• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say tracking merely running target even with KB/M can be difficult, didn't even consider how hard it would be to keep aim at flying targets....

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say tracking merely running target even with KB/M can be difficult, didn't even consider how hard it would be to keep aim at flying targets....
I was thinking more along the lines of knowing and predicting what the movements of the enemy team are. It's going be nigh on impossible if any player can traverse half the map instantly from nearly anywhere.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Splitgate just isn't fun imo, if you're looking for Halo + Portal it never feels like either and something about the movement and aiming felt really off in the beta imo

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Is there no way to play OG Halo 2 through matchmaking in MCC? Every time I manage to get a classic Halo 2 match going it's "slayer pro" and IMO everyone starting with a battle rifle ruins the flow the original had.

Dec 21, 2017
Is there no way to play OG Halo 2 through matchmaking in MCC? Every time I manage to get a classic Halo 2 match going it's "slayer pro" and IMO everyone starting with a battle rifle ruins the flow the original had.
Is this a joke post?

In case you aren't joking: there is no way to play smg or plasma rifle (shout out waterworks and midship) starts in MM in MCC.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
OG starts in H2 was so bad... it didn't push people into close range. It pushed people to race for the handful of ranged weapons on the map. everyone else became fish in a barrel.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
SMG starts?

tenor.gif

Heretic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Went to the Peterson Automotive Museum last night to check out the Warthog. That thing is HUGE. The Master Chief in the photo is 7'2". Also got to chat with Stinkles and Kiki Wolfkill for a bit. Love that they're so approachable and welcoming to fans.

Edit: Also, the Hololens experience they had there was really cool. Very impressive tech. It was narrated by 343 Guilty Spark. He flies around a digital warthog that overlays on top of the actual warthog and gives you the specs.

Last edited:

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Went to the Peterson Automotive Museum last night to check out the Warthog. That thing is HUGE. The Master Chief in the photo is 7'2". Also got to chat with Stinkles and Kiki Wolfkill for a bit. Love that they're so approachable and welcoming to fans.

Edit: Also, the Hololens experience they had there was really cool. Very impressive tech. It was narrated by 343 Guilty Spark. He flies around a digital warthog that overlays on top of the actual warthog and gives you the specs.

Was a blast meeting you guys last night! I also got to see a few of my favorite cars! Just being in the same company as BTTF for one night was sorta thrilling - and I saw the Destiny Sparrow IRL. Had to explain to some rubes that it was not a Prequels speederbike.

STAR TREK!!!!!

There was another hoverbike on the far wall and I could NOT for the life of me remember where I'd seen it before. It was the robot cop hoverbike from the Chris Pine reboot. I JUST remembered this second.

The cool thing about that exhibit is that they're going to keep updating the tech and code, so the Hololens experience will get smoother and better with increased FOV too.

Heretic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Was a blast meeting you guys last night! I also got to see a few of my favorite cars! Just being in the same company as BTTF for one night was sorta thrilling - and I saw the Destiny Sparrow IRL. Had to explain to some rubes that it was not a Prequels speederbike.

STAR TREK!!!!!

There was another hoverbike on the far wall and I could NOT for the life of me remember where I'd seen it before. It was the robot cop hoverbike from the Chris Pine reboot. I JUST remembered this second.

The cool thing about that exhibit is that they're going to keep updating the tech and code, so the Hololens experience will get smoother and better with increased FOV too.
Great event. Can't wait for Halo Outpost Discovery in August!

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great event. Can't wait for Halo Outpost Discovery in August!

There's going to be a lot of cool stuff, but I guarantee one of the number one questions will be, "WHY AIN'T THIS VR THING A TWELVE HOUR LONG AAA VR EXPERIENCE AND WHY COULDN'T I HAVE SNIPERS AND A PRO PIPE?"

The number two question will be, "ZOMG UR A DREAMBOAT AND ARE SO MUCH TALLER AND HOTTER IRL, WILL YOU SIGN MY DÉCOLLETAGE?" And I will say, "Certainly sir, if you could just pat it dry with a towel so the Sharpie doesn't run"

Heretic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There's going to be a lot of cool stuff, but I guarantee one of the number one questions will be, "WHY AIN'T THIS VR THING A TWELVE HOUR LONG AAA VR EXPERIENCE AND WHY COULDN'T I HAVE SNIPERS AND A PRO PIPE?"

The number two question will be, "ZOMG UR A DREAMBOAT AND ARE SO MUCH TALLER AND HOTTER IRL, WILL YOU SIGN MY DÉCOLLETAGE?" And I will say, "Certainly sir, if you could just pat it dry with a towel so the Sharpie doesn't run"
LOL!

HTupolev

Oct 27, 2017
What still burns me about that is if they left off timestamps and two lines of dialogue basically all the problems save the Cortana/PoA stuff were wiped away. The amount of "I don't care" Bungie threw at that and then had Nylund write Halsey's Journal to go with it boggles.
I wasn't paying attention to the timestamps on my first time through, and I thought the game took place over four days or so.

When I learned what the actual timeline was, I was left scratching my head.

Oct 17, 2018
I didn't think people who preferred AR/SMG starts in Halo games actually existed. Playing Eldewrito recently and you can really tell the bad players apart since they just run at you with ARs while they get gunned down with the BR.

Eldewrito actually sucks so bad though. Hitscan BR feels shit because it's so OP it isnt even fun. Can literally 4 shot across the map with it.

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Bungie thought that without longer campaign, there'd be no space for tactical operations like the stealth pylon sabotage?
I mean, short time scale implies that the Covies smash orbital defenses, quickly check some points of interested at best, and then proceed on orbital bombardment. It would make for somewhat frantic and underwhelming game. There'd be no time for counterattack operations, not to mention them being somewhat dubious against overwhelming firepower. With longer campaign, you get a feel that planetary invasion isn't so simple, and that the humans have a chance, indeed the human attack on Spires almost worked, as did the Long Night of Solace operation.
And there's that Bungie's vision is that the Covies were first and foremost infiltrating and looking for Forerunner artifacts, so short exploration and bombarding the planet to oblivion would run contrary to their initial objective.

Looking at Reach alone, we can figure that the Covies sneaked in, went looking for stuff, and prepared for invasion later on. Then these Spartan clowns reveal the invasion so they just go "fuck it" and call some reinforcements.
Or perhaps it was one of those Covenant internal politics fuckups: Team A is looking for relics, then Team B barges in and starts bombarding everything.

Either way, i will say that i do like Bungie's vision for Reach more than Nylund's. But some stuff they did still feels unnecessary.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Eldewrito actually sucks so bad though. Hitscan BR feels shit because it's so OP it isnt even fun. Can literally 4 shot across the map with it.

It really makes me wonder how 343 will handle m/kb for MCC and more importantly Halo: Infinite on PC. Not only is it a balancing issue between using m/kb vs. gamepad, but the weapon sandbox issue where everything was designed with gamepad in mind.

i actually did surprisingly well in Destiny 2 with a gamepad on PC, so maybe there's still hope.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Bungie thought that without longer campaign, there'd be no space for tactical operations like the stealth pylon sabotage?
I mean, short time scale implies that the Covies smash orbital defenses, quickly check some points of interested at best, and then proceed on orbital bombardment. It would make for somewhat frantic and underwhelming game. There'd be no time for counterattack operations, not to mention them being somewhat dubious against overwhelming firepower. With longer campaign, you get a feel that planetary invasion isn't so simple, and that the humans have a chance, indeed the human attack on Spires almost worked, as did the Long Night of Solace operation.
And there's that Bungie's vision is that the Covies were first and foremost infiltrating and looking for Forerunner artifacts, so short exploration and bombarding the planet to oblivion would run contrary to their initial objective.

Looking at Reach alone, we can figure that the Covies sneaked in, went looking for stuff, and prepared for invasion later on. Then these Spartan clowns reveal the invasion so they just go "fuck it" and call some reinforcements.
Or perhaps it was one of those Covenant internal politics fuckups: Team A is looking for relics, then Team B barges in and starts bombarding everything.

Either way, i will say that i do like Bungie's vision for Reach more than Nylund's. But some stuff they did still feels unnecessary.

I mean, Nylund wasn't writing a game, he was writing a novel. His take on Reach was awesome, but wasn't inherently good for telling a story via a game.

I played the game before reading the book, so as my first experience with that conflict it, it was more than serviceable, but Fall of Reach provided a superior narrative.

I think it would have been really cool if Bungie structured Reach more like ODST- showingcasing the various battles from the novel, and creating some specifically for the game. This way the conflict for have been just as short as the novel suggested, but there would still be enough game to play.

Oct 17, 2018
It really makes me wonder how 343 will handle m/kb for MCC and more importantly Halo: Infinite on PC. Not only is it a balancing issue between using m/kb vs. gamepad, but the weapon sandbox issue where everything was designed with gamepad in mind.

i actually did surprisingly well in Destiny 2 with a gamepad on PC, so maybe there's still hope.
Sniper is extremely broken on PC, unless Eldewrito just makes it easier or something. There's no real counterplay to the sniper, on consoles you can just shoot the person using the sniper and it'd immediately become 10x harder for them to hit you since their aim will jerk when being brought out of zoom and no-scoping is a last resort since it really isn't too accurate. But on PC, you can no-scope so easily and even if you get shot at while in zoom, you're reticle will remain in the exact same place so you can immediately just shoot people.

Last edited:

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Sniper is extremely broken on PC, unless Eldewrito just makes it easier or something. There's no real counterplay to the sniper, on consoles you can just shoot the sniper and it'd immediately become 10x harder for them to hit you since their aim will jerk when being brought out of zoom and no-scoping is a last resort since it really isn't too accurate. But on PC, you can no-scope so easily and even if you get shot at while in zoom, you're reticle will remain in the exact same place so you can immediately just shoot people.
There's nothing which can really be done to nerf the sniper on PC other than completely reworking the gun.

The balancing factor on console is the lack of aim assist when out of scope. Obviously there's no aim assist on PC so there's functionally little to no difference between aiming the sniper and aiming a BR.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, Nylund wasn't writing a game, he was writing a novel. His take on Reach was awesome, but wasn't inherently good for telling a story via a game.

I played the game before reading the book, so as my first experience with that conflict it, it was more than serviceable, but Fall of Reach provided a superior narrative.

I think it would have been really cool if Bungie structured Reach more like ODST- showingcasing the various battles from the novel, and creating some specifically for the game. This way the conflict for have been just as short as the novel suggested, but there would still be enough game to play.
It definitely wouldn't have made a good game, but they weren't telling the stories of MC and the Spartan-IIs anyhow so there wasn't much potential overlap to *need* to conflict.

Ultimately the timescale feels bad to me because it doesn't really matter to the characters. It doesn't feel like these characters spent a month fighting, and we don't learn anything more from that experience.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I understand Halo Reach PC taking a while, but why are the public flights for Xbox taking so long?

jem

Oct 25, 2017
I understand Halo Reach PC taking a while, but why are the public flights for Xbox taking so long?
I'm pretty sure I read/heard somewhere that the issue is down to how they're going to handle the flights themselves rather than the game.

So things to do with analytics, data, who should be in the flights etc.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm genuinely excited to see what Infinite looks like in terms of art style at E3. If it looks more like Halo 3/H2A as compared to H4/H5 that will go a long way in terms of the game being a return to form.

Also will they show anything multiplayer related in terms of an arena shooter or will they focus on whatever is new about the game.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
I'm genuinely excited to see what Infinite looks like in terms of art style at E3. If it looks more like Halo 3/H2A as compared to H4/H5 that will go a long way in terms of the game being a return to form.

Also will they show anything multiplayer related in terms of an arena shooter or will they focus on whatever is new about the game.
They'll most likely show some big new mode.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They'll most likely show some big new mode.
8v8 Coagulation CTF, followed by 4v4 1-Flag on High Ground, both remade in Infinite. People will go crazy that BTB is back on dev-made maps, as well as one-sided objectives.

But then......

At the end of the conference they'll reveal that the maps were actually made with Forge Infinite, a fully realized and vastly expanded successor that rivals developer tools for the community.

w/ AI scripting
And the actual ending will have an Elite growling at the screen with the monitor above him

Status
Not open for further replies.