• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, what all is there to customize? Far less than a Spartan I would think. Sure I would like the option, but I'm not exactly missing out either.
Same thing as the Spartans. Different helmets, chest pieces, should pieces, leg pieces, arm pieces, etc. It's lesser inquantity, but the appeal of allowing you to mix and match means that the possible combinations of armor sets multiples several fold.

It's not a big deal, I agree, but it's still something I'd rather have than not.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
Same thing as the Spartans. Different helmets, chest pieces, should pieces, leg pieces, arm pieces, etc. It's lesser inquantity, but the appeal of allowing you to mix and match means that the possible combinations of armor sets multiples several fold.

It's not a big deal, I agree, but it's still something I'd rather have than not.

I've just never been much of an elite player, but I'd never wish for others to lack in features regardless of my wants. Were it not for everything already on 343's plate I'm sure they would have looked into it. Sounds like getting Reach on Xbox alone is a huge undertaking.

Nov 14, 2017
Okay, then let me redirect my line of inquiry

Dear Bungie from 8 years ago:

wait, can you customize the spartans, but not the elites? Why?
Not 100% but if the elites are using repurposed campaign models designed as a single set, breaking them up would require extra work in terms of checking clipping/rigging/hitboxes etc, and, if each set is textured with a single sheet, could have a performance impact in terms of draw calls and texture data when mixing parts from separate sets (which may have been more of a consideration on 360).

By contrast, the Spartan armours are designed for customisation, with each piece having its own separate texture sheet etc...

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Anyone here have or tried a Scuf Prestige?

I want to know how the paddles are compared to the older Infinity 1 Scufs. Those paddles were ass because they were super stiff and hard to press so I played with an Elite but now my Elite's sticks are loose pieces of crap and I was in the market for a new controller but don't want to spend $170 on the Prestige if the paddles are still bad.

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, then let me redirect my line of inquiry

Dear Bungie from 8 years ago:

wait, can you customize the spartans, but not the elites? Why?

Well you could only be an Elite in Invasion, if I remember right. Kind of silly to expend much effort on something you only could only see half the time in a single playlist.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Modders are doing an incredible job with Halo: Reach, but this is going too far:

ECwt4_8XoAUPSOw

In other news:

Oct 25, 2017
The only halo 3 forge map I put any considerable time into was an absolutely garbage rendition of a 3 story house where it looked like a child made it. It was pretty fun for FFAs though

My Halo Reach map's only strengths was a good name to pair with a kickass CE-style log line.

Otherwise, man, it was just terrible weird positioning with one team literally having the high ground and instant spawn traps walking ten feet.

Be fun to make a better version of the same idea some day. But I'm so bad with the more advanced controls of Halo 5's forge that I probably won't be able to do jack with Infinite's toolset.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone ever talk about this wacky elite silhouette from the Making Of Halo Infinite E3 2018 social stream?

horns1.JPG

horns2.JPG

Got some Doom demon-ass horns. I don't know that this matches any other Elite armor we've seen. It's also a concept trailer that has Halo 4/5 Chief in it, so maybe it's nothing, but I would assume the art team for a trailer would have access to the actual in-game assets to take some stuff from

Juan

Oct 28, 2017

Gamecheat13 is doing some good work again regarding mod, with now BTB being available on Firefight maps.

I kind of hope 343 will made this mod an official option once Reach is released on the MCC so we can double the amount of BTB map available. Even if it's not totally balanced and so not available in the Matchmaking, allowing them in the Custom Game Browser would be quite a lot of fun already.

Damn I love the Reach art style for spartans, armor, and colors.
Also the robust customization.

I just hope they will add back the pictures for the different piece of armor so you can have a preview of them in the menu without having to go inside every section to get a glimpse of what the armor looks like.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
Anyone ever talk about this wacky elite silhouette from the Making Of Halo Infinite E3 2018 social stream?

horns1.JPG

horns2.JPG

Got some Doom demon-ass horns. I don't know that this matches any other Elite armor we've seen. It's also a concept trailer that has Halo 4/5 Chief in it, so maybe it's nothing, but I would assume the art team for a trailer would have access to the actual in-game assets to take some stuff from

I seem to remember Halo 4 was originally going to have an Elite be the main antagonist before deciding on the Didact. I could be remembering wrong though.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Or it's just a new creature entirely.

I don't know how they can do microtransactions differently in Infinite but I hope I can unlock everything just by playing just like in H5.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Or it's just a new creature entirely.

I don't know how they can do microtransactions differently in Infinite but I hope I can unlock everything just by playing just like in H5.

We did see wildlife in the trailer.

People are going to bitch about MTX either way. As long as its not the pay to get dope weapons bullshit from 5 I'm ok with it.

I think they should seperate out what kind of cosmetics are earnable and what kind are pay only.

So armor permutations you should be able to earn. Tie a few of them to achievements. Things like weapon skins, even armor skins (like decals) should be mtx. Direct purchase, rotating store.

Oct 26, 2017

Gamecheat13 is doing some good work again regarding mod, with now BTB being available on Firefight maps.

I kind of hope 343 will made this mod an official option once Reach is released on the MCC so we can double the amount of BTB map available. Even if it's not totally balanced and so not available in the Matchmaking, allowing them in the Custom Game Browser would be quite a lot of fun already.

I just hope they will add back the pictures for the different piece of armor so you can have a preview of them in the menu without having to go inside every section to get a glimpse of what the armor looks like.

Looks a bit hectic but I would be on board for a few of the FF maps coming to BTB, I can definitely see a few of them (but definitely not all of them) work and could be in their own playlist and fully integrated if popular. Bungie did experiment with this in the Beta after all.

Exciting times for Halo seeing Reach come back and maybe reach its full potential.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It just makes me more excited for modded Halo 1-3 tbh.

The biggest thing to be excited for, however, is a not too unrealistic possibility of playing (at least on PC) Halo Custom Edition maps. I know theres a person or team working on that as a pet project.

If you could play the ones with drastically different gameplay like Hugeass/Coldsnap or even port the custom campaigns over... that would be huge.

I actually have a question regarding that. If I got MCC on my shitty PC... could I selectively download just Halo CE (maybe Halo 2) and play those? Meaning, if my PC can run the old Halo PC, can it run MCC Halo CE?

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
I actually have a question regarding that. If I got MCC on my shitty PC... could I selectively download just Halo CE (maybe Halo 2) and play those? Meaning, if my PC can run the old Halo PC, can it run MCC Halo CE?

Since you can select with Halo to install on the MCC from Steam, I guess you totally could, but keep in mind Halo CE is the CE Remaster, coming with the new graphic as well, so I don't know if it impacts the classic version as well, since they're both running together at the same time to allow the instant graphic switch.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Playing the flight on PC got me hyped again. Sure, it was just FF, but it just felt so good. There is just a huge difference now. It makes me wonder how Reach would have been received if it was launched like that.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You guys should read the Gears 5 campaign impressions.

The short version is, they are going semi open world. There will be hub sections with fluid (hop on and off) vehicle traversal, side quests, secrets, etc. You are encouraged to explore because it has lite RPG elements in that you can upgrade your JACK robot with skills ranging from giving your team shields, stealth, zapping enemies, picking up ammo etc. You can also find easter egg and "relic" weapons which are variants of existing weapons with added functionality/perks. Ie a 2 bullet firing Longshot or a hipfire focused boltok. You can store any weapons you find on the Skiff you use to travel the world.

The series still preserves its tight cover based arenas and cinematic set pieces. And as you may or may not know, the core multiplayer is the tried and true classic gears gameplay, but with added modes including some with hero abilities.

The best summary I saw was that Gears 5 shakes up the formula and evolves the series forward while not sacrificing what made Gears great.

And I really REALLY hope Coalition and 343 have been sharing notes because this sounds like EXACTLY what Halo Infinite could be.

Foster exploration in campaign. Shake up the formula but preserve those tight gunfights and big vehicle sections. Keep the core multiplayer classic Halo but allow for fun new modes to shake things up.

Hell I wouldn't mind a damn near carbon copy of the campaign structure. In Gears 5 you travel the world in a skiff vehicle. What if in Halo 5 you use the Pelican (from the trailer) to travel from location to location. You can store weapons you find to customize your loadout for each mission. You can find and pick up vehicles to use as well.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017

The short version is, they are going semi open world. There will be hub sections with fluid (hop on and off) vehicle traversal, side quests, secrets, etc. You are encouraged to explore because it has lite RPG elements in that you can upgrade your JACK robot with skills ranging from giving your team shields, stealth, zapping enemies, picking up ammo etc. You can also find easter egg and "relic" weapons which are variants of existing weapons with added functionality/perks. Ie a 2 bullet firing Longshot or a hipfire focused boltok. You can store any weapons you find on the Skiff you use to travel the world.

The series still preserves its tight cover based arenas and cinematic set pieces. And as you may or may not know, the core multiplayer is the tried and true classic gears gameplay, but with added modes including some with hero abilities.

The best summary I saw was that Gears 5 shakes up the formula and evolves the series forward while not sacrificing what made Gears great.

And I really REALLY hope Coalition and 343 have been sharing notes because this sounds like EXACTLY what Halo Infinite could be.

Foster exploration in campaign. Shake up the formula but preserve those tight gunfights and big vehicle sections. Keep the core multiplayer classic Halo but allow for fun new modes to shake things up.

Hell I wouldn't mind a damn near carbon copy of the campaign structure. In Gears 5 you travel the world in a skiff vehicle. What if in Halo 5 you use the Pelican (from the trailer) to travel from location to location. You can store weapons you find to customize your loadout for each mission. You can find and pick up vehicles to use as well.
+1

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA

Me likey

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017

I have no stake in the rpg-lite stuff, but everything else is basically been my headcanon dream Halo for years (sort of taking the Halo and Silent Cartographer levels as a model for how traversal and mission selection would work outside of the usual point A-point B framework). Pelican would make sense in a realistic framework, but it'd have to be all about the Warthog and tank in my book. Get grounded.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017

I wish this was the approach Halo took 9 years ago

I like how the rpg elements are tied to the support character rather than player attributes.

Last edited:

jem

Oct 25, 2017
I like how the rpg elements are tied to the support character rather than player attributes.
Yeah, that's something I noticed as well.

Instead of the RPG mechanics being restrictive like they usually seem to be it looks like they will be additive to the combat.

I hate RPG mechanics which limit a player's abilities just to add some sort of progression system to the game. In the end all those systems seem to do is make the core minute to minute gameplay more shallow.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that's something I noticed as well.

Instead of the RPG mechanics being restrictive like they usually seem to be it looks like they will be additive to the combat.

I hate RPG mechanics which limit a player's abilities just to add some sort of progression system to the game. In the end all those systems seem to do is make the core minute to minute gameplay more shallow.

No doubt. What you described is exactly why I was against any sort of RPG-light systems in a Halo game. The let the base mechanics be all I need to be a Badass Chief. But if they approached it more like TC has done with Jack I wouldn't be apprehensive.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have we had any update on Reach flighting for Xbox One? I didn't expect it to take this long. I'm itching for some new Halo stuff.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I'm glad they are taking their time with it. However, I wish they supported H5 better. After the first year, support just kind of fell off, but they are also working on Infinite and MCC; so I guess it's understandable why it didn't see as much support as it could have.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I have to admit, when they announced Halo Reach coming to PC, I never expected to still not have even an announcement of the release date 6 months down the line. I wonder if they announced it too early or something.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying the devs are being lazy or anything, and maybe I just have unrealistic expectations, and I understand they really, really need to get it right after how the first launch of the MCC turned out. I've just been hyped all this time since I've been expecting the announcement of the release date within 3 months of announcement at most and we're not even done doing flights, you know? I just really, really want to play the Reach Campaign after all this time.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Infinite is similar to quality to Gears 5 I dont wanna hear shit about 343 being subpar again.

Not directing this to Tawp just in general.
Coalition was subpar until (it seems to be) Gears 5.

Hoping Infinite is 343's Gears 5.

Because right now their track record is
Halo 4 - garbo
MCC - dumpster fire that has been cleaned up into something amazing, but not really a showcase of their design since its old games.
Halo 5 - rocky, low feature launch. Questionable warzone req design. Bad campaign. Pretty solid multiplayer.

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017
I have to admit, when they announced Halo Reach coming to PC, I never expected to still not have even an announcement of the release date 6 months down the line. I wonder if they announced it too early or something.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying the devs are being lazy or anything, and maybe I just have unrealistic expectations, and I understand they really, really need to get it right after how the first launch of the MCC turned out. I've just been hyped all this time since I've been expecting the announcement of the release date within 3 months of announcement at most and we're not even done doing flights, you know? I just really, really want to play the Reach Campaign after all this time.

I think even they would admit they announced it too early, it's obviously taking them much longer than they thought. But, they didn't really know that at the time, so eh, it just is an awkward situation for everyone.

I play Halo on the weekends pretty consistently, and I'm super ready for something new after 4 years, even if it's a mixed bag like Reach multi (god bless the TU though). The population in 5 has tanked a fair bit as far as I can tell. MCC seems a little better, but man pretty soon it's gonna be me and a bunch of people from Mexico if they don't deliver Reach before too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.