• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Matchmaking has been solid for the most part. There was one time, I did get thrown into a match by myself, but that was about it. There are a few visual bugs, but they aren't a huge deal. For instance, a Jackal's shield will stay on after they die. The game runs great. It never once dropped from 60 fps even with the huge amount of enemies and explosions happening. Plus you can turn the FoV up to 120. The game feels great; I wish they would just release it in this state. I really want to play multiplayer now.
They need to have it in an absolute polished state after the fiasco of MCC launch on console. Even things like the Jackal shield would look really bad. Plus people say they had some crashes which also can't happen.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Alright so I was invited but I have 2 emails. I got the invite on my gmail account and my XBL is actually a hotmail account.

My question is that since my gmail got the invite, does 343 know that my gamertag is my hotmail account? It's important because they said that if you do not participate in any flighting you won't get invited back.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
Alright so I was invited but I have 2 emails. I got the invite on my gmail account and my XBL is actually a hotmail account.

My question is that since my gmail got the invite, does 343 know that my gamertag is my hotmail account? It's important because they said that if you do not participate in any flighting you won't get invited back.

Oof… good question. I wouls assume it would be the email with the gamertag attached but honestly I have no idea. I'd message one of the guys on Twitter or something.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
I need to figure out how to change the language of this thing. It defaults to my system language which is Chinese, but the build is very clearly not done on the localization part so I see placeholder strings all over the place.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

It shouldn't matter. They just give you a code for Steam. Once you actually get into the game then you have to sign on with a Microsoft account.

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
When you load into the game it will give you a prompt to put in your XBL email address. This should be known on the Waypoint side that GT Karl2177 is associated with insider steam key of xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, evade is pretty dumb atm. You want to evade off an incline or decline then you jump. You'll gain a massive amount of momentum and you can keep this momentum going if you time your jumps correctly. It's kind of like Quake when you want to time your bunny hops. This wasn't possible back on the 360, it had too much input lag and the controls weren't precise enough. However, with kb/m and running at decent frames it's showing to be broken.

You can move faster than sprint and still shoot. lol

Edward850

Software & Netcode Engineer at Nightdive Studios
Verified
Apr 5, 2019
New Zealand
Seeing as the email said we could share footage, I figure I'll leave this here for people who want to see it in action at 4K:

I think one of the more stand out aspects of this PC port is frankly the thing I've notice nobody talk about, the new netcode for Firefight. It's so nice to finally be able to matchmake a game without having to worry about all the input latency from the old lockstep code. And frankly I'm impressed with how well it works (Jackal shield bug notwithstanding, betting it's just some kind of missing snapshot trigger that needs to be put in place) considering the reason why the lockstep code existed in the first place.
If this carries over to campaign co-op, and even the other Halo games rather than just Reach, then frankly I'm more hyped for that than the rest of the PC port itself.

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing as the email said we could share footage, I figure I'll leave this here for people who want to see it in action at 4K:

I think one of the more stand out aspects of this PC port is frankly the thing I've notice nobody talk about, the new netcode for Firefight. It's so nice to finally be able to matchmake a game without having to worry about all the input latency from the old lockstep code. And frankly I'm impressed with how well it works (Jackal shield bug notwithstanding, betting it's just some kind of missing snapshot trigger that needs to be put in place) considering the reason why the lockstep code existed in the first place.
If this carries over to campaign co-op, and even the other Halo games rather than just Reach, then frankly I'm more hyped for that than the rest of the PC port itself.

I've gotten the old host migration screen in about half of my games and our points were lost when it occurred. I'm glad it doesn't have the jittery-ness that it did on the 360, but there's definitely some kinks from my perspective. Also I think the base map is based on the campaign version of the game because there's a section behind the base where you can pick up Armor Lock.

Fc2m9fU.jpg

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Core play in Halo 5 should be the quick play rotation.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda surprising that they managed to put in an uncapped framerate setting into this build, because didn't they say that this will be something that they'll look into after the game launched? I imagine this will please a lot of people.

Anyways, watched a stream yesterday and the person managed to push 144FPS on his 1440p/144Hz monitor with no real issues.

His specs were:

AMD Ryzen 7 1700
Nividia GeForce GTX1080
16GB DDR4 RAM

I've gotten the old host migration screen in about half of my games and our points were lost when it occurred. I'm glad it doesn't have the jittery-ness that it did on the 360, but there's definitely some kinks from my perspective. Also I think the base map is based on the campaign version of the game because there's a section behind the base where you can pick up Armor Lock.

Fc2m9fU.jpg

Can you (or anyone else) try to do this on the map:

BOT Zé

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They should do some double xp or something similar in halo 5 to let people reach the max rank without going insane

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
REMINDER

Today is the last day to get your maps uploaded to your file shares from 360 era Halo games if you want them in the MCC.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC

Just watching a bit, but I feel like the lightning strikes in the sky need to last a bit longer or something to look right at 60 FPS, something feels off with them

Chasex

Oct 29, 2017
Dang that 60fps Reach looking really nice.

Going to be playing MCC again tonight, I put the wrong gt before it's actually Avenge4386*. Getting back into it and need some people to play with!

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
When you hop on Reach btb for one match and a jtagger starts noclipping with camo, super speed and a rapid fire dmr.

In 2019

NOKYARD

Oct 25, 2017
Free accounts have only 6 file share slots for H3 and Reach, and 24 for H4, so i opened 9 accounts with the $1 Game Pass Ultimate special. MS promptly shut down 6 of them due to the 'suspicious activity' of moving files. After days of back and forth with MS support they are still closed. So frustrating dealing with them.

I ended up moving about 230 map files.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
People are modding the FireFlight like crazy already. Playing things like Generator Defense and (Elite) Slayer, spawning vehicles on maps and I also saw somebody with a picture of Boardwalk in the lobby, but not sure if they actually managed to load the map. Certainly interesting for future mods.

Free accounts have only 6 file share slots for H3 and Reach, and 24 for H4, so i opened 9 accounts with the $1 Game Pass Ultimate special. MS promptly shut down 6 of them due to the 'suspicious activity' of moving files. After days of back and forth with MS support they are still closed. So frustrating dealing with them.

I ended up moving about 230 map files.

This sounds unfortunate.

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
Huh. I was able to have 24 on my free accounts, but the caveat is that I used free accounts that existed in 2009. I got all of the Bungie vs the World maps plus a couple others from Halo 3. Reach I decided to pick a handful of my favorites and just dealt with what I couldn't get. I also grabbed a couple of maps that had frame rate issues to see if it was then engine failing it or if it was the Xbox.

NOKYARD

Oct 25, 2017
People are modding the FireFlight like crazy already. Playing things like Generator Defense and (Elite) Slayer, spawning vehicles on maps and I also saw somebody with a picture of Boardwalk in the lobby, but not sure if they actually managed to load the map. Certainly interesting for future mods.

This sounds unfortunate.
Apparently, the actual map files are not in the build.

The worst part of this account fiasco was that i had to spend days examining each map and making tough cut decisions on each. For every Grifball team which had custom courts i built a 4v4 court, a Neutral Host court, and a Live Broadcast court, as part of their package. I ended keeping only the 4v4 versions. The original plan was to simply copy everything over, and sort them out later without spending 3 days having to open each file.

The real issue now is that i have to get the accounts open so i can turn off the recurring billing or i will be out $85 for receiving absolutely nothing.

[edit] Tried once again to reactivate by phone. Got this message
Enter your phone number, and we'll send you a security code
We'll send a verification code in a text message. This helps us eliminate spam – we won't give out your number. The code will expire in about 10 minutes.

Message with the code comes an hour later. Code has already expired.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.