• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm literally a project manager who is obsessed with analytics and I have a decade of forge experience, I also won the Halo tournament I hosted at my bachelors party.

Is there any reason they SHOULDNT hire me?!?

/s we all know I suck

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Im hoping it means using forge to experiment with weapon and powerup placements, ammo counts etc. Also to experiment with fixes to undesirable map dynamics and suggestions from the community.

Yep, all that good feedback stuff from the pros/community. Loved the weapon and movement balancing in H5, just wasn't a fan of the focus on those maps near exclusively for matchmaking outside of Warzone. Forge maps in customs and matchmaking is great just for the esports stage give it a lick of professionalism.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some Mythic thoughts:

FFA doesn't do this playlist any favors. Spawns + this BR Kind of suck. The H5 Magnum would probably make it play way better. I generally prefer the movement settings to H5, but I do think the thrust could go a little further.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
#nilla4hire
#_4_

If nilla = 3 and hire = 3, do the math. Follow the dots. Connect the path. Illuminati.

I was born in Montevallo, Alabama. Alabama has 3 A's. AAA & The number 3
nillapuddin has 11 characters in it, I now live in Florida, which has 7 letters, subtract those and you get 4
The number of elite controllers Ive been through during Halo 5s life cycle; 3

I'M HONESTLY SCARING MYSELF

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, all that good feedback stuff from the pros/community. Loved the weapon and movement balancing in H5, just wasn't a fan of the focus on those maps near exclusively for matchmaking outside of Warzone. Forge maps in customs and matchmaking is great just for the esports stage give it a lick of professionalism.

Here's hoping we get a better stable of maps in Halo infinite. A big problem was that so few maps were actually tournament viable because they had glaring balancing issues or garnered completely uninteresting meta. Overgrowth, Tyrant, Stasis, Mercy, Molten, Riptide, Torque - for the most part these maps LOOKED really good, but were awful for competition (and really weren't great for standard play either). So even after all the updates, we were still left with a limited esports map pool.

So, the key to having those professional looking maps on stage is to ship viable maps in the first place.

Glass

Oct 26, 2017
And the content keeps on coming !

Sadly not the Infinite suit, but this is definitely the best Halo 4 / 5 era Chief suit I've seen. I think his design in those games always translates to very awkward looking suits in real life, but this is probably the only exception that I've seen.
Hope they're hard at work on an Infinite one, seeing as that's the best Chief has ever looked.

Oct 25, 2017

Sadly not the Infinite suit, but this is definitely the best Halo 4 / 5 era Chief suit I've seen. I think his design in those games always translates to very awkward looking suits in real life, but this is probably the only exception that I've seen.
Hope they're hard at work on an Infinite one, seeing as that's the best Chief has ever looked.

To me the problem with the 4/5 suit has always been those ridiculous shoulder pads that don't cover the actual shoulders, and the huge back piece. At least adding thrusters to it gave them a reason for existing, but it's the failing of many an otherwise-great suit especially in 5.

It's definitely a suit design that has a lot more innate real-world mobility to it, though. Talking with the 405th guys at Outpost Discovery really hammered that home.

So I'm literally a project manager who is obsessed with analytics and I have a decade of forge experience, I also won the Halo tournament I hosted at my bachelors party.

Is there any reason they SHOULDNT hire me?!?

/s we all know I suck

Do it.gif

CalamityPixel

Oct 27, 2017
Is this a first taste of the Halo Infinite score? I've never heard it before and It sounds like some of the WIP Halo 5 music they used during the VIDocs before release.

Dec 21, 2017
Some Mythic thoughts:

FFA doesn't do this playlist any favors. Spawns + this BR Kind of suck. The H5 Magnum would probably make it play way better. I generally prefer the movement settings to H5, but I do think the thrust could go a little further.
I like the short thrust. I wish there was no thrust if they are gonna charge it.

Last edited:

AustinFordGames

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Today is the third day in a row of Halo news, Remember I initially posted this here, but I predicted that we'd see something in the first few weeks of March, more specifically around GDC...

www.theouterhaven.net

Halo Infinite: When We Think We’ll See It

We'll likely see Halo Infinite either in the week leading up to or right around, GDC 2020 which is March 16th-20th. Halo Infinite will release on Xbox One, Xbox Series X and Windows 10.

I'm taking bets, seems even more accurate now lol

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017

That is incredibly incredibly impressive

...However, gotta say the timing is odd because very soon they are going to drastically change what the chief looks like and it's like a bit messy messaging?

But I'm sure this stuff has long since been completed and it's just a busy production schedule that led to this video only being put out now

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New models for the Pelican, Warthog, and Mongoose? Nice.

I hope my eyes are seeing it right - I'm glad to have the angular turret shields back on the warthog - The blocky plate just wasn't as good

unknown.png
unknown.png

Is this a first taste of the Halo Infinite score? I've never heard it before and It sounds like some of the WIP Halo 5 music they used during the VIDocs before release.

Damn, I kept thinking "This sounds like the Halo 5 style" but as it kept going it turned into some other stuff, Like bootleg Halo 2, maybe a hint of ODST and Superman. It's neat, but I hope it's not quite the direction for Halo Infinite. We'll see though.

It's from Smash Brothers

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Incredible work and craftmanship. Huge respect.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Even after the patch (almost 3GB), I still can't pick up weapons in CE. I can zoom now, so there is that I guess.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably doesn't mean anything for Infinite because it looks like this uses the Halo 4/Halo 5 version of the 2/3 Mark VI armor as opposed to Master Chief's Infinite look, but this CG bit for that eSports announcement has the Halo 4/5 style Battle Rifle with a more traditional scope.

(Also, it looks more like it's paid for by Sentinels than 343 themselves)

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope we get to see old covenant and unsc designs too.

The Elites and Hackles 343 made are hideous.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
I really miss Chief's armor being the default in MP. It's so good.

In this game it will be too good, nobody would play MP to grind for different gear because the best set is given to you

The only part of his new armour that I'm not a fan of is the "117" on his chest. Would be perfect to me if it was removed.

I have to wonder if that wasn't a joint decision also made with marketing, personally I don't think guy in green needs to me specifically identified as Master Chief, but maybe because the look has changed so much they are trying to make sure there is no confusion (for toys and average Joe's)

I hope we get to see old covenant and unsc designs too.

The Elites and Hackles 343 made are hideous.

While I won't say they are hideous, for me tonally, 4 & 5 were big misses. I 100% see what they were going for, I just think they misunderstood what the Halo aesthetic should be. I've never been more encouraged by a games pre release art style than I am of this game

Even the box art, just honestly exudes this aura of "they get it" I know the comparisons are like it's just (Breath of the Wild but Halo), and tbh I don't mind, that's a game that clearly GOT what it's audience wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.