• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I live no where near Mexico, pick focused MM and yet match exclusively against Mexicans. Fix your shit 343i.

Edit: Now that I changed to expanded I'm playing players closer to my rank and in America. Focused completely broken confirmed.

Edit 2: Nevermind, played onyx/diamond team from South America.

hrmmm, interesting...

i notice on balanced i match mostly with american sounding folk, so that's 100% good to go.

on expanded i'm typically playing brits or mexicans... which makes sense [and which is why i avoid it].

[i'm in the canadian pacific northwest by the dubs]

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else experience a moment where the game acts normal then all of sudden it acts like it's on fast forward?

Deleted member 2171

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Invasion as a big, flagship mode would actually be an interesting way of justifying the parallel sandboxes they're trying to maintain now.

Invasion has so much overhead to implement and that was the Reach version that had cut functionality like vehicle purchasing. Even forging for that mode was a pain in the ass. So many moving parts and each phase is technically trying to forge $PHASE_COUNT number of maps and each map has to inherit the space of the previous one and somehow still work.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
Well, this hashtag has a purpose I guess. What was his role @343? Tester from the Pro Team?

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, this hashtag has a purpose I guess. What was his role @343? Tester from the Pro Team?
In the early days, the proteam as such didn't exist for much longer after launch (eventhough people like to put blame on them, but those people are mostly dumb and have no clue) he was later in the sandbox team.

Not surprised he went, and the hashtag absolutely has a meaning.
He streamed sometimes while being at 343 and he often vented how shitty Riptide is and more. Was happy to have somebody on there who would be even vocal about stuff he doesn't like.. not like others who seem to drink the kool aid nonstop

jem

Oct 25, 2017
I find it hard to believe that someone would air their grievances about the company they've been working at for the past four years with a twitter hashtag on the day they leave.

Seems just a bit unprofessional to me.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think there is any grievances against 343 in this tweet. 4 years is actually a really long time in a company when you're in your twenties (I think he is?), as myself a designer, I didn't stay more than 2 years in every companies I worked with, and I was leaving because I wasn't interested anymore in the direction where that company was looking forward. But for him, it could just be because 4 years is the right time to look at something else to do.

Maybe this hashtag is just his to say he is not a fan of were Halo is heading, whatever it is. Or maybe that's just a love letter to classic Halo because we all know it won't comeback anytime soon. Or we're just looking too far.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think there is any grievances against 343 in this tweet. 4 years is actually a really long time in a company when you're in your twenties (I think he is?), as myself a designer, I didn't stay more than 2 years in every companies I worked with, and I was leaving because I wasn't interested anymore in the direction where that company was looking forward. But for him, it could just be because 4 years is the right time to look at something else to do.

Maybe this hashtag is just his to say he is not a fan of were Halo is heading, whatever it is. Or maybe that's just a love letter to classic Halo because we all know it won't comeback anytime soon. Or we're just looking too far.
Exactly.

There's no point reading into that tweet.

Unless he says something else, I'm gunna go with it doesn't mean anything.

All that said, I'm pretty sure H6 isn't going back to classic gameplay anyway.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
MLG is awesome, that tweet from Neighbor not so much.

I really hope it's not some indicator he was in a meeting where they had a blueprint of Halo 6 and he just peaced out.. could be nothing, though. 4 years and moving on...

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
No way they're going back to classic Halo after so many said Halo 5 was the best playing Halo in years. I don't mind sprint as much as others, but I kind of wish they would return to a more classic approach just to see if it brought people back.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
No way they're going back to classic Halo after so many said Halo 5 was the best playing Halo in years. I don't mind sprint as much as others, but I kind of wish they would return to a more classic approach just to see if it brought people back.
I could maybe see them drop sprint, maybe.

I can't see thrust going anywhere though.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
I don't see 343 dropping Thruster, Clamber, neither Sprint, for Halo 6.

What I can see coming is BR as the main utility weapon, magnum as a secondary, Spartan Charge being dropped, Ground Pound being tweaked to not be as powerful as it is right now (aka not giving away a kill even if you hit a player) and map design being adjusted to make Sprint less necessary.

OP
OP
Poodlestrike

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Thruster is one ability I definitely want to keep. I think there's also room for Clamber (though maps should definitely be less focused around it) Hover, Ground Pound, and Smart Scope without really stretching the envelope of what "classic Halo" is. Spartan Charge should really just go, Sprint should probably go.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
If I had to pick 1 thing to retain it'd be Thruster, groundpound is fun too. I do not like smart scope and would prefer the classic scope a lot more.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Spartan charge would be okay if they removed all auto aim and magnetism.

That would make it really easy to dodge and effectively discourage sprint melees.

SCHUEY 117

Oct 25, 2017
I like thrusters and ground pound for sure.

Also regarding that tweet I think he was stupid to add that hashtag.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
If they wanted to go full classic they actually have a perfect way to explain it lore-wise saying Cortana shut down all their suit powers or some shit.

Oct 25, 2017
The only mechanic I don't really care about returning and which I think losing makes the least different is clamber. Just tweak elevations slightly and you're done.

Oct 25, 2017
Naaaaah, clamber makes movement so much smoother.

I mean if I go back to earlier Halos I find myself missing jumps constantly until I'm reacquainted with it, but I was never a person having major issues with jumps or crouch jumps in previous games, even via a default controller config. Especially with slide jumps and the like clamber feels like gilding the lily and removing a chance for me to shoot in a way that bothers me much more than sprint.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
I mean if I go back to earlier Halos I find myself missing jumps constantly until I'm reacquainted with it, but I was never a person having major issues with jumps or crouch jumps in previous games, even via a default controller config. Especially with slide jumps and the like clamber feels like gilding the lily and removing a chance for me to shoot in a way that bothers me much more than sprint.
Missing jumps isn't the issue. Its just vertical is no where near as smooth in older Halos. In 5 you csn practically glide upwards.

I would like them to make it so you can shoot whilst clambering though.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe neighbor meant that classic Halo is returning and decided to spoil it on the way out ;]

Maybe him leaving 343 has nothing to do with that.
Yeah, over time I've come to be indifferent towards clamber. I used to like it, but now I wouldn't mind seeing it go.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Thrust is cool, but the 4second recharge is too long for an ability you are essentially required to use to win fights.

It's like you'll win your 1v1 but now your a sitting duck because you can't dodge cleanup grenades for 4 seconds- which is am eternity.

Like clamber, they need to design the game such that it's truly optional.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
I get why people wouldn't mind if Thruster was a default ability for Halo now, but as for myself, I find to it annoying to use and to be used against. From the fact that it is mostly required due to the way the sandbox is balanced to the way magnetism works (on Halo 5 at least), you can't not use it or you're at a disadvantage, and for people using Bumper Jumper without a pro controller, it makes so you have to leave your thumb from the joystick... Which is was I was using BJ at first: to never have to leave my thumbs from the joystick.

Stick Thruster as a second jump action and throw away clamber.

Wonder what this is referring to. Neighbor's tweet?

Well, if it is, that passive-agressive reaction might be the most unprofessional thing I've ever seen from someone working at 343, so I will hope it absolutely wasn't targeting Neighbor's tweet.

belushy

Oct 25, 2017
I get why people wouldn't mind if Thruster was a default ability for Halo now, but as for myself, I find to it annoying to use and to be used against. From the fact that it is mostly required due to the way the sandbox is balanced to the way magnetism works (on Halo 5 at least), you can't not use it or you're at a disadvantage, and for people using Bumper Jumper without a pro controller, it makes so you have to leave your thumb from the joystick... Which is was I was using BJ at first: to never have to leave my thumbs from the joystick.

Stick Thruster as a second jump action and throw away clamber.

Well, if it is, that passive-agressive reaction might be the most unprofessional thing I've ever seen from someone working at 343, so I will hope it absolutely wasn't targeting Neighbor's tweet.

Same. Pretty unprofessional by him if it is towards Neighbor. Sad to see.

Haruko

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I feel like it must be in regards to something else and not Neighbor's tweet. The timing of it just feels weird though

Deleted member 2171

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't think that tweet is about Neighbor

meanwhile the community keeps promoting posts from someone that promoted talk of physical harm to 343 employees and fucked up shit about the women that worked there sooooooooooooooo yeah

TotalSellout

Oct 25, 2017
Redmond, WA
Since folks are going to read whatever they'd like into intentionally vague tweets I just want to say my Twitter post had nothing to do with Mason's.

I was out wine tasting with my wife today and overheard someone saying bad things about their manager at a video game company here in the Seattle area. This industry is small.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017

meanwhile the community keeps promoting posts from someone that promoted talk of physical harm to 343 employees and fucked up shit about the women that worked there sooooooooooooooo yeah
Yeah, the Halo community can be really dumb sometimes.

Since folks are going to read whatever they'd like into intentionally vague tweets I just want to say my Twitter post had nothing to do with Mason's.

I was out wine tasting with my wife today and overheard someone saying bad things about their manager at a video game company here in the Seattle area. This industry is small.

People reading into Mason's tweet and yours subsequently is rather silly.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017

But...but what about my 343doomed posts!?

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
People reading into Mason's tweet and yours subsequently is rather silly.
It may have been silly, but it was certainly fair. Like David said, this industry is small and his tweet was made within the same day as Neighbor's tweet, so with their obvious connections I don't think it was an outlandish thing to discuss.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Your refering to multilockon or whatever? Yeah that guy and his supporters are toolbags!

Status
Not open for further replies.