• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Stinkles in the thread for the news said they would be talking more about its place in canon "soon" (I smell a canon fodder), and previously showrunners said they would stick to the canon as close as possible, but would play a bit looser on things like age, race, and gender depending on having the right actor/actress for the job.
I think it's best to assume it's gonna play fast and loose with canon. MCU to the comics, as it were.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they put Halo Wars 2 on Steam at some point. The game deserves a wider audience.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
So, I just realized something.

When the first MCC PC announcements were made, I was riding high on a 1080 TI, able to run anythign on highest settings without a sweat. And I accidentally destroyed it :(

So now I'm running on a GTX 1050, a modest GPU that does the job I need it to for most of my games atm, but is a major downgrade from what I had before.

Will I be able to play Reach at highest settings with this new, weaker GPU?

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
So, I just realized something.

When the first MCC PC announcements were made, I was riding high on a 1080 TI, able to run anythign on highest settings without a sweat. And I accidentally destroyed it :(

So now I'm running on a GTX 1050, a modest GPU that does the job I need it to for most of my games atm, but is a major downgrade from what I had before.

Will I be able to play Reach at highest settings with this new, weaker GPU?

I'd say it's mostly dependent on the resolution you're going to be using. That being said, you'll probably be fine, the game is almost a decade old.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Depends on the timeline and how strict to canon they wanna go I suppose.

Its gotta be before Reach right? considering thru are introducing more, previously unnamed Spartan IIs.

Anyway, I'm pretty stoked about the characters announced so far - Halsey, Parangosky, and Soren being featured makes me think we're headed for some excellent, morally grey, drama.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Its gotta be before Reach right? considering thru are introducing more, previously unnamed Spartan IIs.

Anyway, I'm pretty stoked about the characters announced so far - Halsey, Parangosky, and Soren being featured makes me think we're headed for some excellent, morally grey, drama.
OH SHIT, Soren-066.... I hoped for a long time they'd do something with him.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Man what a bummer. I'd love to play some competitive H3 but as I'm level 1, I can't find a game. Meanwhile people in my friendslist at level 50 have no issue finding games. Anyway to get around this?

Oct 25, 2017

I know people want aliens, but frankly given the realities of how much it costs to bring the Covenant to life using them as the background for "the real monsters are man"-type moral quandaries and character interplay seems like the smartest choice.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I know people want aliens, but frankly given the realities of how much it costs to bring the Covenant to life using them as the background for "the real monsters are man"-type moral quandaries and character interplay seems like the smartest choice.

I agree.. I think Pre-Reach or Post H4 would be the perfect setting since the UEG and UNSC never couldn't be bothered to stop screwing outer colonies - regardless of what the covenant the covenant was upto.

Last edited:

Granadier

Nov 4, 2018
When did they mention that Reach's customization was gonna be using the UE4 engine?

edit: Nevermind, I found it back in their May update

Last edited:

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017

nah just make it so they're active camoed all the time. Sound effects in post for EZ alien vibes

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine going an entire season without the Covenant, or even in very limited capacity, only for the show to be canceled before its second season.

Let's be honest, we're lucky we're even getting this damn show in the first place, so I say go big right off the bat. None of this "Covenant cameo, Covenant in the shadows, Covenant as season cliffhanger" nonsense. Insurrectionists? Sure, sprinkle them in for flashbacks, early season, ongoing nuisance, etc., but I swear to baby jesus if we don't get a healthy amount of Covenant and the show is canned after the first season, I will blame Stinkles.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know when the story is set yet?

I would have thought it would focus on the origin of the Spartans.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
Why the fuck do AR plasma grenade starts exist still? How fucking inept is playlist management.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
Once Reach is added MCC will be 2x as bad because ivory tower will be in the game twice

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why the fuck do AR plasma grenade starts exist still? How fucking inept is playlist management.
AR starts is a plague Halo struggles to shake.

Halo 5 at least is really good in that regard since you start with a viable pistol.

Also, completely unrelated but I just had a payment for my upcoming ski season pass come out and just wanted to say...

Stinkles if you have any say in Halo merchandise just know that I would absolutely drop some money for Master Chief Visor Ski Goggles.

il_794xN.1436818135_2oi5.jpg

I know it seems obvious to do this
711oYwmZaTL._SX466_.jpg
but I find these dumb. Feel free to make it a separate SKU tho

Last edited:

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Will do!

Just 1 day, sadly. Was planning to get there an hour before doors open for general admission

Alright cool, time for the advice, warning honesty incoming

you have to have very realistic expectations of what you will be able to accomplish inside of one day

The app wont work, dont bother.**
Most of the times the lines are nearing 2 hours per activity.
In order of importance (*IMO*) Laser Tag (6 minutes) / Ring (12 minutes) / Panels (60 minutes) / VR (3 minutes) / Fireteam Raven (6 minutes) / Pelican / Escape Room

The laser tag is super super high quality, it was a genuinely fun experience and the mechanics were awesome.
The Ring thing is very cool, certainly unique, if you like the idea of Halo, like lore wise, atmospherically, its a cant miss
The Panels are run very well and offer some really fun dialogue and content
Fireteam Raven is way more fun that you think it is
The VR game is very cool, but honestly also very limited, and you wont have a ton of time with it, so it might be a hard bargain time wise
The Pelican thing is neat, but has had some issues mechanically so it might not be a fluid experience
Escape Room suffers the same fate, these things have been beaten on and moved and beaten and moved, etc, so they might not be in tip-top shape

In Orlando we waited 2 hours for everything pretty much, in Chicago (my friend went) it was slightly better during peak times but still long, so you have to account for that

Get the schedule online or on their twitter beforehand, and plan around which panels you want to see. My friend said now the lines have markers that show how long the line will be at certain points, so make sure to take note of that and be realistic with your time.

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Alright cool, time for the advice, warning honesty incoming

you have to have very realistic expectations of what you will be able to accomplish inside of one day

The app wont work, dont bother.**
Most of the times the lines are nearing 2 hours per activity.
In order of importance (*IMO*) Laser Tag (6 minutes) / Ring (12 minutes) / Panels (60 minutes) / VR (3 minutes) / Fireteam Raven (6 minutes) / Pelican / Escape Room

The laser tag is super super high quality, it was a genuinely fun experience and the mechanics were awesome.
The Ring thing is very cool, certainly unique, if you like the idea of Halo, like lore wise, atmospherically, its a cant miss
The Panels are run very well and offer some really fun dialogue and content
Fireteam Raven is way more fun that you think it is
The VR game is very cool, but honestly also very limited, and you wont have a ton of time with it, so it might be a hard bargain time wise
The Pelican thing is neat, but has had some issues mechanically so it might not be a fluid experience
Escape Room suffers the same fate, these things have been beaten on and moved and beaten and moved, etc, so they might not be in tip-top shape

In Orlando we waited 2 hours for everything pretty much, in Chicago (my friend went) it was slightly better during peak times but still long, so you have to account for that

Get the schedule online or on their twitter beforehand, and plan around which panels you want to see. My friend said now the lines have markers that show how long the line will be at certain points, so make sure to take note of that and be realistic with your time.
Thanks so much for the tips! Everything I've read has told me to expect lines, so I've hopefully tempered my expectations. Your priority list goes pretty much in line with my hopes. Fortunately I'm not dying to see panels or get autographs.
Is Fireteam Raven the same as the one in arcades? I spent $15 and played through the whole thing and really liked it
Will definitely check twitter beforehand. Thanks again!!

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
how many days? 1 or 2, this is very important

also, be as early as possible. Reply back and Ill give you the skinny

what should I be looking for in this?

Sorry forgot the time stamp. Around 8 minutes left in the video they talk about Halo. He says the game is much more expansive, clarifies not necessarily open worldy or as a sandbox, but there's a lot more you can do. Also says that the visual design in Halo 5 was busy, and that the new visual style is a lot more clean and echoes halo 1-3

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks so much for the tips! Everything I've read has told me to expect lines, so I've hopefully tempered my expectations. Your priority list goes pretty much in line with my hopes. Fortunately I'm not dying to see panels or get autographs.
Is Fireteam Raven the same as the one in arcades? I spent $15 and played through the whole thing and really liked it
Will definitely check twitter beforehand. Thanks again!!

No problem at all, and yeah you have the right mindset

Completely forget about autographs, you will have to skip an entire day to make sure you get em anyways, there's so much more.

I'd say not to underestimate how fun the panels are, Jen + Steve panel is something that was so good I couldn't imagine missing it, even crusty old stinkles and Kiki had a lot of fun on stage also, they talked about a myriad of things mostly the tv show. They have different ones everyday so it really will just come down to your daily schedule, like the one in Chicago had Marcus Lehto and seems like it woulda been really cool, it's also a nice reprieve to be able to sit down for a bit instead of standing all day.

And yeah same arcade machine, they swap people in and out every 6 minutes and there are 2 person and 4 person machines, the wait isnt usually that bad and it was a nice ice breaker compared to the huge lines

Sorry forgot the time stamp. Around 8 minutes left in the video they talk about Halo. He says the game is much more expansive, clarifies not necessarily open worldy or as a sandbox, but there's a lot more you can do. Also says that the visual design in Halo 5 was busy, and that the new visual style is a lot more clean and echoes halo 1-3

Things that make me excited for 500,000,000

Akai

Oct 25, 2017

Sounds pretty neat. I can't wait for marketing to finally kick in.

c043y

Oct 25, 2017
the thread moves fairly quick so I apologize for not being informed - but what's the word on the Reach PC flights? Is it on going? Have they said then the next wave gets in? Any news? I'm dying to play.

Oct 25, 2017
I play PC games all the time and when it comes to shooters I flail around like I've never touched KBM before. Even if I'm playing it on PC I'll be doing it with a controlled connected. Feel > accuracy for me.

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017
I play PC games all the time and when it comes to shooters I flail around like I've never touched KBM before. Even if I'm playing it on PC I'll be doing it with a controlled connected. Feel > accuracy for me.

Huh, I don't have too much trouble but I only play campaign on PC shooters nowadays. But jeez, going from DOOM 2016 campaign to Halo 3 as my first Halo game in weeks tonight was brutal.

MysteryM

Oct 28, 2017
Damn it can't find a game of ranked slayer or snipers, games just stuck in continuing to search. Does anyone get this from time to time? Reboot and nothing. I'm diamond rank in both (haven't played much recently) but can't find a game. It's 7:33pm here in the uk, I can't believe no one else is playing. I've been searching for a game for half an hour now. Time to give up :(

Dec 21, 2017
Damn it can't find a game of ranked slayer or snipers, games just stuck in continuing to search. Does anyone get this from time to time? Reboot and nothing. I'm diamond rank in both (haven't played much recently) but can't find a game. It's 7:33pm here in the uk, I can't believe no one else is playing. I've been searching for a game for half an hour now. Time to give up :(
There's always MCC

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Any old MLG Halo fans out there? Not sure if this is neccesarily related to this thread, or if it should be off in some sort of competitive Halo thread.

I ask because I've become re-addicted to the Str8 Rippin montage from the H3 era.

I remember watching the video on release day back when it was a file I downloaded to my computer. It was an event waiting for their first team montage.

Back in the days when every team would get a montage.

I remember the neighbor/hysteria montage and ninja/mikwen ones.

The_R3medy

Jan 22, 2018
Wisconsin
I remember watching the video on release day back when it was a file I downloaded to my computer. It was an event waiting for their first team montage.

Back in the days when every team would get a montage.

I remember the neighbor/hysteria montage and ninja/mikwen ones.

I miss that golden era of competitive Halo. The H2/H3 eras were so good, and really laid the groundwork for things like CWL and OWL.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a rough ETA for when Halo Reach will come to MCC?

I kinda wanna play some BTB maps like Highlands and Tempest with TU settings.

And the Halo 2/1 BTB playlists are kinda... empty sometimes lol.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking hell, I decided to watch Halo: The Fall of Reach and the augmentation scene is rough.

It's weird as fuck that Halsey is kinda portrayed as a "good" character but in reality she is straight up Hitler level evil.

KillGore

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Puerto Rico
So my friend and I got ultimate game pass and decided to download Halo 5. Started the coop game but the game is now saving. It keeps giving us a "Saving.....failed". What the fuck?

Status
Not open for further replies.