• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
5w7lr2O.jpg

Whoever designed this and I would say 90% of the armors in 5 needs a promotion. Such a logical head transformation into the future.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
5w7lr2O.jpg

Whoever designed this and I would say 90% of the armors in 5 needs a promotion. Such a logical head transformation into the future.

should have been named sybian

not sure what that vibrating vibrator seat actually looks like, but i could see it looking similar to this horseshit of a helmet

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
should have been named sybian

not sure what that vibrating vibrator seat actually looks like, but i could see it looking similar to this horseshit of a helmet

I can actually say it's the worst I've ever seen in games. H5 in particular had very ugly armors.

On top of that, they gave you more version of the same monstrosity.

As if it's wasn't enough that they were hideous, here are more of it lol.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The sad part is every time you think of H5 armor that's one of the first ones that come to mind. It's so bad it overshadows everything.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
The sad part is every time you think of H5 armor that's one of the first ones that come to mind. It's so bad it overshadows everything.

Nah, Imo The armors were pretty much ugly. Except for copies from the original games. Even Noble 6 got the ugly treatment.

And Achilles armor looks Like it came from a robo anime crossover.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I'm still annoyed by their Helioskrill decision. Here is an exclusive armor (that looks good imo) that you get by completing all of MCC on Legendary. Then they turn around and release a different "variant" (I put variant in quotes because all they did was change some patterns on it) a few months after launch that anyone can get. Talk about a slap in the face.

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm seeing a ton of YouTubers uploading videos. No way those 100 invites were randomly sent lol. Test flight..., Right.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still annoyed by their Helioskrill decision. Here is an exclusive armor (that looks good imo) that you get by completing all of MCC on Legendary. Then they turn around and release a different "variant" (I put variant in quotes because all they did was change some patterns on it) a few months after launch that anyone can get. Talk about a slap in the face.

I anticipate a very different approach to cosmetic item distribution going forward.

The "quite ethical and quite fun, surprise mechanics" will give way to the joy of earning coveted items through accomplishment. And the practice of slapping a few strokes of paint on common items will give way to delivering stand out content

Deleted member 55421

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 29, 2019

Don't really think anything is wrong with that.

Me either. Like it or not, game streamers are now just as important as the regular marketing is for a game. If you're not associating yourself with big streamers, then you're not putting all the chances on your side.

Lucky for halo, there's a few big streamers out there that are anxious to play halo on PC namely shroud, ninja and Dr. disrespect to name a few.

This is a good thing.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
It was literally one mission. Nothing to try to hack or get upset about. lol

Last edited:

Dan8589

Banned
May 30, 2019
Is there any problems with MCC lately? Everytime I load it up and attempt social or competitive I get a never ending message about contacting server to get data. I've reinstalled etc but nothing works, so frustrating.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Most content creators have beastly rigs, so they probably have that covered. They probably are looking at older hardware more.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not bothered about missing out on this flight since it was just Tip of the Spear. Not even a good level.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not bothered about missing out on this flight since it was just Tip of the Spear. Not even a good level.
based off what they were talking about in one of their preview streams for the level, they chose it because its a broad cross-section of halo gameplay, rather than being devoted to any one specific thing. its also pretty much all action, none of the heavy scripting like the beginning of the first level.

in that context its a great level for testing, but the fact that levels like it are so rare in the reach campaign is part of why i ended up kind of cool on it in general. (besides the ending, which is dope)

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Also I was looking for my favorite Halo 5 original helmet and I think they're all bad. All the helmets I like are from other games.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure this flight is largely for testing the flight setup itself rather than the game.

IIRC a lot of the reasons for the delays were making sure they could correctly distribute the flight builds and get information.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
this has nothing to do with what anyone is talking about right now, but looking at the header for this thread gave me a bizzare craving for a QUOP style flash game about mister chief walking over endless default green hills backgrounds and trying to keep his balance

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I want the Halo 3 variants of Rogue and Scout to be back. Really don't like any of their new iterations.

As far as original Halo 5 helmets go... I only really like Raijin.

Are they testing co-op too or just the singleplayer?

I imagine they will want to test many scenarios.

As for now, the next flight is being refered to as FireFlight, so this could actually support co-op. Not sure, though.

darthbob

One Winged Slayer
Nov 20, 2017
I want the Halo 3 variants of Rogue and Scout to be back. Really don't like any of their new iterations.

As far as original Halo 5 helmets go... I only really like Raijin.

I imagine they will want to test many scenarios.

As for now, the next flight is being refered to as FireFlight, so this could actually support co-op. Not sure, though.
Sure hope they test Firefight, the synchronous network model needs to go, Reach on 360 online PvE was a lagfest.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 17, 2018
Holy shit the next test still isn't actual matchmaking multiplayer? The fuck happened to the whole "sooner than you think" release? At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't release till like October or some shit.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Alright everyone I think I see the poll trending off and frankly Im not sure it will pick up steam again, so Ill do a breakdown

350 Completions

Not quite the turnout I hoped for, but its a long survey and clearly alot of people didnt feel like clicking/tapping through all of it. Getting 2000 people to do the Map Bracket spoiled me I think, but that was casting a large net, either way, good job yall! Thanks!

Top 50

LY3pJSc.jpg

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Bottom 50

VMu5NsM.jpg

Notable results (imo)

* I think some people must have filled it out incorrectly, because 66% for the top result seems skewed low, but theres no way to confirm
* Mk V ALPHA getting half the votes of all other MK helmets, PROOF IT SUCKS!!
* Noble Team helmets really resonated with folks
* Athlon way undervauled (only 22%)
* Cant believe Wrath is #1, horrible imo. Not sure if that was from Reddit or Waypoint but that was a distinct trend in the survey after we all did it

Known Issues

* "Challenger - 74 votes" and "Protector - 40 votes" are the same helmet, oops. The former is HCS themed.
* I dont think theres a difference from Mk VI Gen 1 & Mk VI, Maybe there is?
* Olive is not present.

Last edited:

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
the flavor text for the wrath helmet is hilarious. ONI techs painstakingly recreating one dude's edgelord scribblings

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Wrath is really stupid. Why would you scratch up your own visor and limit your visibility? To look cool!

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
honestly dude, thats one of my flat out biggest problems with Halo 5.

That right there, that gameplay clip is infuriating. Because I feel the same way so often, like I just cannot hit an enemy
wait how is that a problem exclusive to h5? no armor abilities were being used there outside of one thrust before the fight really started. it was all default move speed juking.

Status
Not open for further replies.