• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Real Halo players only play BTB maps and we all know how that story goes in Halo 5
#realtalk
I liked Empire in the beta, but I dont think it had anything to do with gameplay (outside of the controls feeling better for me in the beta then retail). Mainly the atmosphere. Though yeah blue team totally had advantage.

Fucking lol I had it backwards. Eden is night, Empire is day.

if these maps are so good that nobody remembers the names, they aint that good lol

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Empire is claustrophobic day map and Eden is the excellent night map.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
vTjGEYk.jpg

stop me
dont stop me Im having fun

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Construct sucks, Default Foundry sucks, Ghost Town sucks, Isolation is fucking awful, Orbital sucks, Snowbound sucks , oh I missed Epitaph yeah you fucking suck too Epitaph go kick sand.

Rebuttal: Construct, Foundry below average for sure, Ghost Town is great for SWAT, Isolation good for SWAT, Orbital is better than sucks, Snowbound is awful beyond all belief and Epitaph is okayish

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Don't know if this was posted yet.

Aaron Linde, former senior Bungie writer and Battleborn Lead Writer, has been hired as "Lead ND" at 343 Industires (I assume ND means Narrative Designer?).

This seems quite late in the process.

Things seem to be a bit shaken up with Infinite atm, hopefully it all works out.

Before people take this a doom and gloom trolling post, it's not. Game design can be fluid, and while not ideal, stuff like this can happen a lot.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
What was that halo 4 map that there was literally a glowing ball of energy in the middle of the map that made it hard to see a lot of the map? That's basically how I remember the Halo 4 map selection

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Ha, uh... did you play Halo 3?

did u?

And I've already stated I'm mostly just kidding, I'm trying out a new graphics program to see how I like it, but the point remains, Halo 3 has 75%+ good maps, so does Halo 4, Halo 5 is 50% or worse

Edit: quick observation total complete multiplayer Dev maps (I know 5 has warzone maps)
Halo 3: 24
Halo 4: 21
Halo 5: 15

I actually expect that number to be similar for Infinite because I think Forge will be so good it won't matter. At launch of 5, the quality gap was huge, now it's not so much and it's only getting tighter. I expect proper lighting and shadows to blow us away in forge 5.0

Last edited:

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017
did u?

And I've already stated I'm mostly just kidding, I'm trying out a new graphics program to see how I like it, but the point remains, Halo 3 has 75%+ good maps, so does Halo 4, Halo 5 is 50% or worse

My take:

Isolation is terrible.
Snowbound is terrible, but like in a fresh, equally still terrible kind of way.
I've literally never had fun on Construct.
Epitaph is bad for most gametypes (I liked it for doubles...?)
Sandtrap is so good they changed it to Sandtarp since it was 2 EZ 2 Cheez
Default Foundry is gross.
Blackout did not translate well, partly because they messed up the port but mostly because Halo 3 is just less fun.
Ditto for Cold Storage, but also I don't really like Chill Out that much anyway.
Standoff is 50% fun. One team gets the laser and their hog slaughters the other team for 20 minutes. Better hope you're on team laser.
Ghost Town is a solid Not Great.
High ground is good for some stuff but is really goofy for slayer with spawns and weapon placement.
Sandbox maps vary a lot, there's a couple that are barf.
Orbital is... is it even in MCC? I feel like I haven't played it since 2014.

Most of the rest are okay or Halo 2 maps. The Pit and Valhalla are true classics.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Isolation is terrible.
Snowbound is terrible, but like in a fresh, equally still terrible kind of way.
I've literally never had fun on Construct.
Epitaph is bad for most gametypes (I liked it for doubles...?)
Sandtrap is so good they changed it to Sandtarp since it was 2 EZ 2 Cheez
Default Foundry is gross.
Blackout did not translate well, partly because they messed up the port but mostly because Halo 3 is just less fun.
Ditto for Cold Storage, but also I don't really like Chill Out that much anyway.
Standoff is 50% fun. One team gets the laser and their hog slaughters the other team for 20 minutes. Better hope you're on team laser.
Ghost Town is a solid Not Great.
High ground is good for some stuff but is really goofy for slayer with spawns and weapon placement.
Sandbox maps vary a lot, there's a couple that are barf.
Orbital is... is it even in MCC? I feel like I haven't played it since 2014.

Most of the rest are okay or Halo 2 maps. The Pit and Valhalla are true classics.

I've already replied to basically this entire list like 3 posts up, and you are missing the point, I'm just kidding around

Also, I think you just don't like Halo 3 and maybe need to take a step back, the maps can't hurt you anymore, if and when you play MCC, just filter it out

Also also, yes orbital actually comes up alot in H3 MCC

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Here is a little Halo: MCC Firefight footage:

https://mixer.com/Halo?vod=7oeNoHDWxU28PFKaPf6Pyg

Starts arround ~33m.

I was just messing with you. Your previous post was "Please no more DLC maps that throw the design philosophy out of the window". So I just decided to say the full blown opposite. A shitpost, if you will.

And here I thought you had an issue with map design philosophy, in general. :D

Nothing has topped Halo 3's BTB experience yet.

Hitscan and vehicle health really don't make for a great BTB experience, in my opinion, hence why I agree with your statement.

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017
I've already replied to basically this entire list like 3 posts up, and you are missing the point, I'm just kidding around

Also, I think you just don't like Halo 3 and maybe need to take a step back, the maps can't hurt you anymore, if and when you play MCC, just filter it out

Also also, yes orbital actually comes up alot in H3 MCC

Oh sorry, I meant haha lol yea 11/10 meme halo 3 is my fave since it came out when i was 12

Every Halo has a selection of gems and garbage, Halo 3 is no exception. I was taking a stroll down memory lane trying to think of which maps were bad, because oh man some of them were, hence "my take" I added right after I posted.

When I play MCC, I leave Halo 3 on until I play a game, just in case it 'clicks' and becomes a great game again, like it felt like at the time. I've been playing MCC regularly again for about a year now, still hasn't happened. daedalius gets mad when I do this.

Re: Halo 4: Abandon is the worst FPS map ever created. You can tell they even panic-sprinkled forge crates around last minute to try and make it work.

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017
We agree.

Also, I was 17 when it came out, let's not start getting all halogafcivilwar.gif in here

Sorry, had a salty morning. Halo 3 worship rustles my jimmies. Was a great game, but man it just does not hold up for me replaying it next to the other games.

I really wish they could have an honest retrospective of things like Abandon. It feels like a sunk-cost fallacy in map form. Like the basic layout didn't work so they just kept adding ramps and lifts and branched and boxes until release, having put too much time into it at each stage to just give up.

Ryouji Gunblade

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
California
I like Halo 3 BTB until I remember that BR spread, netcode, and instant-vehicle-shutdown laser.

At least the vehicle health system is excellent and we have hornets and choppers there.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing through the campaigns on the MCC in chronological order (so after the H2 New Mombasa missions I switched over to ODST). It is crazy how much smoother and cleaner Halo 2 plays than Halo 3.

It just feels so crisp in comparison.

I wish more people played H2A, I'd like to play the ranked playlist but it takes ages to find a match.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I would love a toggle in mixtape matchmaking for legendary settings. For 2-3 this means BR starts, for Reach-4 this means even starts with no armor abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.