• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
well. to be honest i havent been myself, but it was featured on that travel channel show when eating at best locations across the country.
i do know its a LOT of bread and their signature thing is that you eat the crust with some "honey" they provide you. looks really good.
I looked it up.

it's Pizza esque but that thing honestly shares more in common with shepherds pie. Might be good, but I'm not going there if I'm craving Pizza

yes I'm a pizza snob

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so what is the best pizza to you? any particular style? im always open to try other styles/combinations etc.
It's gotta be thin

It's gotta have some tomato based sauce and cheese. After that you can fuck it up however you'd like. Spicy Pie (Jalopenos, pepperoni, red pepper flakes baked in) and Supreme are my favorites.

I like some thicker crust stuff on occasion but to be thick crust equates to Pizza Hut/Dominos/Digiornos.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
It's gotta be thin

It's gotta have some tomato based sauce and cheese. After that you can fuck it up however you'd like. Spicy Pie (Jalopenos, pepperoni, red pepper flakes baked in) and Supreme are my favorites.

I like some thicker crust stuff on occasion but to be thick crust equates to Pizza Hut/Dominos/Digiornos.
nice nice. the only place, so far, that i've enjoyed a thicker crust is from old chicago. it's kind of "light" and isnt too bready if that makes sense.so i feel ike there is a good amount of everything in each bite. also, their ale crust is good too. but it has to be baked a little longer so its not soggy on the bottem when having a lot of toppings on it.
italian grinder from old Chicago.

the worst pizza i've tasted is from "REAL GOOD" frozen pizzas. lol tried the califlower crust with pepperoni .. what a mistake

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
Please explain the baffling decision to not have Seattle or Eastside as a destination.

LOL

I dunno what it was but social matchmaking in Reach was AMAZING for the wrong reasons. A group of us from here would go into Squad Slayer/Objective matches and just STEAM roll. Consistently win by 10-15 or more points. That's the whole reason the Oddball Swordbase meme came about. We were matched with such idiots that we could purposely drop the oddball into the middle of sword base while we had maybe like 20 seconds of advantage on it and the enemy team would just blindly rush the objective while we stood above them on the catwalks and balconies and just tossed grenades and DMR fire on them.

The best part was how the stats were organized on bungie.net at the time.

Peep those win streaks and spreads http://halo.bungie.net/stats/reach/playergamehistory.aspx?vc=3&player=Tawpgun&page=25
Someone sure loved abusing broken spawn points...

iluJro8.png

Ryouji Gunblade

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
California
I like my pizza the same way I like Halo-- simple and classic. Throw in vehicles too. Delivery or pick-up it doesn't matter to me.

I like customized pizzas too, but after you nail the fundamentals first.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
I spent alot of Reach saying to my friends in the post game lobby

"... did we just make these people quit Halo?"

We never would delay victory to killfarm, because we didn't want to be jerks, but what are you supposed to do if a team is just THROWING BODIES at you.

Like, I love Halo and I want other people to love it, but I'm not gonna throw a game either..

fake edit: thick pan pizza, cheese with no sauce and a few jalapenos

Last edited:

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
g0o73xr3r2931.gif

Go give this person upvotes

Had a blast, definitely a few minor critical points of feedback, but overall super good.

What the best avenue for me to give feedback that will get to the right eyes and ears?

I didn't mind beta testing, btw hope you got to catch some of the Jen & Steve panel, they were great
Pm me feedback directly if you like! I'll update with a more scaleable solution when I get back to Seattle.
Now's your chance to tell Stinkles that Mk. V (helmet and armor) needs to be in Infinite day 1, nilla.

Don't let him distract you with H5 SWAT CE Pistol clips.

Oct 26, 2017
Just realized how much of a missed opportunity it was to not do a Guardian remake in Halo 5 set on Genesis, I could totally see that location working. Would also have been cool if they were able to slap some Guardians in the background. Not sure how Spartan Abilities would have jived with it, but it's a fun map nonetheless.

Deathman

Oct 25, 2017
God I need some Halo Reach in my life. May have to load up the BC title this weekend and get my invasion on.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
I think its time for Campaign Forge guys. Infinite Halo. That's the only thing the title could mean.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I spent alot of Reach saying to my friends in the post game lobby

"... did we just make these people quit Halo?"

We never would delay victory to killfarm, because we didn't want to be jerks, but what are you supposed to do if a team is just THROWING BODIES at you.

Like, I love Halo and I want other people to love it, but I'm not gonna throw a game either..

fake edit: thick pan pizza, cheese with no sauce and a few jalapenos

It took a long while to convince buddies into not committing Halo war crimes on nubbies. It's for the greater good of the population retention.

Also WTF Nilla at not having sauce? I used to like your forge creations, I'm not so sure now mate. You're in the sin bin for 3 minutes with that call.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I'd just add a bunch of active camo and armor locking elites. Plus throw in some rocket launcher flood around corners.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I think its time for Campaign Forge guys. Infinite Halo. That's the only thing the title could mean.
Omg imagine just Halo Maker. All the assets from every Halo.

This is a feature that would, if implemented correctly, make it without question the best Halo campaign of all time. Because anything disappointing in it could just be fixed. Especially if they REALLY go the extra mile and include everything from past games, so even art styles wouldn't be an issue.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
This is a feature that would, if implemented correctly, make it without question the best Halo campaign of all time. Because anything disappointing in it could just be fixed. Especially if they REALLY go the extra mile and include everything from past games, so even art styles wouldn't be an issue.
If they could do all that my mind would actually die, I'd go into a coma. If we get anything like this it would be a dream come true.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
It took a long while to convince buddies into not committing Halo war crimes on nubbies. It's for the greater good of the population retention.

Also WTF Nilla at not having sauce? I used to like your forge creations, I'm not so sure now mate. You're in the sin bin for 3 minutes with that call.

Its honestly more of a sign of (being way better) that we can end a game as quickly as possible rather than just spawn trap a team with a 2-0 lead for 12 minutes.

and dude, Im just saying, a nice thick cheese disc with some 'penos on it, ohhhhh boy.

You wouldnt put ketchp on a steak right? So why do it on a weird flat piece of bread with cheese sprinkled on it ?!
(.. Ill admit that analogy went out from under me)

The bigger issue here is you saying you USED to like my forge stuff :'(

will this 3 year old sparkling testimonial from jogabonita420 change your mind?

p0DIAvf.png

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
If they could do all that my mind would actually die, I'd go into a coma. If we get anything like this it would be a dream come true.

Even if they don't, campaign Forge is definitely something that the modding community will explore again, if 343i doesn't do it before them. People tend to forget that Forge in campaign missions was already a thing for every Xbox 360-era Halo game that had Forge (only on modded consoles obviously), so there is no doubt that we'll see the same happening again, especially on PC. If you really want to get into these kind of things, you should probably have a capable PC ready, when Halo: Infinite or even Halo: MCC launches on PC, because it's more likely to happen on PC than on console.

Either way, I'm very much looking forward to what people will be able to do. I think we are in for a good time.

Oh no

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Played some MCC at the weekend with various different setups (4v4 slayer/snipers/action sack/griffball, big team slayer/action sack etc) and found matches really quickly. Glad to see it's still working well with Reach on the way! Every match was on the "US East 2" or whatever it's called server though which was disappointing, are there no Euro folk playing on a Sunday night or is everyone chucked into US servers for quick matchmaking now?

Deleted member 20284

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Its honestly more of a sign of (being way better) that we can end a game as quickly as possible rather than just spawn trap a team with a 2-0 lead for 12 minutes.

and dude, Im just saying, a nice thick cheese disc with some 'penos on it, ohhhhh boy.

You wouldnt put ketchp on a steak right? So why do it on a weird flat piece of bread with cheese sprinkled on it ?!
(.. Ill admit that analogy went out from under me)

The bigger issue here is you saying you USED to like my forge stuff :'(

will this 3 year old sparkling testimonial from jogabonita420 change your mind?

p0DIAvf.png

Now there is someone with solid taste, goofball eats Halsey's proverbial dick. Speaking of the game weapons and online latency I mean.

I also put 'penos on everything.

Even if they don't, campaign Forge is definitely something that the modding community will explore again, if 343i doesn't do it before them. People tend to forget that Forge in campaign missions was already a thing for every Xbox 360-era Halo game that had Forge (only on modded consoles obviously), so there is no doubt that we'll see the same happening again, especially on PC. If you really want to get into these kind of things, you should probably have a capable PC ready, when Halo: Infinite or even Halo: MCC launches on PC, because it's more likely to happen on PC than on console.

Either way, I'm very much looking forward to what people will be able to do. I think we are in for a good time.

Yep, just upgraded to a 2700x, NVMe and RTX2070 rig for my somewhat return to PC gaming. Halo and Star Citizen on public release that is.

I really hope 343/xbox embrace Halo like minecraft and PC modding. Share the content, crossplay and watch the community sell the game for you.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
For what purpose? SP or MP? Both?

If for SP... the gameplay is pretty solid outside of Promethean enemies and especially the Warden Eternal. The story isn't solid at all, though, so if you have questions then feel free to ask and I'm sure some of us will try to answer them for you.

If for MP... well... I don't know what you want in your MP games. If you are more the classic type of person, they are having CE, 2 and 3 Throwback Playlists from time to time, with Halo 3 being the current one in rotation and it's actually pretty okay. If you are more the "modern" type of MP person, then Quick Play is the way to start. By far the best maps in that playlist with easy enough rules. Depending on when you play, it can actually take a while to find matches, though.

Either way. Have fun.
If you haven't played a Halo before and want to learn how weapons and vehicles work, including alternate fire modes - Big Team Super Fiesta. If you want to lock in the headshot meta, Slayer and SWAT will teach you how to think about stick control and mobility. If you want to play Campaign first it'll teach you a lot of that stuff too, but I think people want the Warden Eternal fight to be harder and more repetitive so I'm thinking maybe we make you fight him six times.

I'm playing a little bit of everything everyday, but once the campaign is done I probably won't revisit it unless I find someone to co-op it. There's a weird issue with the dialogue audio during cutscenes that I'm not sure about how to resolve. I haven't played Halo since Reach, so everything still feels weird since there's been some fairly drastic changes to the mechanics. Not sure where I'll settle in for multiplayer, but I've mostly been a 4v4 Slayer kind of person in the past.

I tried to use Forge for a bit, but the sheer breadth of options put me off after struggling with the new controls for about an hour. I'll have to dedicate a day to just that at some point.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooot! SPV3.2 looks awesome! Been playen since SPV1 awwww yeah XD Going to give this a playthrough when I get the chance and hopefully that chance is today. I actually had no idea there was anotha version coming out until literally yesterday haha. So yeah...hoooooooray! :D
Man you've been at it for like 14 years since the hayday of gearbox forums' modding community. Can't believe how much you guys have managed to dig around and upgrade this old game's guts. Huge amounts of work. I'll give it a shot for sure.
First off, thank you both for following my and the teams work for so many years. It's literally been half my life I been tinkering with this stuff and the ambition behind each projects only grows in scale. You gusy will recognize some things from SPV1 that actually make a return in this version, specifically in the Lumoria missions.
i recall seeing updates for SPV from a long time ago that looked like an entirely new game - new models, new engine, etc. this looks like a mixture of remix/mod of prior halo games + new content very much based on old assets. am i right? looks really cool regardless
We take a lot of inspiration from across the halo univese, let it be games, books, comics, toys, and in some cases, cut content. The cut content and ideas are always the most fascinating stuff to me, as you can get an idea of "what could have been".
That looks crazy! In a good way
Hopefully this time you can download it and tell us how bad or not badly we implimented sprint ;)

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are you talking Joy Love burger in Katy/Houston???

Best burgers in town hands down! They are the ultimate underrated gem.
Yep, we had one open up near willowbrook when I lived in the area.

Gotta go eat there with one other person so you can split the fries. One of those burgers and an order of fries is enough food for 2 weeks.

In Halo related news, this is likely a hot take but I LOVED Rift or whatever it was called. The throwing/scoring ball game in Halo 4.

Bring that back.

Last edited:

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
In Halo related news, this is likely a hot take but I LOVED Rift or whatever it was called. The throwing/scoring ball game in Halo 4.

Bring that back.

Ricochet, and yes it's an absolute travesty they didn't bring it back. Because you cannot designate a specific zone to exclusively accept throws/running goals it makes it a hassle.

Oddly enough there is scoring based on throwing versus running (which is why my basketball game works) but it would be nice to have the ability for separate goals again like in 4.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
First off, thank you both for following my and the teams work for so many years. It's literally been half my life I been tinkering with this stuff and the ambition behind each projects only grows in scale. You gusy will recognize some things from SPV1 that actually make a return in this version, specifically in the Lumoria missions.

We take a lot of inspiration from across the halo univese, let it be games, books, comics, toys, and in some cases, cut content. The cut content and ideas are always the most fascinating stuff to me, as you can get an idea of "what could have been".

Hopefully this time you can download it and tell us how bad or not badly we implimented sprint ;)
sprint in SP probably won't bother me much. I do hope to get my hands on it soon. :)

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ricochet, and yes it's an absolute travesty they didn't bring it back. Because you cannot designate a specific zone to exclusively accept throws/running goals it makes it a hassle.

Oddly enough there is scoring based on throwing versus running (which is why my basketball game works) but it would be nice to have the ability for separate goals again like in 4.
Wait, does Halo 5 have a throwing mechanic?

Deleted member 20284

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I just want to see a half time one in a million Spartan-worthy throwing competition to win a Warthog. Maybe some ironman-esque bikini dancing on the side, perhaps that H3 trio of Johnson to throw people off.

FATstronaut

Jun 21, 2018
We're already tinkering with ways to make lines shorter and add little content and experience adjustments and tweaks for the remaining venues, so it will continually evolve into a "sweet spot" - and frankly the fan feedback this weekend was extraordinarily helpful - those guys are directly improving the experience for Philly and Houston etc.
Awesome! I'll be at the Houston event!

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.