• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I think Warzone FF and standard FF got pretty stale. WFF was good for a warmup, but once you see all the rounds a map had to offer, it just wasn't as dynamic am experience I expect from something called Firefight.

I think I'm biased against Halo BR because I just haven't been able to enjoy myself in any BR games. Hoping you're properly equipped for a random encounter just doesn't appeal to me - less so when I think about it in the context of What I like about Halo gunfights.

That said I do think there's room for Halo with the kind of playercounts BR games are known for. I'm just not big on the whole, last man standing - shrinking map concept.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
I think Halo Firefight BR would work perfectly well. In my mind here is how it would work.

1. You don't choose where to land but every place is viable.
2. Weapons Don't spawn randomly
3. Power weapons have to be earned by taking on harder AI.
4. Each section of the city gets shut down randomly, kind of like RoE.
5. Loot crate drops are advertised globally, but the same weapons can be earned by your squad taking out AI.
6. Health system would just be Halo 1's system but you need another kind of pick up to start the shield charge process BUT they will recharge after X amount of time still.
7. No armor or add on weapon stuff, just the standard weapon sandbox in a PvPvE City

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
Halo Reach

Should I play this via backwards compatibility or is there a chance it would come to MCC soon?

My only concern is that the resolution of 360 Halo games is shitty sub-720p.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
Halo Reach

Should I play this via backwards compatibility or is there a chance it would come to MCC soon?

My only concern is that the resolution of 360 Halo games is shitty sub-720p.
just play it through BC. we don't know if it's coming to MCC.

either deal with the shitty sub-720p resolution or just keep waiting for something that might never happen.

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
Mission 6 of Halo Reach
Does this game get better? It has very similar gameplay loop to other games. Story is the same "blah blah Covenant air turrets blah blah blah wraiths!!! incoming blah blah blah sarcastic bullshit comments between forgettable generic team members blah blah"

Last edited:

Ryouji Gunblade

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
California
Mission 6 of Halo Reach
Does this game get better? It has very similar gameplay loop to other games. Story is the same "blah blah Covenant air turrets blah blah blah wraiths!!! incoming blah blah blah sarcastic bullshit comments between forgettable generic team members blah blah"
It's a fairly refined Halo campaign, and it stays that way until the end. Though if you dislike Reach's campaign, you might dislike all the Halo campaigns since the types of encounters are essentially built from those that came before, with new abilities. Which did you like the most? There may be a game I can recommend.

Oct 17, 2018
What is the main reason that the last couple of Halo games have been so bad and done so poorly in terms of long-lasting population in your guy's opinion?

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
What is the main reason that the last couple of Halo games have been so bad and done so poorly in terms of long-lasting population in your guy's opinion?

Halo 4 ditched what made Halo MP standout in favor of CODs design principles. The end result was a substandard Halo game, and an also-ran modern shooter.

H5s MP fared much better thanks to reemplementing key halo fundamentals. But the game lacked key social modes, features and systems at launch that would have helped keep people coming back. From a social design perspective,the franchise is way behind the times and way under potential.

I also think H5 is too complicated at the entry level for it to have wide appeal.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Chasing a trend. H4 obviously had a lot of influence from CoD and it saw backlash for it. If I wanted to play CoD, I'd play CoD, and not some Halo wannabe CoD.

Then H5 doubled down again on the formula. Sure, it was an improvement over H4, however they stumbled in a lot of different areas.

-Playlist management was bad (fuck BTB, we have to make money from WZ).

-Highly favoring the competitive side (H5 has the worst social experience in the series).

-Horrible customization. Halo: Reach, a five year old title, had better options.

The series just changed too much trying to stay relevant when it didn't have to. Look at Counter Strike, the series is almost 20 years old and it's still fundamentally the same. They just added little things here and there. H4 and H5 completely changed the way the game is played. Some like the changes and others don't. I don't mind the changes, however, I'd rather have older Halo just more refined.

Last edited:

Ryouji Gunblade

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
California
While classic customization options died a horrible death in Halo 5, I have to acknowledge that they invented some new ones. Custom assassinations and new announcers were good.

Matheulbeuk

Dec 16, 2018
I have hight hope for the Forge in Halo Infinite. I was the best in the series in Halo 5, and with Tom French leading the multiplayer for Halo Infinite, we are in for something really really good.

Oct 25, 2017
I want different armor shaders in infinite personally

It'd be great if the armor shaders and color options were in a proper palette wheel this go-around (and to be fair, this is something none of the Halo games have done well, just with the number of shaders and the bare-bones sorting options of the REQ system it became particularly cumbersome in Halo 5.) Or just broken up into different categories (multi-tone, matte, reflective, etc.)

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
I have hight hope for the Forge in Halo Infinite. I was the best in the series in Halo 5, and with Tom French leading the multiplayer for Halo Infinite, we are in for something really really good.

I know forge will be awesome, but unless the improve the social experience and the discovery system to properly leverage Forge, it'll all be for naught.

Playlist management has been abysmal - its time to empower the content creators and the community.

Oct 25, 2017

Chasing trends, hiring people who didnt like halo to develop the game. kevin Franklin, Josh holmes. Sprint, ADS, warzone.

Halo 4 ditched what made Halo MP standout in favor of CODs design principles. The end result was a substandard Halo game, and an also-ran modern shooter.

H5s MP fared much better thanks to reemplementing key halo fundamentals. But the game lacked key social modes, features and systems at launch that would have helped keep people coming back. From a social design perspective,the franchise is way behind the times and way under potential.

I also think H5 is too complicated at the entry level for it to have wide appeal.
halo 5 botching launch by not having STAPLE GAMETYPES...

Chasing a trend. H4 obviously had a lot of influence from CoD and it saw backlash for it. If I wanted to play CoD, I'd play CoD, and not some Halo wannabe CoD.

Then H5 doubled down again on the formula. Sure, it was an improvement over H4, however they stumbled in a lot of different areas.

-Playlist management was bad (fuck BTB, we have to make money from WZ).

-Highly favoring the competitive side (H5 has the worst social experience in the series).

-Horrible customization. Halo: Reach, a five year old title, had better options.

The series just changed too much trying to stay relevant when it didn't have to. Look at Counter Strike, the series is almost 20 years old and it's still fundamentally the same. They just added little things here and there. H4 and H5 completely changed the way the game is played. Some like the changes and others don't. I don't mind the changes, however, I'd rather have older Halo just more refined.
But forerunner, frankie said ADS on the AR and Autos wouldnt affect the game (e.g. aim assist bullet magnetism) ... that was clearly an untruth.

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017

I would sub complicated for unforgiving. BR games are really complicated with weapons, attachments, classes, drops, etc. but kids eat that shit up because you can wander around getting random loot and still feel like you are doing ok. With Halo 5 it's pretty clear you are getting dunked on as you get perfected off spawn five times in a row.

I finally played a battle royale game (Apex) and I have to say I'm pretty sure that's one of the reasons it's so popular: it's pretty easy to feel like you aren't losing, until you do, and then you just start a new game.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Infinite needs a leveling/progression system that will keep casuals in. idk how because of the dynamic of how the game works with weapons though.

for example i keep playing cod even though i unlocked the weapon i wanted (finally) but i still see myself wanting to uinlock more camo just because. also i dont get into sweaty mattches and if i quit im not penalized since its very casual. i just jump in whenever and play and leave whenever i want.

this is probably going to be hard with halo though. To have a separate pool of "rank" players and those who just want to jump into halo's sandbox hoping not to be obliterated by very good players.

Social slayer died right? :(
which eventually just evolved to Super Fiesta .. but even then there is no progression system to look forward to.

In all i am eager to see what system they implement for unlocks, progression and how their playlists will be set up to cater to Very good halo players and those who just want to jump in hoping not to get destroyed or penalized if they want to quit a game.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Just have the ranking system from H5 and the progression system from Reach. Reach had the coolest fucking ranks. They made you want to keep playing to get them. H5 SR were lame af, nobody cared about some numbers.

HaloReachRankTable.png

Oct 25, 2017
Infinite needs a leveling/progression system that will keep casuals in. idk how because of the dynamic of how the game works with weapons though.

for example i keep playing cod even though i unlocked the weapon i wanted (finally) but i still see myself wanting to uinlock more camo just because. also i dont get into sweaty mattches and if i quit im not penalized since its very casual. i just jump in whenever and play and leave whenever i want.

this is probably going to be hard with halo though. To have a separate pool of "rank" players and those who just want to jump into halo's sandbox hoping not to be obliterated by very good players.

which eventually just evolved to Super Fiesta .. but even then there is no progression system to look forward to.

In all i am eager to see what system they implement for unlocks, progression and how their playlists will be set up to cater to Very good halo players and those who just want to jump in hoping not to get destroyed or penalized if they want to quit a game.
No more CoD shit

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
Chasing trends, hiring people who didnt like halo to develop the game. kevin Franklin, Josh holmes. Sprint, ADS, warzone.

But forerunner, frankie said ADS on the AR and Autos wouldnt affect the game (e.g. aim assist bullet magnetism) ... that was clearly an untruth.

Josh Holmes, I swear the moment I saw his face I knew he was trouble. The way he talked and his vision for Halo. I am surprised none at MS saw that. Creative director my ass.

343 needs someone like him:
tumblr_nix0wct49m1r36jpso1_500.gif

Showing the Chief face, H4, etc etc etc

Aa1c.gif

Do what Ramsey does when he sees something so wrong.

Can you imagine that ? LMAO
Employee: Hey, let's do H5 like this!

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Deathman

Oct 25, 2017

You say that, yet Reach's customization and progression were absolutely the most call of duty of the franchise. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Reach's progression system kept the playlists populated and people playing. Hell I hit inheritor at long last last week after finally getting the last couple of matches needed to rank up

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Speaking of ranks. What is everyone's favorite:

Halo 2:

Ranking2.jpg

Halo 3:

latest

Halo: Reach

154682f5f6135e23fe87364651484fb0.jpg

Halo 4:

???
I don't even remember.

Halo 5:

all_halo_5_guardians_multiplayer_arena_ranks_by_smcveigh92-d9ddnta.png

H2 felt the most meaningful to me. However, H3 also a very good system. Reach had the coolest, but they required the most grind and they don't indicate skill level, just playtime (there were some arena ranks, but nobody cared about those). H4, I don't even remember. H5 the skill based ranks were fine, but the progression ranks (SR) were garbage.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Im super salty that Reach isnt in the MCC. Just got a XB1X with gamepass, was all pumped to play all of them again / for the first time (I only played up to ODST on 360) and BAM!

:(

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017

You know I dont disagree with anything here, but even if they had the staple gametypes, i don't think this game would have had much more longevity - because the systems intended to retain interest were all flawed and outdated

The Spartan Rank system - a low effort joke. Grind increasingly excessive amounts of XP in exchange for a number next to your name and some... Emblems... Yay?

The Req system - Access to the items you want is gated behind and RNG grindwall. The promise of being slaughtered by a full Spartan party with deep pockets (and thus an endless supply of good reqs) is a great way to leave a good first impression.

Also, why stop with making the acquisition of cosmetics an unrewarding as possible? Let's also make the cosmetics items mostly undesirable.

Achilles - let's invite the entire community to ignore the gametypes objective and employ the some truly unsportsman behaviors and tactics in the hunt for a rare armor. And let's make the goals so outrageous that this crap goes on for months.

Playlists/Gametypes - let's launch w/o BTB, forge, and with just 3 gametype total. When asked about it prior to launch, let's tell them we'll have weekly rotational Playlists with new gametypes - and hope they don't notice that they are just playing awful variants of the 3 gametypes we launched with.

Let's take forever to update social playlists with popular community content. Let's completely ignore the calls for magnum starts.
I would sub complicated for unforgiving. BR games are really complicated with weapons, attachments, classes, drops, etc. but kids eat that shit up because you can wander around getting random loot and still feel like you are doing ok. With Halo 5 it's pretty clear you are getting dunked on as you get perfected off spawn five times in a row.

I finally played a battle royale game (Apex) and I have to say I'm pretty sure that's one of the reasons it's so popular: it's pretty easy to feel like you aren't losing, until you do, and then you just start a new game.

That's pretty much The difference between complexity and depth in my book. It's great when a game has a lot to learn- depth is great for longevity. But players should be able to have fun and feel successful prior to engaging with deeper systems- and that requires simplicity at basic levels.

In Halo 5, you really aren't shit until you come to grips with the busy control scheme and all the different meters you have manage in your HUD.

Even Warzone, which is squarely targeted at socials, becomes overwhelming to newcomers because it's snowball by design. So experienced players are dominating with complex req strategies and massive inventories while, New players are running around with magnums without a clue.

In BR games, you'll inevitably find some guns, kill some people, and randomly survive for a respectable amount of time before you even start figuring out the nuances.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
I think Reach is alright but having not played it in a while due to it not being in the MCC nothing really seems memorable about it except the bore me to tears first mission of the game. Not only is that mission boring, it even looks boring. And then of course being a fan of the novel I was irked by a whole bunch of stuff and some things not being explained (like why Kat's shields can't protect her from a needle rifle shot) just annoyed me.
Also what they did to the brutes was cruelty.
Uphill both ways is a sick track, though.

Matheulbeuk

Dec 16, 2018
I think Reach is alright but having not played it in a while due to it not being in the MCC nothing really seems memorable about it except the bore me to tears first mission of the game. Not only is that mission boring, it even looks boring. And then of course being a fan of the novel I was irked by a whole bunch of stuff and some things not being explained (like why Kat's shields can't protect her from a needle rifle shot) just annoyed me.
Also what they did to the brutes was cruelty.
Uphill both ways is a sick track, though.

If i remember right, the lore reason is that the glassing beam caused shock wave, which deactivated Kat 's shield. After that, the radiation coming off the glassing keep stopping the shield from reloading.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
If i remember right, the lore reason is that the glassing beam caused shock wave, which deactivated Kat 's shield. After that, the radiation coming off the glassing keep stopping the shield from reloading.
ya Ive heard that before but when I played the game there was no discussion so I just thought "so they just forgot she had energy shields"
Wasn't until years later that I figured out why. Should have had a piece of dialogue in there explaining it.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
You know I dont disagree with anything here, but even if they had the staple gametypes, i don't think this game would have had much more longevity - because the systems intended to retain interest were all flawed and outdated

The Spartan Rank system - a low effort joke. Grind increasingly excessive amounts of XP in exchange for a number next to your name and some... Emblems... Yay?

The Req system - Access to the items you want is gated behind and RNG grindwall. The promise of being slaughtered by a full Spartan party with deep pockets (and thus an endless supply of good reqs) is a great way to leave a good first impression.

Also, why stop with making the acquisition of cosmetics an unrewarding as possible? Let's also make the cosmetics items mostly undesirable.

Achilles - let's invite the entire community to ignore the gametypes objective and employ the some truly unsportsman behaviors and tactics in the hunt for a rare armor. And let's make the goals so outrageous that this crap goes on for months.

Playlists/Gametypes - let's launch w/o BTB, forge, and with just 3 gametype total. When asked about it prior to launch, let's tell them we'll have weekly rotational Playlists with new gametypes - and hope they don't notice that they are just playing awful variants of the 3 gametypes we launched with.

Let's take forever to update social playlists with popular community content. Let's completely ignore the calls for magnum starts.

That's pretty much The difference between complexity and depth in my book. It's great when a game has a lot to learn- depth is great for longevity. But players should be able to have fun and feel successful prior to engaging with deeper systems- and that requires simplicity at basic levels.

In Halo 5, you really aren't shit until you come to grips with the busy control scheme and all the different meters you have manage in your HUD.

Even Warzone, which is squarely targeted at socials, becomes overwhelming to newcomers because it's snowball by design. So experienced players are dominating with complex req strategies and massive inventories while, New players are running around with magnums without a clue.

In BR games, you'll inevitably find some guns, kill some people, and randomly survive for a respectable amount of time before you even start figuring out the nuances.

This.
WZ was alright when it first launched. I liked it.
And the Achilles armor happened. It turned into a farming simulator. People kept quitting the game for being farmed. I mean who's idea to lock it behind kills? It was bound to happened. And having people spawn outside the core just so they get killed right of the spawn. Or joining a game where all cores are open. WOW. It was a shit show. It's like none at 343 test these things before launching them. No quality testing.

And the weapon updates. Who the fuck puts a bayonet into every weapon? It's basically a sword.

And the wasp. One of the most idiotic decisions. An air craft at level 3 with NO counter weapon. Kudos. My friends used to give up the cores and spawn wasp and slaughter the whole team.

With each update they ruined the flaw of the game type. Each and every update.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of ranks. What is everyone's favorite:

If we are talking about EXP ranks, then a mix between Halo 3's and Halo: Reach's ranks. If we are talking about competetive ranks, then probably Halo 5.

I dislike the exponential EXP unlock system in Halo: Reach and 5, though. Like, look at this:

Halo 5 Spartan Ranks and total EXP required:

SR - Starting XP - Reward
1 - 0 - Nothing
2 - 300 - SR 2 Pack, containing BR and Elementary Emblem
3 - 3,600 - SR 3 Pack, containing SAW certification and Knot Emblem
4 - 6,600 - SR 4 Pack, containing Links Emblem
5 - 10,700 - SR 5 Pack, containing SMG and Builder Emblem
6 - 13,700 - Rank Up Pack
7 - 17,500 - Rank Up Pack
8 - 22,500 - Rank Up Pack
9 - 28,500 - Rank Up Pack
10 - 37,000 - SR 10 Pack, containing Principle Emblem
11 - 41,000 - Rank Up Pack
12 - 47,000 - Rank Up Pack
13 - 54,500 - Rank Up Pack
14 - 63,500 - Rank Up Pack
15 - 74,500 - SR 15 Pack, containing Killer Bee Emblem
16 - 87,000 - Rank Up Pack
17 - 101,500 - Rank Up Pack
18 - 118,000 - Rank Up Pack
19 - 137,000 - Rank Up Pack
20 - 160,000 - SR 20 Pack, containing Stealth Emblem
21 - 167,000 - Rank Up Pack, Rank Up Pack Improved
22 - 176,000 - Rank Up Pack
23 - 187,500 - Rank Up Pack
24 - 201,000 - Rank Up Pack
25 - 217,000 - SR 25 Pack, containing Patch Emblem
26 - 236,000 - Rank Up Pack
27 - 258,000 - Rank Up Pack
28 - 282,500 - Rank Up Pack
29 - 310,000 - Rank Up Pack
30 - 340,000 - SR 30 Pack, containing Avian Emblem
31 - 349,500 - Rank Up Pack
32 - 361,500 - Rank Up Pack
33 - 376,500 - Rank Up Pack
34 - 394,000 - Rank Up Pack
35 - 414,500 - SR 35 Pack, containing Celestial Emblem
36 - 438,000 - Rank Up Pack
37 - 464,000 - Rank Up Pack
38 - 493,000 - Rank Up Pack
39 - 525,500 - Rank Up Pack
40 - 562,000 - SR 40 Pack, containing ODST Emblem
41 - 574,000 - Rank Up Pack, Rank Up Pack Improved
42 - 589,000 - Rank Up Pack
43 - 607,500 - Rank Up Pack
44 - 629,000 - Rank Up Pack
45 - 654,000 - Rank Up Pack
46 - 682,000 - Rank Up Pack
47 - 713,500 - Rank Up Pack
48 - 748,500 - Rank Up Pack
49 - 786,500 - Rank Up Pack
50 - 828,000 - SR 50 Pack, containing Navy Emblem
51 - 873,000 - Rank Up Pack
52 - 922,000 - Rank Up Pack
53 - 975,500 - Rank Up Pack
54 - 1,035,000 - Rank Up Pack
55 - 1,100,000 - Rank Up Pack
56 - 1,115,000 - Rank Up Pack
57 - 1,135,000 - Rank Up Pack
58 - 1,155,000 - Rank Up Pack
59 - 1,180,000 - Rank Up Pack
60 - 1,210,000 - SR 60 Pack, containing Army Emblem
61 - 1,245,000 - Rank Up Pack
62 - 1,280,000 - Rank Up Pack
63 - 1,320,000 - Rank Up Pack
64 - 1,365,000 - Rank Up Pack
65 - 1,415,000 - Rank Up Pack
66 - 1,465,000 - Rank Up Pack
67 - 1,520,000 - Rank Up Pack
68 - 1,580,000 - Rank Up Pack
69 - 1,645,000 - Rank Up Pack
70 - 1,720,000 - SR 70 Pack, containing ONI Emblem
71 - 1,735,000 - Rank Up Pack
72 - 1,755,000 - Rank Up Pack
73 - 1,780,000 - Rank Up Pack
74 - 1,810,000 - Rank Up Pack
75 - 1,845,000 - Rank Up Pack
76 - 1,885,000 - Rank Up Pack
77 - 1,930,000 - Rank Up Pack
78 - 1,975,000 - Rank Up Pack
79 - 2,025,000 - Rank Up Pack
80 - 2,080,000 - SR 80 Pack, containing Fireteam Osiris Emblem
81 - 2,140,000 - Rank Up Pack
82 - 2,205,000 - Rank Up Pack
83 - 2,275,000 - Rank Up Pack
84 - 2,355,000 - Rank Up Pack
85 - 2,440,000 - Rank Up Pack
86 - 2,465,000 - Rank Up Pack
87 - 2,490,000 - Rank Up Pack
88 - 2,520,000 - Rank Up Pack
89 - 2,555,000 - Rank Up Pack
90 - 2,595,000 - SR 90 Pack, containing Blue Team Emblem
91 - 2,640,000 - Rank Up Pack
92 - 2,690,000 - Rank Up Pack
93 - 2,745,000 - Rank Up Pack
94 - 2,805,000 - Rank Up Pack
95 - 2,870,000 - Rank Up Pack
96 - 2,940,000 - Rank Up Pack
97 - 3,015,000 - Rank Up Pack
98 - 3,095,000 - Rank Up Pack
99 - 3,180,000 - Rank Up Pack
100 - 3,270,000 - SR 100 Pack, containing Ratio Emblem
101 - 3,300,000 - Rank Up Pack, Rank Up Pack Improved
102 - 3,335,000 - Rank Up Pack
103 - 3,375,000 - Rank Up Pack
104 - 3,420,000 - Rank Up Pack
105 - 3,470,000 - Rank Up Pack
106 - 3,530,000 - Rank Up Pack
107 - 3,595,000 - Rank Up Pack
108 - 3,665,000 - Rank Up Pack
109 - 3,740,000 - Rank Up Pack
110 - 3,820,000 - Rank Up Pack
111 - 3,905,000 - Rank Up Pack
112 - 3,995,000 - Rank Up Pack
113 - 4,090,000 - Rank Up Pack
114 - 4,200,000 - Rank Up Pack
115 - 4,320,000 - SR 115 Pack, containing Signal Emblem
116 - 4,355,000 - Rank Up Pack
117 - 4,395,000 - Rank Up Pack
118 - 4,440,000 - Rank Up Pack
119 - 4,495,000 - Rank Up Pack
120 - 4,555,000 - Rank Up Pack
121 - 4,620,000 - Rank Up Pack
122 - 4,690,000 - Rank Up Pack
123 - 4,765,000 - Rank Up Pack
124 - 4,845,000 - Rank Up Pack
125 - 4,935,000 - Rank Up Pack
126 - 5,025,000 - Rank Up Pack
127 - 5,120,000 - Rank Up Pack
128 - 5,220,000 - Rank Up Pack
129 - 5,330,000 - Rank Up Pack
130 - 5,475,000 - SR 130 Pack, containing Noise Emblem
131 - 5,520,000 - Rank Up Pack
132 - 5,575,000 - Rank Up Pack
133 - 5,640,000 - Rank Up Pack
134 - 5,710,000 - Rank Up Pack
135 - 5,790,000 - Rank Up Pack
136 - 5,880,000 - Rank Up Pack
137 - 5,980,000 - Rank Up Pack
138 - 6,085,000 - Rank Up Pack
139 - 6,200,000 - Rank Up Pack
140 - 6,325,000 - Rank Up Pack
141 - 6,460,000 - Rank Up Pack
142 - 6,615,000 - Rank Up Pack
143 - 6,800,000 - Rank Up Pack
144 - 7,050,000 - Rank Up Pack
145 - 7,750,000 - SR 145 Pack, containing Kindred Emblem <-----This is where I'm at after 20 days worth of playtime. Played almost daily for about ~10 months.
146 - 9,000,000 - SR 146 Pack, containing Cognate Emblem
147 - 11,050,000 - SR 147 Pack, containing Slumber Emblem
148 - 14,000,000 - SR 148 Pack, containing Awake Emblem
149 - 18,000,000 - SR 149 Pack, containing Sentient Emblem
150 - 24,000,000 - SR 150 Pack, containing Warden Emblem
151 - 35,000,000 - SR 151 Pack, containing Guardian Emblem
152 - 50,000,000 - SR 152 Pack, containing Mantle Emblem

Both Inherritor and SR152 require soooooo much EXP. Also, why does it end with SR152 and not with SR150 in Halo 5? What's so special about 152?

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
This.
WZ was alright when it first launched. I liked it.
And the Achilles armor happened. It turned into a farming simulator. People kept quitting the game for being farmed. I mean who's idea to lock it behind kills? It was bound to happened. And having people spawn outside the core just so they get killed right of the spawn. Or joining a game where all cores are open. WOW. It was a shit show. It's like none at 343 test these things before launching them. No quality testing.

And the weapon updates. Who the fuck puts a bayonet into every weapon? It's basically a sword.

And the wasp. One of the most idiotic decisions. An air craft at level 3 with NO counter weapon. Kudos. My friends used to give up the cores and spawn wasp and slaughter the whole team.

With each update they ruined the flaw of the game type. Each and every update.

I think that in trying to balance in inherently unbalanced concept (people spending money to randomly improve their arsenal) , Warzone became too complex. With all the variables at play I imagine it became difficult to understand how the meta would evolve once it reached market. Then, when you through a "hand-grenade" like Achilles into the mix - it incentivizes nasty behaviors that I'm sure testers were never compelled to exhibit.

I just think 343 needs A better understanding of social behaviors and needs to do a better job designing around that - in terms of gametype offerings, progression, UGC, and matchmaking. Failures in these areas are why Halo5 suffered as a social game - not because of too much focus on competitive, the common scape goat.

Even the ranking system was half-baked. It was a great way to get people to hop in and do their placement matches at the beginning of a season then never touch arena again. Where's the decay to keep people engaged? Where's the bonuses to motivate people to get better?

Last edited:

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017

With more interesting cosmetic items, they could use a COD-style progression system.

I suggest going back to reach's approach with the various armor peices, but with various shades and damage skins to apply. they could also throw voice announcers and vehicle/weapon skins and vanity effects into the mix.

Last edited:

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
My issue with WZ was they didn't account for the power creep. WZ at launch was very different compared to six months to a year later. Launch WZ was actually really fun. Not that many players had reqs, so when you used one it felt impactful and you had to use it at the right moment so you don't lose it. Like if you saw someone with a Nornfang, everyone would be trying to kill them, so they could take it. It was fun. The longer the game was out the more reqs players got and the more that were released. Like when everyone is just calling in Nornfang, who gives a fuck anymore. The game just turned into what team had more high tier and late game reqs to spam. Oh it's not p2w because you have to get your req levels first, yeah like that made a fucking difference. It was fucking p2w at the end especially with things like the Wasp.

Then fucking Achilles made this even worse. They turned a casual mode into a full on pub stomp. Let me grab my whole fucking clan, so we can kill randoms over and over again for some ugly ass armor.

I know there are players that said, oh WZ isn't supposed to be balanced. That's the dumbest shit I ever heard. It's still a mode in a competitive FPS, there should be some sense of balancing.

That's why I'm annoyed they neglected BTB for this crap mode just so they could make more money.

Ok I'm done. Fuck WZ.

Last edited:

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
With more interesting cosmetic items, they could use a COD-style progression system.

I suggest going back to reach's approach with the various armor peices, but with various shades and damage skins to apply. they could also throw voice announcers and vehicle/weapon skins and vanity effects into the mix.
yeah i think there is a lot of potential, i still remember when they teased voice overs with members from osiris. At least we got a grunt announcer ( i bet it was a push from frankie to do it and give the fans something )

the more i think about it, the endless possibilities are there to ensure that those who want competitive playlists will be satisfied along side with casuals who want crazy effects, announcers, skins and etc. I dont think it's chasing trends but evolving so they can stay relevant and healthy. chasing a trend was implementing sprint, not adjusting mp longevity if anyone wants to think that's what im trying to get at.

on a different subject, doom is one of the most recent fps that doesnt use ads right? great game, amazing fluid and fast paced fun. but there is that mp community? the arena style needs to evolve and i think halo has a chance to do it even better than h5.
I LOVED slayer and absolutely loved the engagements where one right move could get you a reversal or lose the person around the corner. i still have good memories of watching HCS and seeing naded do some outrageous jukes with all of the spartan abilities. my goodness. rip hcs (btw i was never fan of the name, symbol or presentation)

Oct 25, 2017
I think Halo Firefight BR would work perfectly well. In my mind here is how it would work.

3. Power weapons have to be earned by taking on harder AI.
4. Each section of the city gets shut down randomly, kind of like RoE.
5. Loot crate drops are advertised globally, but the same weapons can be earned by your squad taking out AI.
6. Health system would just be Halo 1's system but you need another kind of pick up to start the shield charge process BUT they will recharge after X amount of time still.
7. No armor or add on weapon stuff, just the standard weapon sandbox in a PvPvE City
you would need overshield

also Woof, halo not even in the top 20 for active play

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
yeah i think there is a lot of potential, i still remember when they teased voice overs with members from osiris. At least we got a grunt announcer ( i bet it was a push from frankie to do it and give the fans something )

the more i think about it, the endless possibilities are there to ensure that those who want competitive playlists will be satisfied along side with casuals who want crazy effects, announcers, skins and etc. I dont think it's chasing trends but evolving so they can stay relevant and healthy. chasing a trend was implementing sprint, not adjusting mp longevity if anyone wants to think that's what im trying to get at.

on a different subject, doom is one of the most recent fps that doesnt use ads right? great game, amazing fluid and fast paced fun. but there is that mp community? the arena style needs to evolve and i think halo has a chance to do it even better than h5.
I LOVED slayer and absolutely loved the engagements where one right move could get you a reversal or lose the person around the corner. i still have good memories of watching HCS and seeing naded do some outrageous jukes with all of the spartan abilities. my goodness. rip hcs (btw i was never fan of the name, symbol or presentation)

Yeah. Voice overs are REALLY cool in my book because they let the player customize his/her game w/o impacting anyone else's game.

I think they should go crazy with that. Let me unlock new sounds/effects for headshots/explosions/Spartan chatter etc.

I'd grind whatever Playlist neccisary in order to get "grunt birthday" in matchmaking

let me choose different HUDs, sheild sounds, etc.

And all that would be in addition to armor/Weapon customizations, which everyone would see.

As far as the game needing to "evolve", that verbiage always bothers me because it's typically accompanied by the notion that "abilities" are the only way to evolve. I think evolution can include Spartan abilities if done correctly, but there's no reason to think that there aren't other, better tweaks to be made.

As far as Arena shooters, I think their biggest downfall is that they are so brutally Hard for newcomers. Halo was infact an "evolution" of the genre - Bungie made some key changes to the formula that made it attractive to casuals and hard-core alike.

That's part of the reason I don't think making the controls more complicated via spartan abilities is the way to go...

Last edited:

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

How would you design this exactly? I think part of the fun in BR's is having control over the initial dropping phase and not knowing what loot you're going to find. Static weapon spawns I can imagine being fun knowing what areas of the map you may encounter specific weapons, as in "We're heading into The Pit where the Rocket spawns, heads up on that."

Status
Not open for further replies.