwback HALO night with MCC. It is possible to do offline LAN, but the xbox's be wireless right? Or do they have to connect via Ethernet?

I've got a pretty solid setup that would be able to handle everything wirelessly without a problem, but just want to confirm that's even an option.

I would test it out, I think I read wireless LAN isn't possible with an Xbox One or MCC. And probably won't be an issue with MCC but I've tried system linking 360 Halo games with an Xbox One and it complains about not being able to check your license or something if you haven't played it recently while online.

Also search YouTube for MCC System Link, there's some useful video with clear instructions about some IP assignment in the Xbox settings you need to do to get it to work as well. Just a lot of gotchas to trip over, I'd test it out first.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Swatnums...

tenor.gif

The amount of SWAT and Grifball games I get is ridiculous. I don't want to uncheck them because I do enjoy playing them occasionally, but it's like every game. It doesn't help that Grifball is just a bunch of farmers. I'm assuming players are just queing SWAT and Grifball because it's the fastest for xp. Speaking of which, can we get some dailies and weeklies? Thanks Stinkles!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.