• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
No take the spread off of the carbine and stop using rng to balance precision weapons and we'll be on our way.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017

I don't think I'm prepared for the meltdown when MLG isn't the TO

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Hcs can only go up from esl. New to the competitive scene, not sure what makes mlg stand out, but here's hoping

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
Hcs can only go up from esl. New to the competitive scene, not sure what makes mlg stand out, but here's hoping

The main things about MLG:
  1. Their business structure is heavily modeled on grassroots community building- which benefits AMs, pros, and orgs alike
  2. The production is typically top notch
  3. They handle logistics exceptionally well and help smalller TOs with logistics
  4. Nostalgia
It would be a night an day difference from ESL who really only cared about their rights to the top teams, and had a hands off approach when it came to the rest of the competitive community.

Last edited:

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wish Halo would do a spin on Battle Royale against the Covenant, think Halo Reach ending but you can control either. Inevitable ending as the glassing narrows the playable area. 64 versus 64 but nearing end it might just be 15 humans remaining and 5 covenant but last person standing still continues but when do you team up, when do you turn. Wort Wort Wort or What are they to say now for Covenant Win and Bet You Can't Stick It, Get up, SO I CAN KILL YOU AGAIN!, just random fun Halo quotes for the Chicken Dinner thing, I know that's copy cat but would be funny and I want fun games that aren't serious every minute. Even have old Halo quotes as XP unlocks.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
i only had time for one match last night and got stasis. no BRs :/
I just played a BTB match and my first impressions are really positive.

Close range feels good. No clunkiness and I got a few perfects. Long range is way less effective but when I'm missing shots I know it's my fault so it's not frustrating.

The recoil generally just feels quite satisfying as well.

All in all it seems very good.

Also, whilst I've only played on one map (viking) I haven't noticed any fps drops.

Solid update.

Edit: I noticed a couple of drops in my last game but only when standing on the edge of the map looking in and they weren't as bad as previously. Definitely a big improvement.

Last edited:

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
I just played a BTB match and my first impressions are really positive.

Close range feels good. No clunkiness and I got a few perfects. Long range is way less effective but when I'm missing shots I know it's my fault so it's not frustrating.

The recoil generally just feels quite satisfying as well.

All in all it seems very good.

Also, whilst I've only played on one map (viking) I haven't noticed any fps drops.

Solid update.

Edit: I noticed a couple of drops in my last game but only when standing on the edge of the map looking in and they weren't as bad as previously. Definitely a big improvement.
hows it stack up in these scenarios to the mag?

jem

Oct 25, 2017
hows it stack up in these scenarios to the mag?
Difficult to tell without using it on an arena map honestly.

Based on the couple of matches I've played it's harder to use than the original BR at all ranges, but particularly long range.

It's still going a be a viable pick up but I think the magnum will probably be better at close range and long range.

I'd be interested to see how BR starts would play now. Although I have a feeling that ship has sailed.

Edit: just played Slayer on Overgrowth so not ideal. However, it felt decent. Most importantly though, the weapon is actually fun to use again.

Last edited:

m23

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know anything about pro gaming but hopefully it helps the franchise in some way.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Damn I'm now super keen for this year's Worlds. Have they said if they're going to use Xbox One X's for the matches? Would love for it to be streamed in 4K.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I think the excitement over MLG is misplaced and you'll find everything will be largely the same.

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
I renewed my gold last weekend and updated the MCC and Halo 5. Forgot how much I missed the series. Had a nostalgia overload when I installed Reach and actually found matches.

Halo 5 honestly feels incredibly good to play. I try not to think of it as a Halo game, because it's so different I kinda felt like even though it was better than 4, that 343 were just determined to kill Halo. But man it really is a great game in its own right. I just wish Halo 2 Anniversary could have been the new standard, I think it's peak Halo MP at this point.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
I think the excitement over MLG is misplaced and you'll find everything will be largely the same.
Well the game obviously isn't going to change.

However, the events should hopefully be much smoother and a better overall viewing experience which has been a large issue for the last year or so.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic news! really hopeful for this year - which is pretty incredible considering we will still be playing on launch maps and gametypes (+ oddball)

VincentMatts

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

This is a step in the right direction for the next game. And the amount of times the stream stopped working or sound problems were embarrassing at one point. Hopefully this helps and let's face it MLG has the brand name that those other ones don't. Halo an MLG go hand-in-hand

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
This is a step in the right direction for the next game. And the amount of times the stream stopped working or sound problems were embarrassing at one point. Hopefully this helps and let's face it MLG has the brand name that those other ones don't. Halo an MLG go hand-in-hand

Not only how smooth events are run but the entire tournament system seems already loads better than what we got the last few years.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017

Nah.

Things ESL has done since running halo:
  • Barred amateurs and pros from competing in the same tournaments
  • Withheld location and ticket sales until two weeks prior to an event
  • Had a single elimination World Championship
  • Piggybacked a KPop convention as a venue
  • Fined a player for being a victim in a scheme to steal his pro spot
  • Allowed a single player to steal a pro spot from a duo that stuck together
  • Gave AM teams fewer seeding points than Pros they beat on LAN- which broke the World Championship Bracket
  • Failed to secure a venue for Worlds, waited till the last minute to reveal the location, had guests from all over watching on a screen in a tent
  • Refuses to have a second steam (even Gears gets a second stream)
MLG won't be anything like what we've had for the last two years. That notion is ridiculous considering how well MLG handles every other league they are involved in. Hell the world's structure is already leagues beyond anything we've had yet in h5.

The excitement isn't misguided. It's the direct result of watching mlg do a much better job with console esports.

Last edited:

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I live no where near Mexico, pick focused MM and yet match exclusively against Mexicans. Fix your shit 343i.

Edit: Now that I changed to expanded I'm playing players closer to my rank and in America. Focused completely broken confirmed.

Edit 2: Nevermind, played onyx/diamond team from South America.

Last edited:

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017
T
I live no where near Mexico, pick focused MM and yet match exclusively against Mexicans. Fix your shit 343i.

Edit: Now that I changed to expanded I'm playing players closer to my rank and in America. Focused completely broken confirmed.

I've had this issue since six months after the game came out. I live in Pennsylvania but somehow 343i assumes I live in Jalisco. It might also be an azure thing, but unless 80% of the population is actually from Mexico at any given time, something has been broken or very poorly designed.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
Vertical recoil is pretty easy to manage. Just aim at the upper torso, let the recoil deliver your headset.

SCHUEY 117

Oct 25, 2017
New Org called Reciprocity with Snipedown, Spartan, Mikwen and Penguin. Should be a solid team. Pistola done??

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
Team liquid is leaving halo. Hopefully this new format creates an environment that is much more inviting to the bigger orgs.

Status
Not open for further replies.