• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

daedalius

Oct 27, 2017
BR literally killed TF. i dont want the same for halo.

and personally, i was hyped fr apex and finally thought heres the game that could get me into this genre, but nope. BR is not for me. IMO, battle royale would be a diversion of resources in a mode that i just cant stand. no thanks.
I tried to play it, but I'd rather just play titanfall or halo.

BR isn't for me, evidently

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
im fucking terrible at it - which is weird. i'm also strangely committed to wrapping my head around it and at least becoming decent. not sure why. my bruised ego? but yeah, the style is really not for me

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of trying to nonsensically apply trends to Halo, remember when kids were obsessed with Minecraft and Murder Miners was a thing for like two weeks?

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
You guys are so easy to rile up.

I was only sorta kinda kidding with my post. Sheesh.

tenor.gif

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
Hope 343 doesn't jump into the BR wagon.

All I want from 343 is a big, massive PVE to experience and explore the Halo universe.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be entirely against a Halo BR provided they did away with random loot and gave everyone a utility weapon to start with.

Basically just make it a giant one life FFA match with non-random weapons on map.

Last edited:

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be entirely against a Halo BR provided they did away with random loot and gave everyone a utility weapon to start with.

Basically just make it a giant one life FFA match with non-random weapons on map.

That doesn't sound too bad. Rather than permadeath, I like Apex's Respawn system and I think it would better suit Halo's combat.

I'm not opposed to BR, but I'd rather get Firefight and Invasion back first.

True

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Man that feels like forever ago. Before the HaloGAF ban, before the brief stay at SLAENT...
That was such BS to this day. Banning an entire community for a couple posts from just as many posters. Then citing the entire community was too off topic while other community threads were just as bad.

Oh no

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Got matched with a player 3 times on MCC tonight who did nothing but bring teammates shields down and betray them. Killed me 4 or 5 times over 3 games, they were even listed as the player who killed me most in one of the matches despite being on my team 😅

Frustrating that I never got the option to boot them. Is betrayal booting enabled in MCC? Was in Halo 3 if that matters.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Universal praise and hype for Respawn (who deserve it) for Apex Legends, swooping in and showing how BR should be done when the genre is still hot.

Meanwhile, Halo at 343...

*crickets*

Oh hey at least we can play decade old games better now on MCC.

Respawn have certainly delivered the movement and gunplay/mechanics I want from a BR mode. Far and away above PUBG or Fortnite (aiming on console for those two is a total joke). Apex Legends is a real sweet spot for feeling accurate and when you lose you lost because of yourself/team not because of the controls.

That said I played about 6 games last night and still found myself having that ill feeling BR experience, scrounge for items for 10minutes get a kill or two and then die in a 10seconds gun tight. It's just a very slow gamestyle. I see the appeal but I far prefer a PvE experience, now give me that in a setting of 10-20-30 players on maps this size in a dynamically generated setting and we're good. I had some great moments and I'll Apex over PUBG/Fortnite but I'll still have BR on the secondary list of what I want to play.

Hope 343 doesn't jump into the BR wagon.

All I want from 343 is a big, massive PVE to experience and explore the Halo universe.

This is so spot on for me. Exactly what I want from Infinite. Waaay more PvE and campaign content delivered often. PvP is fun but it just isn't fair online and gets stale without a regular team. Matchmade/party PvE content is what I want for the future of Halo. Given the Azure services I'd really like to see them push the boundaries and innovation on this front e.g. Gambit, story content, dynamic mission, Forge for mini campaigns.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
Respawn have certainly delivered the movement and gunplay/mechanics I want from a BR mode. Far and away above PUBG or Fortnite (aiming on console for those two is a total joke). Apex Legends is a real sweet spot for feeling accurate and when you lose you lost because of yourself/team not because of the controls.

That said I played about 6 games last night and still found myself having that ill feeling BR experience, scrounge for items for 10minutes get a kill or two and then die in a 10seconds gun tight. It's just a very slow gamestyle. I see the appeal but I far prefer a PvE experience, now give me that in a setting of 10-20-30 players on maps this size in a dynamically generated setting and we're good. I had some great moments and I'll Apex over PUBG/Fortnite but I'll still have BR on the secondary list of what I want to play.

This is so spot on for me. Exactly what I want from Infinite. Waaay more PvE and campaign content delivered often. PvP is fun but it just isn't fair online and gets stale without a regular team. Matchmade/party PvE content is what I want for the future of Halo. Given the Azure services I'd really like to see them push the boundaries and innovation on this front e.g. Gambit, story content, dynamic mission, Forge for mini campaigns.

Yup, Halo universe is so fascinating and rich with enemies, weapons, armors and stories.
LET ME TEAM UP AND EXPLORE.

While Destiny is Ok and Anthem looks also Ok from what I've played, 343 and Halo can really dominate this area. Everything is basically there, they just need to execute it right.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
set loot would add a competitive aspect to BR that no other game has tried and would set it apart from everything else in the genre

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Just do it like Halo has always done.

Set weapons spawn in set positions. No randomness.
Yup jem knows what I mean

I enjoy playing pubg/blackout because of the (in game narrative) that comes with having bad->good loot and the progression of each game, but if they locked it down so you knew where stuff was, that would change the dynamic of how you approach drop locations and fighting to take areas because knowing what enemies may have.

It might not work in practice, but it could be a unique element for the genre that I believe is too random to truly be "competitive"

I don't have a white board and a design team to help push these types of ideas to their fullest, but I just believe if you pulled that string you'd eventually find your way to something very unique and possibly great

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I honestly have to wonder if there's going to be a big enough audience for this to warrant a 3 day event across multiple cities. Sure people will show up, and if I could I would go to the Houston one on that Saturday, but until I see more (the panels, booths, etc.) I have to wonder y'know? This seems to be like their own Star Wars Celebration which is cool, but I don't know if making it a tour will help it.

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
I'm months late (maybe even years) but I finally plugged in my 360 to get films off of it and came across all the Bungie vs the World maps in Halo 3. NOKYARD did you still want those, assuming I can find a way to get them off the 360?

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
Look at this beauty

26977382-b052-4547-839a-5c35d0a1a439.PNG

Look at this monstrosity
3ff19934-2d61-44b7-8615-12992cf2fdac.PNG

e3ab9de8-42e2-4575-853f-937a23e9c7a1.PNG

Again beauty

9964fe16-c5af-4e39-9507-f9ebe5768e2d.PNG

Hideous

6fe9936e-894f-4cf3-893b-a0ef2c05e3e0.PNG

04485558-5997-4b4a-8da9-5af0b324d358.PNG

And of course the obsession with this blue color, so frustrating.

2f4e147e-aa0c-4fa0-b8c8-2a7970bc4925.PNG

Last edited:

jem

Oct 25, 2017
H4 BR is my favourite BR

Followed by the H5 BR.

The old BR is just a bit boring visually

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
I'm Definately not a fan of the later weapon designs... They just got too busy and take up too much screen real estate

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't tried apex yet. What do you mean by that?
You can ping ANYTHING, so if you see a weapon you can ping it and your friends will all hear you vocalize where is at and what it is, same for general locations where they should go or where enimies are at. They could remove radar for a ping system because it just makes shoutouts easier and you don't have to actually talk.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
I really like the ping system but I'm not sure how well it would work in Halo. Might be a bit too fast paced.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
You can ping ANYTHING, so if you see a weapon you can ping it and your friends will all hear you vocalize where is at and what it is, same for general locations where they should go or where enimies are at. They could remove radar for a ping system because it just makes shoutouts easier and you don't have to actually talk.

Yeah, it's really really good.

Oct 25, 2017

Sounds like the system for Vermintide.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
How does ping compare to Spartan Chatter? I Remember when H5 beta was out, a lot of people complained about how much talking the Spartans did. I for one really appreciated being able to get call out information from people who weren't using mics.in the full release, I think toned back how often they talK.

Status
Not open for further replies.