• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
They really should have waited longer to announce MCC PC.

LOL, I was thinking this just now watching Snipedown play H3 and was about to say the exact same thing.

All the hype feels gone. So fucking dumb to announce it as early as they did.

And to think I thought it was a possibility they were gonna drop a "OUT NOW!" bombshell on us. I just continue to be disappointed by them.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
And to think I thought it was a possibility they were gonna drop a "OUT NOW!" bombshell on us. I just continue to be disappointed by them.
Well that's on you and everyone else that thought that because Apex did it a month earlier and suddenly people thought it was common place.

Oct 17, 2018
Holy shit flightings aren't even gonna begin before E3. What a clusterfuck.
92839636838b67cc1d08db00d6f4eb30.png

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who praised Halo 5 for the first two years I gotta say I hope Infinite just throws everything it introduced in the trash. Done with all this "advanced mobility"

Game is impossible to return to. Can't believe they made the br unusable with that unnecessary patch.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Oh it's not even that bad, the flight > release schedule is probably pretty quick too. I can wait until June/July as long as it's good quality I am in

jem

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who praised Halo 5 for the first two years I gotta say I hope Infinite just throws everything it introduced in the trash. Done with all this "advanced mobility"

Game is impossible to return to. Can't believe they made the br unusable with that unnecessary patch.
How is the BR unusable?

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Oh it's not even that bad, the flight > release schedule is probably pretty quick too. I can wait until June/July as long as it's good quality I am in
This is my hope, since it's taking longer maybe the gaps between flights and release as well as subsequent games will be shorter.

Terin

Oct 31, 2017
Y'all, it's been 8 years and 7 months between the release of Reach on 360 and this announcement. Having to wait 2 months for them to get it right is nothing compared to that previous gap.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Y'all, it's been 8 years and 7 months between the release of Reach on 360 and this announcement. Having to wait 2 months for them to get it right is nothing compared to that previous gap.

They shouldn't have even mentioned that it would possibly be ready end of April. It gets expectations up and every day it isn't out fans get upset. They need to stop overselling and just say it will be ready when it's ready.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Just to be clear, are they going to only be flighting the MP portion of Reach? Or will they flight the campaign as well? Because I feel they should do the campaign, since htey'll want to test the netcode for co-op, right?

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just to be clear, are they going to only be flighting the MP portion of Reach? Or will they flight the campaign as well? Because I feel they should do the campaign, since htey'll want to test the netcode for co-op, right?
I believe they've said there will be flighting for all aspects. Though what the first flight will test is unknown.

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017
If they didn't say anything or were super cagey, people would complain about how opaque they are being.

There is no winning with this sort of thing. However, I much prefer disappointing but truthful updates over a brick wall of marketing garbage.

DarkLancer

Alt account
Banned
Apr 18, 2019
Hey guys, I had someone from a shop tell me that a serial number for one of my products was relevant to Halo. The serial number is BCMS343. I think he said not just BCMS was Halo but 343 was as well. Can someone explain the significance? I don't play Halo but I'm just curious.

Or maybe it was a completely different game he was talking about. I'm pretty sure it was Halo though.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC

I don't think I'd mind crouch sliding staying in and evolving

otherwise, I still think they should add power weapons that have mobility features, like a grapple hook or something

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Hopped on MCC with a friend and started searching btb. It took so long to find a game that it kicked us out due to "idling" and he got temp banned for 5 minutes.

The idling system is awful.

Last edited:

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, I had someone from a shop tell me that a serial number for one of my products was relevant to Halo. The serial number is BCMS343. I think he said not just BCMS was Halo but 343 was as well. Can someone explain the significance? I don't play Halo but I'm just curious.

Or maybe it was a completely different game he was talking about. I'm pretty sure it was Halo though.

343 Guilty Spark is a character in the Halo universe (an ancient alien AI thing... sort of), and the division of Microsoft in charge of the franchise is named after him/it, 343 Industries.

I don't know about "BCMS," MS could be Microsoft but BC I have no idea. Maybe some lore nerd knows (fuchsdh )

Oct 25, 2017
343 Guilty Spark is a character in the Halo universe (an ancient alien AI thing... sort of), and the division of Microsoft in charge of the franchise is named after him/it, 343 Industries.

I don't know about "BCMS," MS could be Microsoft but BC I have no idea. Maybe some lore nerd knows (fuchsdh )
They're probably just talking about the 343. Unless it's some super obscure weapon stuff the BCMS stuff isn't any specific Halo fallout.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently they want us to keep wiggling our thumbsticks while waiting 5+ minutes for a match.

Simulating an intense 1vs1 battle, in order to not get banned. That's definitely a new (and kinda funny) one. lol :D

In all seriousness, though... You should probably send this to someone at 343i. Postums might be your best bet.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda forgot E3 is around the corner....

Now my Anxiety is fever pitch. I expect some extreme reactions to whatever is shown... Like, it'll either be the best thing ever or the worst thing ever.

I'm not ready.

I need a barn leak to temper my expectations

Green

Oct 27, 2017
The only thing I expect is that whatever 343i shows, we won't know it until the last few seconds of the trailer. They love their Sakurai-esque twists.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking forward to the Engine talk, because that's something that they confirmed for E3.

Not sure what else to expect, seeing as how Halo: Infinite is most likely a 2020 title and they never revealed that much 1 1/2 years prior to launch in the past.

Last edited:

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking forward to the Engine talk, because that's something that they confirmed for E3.

Not sure what else to expect, seeing as how Halo: Infinite is most likely a 2020 title and they never revealed that much 1 1/2 years prior to launch in the past.

If they show a sexy engine and sexy UGC tools, they'll win me over

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017

i think you are referring to what Bonnie Ross said? my interpretation of that was that the lead engine guy would be at e3 talking about the engine - likely to press. i didnt take that to mean that thats what they'd be showing - another engine demo. i expect at least a sp and/or mp trailer.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017

They already showed the engine demo last year, so they'll have more than that. I'm expecting a full trailer with information about when the multiplayer beta will start.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
I think they'll show off a good bit of the game. It'll be alpha gameplay with emphasis on graphics, AI, and scope.

Then after E3 I can't wait for the ViDocs and The Sprint. Those are the best hype generators for launch.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
If they show a sexy engine and sexy UGC tools, they'll win me over

That's pretty much the question that I want to have answered. Doesn't need to be at E3, but I just want to know what kind of improvements we can expect.

i think you are referring to what Bonnie Ross said? my interpretation of that was that the lead engine guy would be at e3 talking about the engine - likely to press. i didnt take that to mean that thats what they'd be showing - another engine demo. i expect at least a sp and/or mp trailer.
They already showed the engine demo last year, so they'll have more than that. I'm expecting a full trailer with information about when the multiplayer beta will start.

Don't really want to go into E3 with high expectations, so I'm just looking forward to what has been confirmed. That's all.

No doubt that whatever they will show be interesting either way.

I think they'll show off a good bit of the game. It'll be alpha gameplay with emphasis on graphics, AI, and scope.

Then after E3 I can't wait for the ViDocs and The Sprint. Those are the best hype generators for launch.

Hope they'll do ViDocs and/or The Sprint again. Really love these insights into development. Might actually rewatch a couple of those prior to E3.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just reread the definitive edition of First Strike, fuck how I wish this was the TV show first season. So many iconic engagements, action, character moments and a real showcase of what made players/EU fans in the first place. Excited for E3, hope they balls out show a lot of Halo, not just a trailer another words.

Status
Not open for further replies.