• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Coagulation screenshot you posted is from Halo Custom Edition.

1200px-H2_Coagulation.png

But while we are at it, let's compare...

29.jpg

latest
Of course lol, I never said Halo 5 was less busy than Halo 2.

It breaks down like this, in terms of the games closely resembling each other in art --

Halo 1​
Halo 2​
Halo 3
ODST​
Reach​
Halo 4​
Halo 5​

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Were assists in Reach always hard to come by or is it broken? Been wiping shields and getting damage on health and I don't get assists on the kills.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
So last Wednesday I for some reason challenged myself to create a new remake from scratch of something that no one has even come close to replicating in 5, and finish it by tonight before Halloween.

Well I ended up getting stupid busy and between family/modern Warfare I was only able to get like 3 sessions in and I won't finish on my made up deadline

so of course I took the screenshot from the shaded side, so you can't see shit. I was stupid tired.

(It's a blocked out, trapezoidal, barren, Harvest from 4 if you can't tell)

Edit:

heyyyoooooooooo

MOTHER FUCKING TRANSPORT HOG

I thought Haven was the standout map for Halo 4.

You are probably right actually, not sure it really reaches the heights of the previous stalwarts though

Last edited:

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
Were assists in Reach always hard to come by or is it broken? Been wiping shields and getting damage on health and I don't get assists on the kills.
Yeah. It was something along the lines of 40% damage dealt within 2 seconds of the kill. So if you dealt 30%, then 2s later 30% and someone got the killing blow, then it didn't count. I remember Tashi struggling with it and complaining about it on the old site.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. It was something along the lines of 40% damage dealt within 2 seconds of the kill. So if you dealt 30%, then 2s later 30% and someone got the killing blow, then it didn't count. I remember Tashi struggling with it and complaining about it on the old site.
Ok thanks I was getting real miffed at some of the assists I wasn't getting.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, they send them out fast.

How's the new Elite controller?
Best controller in the world is pretty damn accurate. Holy shit changing the tension on the sticks is game changing. It actually feels comfortable to have all 4 paddles on too. I used one paddle before but now I mapped em all and feel confident in using them.

The grips seem better but I guess I'll see after months of use. Pretty amazing so far and I would have definitely bought it if I didn't get it for free.

I already feel more accurate on Destiny so I can only imagine how I'll play on Halo lol

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Best controller in the world is pretty damn accurate. Holy shit changing the tension on the sticks is game changing. It actually feels comfortable to have all 4 paddles on too. I used one paddle before but now I mapped em all and feel confident in using them.

The grips seem better but I guess I'll see after months of use. Pretty amazing so far and I would have definitely bought it if I didn't get it for free.

I already feel more accurate on Destiny so I can only imagine how I'll play on Halo lol

How does the weight compare to the original?

I always thought the paddles were super easy to use on the original so glad they remained unchanged. Way better than SCUF paddles.

Now the real test is using it extensively and see how they hold up. My original still works fine but the sticks got pretty loose so it affected my aim a bit but I didn't want to spend another $200 on a controller right now. I'll probably end up picking one up when Infinite launches, though.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
How does the weight compare to the original?

I always thought the paddles were super easy to use on the original so glad they remained unchanged. Way better than SCUF paddles.

Now the real test is using it extensively and see how they hold up. My original still works fine but the sticks got pretty loose so it affected my aim a bit but I didn't want to spend another $200 on a controller right now. I'll probably end up picking one up when Infinite launches, though.
I think the weight is about the same and it feels pretty great.

I hope the grips hold lol

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
Didn't realise how rusty I am, getting stomped. Just means to keep playing until I regain the skills I atrophied (tho part of it is also because I don't play a lot of MP games on PC, so I'm still getting used to aiming and everything).

Also, some things so far:
- Going to 90 fov or above when centred shows space in your left arm when meleeing with your pistol.
- Some of the playlist titles display weird titles instead of the gametype and description.
- When this crashes, it HARD crashes. Had to completely restart my computer.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
and they say you can't game on a surface pro 3

pYnKMp3.jpg

and they are right.

actually surprised the game boots and is fully playable, H5 Forge won't even open

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't realise how rusty I am, getting stomped. Just means to keep playing until I regain the skills I atrophied (tho part of it is also because I don't play a lot of MP games on PC, so I'm still getting used to aiming and everything).

Also, some things so far:
- Going to 90 fov or above when centred shows space in your left arm when meleeing with your pistol.
- Some of the playlist titles display weird titles instead of the gametype and description.
- When this crashes, it HARD crashes. Had to completely restart my computer.

Yeah I finally got the chance to try campaign and I'm wondering if the mouse aiming is still a little... different. I haven't played real PC multiplayer in a while but I've catching up on FPS campaigns, and it feels odd somehow compared to those games. There's also the fact the reticles have big empty spaces in the middle and bloom is still a thing, which doesn't help.

Honestly I'm kind of dreading playing MP since I am old man gamer now, but I'll give it a shot this weekend.

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I finally got the chance to try campaign and I'm wondering if the mouse aiming is still a little... different. I haven't played real PC multiplayer in a while but I've catching up on FPS campaigns, and it feels odd somehow compared to those games. There's also the fact the reticles have big empty spaces in the middle and bloom is still a thing, which doesn't help.

Honestly I'm kind of dreading playing MP since I am old man gamer now, but I'll give it a shot this weekend.
It's what you'd expect. Modes with minimal bloom issues(ie Snipers/Arcade Firefight) are really fun. Modes with bloom issues(standard DMR/AR/Pistol) are really frustrating. I think it's even more frustrating on PC because I was absolutely 100% sure that my crosshair was on them, but nah that bullet went 5% off center because it can.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
AR starts should not exist in Reach or H3 matchmaking.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not just the maps but clear visual
AR starts should not exist in Reach or H3 matchmaking.

I've always just thought if they want to push a less precise gaming mode just make some maps or playlist/modes that don't have BR pickups etc. AR starts and not the decimation that comes with. Map curation would hopefully remove ARs on sandtarp for example.

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017
Reach is actually pretty fun so far! Bloom still sucks, but people also apparently really suck at dealing with it. You can't spam the magnum across an invasion map and expect it to do much.

There is definitely at advantage with a controller, at least for me, although it's probably not as huge as it seems if you're more used to the controller. The auto-aim but especially the bullet magnetism seem a bit too strong, though.

I have one of them mice with too many buttons mapped to all the important things, but the controller still seems way more convenient for quickly going between jump/shoot/grenades/melee/armor ability. But that's probably just because I'm so used to the playing Halo with the Elite controller at this point.

Teammates can still be pretty brain dead though, which can make something complicated like invasion irritating. Hey man, maybe you should use the falcon, to, like, stop the core so we win, instead of fucking around with two guys on the other side of the map.

Nov 2, 2017
I don't post often but I'm wondering if anyone can help me find players to play with. I started playing the mcc online for the first time in ages and would like more people to play with, does haloera have a club on Xbox or somethinga?

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually shocked it runs sort of decently on my Pro 6. Got some audio issues though.

Oh very interesting! Would you mind providing some more details?

Also, can you run Forge on a 6?

I have dreadful battery life and it's starting to get slow, I was thinking of upgrading to either a 6 or 7 this month, I don't 'game' whatsoever on it, but it would be nice to have a second screen for doing forge stuff.

As a bit of shameless promotion, Forward Unto Dawn posted a retrospective review for The Fall of Reach's 18th anniversary (yes you are old.)

If you don't like reading, there's a video capsule version below:

End promotion.

ZbSPXp6.jpg

I'm def gonna check that out tho!

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
The age of the Halo franchise is one of the primary reasons I feel old. I blame Bungie and 343i.

Last edited:

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
As a bit of shameless promotion, Forward Unto Dawn posted a retrospective review for The Fall of Reach's 18th anniversary (yes you are old.)

If you don't like reading, there's a video capsule version below:

End promotion.

What a write up. Reach is such a nice and easy read, Nylund's pacing for most of the book is phenomenal. The way he described the Keyes Loop still remains the highlight of the Halo book franchise, with only a few other set pieces coming close.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Gets lucky with an MCC Insider PC Flight and Scavengers Playtest (Josh Holmes' new game) invite ---> ISP issues for 5 days now... -.-

Also, 11 days until X019 London. Please let there be Infinite news.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
That is how it was for other Halo games. Halo 2 and 3 for example.
Halo 2 had the E3 2003 demo that at least showed what they were aiming for and highlighted some of the changes to the gameplay. Bungie also had their series of vidocs for H3 and had a beta in May of 2007.

Also, the context is different. 343 has more to prove and previously promised that they'd have a meaningful beta for their future titles. If they wait too long for Infinite, it means they won't actually be able to implement feedback.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't their Infinite blog post from E3 basically say to wait until next E3?

It is pretty amazing that it releases in a year and they haven't actually shown anything in-game (and probably won't for another six months or so).

Campaign blowout will probably be at E3 2020, but I don't think they will wait with MP Flighting until E3 2020, especially after this tweet:

We also had rumors about Pepsi (Mountain Dew) filming a live action trailer for Halo, which was/is on a tight schedule.

Both of these things make me believe that something will happen at X019, but there's obviously always the chance that nothing will happen at all.

I'm hoping for the best here.

Status
Not open for further replies.