• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Doing my Reach achievement extravaganza.

Speed running Long Night of Solace is a bitch with the space ship part.

You basically just have to hide in the ship debris and pop out to target them one at a time.

The second part with the corvette was much easier if you kill all the banshees before you launch, all you have to do is avoid the AA guns on the ship.

It's definitely unnecessarily frustrating and is a case where the move to 60fps seems to have made old tactics nonviable.

At least once you get on the ship it's pretty smooth sailing.

To me it's hard to pick the worst Halo Reach level on Legendary, they're all so annoyingly aggravating to me.

Dec 21, 2017
guys, I am so fucking bad at Halo 2 right now.

I hadn't played in probably a year, been happily occupied by Destiny 2, but I'm feeling the Halo it super hard and now I'm rank 28 in the season, something like, nearly 2mil xp? and I fucking suck ass at Halo 2 after my hiatus please help me
What aspect of the game are you bad at?

Oct 26, 2017
Returned to Halo 5's base multiplayer for the first time in a long while and I can really appreciate how tight of a game 343i was able to design. However, I really wish they didn't feel Halo had to mimic other popular shooters so much. The game felt best when I used sprint, clamber, and chained advanced mobility the least (as well as when other players did not rely on it). The magnum feels great and weapons feel responsive. However, I will always hate how you can move and crouch to juke headshots.

I hope 343i has the courage to embrace Halo for what it is and not dip as much into the mainstream. Their resilience to jump into the Battle Royale scene gives me some hope alongside the leaps and bounds of improvement we saw from 4 to 5, and I'm itching more than ever to see what they have in store for Infinite. Mythic Slayer is such a good foundation for Halo's multiplayer and I really hope they follow through with it.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
lmao

1F70A70F1A2F89CAC69A324092DA6760BCBE74F0

AustinFordGames

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
What aspect of the game are you bad at?
So I'm losing most fights at range. The map Foundation in Halo 2 for example, I perform horribly on (and honestly can't tell if I just hate the map or if it's just bad). Halo CE, Halo 2 Anniversary, Halo 3, Halo 4, and Halo 5 I am having virtually no issues with, some of it is just getting back into the rhythm, remembering map control, and things like that, but it's like I can't live in Halo 2 for more than 2 seconds at a time and I can't hit shots that everyone else seems to be hitting.

Tomash

Oct 25, 2017
However, I will always hate how you can move and crouch to juke headshots.
343i just added crouch strafing in Halo Reach for M&KB players in the most recent flight. It just feels bad not having the ability to crouch when moving at full speed. Best you can hope for is that Infinite will have Halo 2/3 levels of bullet magnetism which would make crouching less useful. Reach, 4 and 5 require you to aim with the smaller inner reticle to score headshots which makes crouching viable at close range. Add awkwardness of close range aiming in H5 to that and it's understandable why frustrations arise. Movement speed is also the fastest in Halo 5 + crouch doesn't slow you as much as in previous Halo games.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I miss nak3d Eli.

I see Mythic Tyrant is still around. Halo Completist is too as well as Maka.

I never even heard of Pedrogras.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I wish they didn't do all of these toy lines because it has a direct effect on the games and leads to things like Halo 5 having a T rating and a lack of blood. I want Infinite to have blood again, I want it to feel more like CE and old school shooters.

AustinFordGames

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
I wish they didn't do all of these toy lines because it has a direct effect on the games and leads to things like Halo 5 having a T rating and a lack of blood. I want Infinite to have blood again, I want it to feel more like CE and old school shooters.
I don't think the external licensing really has that much effect on the games. Every Halo game has had licensed toys, even Halo CE. I think it was more of a choice from the higher ups to help broaden the Halo audience. When your game is rated T, it's going to sell better because you'll have those parents that don't want to buy an M rated game for their 13 year old, let alone younger kids.

All of that aside, I'd love nothing more than for the blood and grittier feel to come back.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably too much logistical work but it would be cool if there were two compatible SKU's for the game.

One is Teen. One is M. Voice lines, violence graphics are different etc. Maybe deleted scenes in the T.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017

I remember reading that Halo's T rating wasn't intentional, just a shift in the boards tolerance towards violence.

There really isn't much difference between Halo 4 and Halo 5 in terms of mature content... iirc the composer scene is what pushed H4 over the edge.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Infinite will launch with Series X, and I doubt Series X launches in October.

You could just be able to pre download the code before the game launches.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think the external licensing really has that much effect on the games. Every Halo game has had licensed toys, even Halo CE. I think it was more of a choice from the higher ups to help broaden the Halo audience. When your game is rated T, it's going to sell better because you'll have those parents that don't want to buy an M rated game for their 13 year old, let alone younger kids.

All of that aside, I'd love nothing more than for the blood and grittier feel to come back.

I don't really see much that the cartoony blood in CE or 2 added, honestly. Fun to beat your allies like piñatas, not much else.

Oct 25, 2017
What we thinking, limited to older tech due to the fuckery? Good way to introduce new weapons in a more classic style.

People have whipped themselves up to a frenzy arguing just that, but there's limited evidence. We'll see.

Personally I'd find it an interesting story beat but it'd feel like a cheat if that was just used to wipe away the history 343 has built on.

The naming in any case suggests more than the MA40 is the Army variant of the MA5C/D postwar (like the 37 was to the MA5B). So it might be a current weapon, just new to players.

AustinFordGames

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
I don't really see much that the cartoony blood in CE or 2 added, honestly. Fun to beat your allies like piñatas, not much else.
Oh no, something more akin to Halo 3 is more or less what I'm thinking. I don't think it's required at all, but just something that could easily come back and even have a switch for like a lot of modern games have.
People have whipped themselves up to a frenzy arguing just that, but there's limited evidence. We'll see.

Personally I'd find it an interesting story beat but it'd feel like a cheat if that was just used to wipe away the history 343 has built on.

The naming in any case suggests more than the MA40 is the Army variant of the MA5C/D postwar (like the 37 was to the MA5B). So it might be a current weapon, just new to players.
See, my thought was that it was an army variant and that it was accurate to whatever year that Pelican was last actually used, not just floating in space. I guess we'll see!

HTupolev

Oct 27, 2017
The blood sprays are a core part of CE's juicy aesthetic, and pair perfectly with things like the melee sounds. The effect of a room decaling purple and black following a bunch of explosions is a beautiful match for CE's lighting and materials, too.

I'm surprised to see Halo 2 mentioned in the same context, because it dials the blood effects down considerably. Its overall look and feel is much more along the lines of action figures on a model battlefield, and the same is true of Halo 3. In line with that, Halo 2's combat vibes are more dry and clacky.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to E3 again this year so there better be Halo stations reserved for me Frankie Doodle.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I love Mythic movement settings but holy shit please remove that BR and replace it with the Magnum
BR worsens that playlist.
Halo could use more blood, but it needs more humor too.
It's part of a greater design where it's a playful sandbox. That small detail added to it.

Think about the rag dolls too, they fly everywhere and blood sprays all over the environment. It's one of the subtleties that makes CE's charm unmatched.
The blood sprays are a core part of CE's juicy aesthetic, and pair perfectly with things like the melee sounds. The effect of a room decaling purple and black following a bunch of explosions is a beautiful match for CE's lighting and materials, too.

I'm surprised to see Halo 2 mentioned in the same context, because it dials the blood effects down considerably. Its overall look and feel is much more along the lines of action figures on a model battlefield, and the same is true of Halo 3. In line with that, Halo 2's combat vibes are more dry and clacky.
Are you actually surprised people are still lumping CE in with other games? Halo 1 and 2 are different on so many levels, but when talking about "classic Halo" they are apparently the same game lol.

Glass

Oct 26, 2017
Not heard of Esports Engine either but Adam started MLG and I've seen him on Halo forums during Halo 5's lifespan, him getting involved seemed like something a lot of people wanted.

Haruko

Oct 25, 2017
Adam's been a long-time patron of the TeamBeyond forum as well. He's as in-touch with the competitive Halo scene as you could hope for IMO.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
is the audio on reach pc fixed yet? i put down the game for that patiently waiting for the promised fix

also, how about mouse input issues with fps over 60?

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
is the audio on reach pc fixed yet? i put down the game for that patiently waiting for the promised fix

also, how about mouse input issues with fps over 60?
Audio is still WIP

Mouse is fine with over 60FPS, the issue is the camera is unlocked and everything else is locked to 60 which causes the jitter. Aiming is fine though.

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017

I would've thought they'd be in the works withthis all, hence the partnership lol. But I guess Forge makes sense for later... really hope it's a much better tool for map makers because while I enjoyed the mythic playlist those maps were pretty bad looking after playing modern games... even old Halo.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
I would've thought they'd be in the works withthis all, hence the partnership lol. But I guess Forge makes sense for later... really hope it's a much better tool for map makers because while I enjoyed the mythic playlist those maps were pretty bad looking after playing modern games... even old Halo.
Well considering we haven't even seen gameplay for Infinite yet it doesn't seem that late.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I hope this doesn't point to esports using forge maps again. If you're holding a multimillion dollar tournament having forge being presented on the stage is not AAA standard. It's great for the cartographers/community to build custom maps and alter things but it needs to feed into official designers/developers to return a AAA end product.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I hope this doesn't point to esports using forge maps again. If you're holding a multimillion dollar tournament having forge being presented on the stage is not AAA standard. It's great for the cartographers/community to build custom maps and alter things but it needs to feed into official designers/developers to return a AAA end product.

Im hoping it means using forge to experiment with weapon and powerup placements, ammo counts etc. Also to experiment with fixes to undesirable map dynamics and suggestions from the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.