• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
huh. so the base movement speed in halo 5 IS faster than 3, for example?
just the whole game is faster, but that situation in particular happens to me alot. My entire Halo career 2-4 I have been a 1.25 KD player, and in 5 Ive never been that good, the gameplay style doesnt mesh with my strengths. Its superlative, just not for me.
I am particularly susceptible to really quality strafers with high movement speed and it makes me so mad lol

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
just the whole game is faster, but that situation in particular happens to me alot. My entire Halo career 2-4 I have been a 1.25 KD player, and in 5 Ive never been that good, the gameplay style doesnt mesh with my strengths. Its superlative, just not for me.
I am particularly susceptible to really quality strafers with high movement speed and it makes me so mad lol
i was under the impression the speed of base movement and strafing was comparable to halo 2 or 3 in 5, maybe a bit slower actually. that's the only reason i bring it up.

tho i have heard conflicting reports, and it seems like some people account for the increased map sizes in their calculations which makes them kinda inaccurate

NutterB

Oct 27, 2017
Nila and Opivy are just getting old and are not ready to admit its affecting their Halo skills. :p

I need to play some H3 Throwback.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
... and yet this kept happening

we are saved now tho

DLQq4_5Z63Kv5_oi3xFPcD8kRYA5RPYeQrBpWUcZ1dw.png

glorious
Good helmet, but what were they thinking with that armor design. Separate pieces of armor loosely placed around your undersuit.

Now look at what we have for Infinite:

Look at how every piece feels connected on Master Chief's armor. One cohesive suit of body armor.

And now to Master Chief in Halo 5:

Pieces of body armor placed on top an undersuit. I'm just hoping this is a thing of the past.

Helmet was cool though, hopefully it's in multiplayer.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Good helmet, but what were they thinking with that armor design. Separate pieces of armor loosely placed around your undersuit.

Now look at what we have for Infinite:

Look at how every piece feels connected on Master Chief's armor. One cohesive suit of body armor.

And now to Master Chief in Halo 5:

Pieces of body armor placed on top an undersuit. I'm just hoping this is a thing of the past.

Helmet was cool though, hopefully it's in multiplayer.
honestly the halo 2 and 3 suits had the exact same problem as the 4 and 5 ones. It always looked like an armored crop top and space diaper over a skintight black suit.

The way the Infinite undersuit has clear armoring on it and feels cohesive with the main armor plating in Infinite is something unmatched by any spartan armor design since Halo 1.

It's really a fantastic look that I think should appeal even to people who had no issue with halo 4 and 5's armor. There are a lot of other really subtle touches in there that make it look much more sleek and advanced tech-wise than the original Mark VI it's clearly mainly inspired by, while also feeling heavy and tank-like.

BTW, the Halo 5 version of MC's armor did a much better job at making the techsuit look well-integrated and the armor (pauldrons especially) feel solidly attached
kyle-hefley-chief-page-01.jpg

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Nila and Opivy are just getting old and are not ready to admit its affecting their Halo skills. :p

I was TRYING to not have to admit that

I did turn a massive
last week tho

what were they thinking with that armor design. Separate pieces of armor loosely placed around your undersuit.

we know the answer to that bud, its because they needed every single piece of armor to be instantly swappable and infinitely customizable in game to sell req cards :)

But I will accept any argument that includes posting the images of Chief from Infinite again, because truly it is the best the series has ever seen

fake edit: also for people who skip to last page, I posted the results of the Helmet Smash or Pass survey

350 Completed Surveys

Top 50

LY3pJSc.jpg
Bottom 50

VMu5NsM.jpg

Notable results (imo)

* I think some people must have filled it out incorrectly, because 66% for the top result seems skewed low, but theres no way to confirm
* Mk V ALPHA getting half the votes of all other MK helmets, PROOF IT SUCKS!!
* Noble Team helmets really resonated with folks
* Athlon way undervauled (only 22%)
* Cant believe Wrath is #1, horrible imo. Not sure if that was from Reddit or Waypoint but that was a distinct trend in the survey after we all did it

Known Issues

* "Challenger - 74 votes" and "Protector - 40 votes" are the same helmet, oops. The former is HCS themed.
* I dont think theres a difference from Mk VI Gen 1 & Mk VI, Maybe there is?
* Olive is not present.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
I was TRYING to not have to admit that

I did turn a massive
last week tho

we know the answer to that bud, its because they needed every single piece of armor to be instantly swappable and infinitely customizable in game to sell req cards :)

But I will accept any argument that includes posting the images of Chief from Infinite again, because truly it is the best the series has ever seen
well, they kind of didn't actually make the armor modular and swappable like that, tho! just sayin :p

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Legionnaire is just good enough to not be selected by the trolls, but so bad the serious voters didn't select it either.

Also no love for Tracker :'(

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Goblin is seriously underrated.

Stinger deserves to be higher than 9% as well.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017

i AM getting old, but i still got it. being right 1 out of 2 aint bad, especially for you nutter!

just an off battle i thought i'd share. we all choke from time to time. actually originally clipped it because of "bullshit lag". oops LOL

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
i AM getting old, but i still got it. being right 1 out of 2 aint bad, especially for you nutter!

just an off battle i thought i'd share. we all choke from time to time. actually originally clipped it because of "bullshit lag". oops LOL

Literally 3/4 of my clips are from Blackout or R6 being like "HOW IN THE FUCK DID I MISS THAT GUY, I SWARE TO GOD I SHOT HIM DEAD IN HIS FACE"

*watches clip*

.. yeah nvm he moved right before I shot lol

Legionnaire is just good enough to not be selected by the trolls, but so bad the serious voters didn't select it either.

Also no love for Tracker :'(

I do find it interesting that all the objectively worst helmets have almost the same amount of votes, definitely felt trolly to me

I'll throw out a vote for Tracker, I def can see why ppl like it. I used it in 4 sometimes.

Man, Goblin is seriously underrated.

Stinger deserves to be higher than 9% as well.

I'm not sure I'm with you for Goblin, I'd have to see it in game again.

But 100% agree on Stinger, hugely underrated.

I can't get over how great Infinite Chief's armor looks.

So much this

jem

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure I'm with you for Goblin, I'd have to see it in game again.

But 100% agree on Stinger, hugely underrated.
I can see why people might not be massive fans of Goblin because it has quite a different style to most Halo helmets. If anything it probably would fit in better in a game like Destiny.

That said, it's certainly not outright ugly unlike a fair few helmets Infront of it. Fucking Seeker is ahead of Goblin, at least Goblin is proportional similar to an actual human head.

I just think it looks pretty unique and a bit menacing.

Deleted member 54292

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 27, 2019
This may have been posted already but this video has me hyped for the modding potential of these games on PC. The cell shaded look at the end with the color saturated looked pretty cool! I disagree with the video OP about the colors being too muted in the base game, thought that look was just right for the tone of Reach.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This may have been posted already but this video has me hyped for the modding potential of these games on PC. The cell shaded look at the end with the color saturated looked pretty cool! I disagree with the video OP about the colors being too muted in the base game, thought that look was just right for the tone of Reach.
I've been wanting a cel-shaded Halo for ages, so this was cool to see albeit not fully realized.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be honest, it looked a little oversaturated to me. Reminded me of CEA's vomit of colors and saturation.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
I know for a fact that 343 has far greater reaching ability to query for and collect user data, so none of this information (if it was even completed properly) should surprise anyone involved with 343, but between this and the Map Bracket, I feel like we did encapsulate some really meaningful data.

I imagine they have all this data already but like man, I hope they "see" it in the way that we do.
Ranked from the bottom, #100 -> #23 is entirely comprised of 343 designs and only 2 of the top 20 are 343 made (17&18, Recruit & Centurion).

I want to be clear, these people are not bad artists in any way whatsoever, they were just either misled, or allowed to go in directions that I believe were not "true to the brand" when composing these new helmet designs.

THAT SAID, I literally could gush about Halo Infinite Chief from now til forever I love it so freaking much, that I could accept absolutely anything at this point and be so enamored with his armor I would let it slide, BUT, I truly do hope he is the real deal sign of a design pivot. I know they have said that publicly many times, and I have no reason to believe they are being disengenous, but as always the proof is in the pudding, 1 7 M O N T H S

Part Deux: This also reigns true for the Map Bracket, I know Blood Gulch winning was a buncha baby back bullshit, and that (Lockout & Midship?) met in the Elite Eight which upset some people, but looking at the engagement with those older maps and how they are still held in such high regard, that counts for something. There wouldnt be such demand for remake playlists if the community did not feverishly want those experiences again. (You could argue the entire existence of the MCC demonstrates this)

Do people want to play remakes forever? (well yeah actually) But I understand you cant put out a game with nothing but remakes, I just hope they tailor the gameplay design to foster the type of more arena based maps that are looked upon most fondly instead of the everything bigger, everything wider, everything longer, everything more sneaky paths, everything more visual busy, etc, etc that I believe Halo 5 maps suffered from.

As much as I love clamber, its inclusion and jet-pack coming into the franchise before it really threw a house-sized wrench in map design.

So Id like to throw out my recommednation for a 343 remake (or ya know invite me over to the studio and Ill throw it together in Forge 2077)

Rats Nest.

Rats Nest is an awesome awesome map that facilitates many different game modes, team sizes, infantry, vehicle, it really has it all. Bring it back.
Also if you play Halo 5 go bookmark my map so I feel happy inside

The changes to Coag in H2A did not improve the map at all, every single map in HCEA saw a huge improvement and modernization, in H2A that did not happen, Certain Affinity dropped the ball.

Dec 21, 2017
I wasn't a fan of the changes made to Prisoner. It feels like a completely different map. It does make it play better for Reach game-play, but it just doesn't feel like prisoner anymore.

Ryouji Gunblade

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
California
I think they improved the hell out of the remakes in HCEA, and didn't improve remakes much at all in H2A. The only remake I recognize in H5 is Haven. Midship is gone.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't a fan of the changes made to Prisoner. It feels like a completely different map. It does make it play better for Reach game-play, but it just doesn't feel like prisoner anymore.
as someone who since first playing Halo CE has long held the idea that Prisoner is my favorite and best map in CE, Im gunna have to disagree with you, the only changes were additional pathways to the very top top floor and small rooms up there. (IMO) That improved map flow and made that floor and actual space for gameplay instead of lonely sniper perches on each side that really didnt have any dynamic purpose.

Someone goes up in sniper hole, might get a kill or two, got bombarded by CE-Era Nuke grenades, rinse and repeat. Those hallways and room addition added for fights to happen through the entirety of the map and easier traversal.

However, If you are talking about playing with Jetpacks, well then theres nothing that can be done, jetpack inherently ruins the prisoner experience.

I think they improved the hell out of the remakes in HCEA, and didn't improve remakes much at all in H2A. The only remake I recognize in H5 is Haven. Midship is gone.

yeah I agree 100%, being able to play the Reach remakes (except Damnation, honestly never been too fond of it) is going to be such a treat when Reach goes to MCC. Also they are all gorgeous, they are really going to look phenomenal.

FATstronaut

Jun 21, 2018
Yj94QGw.png

As a TOP FAN I demand thruster be included in Halo Infinite. Thank you.

Edit: I need that TOP FAN flair yo

Last edited:

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
After looking at all the armor (of which there are 90 unique sets)

they did a pretty damn good job with these, its not interesting enough for another poll, but as opposed to the helmets where if you apply a curve (66%=100%) that means only 25 of them were liked by half of the participants.
{If only 25% of your helmets have an approval rating of over 50%, thats not good.}

However I could easily see a closer to 50/50 split in body sets, easily.

o1cd0ZE.jpg

OP
OP
Poodlestrike

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
After looking at all the armor (of which there are 90 unique sets)

they did a pretty damn good job with these, its not interesting enough for another poll, but as opposed to the helmets where if you apply a curve (66%=100%) that means only 25 of them were liked by half of the participants.
{If only 25% of your helmets have an approval rating of over 50%, thats not good.}

However I could easily see a closer to 50/50 split in body sets, easily.

o1cd0ZE.jpg
I think you'd probably see a lot of 0% votes for armor because "black bodysuits!" but yeah, after the curve, I can see it.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
theres gunna be a forge panel at Outpost apparently... TFTI...

good luck only having names like Wyvern, ducain, etc

youll be missing
proiUVY.png

but whatever, Im not upset or anything, probably just couldnt get through to my agent

im totally kidding

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
We finally released SPV3.2 last night/this morning and had a surprisingly stable launch. I was expecting it to be a shit show as hundreds of people raced to install it, but most had 0 issues with it. Kind of wish I had more time to do stuff with the leap up to it in terms of trailers, but with 17 playable missions, 24 total hours of playtime on heroic and legendary if you aren't trying to speed run, this was a monumental task to get out there.

Trailer

Reviews:

New Mission Previews:

Blairbat

Oct 29, 2017
Sacramento, California
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooot! SPV3.2 looks awesome! Been playen since SPV1 awwww yeah XD Going to give this a playthrough when I get the chance and hopefully that chance is today. I actually had no idea there was anotha version coming out until literally yesterday haha. So yeah...hoooooooray! :D

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
i recall seeing updates for SPV from a long time ago that looked like an entirely new game - new models, new engine, etc. this looks like a mixture of remix/mod of prior halo games + new content very much based on old assets. am i right? looks really cool regardless

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
We finally released SPV3.2 last night/this morning and had a surprisingly stable launch. I was expecting it to be a shit show as hundreds of people raced to install it, but most had 0 issues with it. Kind of wish I had more time to do stuff with the leap up to it in terms of trailers, but with 17 playable missions, 24 total hours of playtime on heroic and legendary if you aren't trying to speed run, this was a monumental task to get out there.

Trailer

Reviews:

New Mission Previews:

That looks crazy! In a good way

Oct 25, 2017

Trailer

Reviews:

New Mission Previews:

Man you've been at it for like 14 years since the hayday of gearbox forums' modding community. Can't believe how much you guys have managed to dig around and upgrade this old game's guts. Huge amounts of work. I'll give it a shot for sure.

Oct 17, 2018
theres gunna be a forge panel at Outpost apparently... TFTI...

good luck only having names like Wyvern, ducain, etc

youll be missing
proiUVY.png

but whatever, Im not upset or anything, probably just couldnt get through to my agent

im totally kidding
I miss some of the people from HaloGAF. Prior to Halo 4s release was good shit when Kyle and people would just shit talk 343.

Status
Not open for further replies.