• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Can't we all just take this time to agree on something... that Molten is Really really really really really bad.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, had a salty morning. Halo 3 worship rustles my jimmies. Was a great game, but man it just does not hold up for me replaying it next to the other games.

I really wish they could have an honest retrospective of things like Abandon. It feels like a sunk-cost fallacy in map form. Like the basic layout didn't work so they just kept adding ramps and lifts and branched and boxes until release, having put too much time into it at each stage to just give up.

Ive thought that Halo 3 held up the least of the OG trilogy if for nothing else then that gigantic invisible anchor that keeps you from aiming, but in the modern aiming update I find it alot more playable.

I like Halo 3 BTB until I remember that BR spread, netcode, and instant-vehicle-shutdown laser.

At least the vehicle health system is excellent and we have hornets and choppers there.
H3 BTB was like the biggest fucking clusterfuck.

Still fun though.

Yeah Halo 3 BTB is great in theory but sometimes frustrating in practice, I usually still have fun but I run with near full lobbies so that helps

Can't we all just take this time to agree on something... that Molten is Really really really really really bad.

Is Molten a fucking shit garbage trash tier map?
A Text Guide

YES

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I actually really like Molten.

Not really map is trash. Overgrown, Riptide and Molten are the trifecta of awful maps. Far worse than Halo 4's Abandon or even Halo 3's Isolation.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can everyone remember their first online game of Halo?
Mine was Halo 3, Boot Camp playlist, FFA on Guardian. Had a top 3 finish.
Some kinda Halo Trial on PC match. That was my first Halo experience.

Later, I played Halo 2 at a friends house, which is where I fell in love with the campaign too.

I never owned an OG xbox but the VERY first game I got for the 360 when I bought it was Halo 2.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
I actually really like Molten.

Not really map is trash. Overgrown, Riptide and Molten are the trifecta of awful maps. Far worse than Halo 4's Abandon or even Halo 3's Isolation.

I'm not gonna lie, you had me in the first half...

My memory of H4 maps is shaky because I didn't play true game for long. But I do remember Abandon being shit tier as well as H3s Isolation (especially with AR starts).

But none of that compares with how bad Molten is

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017

I can't quite remember my first match. It was Halo 2. My friends and I camped out for the game and were running 4s online all night long on a school night.

I don't remember how we got that past all of our parents

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017

it may be my least favorite halo map ever. but it sure is pretty

halo CE, blood gulch 1v1 against my friend a few hundred miles away using xbconnect. was pretty amazing

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
My internet wasn't good enough for online play until I got H3. I still remember my first match. It was Snowbound on whatever that noob playlist was (Boot Camp I think?). Honestly, I didn't spend that much time with H3, I was a Commander Grade 2. A lot of my time went into CoD 4. That shit I got tenth prestige in.

Speaking of ranks, I really liked H3 rank structure. I think they should have kept something like it instead of doing away with it.

Last edited:

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
it may be my least favorite halo map ever. but it sure is pretty

halo CE, blood gulch 1v1 against my friend a few hundred miles away using xbconnect. was pretty amazing

No! No compliments!

I remember being excited for it because it looked so damn pretty in the pre-release glimpses we got. Shame it doesn't live up to the visuals

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
So.. Modern Warfare has the best audio design and gun feel of any game in history, whoa.

I'm interested how Halo will continue to improve and refine it's weapon feel, because I feel there's definitely some inconsistency and some weapons just seem like playing cookie clicker

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My internet wasn't good enough for online play until I got H3. I still remember my first match. It was Snowbound on whatever that noob playlist was (Boot Camp I think?). Honestly, I didn't spend that much time with H3, I was a Commander Grade 2. A lot of my time went into CoD 4. That shit I got tenth prestige in.

Speaking of ranks, I really liked H3 rank structure. I think they should have kept something like it instead of doing away with it.

Back in 2007/08 this would have been heresy.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
*Narrator*
There was Halo, there was Halo 2, there was Halo 3

and then, there was COD 4, things would simply never be the same again..

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
No! No compliments!

I remember being excited for it because it looked so damn pretty in the pre-release glimpses we got. Shame it doesn't live up to the visuals

i remember thinking, when it finally released and i found out how bad it was, that maybe 343i sat on it for ages in the hopes they'd one day get around to revising/improving it but ultimately just said "SHIP IT"

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
So.. Modern Warfare has the best audio design and gun feel of any game in history, whoa.

I'm interested how Halo will continue to improve and refine it's weapon feel, because I feel there's definitely some inconsistency and some weapons just seem like playing cookie clicker

The vids of the sound team doing their work has me feeling good about sound design. Still wanna know why they didn't keep the punchiness of H2A's sounds. 5 didn't sound half as good.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
The vids of the sound team doing their work has me feeling good about sound design. Still wanna know why they didn't keep the punchiness of H2A's sounds. 5 didn't sound half as good.

The vids of the sound team? That kinda rings a bell but not really, where do I find those?

I dont expect Halo Infinite to sound as visceral as MW does because its an entirely different experience and atmosphere, but damn if it isnt impressive.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
The vids of the sound team? That kinda rings a bell but not really, where do I find those?

I dont expect Halo Infinite to sound as visceral as MW does because its an entirely different experience and atmosphere, but damn if it isnt impressive.

Mainly on their insta.

And this was the sound team's work for the E3 scene

Chasex

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone want to play some MCC this weekend? Gamer tag is Avenge4386 anyone feel free to add me. I just play social stuff nowadays, doesn't matter which Halo. If there's a crew here that plays feel free to add me too!

Last edited:

BOT Zé

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My first time playing halo was halo 3, but I hated in when I played on xbox 360 at the time.
I only started liking Halo when I played the MCC a few years ago, before Halo 5

lostconst

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if there's any chance Firefight flight starts this weekend. Seems they were super close in launching it.

NOKYARD

Oct 25, 2017
If you'd have told me 5 months ago when they announced MCC for PC that we still didn't have Reach, I'd have laughed and told you not even 343 could be that incompetent.
When are people going to learn we don't take the bait in this thread because we pay attention and absolutely know the team working on MCC are some of the hardest working and brightest stars in gaming dev, even in the face of self entitled gamers who demand game development adhere to their perceived schedule.

also came here to say Halo Reach Firefight looks and plays effen amazing on a 144htz monitor, and a video card that can maintain ~200 fps.

Oct 17, 2018
When are people going to learn we don't take the bait in this thread because we pay attention and absolutely know the team working on MCC are some of the hardest working and brightest stars in gaming dev, even in the face of self entitled gamers who demand game development adhere to their perceived schedule.

Wake me when they make a successful Halo game that can actually retain players like Halo 3 did and not sink to #33 on the Xbox most played games.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to not get in the Flight!

Me not getting in this flight is a sign of Stinkle's unbridled hatred for this community.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Oh, this is a PC flight!

tumblr_pqpguwZ9wp1xq0bczo3_540.gif

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
So, I caught wind of a live action Halo commercial filming SOON in partnership with Pepsi...

I don't know anymore details, but it's higher budget, and Pepsi owns Mountain Dew (Game Fuel).... as it's too early for primary Infinite advertising, my guess is maybe a big hyped up Multiplayer Beta promo with Game Fuel this winter? That last part is pure speculation, but it's all that really makes sense to me.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like I'm not in. :/

So, I caught wind of a live action Halo commercial filming SOON in partnership with Pepsi...

I don't know anymore details, but it's higher budget, and Pepsi owns Mountain Dew (Game Fuel).... as it's too early for primary Infinite advertising, my guess is maybe a big hyped up Multiplayer Beta promo with Game Fuel this winter? That last part is pure speculation, but it's all that really makes sense to me.

Sounds interesting. We know that we'll get some Halo: Infinite news this year, so it could be related to this and maybe they'll show it at X019 London?

Is it all PC only still? Never got anything on xbox yet

FireFlight is PC only. Xbox Flight will be PvP focused.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Sounds interesting. We know that we'll get some Halo: Infinite news this year, so it could be related to this and maybe they'll show it at X019 London?

All I know is they're fast tracking the commercial and are kn on a tight deadline, to the frustrating of art departments. It has to be Infinite beta with game fuel promo

Has game fuel done beta promos before?

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
It's so smooth, it feels like a different game. Evade is super good because you can use the momentum to fly around.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
This is really weird flight emails must be glitched because I didn't receive mine. :(

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA

Yes please. I need new Halo in my life.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I definitely think evade going to have to get tweaked. You can evade and air strafe across the entire map. The mobility is pretty ridiculous lol.

NOKYARD

Oct 25, 2017
Check your junk folders. I have been receiving their emails for a long time and even with junk/regular email filters they still end up in the junk email folder.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
All I know is they're fast tracking the commercial and are kn on a tight deadline, to the frustrating of art departments. It has to be Infinite beta with game fuel promo

Has game fuel done beta promos before?

I honestly don't know.

Check your junk folders. I have been receiving their emails for a long time and even with junk/regular email filters they still end up in the junk email folder.

Not gonna lie. I did this about 20 times just to be sure, but no luck. lol

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Matchmaking has been solid for the most part. There was one time, I did get thrown into a match by myself, but that was about it. There are a few visual bugs, but they aren't a huge deal. For instance, a Jackal's shield will stay on after they die. The game runs great. It never once dropped from 60 fps even with the huge amount of enemies and explosions happening. Plus you can turn the FoV up to 120. The game feels great; I wish they would just release it in this state. I really want to play multiplayer now.

Status
Not open for further replies.