• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlightlyLive

QA
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Northern Ireland
I really hope we see the Halo Online content elsewhere.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
Any good flythroughs/galleries of the Halo Online maps? I'm not CIS and never got into the Doritoworld stuff.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Depends how close the engines are to each other I'd assume? Might be impossible for that reason. Which game gets the maps? Halo Online is like a mix of Halo 3 and H2A it seems.
I thought Halo Online was a slightly modified Halo 3 so I would assume they would work it into that game somehow.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
Correct me if there are better examples but Sanctuary might be the single best DLC map in the series.

There are launch maps that can compete with it but I can't think of a single DLC map (that wasn't a remake of a beloved original) that has been that classic.
No, you're right. I was honestly excited when they said it was gonna be part of Forge World, then was disappointed by how grey and boring the ONLY palette on the ONLY Forge canvassas was. Such a missed opportunity.

Anton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Halo Online is ODST code base, but the ED guys had already figured out how to port Halo 3 maps into that without source code so I don't think the port houses on MCC would struggle much with it

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly just see Tempest as a good BTB map, tbh.

EDIT: Also, since they already remade Haven in Halo 5, they should remake Exile for Infinite. Focus test this idea now, Stinkles, or I'll besmirch Edinburgh to all my friends!
They're too busy working on the GOAT BTB maps in Avalanche and Longshore remakes. Sorry.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
also this forge remake of it is ugly as hell

i think (nvm I forgot) has the best one for this game

Pretty sure whoever had the lead, just downloaded the 1st version they came across, because I have also seen much better versions of it arround that time.

There are probably even better versions by now, considering all the assets/pieces that 343i added to Forge and I should probably check out some maps again.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
who wanna make a tourny and the winner of the bracket goes 1v1 vs me in halo 5 on REGRET?
"cuz yew gun reGrat you eva went agains me"

k, thnx. see you losers later

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
One thing I'd like for MCC is the ability to Load up every main menu. I like the MCC menus just fine, but find myself missing just loading up the old Main Menus

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
July 25: Halo 2 BR Slayer

"Halo 2 BR Slayer" should have Halo 2 maps in it

Halo Infinite hopes & dreams:
#1: Make it easier to get forge maps into matchmaking
#2-#100: Whatever is best for the game
#101: get my own map into matchmaking *cue 80's workout montage*

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope we see the Halo Online content elsewhere.

Damn I wish...

Hey old HaloEra pals, long time no see.

While I'm still super happy that the MCC is being ported to PC I have to say it takes a little bit too long for my liking, 343 kinda struggles to keep any Hype alive. :(

Hope everything else is well. Any Halo Novels that are recommended and newer? After the Travis trilogy and Bear trilogy nothing grabbed me sadly.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
Firefight Demo at Gamescom, which is roughly in a month. Wonder if Flighting Insiders will get the chance to test it before that?

Thought it was just going to be Tip Of The Spear?

We are currently planning to be at Gamescom this August to show off our Halo: Reach PC E3 Demo to our biggest European fans and players. Since the team is hard at work on the upcoming FireFlight build, we wanted to leave them to it and not pull them away from important matters. That said, we know that there are still plenty of you who have yet to go hands on with this Tip of the Spear Demo, and we're happy to be bringing it to you in Germany.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Hey old HaloEra pals, long time no see.

While I'm still super happy that the MCC is being ported to PC I have to say it takes a little bit too long for my liking, 343 kinda struggles to keep any Hype alive. :(

Hope everything else is well. Any Halo Novels that are recommended and newer? After the Travis trilogy and Bear trilogy nothing grabbed me sadly.

Hallo Fremder.

Thought it was just going to be Tip Of The Spear?

WTF did I read earlier today? My bad... lol

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
I just hope it ships with a properly robust offering, building off of that Halo 5 now has available. I'm not a forger, but I love playing on others maps - however, early Halo 5 creations which still circulate MM can be a bit simple and visually bland.
Yeah I hope the devs don't make maps in forge and have it in a playlist as an official map. No thanks on that again.

But I'll gladly play user created forge maps!

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Yeah I hope the devs don't make maps in forge and have it in a playlist as an official map. No thanks on that again.

But I'll gladly play user created forge maps!
Yeah, the reliance on Dev made forge maps was odd.

Oh Halo 5 BTB.... (Side note: I recently played a remixed version of Standoff in Halo 5 BTB MM, and I quite liked it - the changes to the map and layout are a definite improvement IMO)

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Yall are gunna summon woke nokyard with all this talk of launch btb maps.

Not ideal at the least, but hey hopefully everyone learned lessons

NOKYARD

Oct 25, 2017

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017

:'( but I love you Dad

Edit: I'm certainly not criticizing, I think everyone knows it was rushed, not ideal circumstances. Atleast that won't happen with Infinite since I know you're already in studio every weekend helping out

So, who keeps lists of awesome Forge maps to check out in Halo 5? Maybe NOKYARD or nillapuddin?

Doesn't matter if it's remakes, race maps, fun maps and etc. I just want to check out some maps. Haven't done that in a while.

I don't at present, and unfortunately like I've spoke to in the past, even though it's easier than ever to find map content, it's increasingly difficult to find the actual super good stuff. That comes with any saturated market I suppose.

I think forgehub has ways to filter like most downloaded or highest rated though I think? Although not the best system, I think you'll find some gems

Last edited:

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I still feel like 343 should have kept competitive play for H5 alive until Infinite released, or at least for 2019.

Cutting off your current game 2 years before the next game is strange.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
I still feel like 343 should have kept competitive play for H5 alive until Infinite released, or at least for 2019.

Cutting off your current game 2 years before the next game is strange.
Especially since they've done only a single official H3 event this entire year. Why end the H5 HCS if they weren't actually going to support MCC esports in a meaningful way? Because a handful of grassroots events that don't get promotion on any of their official channels and have pretty meager prize pools is not support.

Status
Not open for further replies.