• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Another good example would be the claim that it's really hard to dodge Promethean fire. It makes sense based on how Promethean weapons work in the player's hands but it turns out it's just not true.

I have to admit that final point was just an excuse to post this gif again...

Guarantee you thats on normal or heroic difficulty.

One of the more frustrating elements of Halo PvE Difficulty design is they change how weapons interact and behave as you go up in difficulty.

Elites will land every plasma bolt from a football field away on Legendary and will dodge 100% of all grenades thrown.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Guarantee you thats on normal or heroic difficulty.

One of the more frustrating elements of Halo PvE Difficulty design is they change how weapons interact and behave as you go up in difficulty.

Elites will land every plasma bolt from a football field away on Legendary and will dodge 100% of all grenades thrown.
Heroic iirc.

However I tested it on Legendary as well and I'm fairly sure there wasn't any more tracking - possibly just faster projectiles.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
One thing we ALL can agree on is that they remove CRAWLERS.

Oh really? I want to shoot robot dog splinter bugs? Most annoying fodder in h4/h5.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One thing we ALL can agree on is that they remove CRAWLERS.

Oh really? I want to shoot robot dog splinter bugs? Most annoying fodder in h4/h5.

They need to make enemy combatants more fun to fight in general.

Halo Reach Elites are still probably the most fun enemy combatant to fight against. The H4 and H5 covenant just didn't feel as good.

Prometheans on the other hand have CONSISTENTLY been terrible. They have massive feedback and crit hit registration issues. The teleporting is beyond annoying. The one good idea H5 had is to make the Knights more like hunters/mini bosses. I like that they have weakpoints. The flying guys (watchers?) being able to shield and ressurect was cool too. I think soldiers need more unit variety. But the important thing is the feedback to them taking damage needs to be better. Feels like you would hit them in the glowing bits to no avail. Keep the knight weakpoints but give more feedback as to how damaged they are. Maybe add more glow to the circles or shange the glow color.

Hoping the flood makes an appearance and are fun to fight.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
They need to make enemy combatants more fun to fight in general.

Halo Reach Elites are still probably the most fun enemy combatant to fight against. The H4 and H5 covenant just didn't feel as good.

Prometheans on the other hand have CONSISTENTLY been terrible. They have massive feedback and crit hit registration issues. The teleporting is beyond annoying. The one good idea H5 had is to make the Knights more like hunters/mini bosses. I like that they have weakpoints. The flying guys (watchers?) being able to shield and ressurect was cool too. I think soldiers need more unit variety. But the important thing is the feedback to them taking damage needs to be better. Feels like you would hit them in the glowing bits to no avail. Keep the knight weakpoints but give more feedback as to how damaged they are. Maybe add more glow to the circles or shange the glow color.

Hoping the flood makes an appearance and are fun to fight.
I agree.

smaller, tight grouped fights so really have the enemy Ai shine would be nice. Some fights vs the promethians felt like i just needed to kill 20 of them to get passed this section and wasn't fun at all.

I'd also like to have more weak-points in enemies too. maybe capping their knee with precise hits allows for a bigger hit to unsheild half of their headshot weakpoint. idk, but i want some strategy back! lol (like the hunter and their backside being the weakpoint, or plasma charge pistol to unshield elites, or sticky a grunt so he runs wild and kills other around him - fun but has a reason to its madness >=D)

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Create a new melee based Promethean weapon for the soldiers.

Soldiers with the melee weapons will now attempt to close in on the player, similar to a horror game. Get rid of the dogs, or at least fix their hitboxes

Soldiers are now fun threats

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Man i just want them to get freaky and niche with the weapons. No more analogues. Make a gun that fires a clothes line, forcing me to duck. Make a gun that forces me to jump to evade. Add a melee weapon that with an AOE just inside of thruster range so those near misses feel glorious. Gimme a weapon that aids with jumps and can knock enemies and weapons/powerups around and flip vehicles. Gimme a gun that fires a slow 1HK, that can be redirected with a perfectly timed melee. Gimme a teleportation grenade that will kill the user if it's destroyed before it's fuse is up.

Empower me and encourage me to face the action at all times rather than cutting and running.

Like just go apeshit and have the enemies combine these weapons and their behaviors in interesting ways on the battlefield. Like we already have all the normal stuff, and you can always fall back to that if certain weapons don't work out , but we don't need an AR, and a mini AR, and a Covey AR, and a promethean AR.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Man i just want them to get freaky and niche with the weapons. No more analogues. Make a gun that fires a clothes line, forcing me to duck. Make a gun that forces me to jump to evade. Add a melee weapon that with an AOE just inside of thruster range so those near misses feel glorious. Gimme a weapon that aids with jumps and can knock enemies and weapons/powerups around and flip vehicles. Gimme a gun that fires a slow 1HK, that can be redirected with a perfectly timed melee. Gimme a teleportation grenade that will kill the user if it's destroyed before it's fuse is up.

Empower me and encourage me to face the action at all times rather than cutting and running.

Like just go apeshit and have the enemies combine these weapons and their behaviors in interesting ways on the battlefield. Like we already have all the normal stuff, and you can always fall back to that if certain weapons don't work out , but we don't need an AR, and a mini AR, and a Covey AR, and a promethean AR.

Yeah, while I love the weird OP variants in Warzone (and finding them in the campaign) the sandbox could do with cutting down on stuff and looking for more novel options.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Would be fun in campaign and in wacky modes but the sandbox needs better refinement. Not wacky weapons no one will want to swap their pistol/BR for.

What they do need to do is give certain weapons better utility and uh... "perks" for lack of a better term.

Having and SMG and an AR in the same game is stupid. Make the SMG silenced and make it truly quiet with no radar blip and you got something there. Make the pistol be able to be drawn and reload extremely quickly. Make plasma weapons stun and strip shields well. The gravity hammer should have a substantial gravity effect. Like Halo 3's but bigger. I like the idea of running faster with the sword. Maybe even expand your FoV.

I like the idea of a grenade launcher to bounce ordnance off corners. I like the premise of that one plasma pistol that shoots black holes. Crowd control/area denial weapons would be interesting. Honestly at a loss for the promethean weapons other than I think they all should have alt fire modes as something intrinsic to promethean weapons since they can have cool animations where the weapon reforms into something else that fires differently. One idea is to ditch the supressor and the light rifle. Make them into one. You can fire automatic but when you zoom in or engage the alt fire it switches to a single shot that eats up more ammo per shot. It woudn't be as good as the AR up close or as good as the BR from mid range/precision, but when used in conjunction it could be very versatile. Strip shields and switch to alt fire for the headshot. I like the idea of ditching the DMR in favor of the Pre launch Halo 2 BR that fires burst unscoped and single fire scoped.

Make the weapons interesting.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Would be fun in campaign and in wacky modes but the sandbox needs better refinement. Not wacky weapons no one will want to swap their pistol/BR for.

What they do need to do is give certain weapons better utility and uh... "perks" for lack of a better term.

Having and SMG and an AR in the same game is stupid. Make the SMG silenced and make it truly quiet with no radar blip and you got something there. Make the pistol be able to be drawn and reload extremely quickly. Make plasma weapons stun and strip shields well. The gravity hammer should have a substantial gravity effect. Like Halo 3's but bigger. I like the idea of running faster with the sword. Maybe even expand your FoV.

I like the idea of a grenade launcher to bounce ordnance off corners. I like the premise of that one plasma pistol that shoots black holes. Crowd control/area denial weapons would be interesting. Honestly at a loss for the promethean weapons other than I think they all should have alt fire modes as something intrinsic to promethean weapons since they can have cool animations where the weapon reforms into something else that fires differently. One idea is to ditch the supressor and the light rifle. Make them into one. You can fire automatic but when you zoom in or engage the alt fire it switches to a single shot that eats up more ammo per shot. It woudn't be as good as the AR up close or as good as the BR from mid range/precision, but when used in conjunction it could be very versatile. Strip shields and switch to alt fire for the headshot. I like the idea of ditching the DMR in favor of the Pre launch Halo 2 BR that fires burst unscoped and single fire scoped.

I like the idea of a silenced SMG a lot. In general, too, I also agree that each and every weapon in Infinite should have a clear advantage and disadvantage while keeping use cases out of uncommon niche situations. There's a lot of weapons now that either feel redundant or like lesser versions of some other weapon

One other weapon I'd like to see redone is the beam rifle. The sniper rifle and the binary rifle feel pretty distinct from each other, but now the beam rifle feels redundant.

I was also thinking of what a potential Promethean melee weapon could look like and function like. I'd like to see something like a hardlight whip added as a weapon. Not sure how it'd fully function, but there's no mid-range melee weapon options (as silly as that initially sounds for a melee weapon). Something made of hardlight could be used to close the distance at mid-range and cause shield damage

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
i would also welcome some Stealth Sniping / assassination / infiltration missions. of course, as an option, but i would like that type of approach to some night time places. Only stealth by not being in the line of sight of enemies or in ray traced spotlights lol. ;)
so an option to have silenced weapons is cool. maybe the new radar will be sound activated? Catching SA and weapons firing?
oh and like others mentioned, remove grenade ticks.

I also hope the story line does not require a team with you at every missions. I will understand choosing a team meber for co-op, but i dont want that in my infinite journey. please.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i would also welcome some Stealth Sniping / assassination / infiltration missions. of course, as an option, but i would like that type of approach to some night time places. Only stealth by not being in the line of sight of enemies or in ray traced spotlights lol. ;)
so an option to have silenced weapons is cool. maybe the new radar will be sound activated? Catching SA and weapons firing?
oh and like others mentioned, remove grenade ticks.

I also hope the story line does not require a team with you at every missions. I will understand choosing a team meber for co-op, but i dont want that in my infinite journey. please.

They need to have coop scaling. More units, harder units in coop. Coop in Halo is sweet. One thing I miss from Halo 3 is a reason for trying coop.

Achievements and coop commendations/scores should 100% be tied to unlockable customizations. Beat infinite on LASO? You get a dope helmet/armor effect/something. Get this cool coop focused achievement? Here's that armor plate you have been eyeing.

I went through Halo Reach and Halo 3 campaigns to unlock cool stuff. I never bothered since tbh.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017

See I think the idea to making people consider picking up different weapons needs to extend beyond the damage they do, and needs to expand onto how they can effect the behavior of those playing with and against them.

I was just spit balling ideas, but I don't think they are wacky beyond utility. Actually, I'm thinking along the lines of adding utility and perks, not just being whacky.

In fact, Voids Tear was an inspiration for this post. While I think it was too OP to be a long term staple, the idea of an area denial weapon that players also used to access higher points on the map is right up that alley of interesting utility beyond the damage it does. A "clothesline" gun could be used to deny wide areas. A concussive weapon that can be used to help a player move around the map more efficiently could be worth it for racing to powerups, or knocking other guns away from opponents. A deflectible 1HK weapon would be desirable, but also provide an Avenue for skilled players to counter, adding depth. A weapon that can only be evaded by jumping would be good for flushing opponents out of cover.

So yeah, I too think its all about creating weapons that force an interesting decision when players are considering dropping their magnum/BR. I just don't think we'll ever get there if all of the weapons are analogous to weapons we already have.

Think outside the box on this also has the added benefits of allowing cpu enemy encounters to be diversified by what they are attacking with, rather than just their physical attributes and abilities. I think this is a main difference between why covenant encounters are treasured and prometheans have never been appreciated.

Last edited:

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
See I think the idea to making people consider picking up different weapons needs to extend beyond the damage they do, and needs to expand onto how they can effect the behavior of those playing with and against them.

I was just spit balling ideas, but I don't think they are wacky beyond utility. Actually, I'm thinking along the lines of adding utility and perks, not just being whacky.

In fact, Voids Tear was an inspiration for this post. While I think it was too OP to be a long term staple, the idea of an area denial weapon that players also used to access higher points on the map is right up that alley of interesting utility beyond the damage it does. A "clothesline" gun could be used to deny wide areas. A concussive weapon that can be used to help a player move around the map more efficiently could be worth it for racing to powerups, or knocking other guns away from opponents. A deflectible 1HK weapon would be desirable, but also provide an Avenue for skilled players to counter, adding depth. A weapon that can only be evaded by jumping would be good for flushing opponents out of cover.

So yeah, I too think its all about creating weapons that force an interesting decision when players are considering dropping their magnum/BR. I just don't think we'll ever get there if all of the weapons are analogous to weapons we already have.

Think outside the box on this also has the added benefits of allowing cpu enemy encounters to be diversified by what they are attacking with, rather than just their physical attributes and abilities. I think this is a main difference between why covenant encounters are treasured and prometheans have never been appreciated.
My issue with some of your ideas is some of them are too gadgety and not enough killy.

They'd fit right in in Destiny PvE or something but I'm not dropping a killing weapon for them.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
No don't take my Beam Rifle. It distinguishes itself through its much faster rate of fire and fixed ammo capacity.

Haha nah, beam doesn't need to go away. I think the three rifles need some retooling to make them distinct, and I was just letting my beam rifle bias guide my thought (because every goddamn time I swear that was a beam headshot the shot doesn't affect that Spartan for shit, and why does this game hate me so?!)

If I'm not wrong, I think the beam and binary share similar rates of fire. Beam overloads after 2 back-to-back shots, and binary's usual clip size is two shots. Binary has the advantage, though, in that landing enough of the shot on the body is enough to get the kill, so you could get 2 body kills with one clip

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
My issue with some of your ideas is some of them are too gadgety and not enough killy.

They'd fit right in in Destiny PvE or something but I'm not dropping a killing weapon for them.

Ehh... They'd be as gadgety or killy as you make them ... just turn those dials.

I imagine the clothesline, and the one that forces you out of cover as being shield droppers, much like the Plasma Pistol. the 1HK being obviously a 1HK.

The concussive one wouldn't do much damage, but getting knocked away from the objective, or getting too an objective more quickly than everyone else could be just as impactful as dying or getting a kill. Using it to send away incoming grenades would be a lifesaver if defending a hill.

I think we've gotta get beyond just how killy everything is if we are going to have effective growth of the sandbox. Like, there's more to a match beyond killing the opponent, and new weapons should play into those other elements (while also killing)

Last edited:

The Henery

Nov 3, 2017
Five years in the making and coming off a strong game in Halo 5, I'm less worried about the gameplay of infinite and more concerned about TEAMS OF FOUR MATCHING RANDOMS/2s RUINING THE EXPERIENCE OF THE SOLO PLAYER. AND TEAMS OF 8 STOMPING RANDOMS IN BTB. I can't stress enough how deleterious this must be to the population of a new game in the franchise. My experience of Halo 5's release was consistently marred by matching teams of four/eight when I was playing solo, to the point that it ruined the game for me. In Halo 3 ranked, you'd never see a team of four if you were playing solo; that's how Infinite needs to structure its MM. If Infinite doesn't have this protection for the solo player, its multiplayer will be a wasted effort. Irrespective of how good the game is mechanically, if I feel like I'm being set up to fail, I won't want to play your game. I made multiple, multiple posts about this at the time (as did several others); here are three of them because they're still relevant.

Ramirez said:
Give us a fucking solo que playlist already. I played 3 games of BTB tonight and 2 were against teams of 8, that shit is inexcusable.

The Henery said:
Number one problem affecting the quality of Halo 5's online gameplay. No need for separate playlists, just enforce team matching restrictions ala every Bungie online Halo (ranked).

Is there another narrative up this game's sleeve for solo players or do they exist purely for the enjoyment of partied up platoon squads? I had the best KDA and/or damage dealt stat for practically every game I played tonight but all to no avail. I'm not even a particularly good Halo 5 player so something's awry if I'm best every game. The sheer amount of games where I had geese who didn't know how to pull flags was reaching conspiracy levels.

Number ONE problem in this game is solos/2's matching parties. Incredible Halo game, probably the best it's ever been but the amount of solo players it must be haemorrhaging... Why spend years crafting, refining, perfecting only to dash the experiences of the average player against a rock to maintain this absurd policy of allowing parties to feast on the disassociated. There is simply nowhere to go as a solo player in this game. Big Team and Warzone are actually worse for blocks of serious browed, heavy slayers grimly focused on MM games as if 100k was on the line. Sad.

Really not enjoying Arena matchmaking as of late. Lots of horribly incompetent randoms versus premades. This isn't fun, and it's certainly not fair to match solo against full teams of players while I'm thrown in with Open Mic McGee, Johnny No-Thumbs, and the leaver.
The Halo 5 zeitgeist.

The Henery:
The problem has noticeably worsened in recent months as the population has presumably declined somewhat. No protection for solo players. Game after game of teams that are clearly coordinated versus four players in a communicationless vacuum. It has begun to define the experience and that should worry 343.

Last edited:

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
Well consider the leaks show a grapple hook you may get your wish in the form of gadgets,

I don't think that's my wish really. I want weapons that also have other utilities or fill other niches beyond dealing damage.

You know, like how we've had grenade/rocket jumping. Or quick camo, etc. Just build on the idea that yes these guns kill, but also have additional utility that would force some interesting decisions when it comes to picking them up. When the decision is always based purely on 1v1 prospects the sandbox isn't ever going to see its potential.

Tomash

Oct 25, 2017
Five years in the making and coming off a strong game in Halo 5, I'm less worried about the gameplay of infinite and more concerned about TEAMS OF FOUR MATCHING RANDOMS/2s RUINING THE EXPERIENCE OF THE SOLO PLAYER. I can't stress enough how deleterious this must be to the population of a new game in the franchise. My experience of Halo 5's release was consistently marred by matching teams of four when I was playing solo, to the point that it ruined the game for me. In Halo 3 ranked, you'd never see a team of four if you were playing solo; that's how Infinite needs to structure its MM. If Infinite doesn't have this protection for the solo player, it's multiplayer will be a wasted effort. Irrespective of how good the game is mechanically, if I feel like I'm being set up to fail, I won't want to play your game. I made multiple, multiple posts about this at the time (as did several others); here are three of them because they're still relevant.
Parties vs solo players has been solved in Halo 5 without having to enforce party matching. When you play in party, your skill rating is increased so you have to play tougher opponents.
Page 11, Squad offset - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/uploads/prod/2018/03/trueskill2.pdf

Parties in Arena also don't win that much anyway in that 23 million matches sample in Halo 5. Parties of 2 and 3 have 50% win rate, while parties of 4 have 57% win rate. And that's without party matching and with old Trueskill which doesn't estimate advantage gained from playing in a party. It's BTB and Warzone were parties wreck havoc, and why they had to limit party size to 6 in Warzone as a stop-gap measure.

The Henery

Nov 3, 2017
Parties vs solo players has been solved in Halo 5 without having to enforce party matching. When you play in party, your skill rating is increased so you have to play tougher opponents.

Yes, I recall that solution was implemented 2-3 years after the game launched. The game would have lost most of its peak population at that point. The decision to launch without party matching critically impacted the potential for the game to retain players. I know I stopped playing regularly for quite some time because I felt there was no point playing solo. Also, that "solution" still doesn't sit well with me; I'm still fundamentally opposed to four strangers (each usually in their own separate party chats) playing a pre-made team of four individuals in one party chat communicating. Halo Reach has party matching enabled in Hardocre, I think, so hopefully that's what they opt for in Infinite. The population is there at launch to enforce party matching - perhaps the current Halo 5 method should come in when the population declines.

Parties in Arena also don't win that much anyway in that 23 million matches sample in Halo 5. Parties of 2 and 3 have 50% win rate, while parties of 4 have 57% win rate. And that's without party matching and with old Trueskill which doesn't estimate advantage gained from playing in a party.

The numbers here don't negate the fact that playing, and losing against, a pre-made team of four when you are a solo player feels like you've been conned by the system. Like, if red team always spawned with a Shotgun and a Carbine whereas blue team always spawned with AR/Pistol, but the data said "well, red team only wins 57%", Shotgun/Carbine would still be a fundamental, starting advantage. It would still suck to spawn with blue team's weapons, even if you won the match. If I lose in a match against a pre-made, I don't care that they might go on to lose the next match they play because they lose 43% of their matches. A party of four communicating just changes the behaviour of a match in ways that I don't want to participate in if I'm not also with three other players communicating.

I remember watching Ogre 2, the Halo GOAT, streaming Halo 5 playing solo and matching To4 over and over again. He complained about it a lot, then eventually gave up on the game and stopped streaming it.

It's BTB and Warzone were parties wreck havoc, and why they had to limit party size to 6 in Warzone as a stop-gap measure.

Aye, I've edited my post to make it clear that this applies to BTB modes too. Teams of 8 vs randoms sucks even more.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully ther matchmaking system in place at launch prioritizes matching party sizes, and adjusts effective team skill when when necessary to balance the effect of party size. It took way too long to address this issue on H5, but I can't imagine 343 will regress in this regard.

TO4s winning 7 percent more often than teams of 2-3 is a a significant disparity imo. Also what's lost in that stat is the quality of those matches. If TO4s are winning more often AND destroying their competition during those wins, then someone is having a poor experience way too frequently - one that could be improved by a better MM algorithm.

Tomash

Oct 25, 2017
Halo Reach has party matching enabled in Hardocre, I think, so hopefully that's what they opt for in Infinite. The population is there at launch to enforce party matching - perhaps the current Halo 5 method should come in when the population declines.
Doubtful, because current method works better than party matching. With party matching, you end up with segregated matchmaking pools - which necessarily means worse matchmaking for everyone involved. If parties are rare at Bronze and Silver levels, what happens to those parties when you have party matching? Who do they have to play against? If parties are most common at Onyx level, what happens to solo Diamond players when you have party matching? The answer to these questions is the reason why Trueskill2 approach is better.
Inherent advantages don't matter. Take Fortnite for example. They forced cross-play across all platforms. PC has inherent advantage over console and mobile players, and console players have adv. over mobile players. Yet it doesn't matter. Because the game has skill based matchmaking. Gears 5 is also taking out the ability to opt-out of cross-play in Ranked in the future. For the same reason. Inherent advantages don't matter. So as long as that inherent advantage is not gained through cheating.

TO4s winning 7 percent more often than teams of 2-3 is a a significant disparity imo. Also what's lost in that stat is the quality of those matches. If TO4s are winning more often AND destroying their competition during those wins, then someone is having a poor experience way too frequently - one that could be improved by a better MM algorithm.
They were winning 7 percent more often prior to implementation of TS2. That's likely no longer the case. 7% difference is minimal anyway - that's like Platinum 1 vs Platinum 3.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
just dont give me see through the wall vision again -_- ...
As a power-up, Promethean Vision would be really cool. It'd simply be like OS, Camo, etc. where you pick it up and have Promethean Vision for 30 secs or until death. It could even be buffed in some ways.

That's the purpose of power-ups, to give you a power. up. A straight buff to your abilities. Promethean Vision fits that bill perfectly and gives another option for power-ups.

Halo needs more of 'em!
  • Double Jump power-up that lasts 30 secs.
  • Thrust Overload, giving you unlimited thrusts in a 15 second window, even when holding objectives items.
  • Bottomless Clip (bad idea)
  • Post clip to Era with complaint pre-typed
Y'know, sky's the limit and all that.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
As a power-up, Promethean Vision would be really cool. It'd simply be like OS, Camo, etc. where you pick it up and have Promethean Vision for 30 secs or until death. It could even be buffed in some ways.

That's the purpose of power-ups, to give you a power. up. A straight buff to your abilities. Promethean Vision fits that bill perfectly and gives another option for power-ups.

Halo needs more of 'em!
  • Double Jump power-up that lasts 30 secs.
  • Thrust Overload, giving you unlimited thrusts in a 15 second window, even when holding objectives items.
  • Bottomless Clip (bad idea)
  • Post clip to Era with complaint pre-typed
Y'know, sky's the limit and all that.
would you like to see me thrusting across the map? I'd be spamming it so i'd get right in your face and spam it once more to troll. jk i wont, but i can see people doing this. a game type with unlimited thrusts and one hit melee kills lol.. actually would be kind of funny

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Thought I would browse some game history on my son's gamertag and mine for MCC (actually I wanted to view the crap matchmaking weighting of always getting slayer games on arena/asymmetrical maps). What a shit show that is on Halo Waypoint. Fuck all stats related to objective e.g. no flag caps, bombs, time with objective etc (same goes for in game carnage report too, even for H2/3 that had such stats originally). Another element totally missing on Waypoint is any map name or game title/version in your game history, literally just "--" where a map name is supposed to be. There isn't even a column for gametype played either. A medal count exists but no list or icons of the medals themselves.

This is beyond subpar for any AAA studio. If I could be arsed I'd look into the API data feed available...

Terin

Oct 31, 2017
For people who've played a shitton of Halo 2, are there any resources for weapon spawns on maps? I've been going through the MCC games trying to actually learn spawn timers, but Halo 2 seems wildly inconsistent. The Lockout sniper respawns 45 seconds once the current sniper is deleted, but the Ivory Tower sniper spawns 60 seconds as soon as the current one is disturbed.

Maps seem to be real inconsistent on how they work, and a written source would help a ton.

Dec 21, 2017
So that halo ce anniversary gametype is amazing.

For people who've played a shitton of Halo 2, are there any resources for weapon spawns on maps? I've been going through the MCC games trying to actually learn spawn timers, but Halo 2 seems wildly inconsistent. The Lockout sniper respawns 45 seconds once the current sniper is deleted, but the Ivory Tower sniper spawns 60 seconds as soon as the current one is disturbed.

Maps seem to be real inconsistent on how they work, and a written source would help a ton.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
Waypoint needs to be like bnet for Halo Infinite stat tracking.

Get with the times 343
What I find amusing is that their stat tracking has gotten so much worse over time. H4 was pretty solid, but MCC and H5 are so lacking. They never even updated Waypoint to effectively track MCC Reach stats, so it mostly just shows blanks for maps and doesn't have per match breakdowns at all.

I hope Infinite does better and also does a lot better with the theater and saved films.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
So in terms of a possible Infinite MP flight/beta, are we not expecting this until after their big E3 blowout for Series X?

Is that enough time to address issues?

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What I find amusing is that their stat tracking has gotten so much worse over time. H4 was pretty solid, but MCC and H5 are so lacking. They never even updated Waypoint to effectively track MCC Reach stats, so it mostly just shows blanks for maps and doesn't have per match breakdowns at all.

I hope Infinite does better and also does a lot better with the theater and saved films.

They add the weirdest graphs and visual details that just don't matter TBH. The core statistics need hooks within the game and simply dumped to API and Waypoint in tabular data. It's not rocket science. The progressive downgrade with each game version has been crazy, both in game and especially since 343/Waypoint took over. So many Bnet partner sites did statistics waaaay better that 343 ever has.

Status
Not open for further replies.