• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Same here! First time I enjoyed an audio only narrative as much as that.

Yeah, Black Box was the name of the AI partner, I believe, but Akai prob remembers the story much more clearly. Don't remember what happened at the midnight station :<

I only listened through the series when it released, so I'm pretty sure that I also don't remember it much better than the next person. Turns out that I don't even remember Midnight Station correctly, because it's not "Station" but "Facility". And if you had asked me what the name of the AI was, I wouldn't have been able to answer it, either. Names are definitely not my strong suit. haha

Either way... Midnight Facility is a secret base ran by ONI, which also acts as prison for high value targets. Benjamin was being held there, which we learned when FERO visitted him. The voice acting in that entire encounter was done really well, especially when Benjamin learns about FERO's true identity. You could really hear the despair, pain, anger and etc. in Benjamin's voice. Part of the reason as to why I remember the scene. An other being the picture below:

800px-HtT-BloodyBen.jpg

I should really listen to both Seasons again. The supercuts have been in my bookmarks for quite some time now.

Oct 17, 2018
Reach has always been a trash tier Halo game and I'm so glad that it's not popular on PC atm. I don't know why but it's just so unsatisfying to play, probably because of how boring the DMR feels to use for me, and ofc the maps are extremely bad.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
I only listened through the series when it released, so I'm pretty sure that I also don't remember it much better than the next person. Turns out that I don't even remember Midnight Station correctly, because it's not "Station" but "Facility". And if you had asked me what the name of the AI was, I wouldn't have been able to answer it, either. Names are definitely not my strong suit. haha

Either way... Midnight Facility is a secret base ran by ONI, which also acts as prison for high value targets. Benjamin was being held there, which we learned when FERO visitted him. The voice acting in that entire encounter was done really well, especially when Benjamin learns about FERO's true identity. You could really hear the despair, pain, anger and etc. in Benjamin's voice. Part of the reason as to why I remember the scene. An other being the picture below:

800px-HtT-BloodyBen.jpg

I should really listen to both Seasons again. The supercuts have been in my bookmarks for quite some time now.
This jogged my memory .. didn't fero get turned into an ai at the end!? Like fucking oni ninjutsu'd all of them? Lol

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
I really hope we get some type of involvement with them. whether it be a side mission or whatever, i want it.

I wouldn't even mind Cortana taking a back seat in involvement and bringing in these AI (bosses in a way) as particular missions/goals, like how we needed to take care of the prophets in the original trilogy.

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017
That's not uneven starts, everyone gets the same selection of choices so no one person has any advantage over another.

Not by the common definition, even though we could get super pedantic about it. It's not even starts in the sense that generally not every player is starting with identical abilities. It affects skilled gameplay since you run into situations where skill is overridden by AA matches. Like, Player A wins a battle thanks to Ability Z rather than a skill gap, just as Player A loses a different battle to Player B's Ability Y. It also reduces your ability to predict other player's actions since they could or could not have the same capabilities as you do, and there's not a way to tell until they actually use their ability (unless it's jetpack, which is the only AA with an external cue). There's a reason MLG made armor abilities pickup only.

It's controllable in the sense that you can control for it. You don't need to be able to adjust your aim during a burst. Just aim slightly lower on the target before you pull the trigger.

It's really not that different to having to deal with projectile weapons. The only difference is that instead of aiming slightly ahead of the target you aim slightly lower. In fact it's easier to control for that projectile bullets because the only variable affecting how much lower you aim is distance.

I would rather not have to aim at someone's sternum for a head shot beyond a few meters. Like, maybe half the current recoil would feel fair enough.

The whole think is irksome since we had a better feeling BR years, and there are better feeling precision weapons already in the sandbox. I never had a problem with the release version, so this whole thing is just a severe downgrade in terms of my enjoyment of the weapon. I mean, it general it all comes down to feel, and I think the current H5 BR it feels more annoying than it needs to be.

I'd actually rather have to lead my shots slightly as long as there's no randomness (like H3, bleh), since then I'm in control of the point of aim.

Oct 17, 2018
For the 50th time I'm wondering why do the Spartan 2's have different accents if they were raised together from 5 years old? They should all have adopted the same accent...

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
For the 50th time I'm wondering why do the Spartan 2's have different accents if they were raised together from 5 years old? They should all have adopted the same accent...

Lol this is a funny observation

Speaking from personal experience of going from Spanish to English at around the age of 5, you can learn the new language without developing an accent. Hmm... I don't think Spartan training included a lot of enunciation practice apart from communicating effectively out in the field.

Spartan program trainees could have developed a unique accent, but it should be a universal accent across all of the children as they pick up and mimic cues from one another.

Maybe as adults they developed their accents? Working on different planets apart from each other would expose them to different dialects and accents

NOKYARD

Oct 25, 2017
You can assume they were trained in different languages, including their own native tongue, so they could deploy without requiring translators. Jorge speaks fluent Magyar in a cut scene.

NOKYARD

Oct 25, 2017
The Mythic group has already committed to building Mythic settings and maps in Infinite if it does not ship with them built in.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Not by the common definition, even though we could get super pedantic about it. It's not even starts in the sense that generally not every player is starting with identical abilities. It affects skilled gameplay since you run into situations where skill is overridden by AA matches. Like, Player A wins a battle thanks to Ability Z rather than a skill gap, just as Player A loses a different battle to Player B's Ability Y. It also reduces your ability to predict other player's actions since they could or could not have the same capabilities as you do, and there's not a way to tell until they actually use their ability (unless it's jetpack, which is the only AA with an external cue). There's a reason MLG made armor abilities pickup only.

I would rather not have to aim at someone's sternum for a head shot beyond a few meters. Like, maybe half the current recoil would feel fair enough.

The whole think is irksome since we had a better feeling BR years, and there are better feeling precision weapons already in the sandbox. I never had a problem with the release version, so this whole thing is just a severe downgrade in terms of my enjoyment of the weapon. I mean, it general it all comes down to feel, and I think the current H5 BR it feels more annoying than it needs to be.

I'd actually rather have to lead my shots slightly as long as there's no randomness (like H3, bleh), since then I'm in control of the point of aim.
Fair enough, by that definition they're not even starts.

I can't say I've ever seen "uneven starts" defined in that way though.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Blood Gulch Halo 1 is a god damn hilarious clusterfuck. I can't believe how bad the spawns are, but damn is it a riot.

Status
Not open for further replies.