• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
Tomorrow is announcement for the future of HCS. Can't wait for the Infinite info.

It's just gonna be about Reach isnt it :(

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Halo 5 has been a lagfest for years. It always matches me with people in Mexico and South America and there's tons of rubber banding, delay, etc. It's one of the many reasons I hardly play the game anymore.

Vespa

Oct 26, 2017
Halo 5 has been a lagfest for years. It always matches me with people in Mexico and South America and there's tons of rubber banding, delay, etc. It's one of the many reasons I hardly play the game anymore.

Yep, same. Magnetism and Aim-Assist turn off and you get what feels like input lag, can't fire the pistol at the full rate of fire. Yet I still play because when it works it's such good gunplay T_T

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Halo 5 Pistol is okay, but Halo Infinite's Pistol needs to SOUND like a fucking BEAST again. Enough of this soft sounding shit. I'm pissed. Let's get a beefy fucker again, not some shit that sounds softer than fuckin Moose.

It's crazy out here man. #SaveThePistolSaveHalo

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
Don't forget that it'll be on PC! Cause nothing says established esport league than switching platforms.
They'll probably run both console and PC tournaments. The events this year have tended to have both H3 and H5.

Also, this assumes that they actually host an HCS event and don't farm it out to UGC or somebody, like they've been doing all year.

Oct 26, 2017
I hope MCC integrating a season system shows 343 willing to move away from RNG for Infinite. God damn I'm so excited for the future of Halo again.

Oct 26, 2017
Don't be. Have you seen what's been going on with Gears skins? Prepare yourself for the worst.
  • $20 for Mk. V helmet
  • $20 for Mk. V armor
  • $35 for Mk. V helmet/armor combo
I still have hope, if they do seasonal unlocks that can be monitized by skipping tiers, providing new cosmetic unlocks for either a credit or a paid currency, and then offering a season pass subscription by year for maybe ~30 that allows you to access every season of content and unlock all cosmetics through the base credit system then I would be happy with that. And if I like the game I'd definitely purchase that.

Also, if they really base their armor customization off of Reach and create variants for major armor pieces like what was done with the helmets, there will be plenty of content to unlock each season. RNG systems can go die in a fire, so this is definitely making the best of an unoptimal situation.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
If we get new cosmetics in Reach for MCC I hope we get a real Mk. V helmet as well as a real security helmet.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
oh it will be about infinite!?

maybe there will be a tease/info for flighting too. maybe. still, hyped!

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017
Halo 5 Pistol is okay, but Halo Infinite's Pistol needs to SOUND like a fucking BEAST again. Enough of this soft sounding shit. I'm pissed. Let's get a beefy fucker again, not some shit that sounds softer than fuckin Moose.

It's crazy out here man. #SaveThePistolSaveHalo

Yeah I don't know what they were thinking with the sound design. "Players will never admit they love soothing bubble-wrap like weapon blasts!!"

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
You would think they would have to do flighting sooner than later with the game being out in a year.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
If they can stick with having a perpetual year-long roadmap, that's big. Keeps fans and players engaged since you always know when the next events are going to be.

I like that they're increasing prize pools, paying for player travel and lodging, and getting serious about getting the big orgs back involved in the HCS. They should've been doing these all along, but we're getting there. That last bit is crucial because pretty much every big org left by the last year of H5 (and none of them stuck with this half-assed season of H3).

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
Can Anyone provide a tldr version please?
  • Year-long HCS roadmap announced before the launch of Infinite.
  • They've been reaching out to big orgs for the last six months to ensure Infinite support.
  • Increasing emphasis on growing HCS in non-US territories.
  • Increasing prize pools.
  • Paying for player travel and lodging.
  • More transparency with fans and players.
  • They're still figuring out PC versus console.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
  • Year-long HCS roadmap announced before the launch of Infinite.
  • They've been reaching out to big orgs for the last six months to ensure Infinite support.
  • Increasing emphasis on growing HCS in non-US territories.
  • Increasing prize pools.
  • Paying for player travel and lodging.
  • More transparency with fans and players.
  • They're still figuring out PC versus console.
Thank you!

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
All I want is just a more professional stream presentation that doesn't waste our time with frequent downtime and analysis at the desk for 45 minutes while waiting for the next game. Some of those H5 tournaments were embarrassing and ran for like 12 hours on days.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
i went to team beyond to see what i expected to be more in depth analysis of the HCS post. incite into some of the decisions, where 343's plan may be lacking. instead it was nothing but negativity and memes. frankly, not sure why, but i was SHOCKED

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i went to team beyond to see what i expected to be more in depth analysis of the HCS post. incite into some of the decisions, where 343's plan may be lacking. instead it was nothing but negativity and memes. frankly, not sure why, but i was SHOCKED

Team Beyond's community has always been shit imo. That one forger who Multilockon who made transphobic posts and made sexist remarks regarding female 343i employees is a part of that community.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017

C5RXVrS.gif

For crossplay just give the option to toggle input based/any input/off

Matching controllers vs. controllers is apparently already possible, although I don't know if any games actually do this with crossplay? Would be awesome if they could do that for both MCC and Infinite. They would also need to make sure that people can't change their input device mid game in controller matchmaking.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
C5RXVrS.gif

Matching controllers vs. controllers is apparently already possible, although I don't know if any games actually do this with crossplay? Would be awesome if they could do that for both MCC and Infinite. They would also need to make sure that people can't change their input device mid game in controller matchmaking.
Cod MW matches based on input and crossplay is on by default.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
To some extent, I do understand the negativity, considering how they've handled the last couple years of the HCS. But I think this plan and this level of transparency a year out from Infinite is such a strong step in the right direction.

My biggest problems have been the modest prize pools, the lack of a clear schedule, and them letting big orgs constantly walk out (which then leads to things like the smaller viewership numbers, players leaving for other games, etc). They seem to have taken steps to address all that stuff. It's pretty commendable!

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
To some extent, I do understand the negativity, considering how they've handled the last couple years of the HCS. But I think this plan and this level of transparency a year out from Infinite is such a strong step in the right direction.

My biggest problems have been the modest prize pools, the lack of a clear schedule, and them letting big orgs constantly walk out (which then leads to things like the smaller viewership numbers, players leaving for other games, etc). They seem to have taken steps to address all that stuff. It's pretty commendable!

it is commendable and hopefully all comes together and we have something special in HCS and just halo infinite in general.

i appreciate TB for what it is. as far as i'm aware there is absolutely no other place to really discuss halo esports and there are many amazing posters. its always been a pretty negative place, but i did go in expecting some discussion of the waypont post and there was literally none. perhaps the scene is just so dead right now that news hasnt spread or people want 343 to show them and not tell them at this point

Oct 17, 2018
Lmao Team Beyond. Was playing ElDewrito a few months ago and there was a dude there who kept shit talking about how "the only reason he was losing was because we weren't playing on real game modes or maps because it wasn't MLG" and every match I dicked him and he kept saying how it didn't count and how I should shut the fuck up and I'm a "fag" because he's never seen my name on an international MLG stage. Looked him up and one of the results was Team Beyond, so yeah, they're probably not a great community.

I'd never seen his name on an internation stage either though 🤔

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017
Team Beyond's community has always been shit imo. That one forger who Multilockon who made transphobic posts and made sexist remarks regarding female 343i employees is a part of that community.

Yep that's now my first association with Beyond. That whole thing is still hilarious to me, like of course absolutely shitting on your (then-future) employer and co-workers will get you fired. Was great seeing, you know, consequences for being a toxic moron on the internet.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that guy seems like a dirtbag, but we do have Moose here so.. I guess each community has its issues.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Just a thought ... do you think Infinite will have a 120fps MP Mode (mostly tied to arena)? Since xbox has been talking about the ability to have games up to 120fps with scarlett.

xb1/s/x 60fps
scarlett 120fps

resolution on both will be dynamic/whateverelsetheywanttouse

I could see a good bullet point of competitive halo having 120fps. Perhaps the next iteration is to have mixer broadcasts capable of being in 120fps starting end of 2020?

i mean, id definitely buy a scarlett if i knew infinite would be 120fps on it. of course id need to buy a better tv, but still.. id buy it lol

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure the same guy went on to make a post about how he was making his own game as an independent developer and that it would be the best FPS created and that he was literally being guided by god.

I'm not kidding, the guy pretty much said he was god's gift to level design.

Status
Not open for further replies.