• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NOKYARD

Oct 25, 2017
Yep that's now my first association with Beyond. That whole thing is still hilarious to me, like of course absolutely shitting on your (then-future) employer and co-workers will get you fired. Was great seeing, you know, consequences for being a toxic moron on the internet.
That whole episode was very surprising to me. I had worked with him on a couple of projects,as well as clashed horns a few times, thought he was a talented passionate forger and never saw that side of him until it was revealed here and elsewhere. On the bright side, the forgers they did hire from the community are doing a stellar job.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Just a thought ... do you think Infinite will have a 120fps MP Mode (mostly tied to arena)? Since xbox has been talking about the ability to have games up to 120fps with scarlett.

xb1/s/x 60fps
scarlett 120fps

resolution on both will be dynamic/whateverelsetheywanttouse

I could see a good bullet point of competitive halo having 120fps. Perhaps the next iteration is to have mixer broadcasts capable of being in 120fps starting end of 2020?

i mean, id definitely buy a scarlett if i knew infinite would be 120fps on it. of course id need to buy a better tv, but still.. id buy it lol
Any reason why 120? What about 90? Or hell, just unlocked for gsync (or whatever it's called)

To answer your question though, yeah, I'd expect it. Should be a given if base x1 is still planning to Target 60 fps in mp (a big if in my opinion!)

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017
Just a thought ... do you think Infinite will have a 120fps MP Mode (mostly tied to arena)? Since xbox has been talking about the ability to have games up to 120fps with scarlett.

xb1/s/x 60fps
scarlett 120fps

resolution on both will be dynamic/whateverelsetheywanttouse

I could see a good bullet point of competitive halo having 120fps. Perhaps the next iteration is to have mixer broadcasts capable of being in 120fps starting end of 2020?

i mean, id definitely buy a scarlett if i knew infinite would be 120fps on it. of course id need to buy a better tv, but still.. id buy it lol

More frames is more better (there is science to back this up), but I'm not sure if it'd be worth it since I assume most displays (i.e., TVs) will still be 60hz anyway.

Personally I'm perfectly happy with 60fps as long as the response time is good. I've been playing the Reach Flight FPS unlocked on my 165hz monitor, and I can't say it makes a mind-blowing difference.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
if the standard is moved up to 60fps from 30 that'll be enough for now. we need to get rid of the idea that sacrificing frames will always be necessary for games to look good. the goal should be eventually maxing out on all forms of fidelity.

Terin

Oct 31, 2017
It feels like compared to last gen, this gen had a good chunk more of 60FPS titles... but yeah, unless Scarlett is very powerful, and Infinite runs very well on base Xbox Ones, I can't see 120FPS happening for it. Would love to see it, though.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Good thing they extended the Reach flight, I was writing the following in bullets: "FUNKNOWN is a toggle crouching BK that can't land his shots with the CE pistol" and the bullet decals disappeared before I could write the whole thing out. More work obviously needs to be done.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I check here every couple of weeks to see if there's any interesting Infinite news, and an always disappointed.

I need more info.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping to finally see something at X019.

If not then we're probably gonna have to wait all the way until E3 with some sort of multiplayer beta later in the summer or something.

No way they are waiting til E3, 5 months for marketing would be an outlier, usually its like a 9 month thing

Im betting we get a game informer in the spring or something

but ofcourse on christmas we will all be playing the secret beta that Im not supposed to tell yall about
-ly hopeful that Im right, cause Im just making that up

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
I'm going to lose my mind if we don't get even 5 seconds of Halo Infinite gameplay at X019.

And it sucks because we probably aren't going to get ANY Halo infinite footage.

NOKYARD

Oct 25, 2017
Good thing they extended the Reach flight, I was writing the following in bullets: "FUNKNOWN is a toggle crouching BK that can't land his shots with the CE pistol" and the bullet decals disappeared before I could write the whole thing out. More work obviously needs to be done.
noted, submitted a ticket

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
I'd be surprised if Infinite was even mentioned at X019.
Yeah, they won't talk about it. If they have anything Halo, it'll be Reach and MCC PC, although I don't expect Reach this year at this rate.

I just think it really sucks that it's a year out and they won't say anything. They should get out in front and be honest with people about how the game plays with regard to all the big divisive community issues like sprint and spartan abilities. They're never gonna please everybody, but they can at least say, hey, this is what we decided and why.

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, they won't talk about it. If they have anything Halo, it'll be Reach and MCC PC, although I don't expect Reach this year at this rate.

I just think it really sucks that it's a year out and they won't say anything. They should get out in front and be honest with people about how the game plays with regard to all the big divisive community issues like sprint and spartan abilities. They're never gonna please everybody, but they can at least say, hey, this is what we decided and why.

While it would be nice to know more as a fan, there's really not a good reason for them to reveal much of anything this early.

It's too early for the hype to have a meaningful impact on sales, and the divisive stuff will only piss off a set of hardcore fans either way. I personally remember melting down over smartlink/ADS and it turned out to be a fairly minor issue. Then there's the issue of showing stuff that changes in the final game, and you have people eternally disappointed about stencil shadows or whatever in the H2 E3 demo.

I think they're smart for concentrating on MCC PC and Reach for the moment, and then hitting us with Infinite stuff later.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I just hope they also go all out on the marketing.

The Gears 5 ads were ass. First time Gears didn't have a hype trailer or anything like that.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok I tried mcc again with some friends and I'm on the verge of uninstalling again.

It's been HOW MANY YEARS of just abysmal playlist management.

I cannot stand AR starts and the one br game we got was 4v4 last resort.

343 fucking PLEASE

Big Special

Nov 7, 2019
Oregon
AR starting is fine ,what's wrong?
The AR is a fairly weak weapon when compared to the BR, and it's only really useful in close quarters. It's generally preferred for the starting weapon to be a utility weapon that can headshot and kill quickly. I don't mind AR starts but BR starts definitely increase the pace of the game and prevent matches from being 1-sided if one team manages to scoop up all the BRs and power weapons before the other can.

Unless you're talking Halo 5, where it doesn't make that big of a difference.

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017

1) In Halo 2/3/Reach you will run into situations where you will spawn and get obliterated by a team that managed to get the on-map precision weapons, with no way to recover.
2) The AR/SMG is designed to make bad people feel good. However, it also makes good people feel bad.*

*...by which I mean precision weapons are infinitely more fun and interesting to use once you become marginally skilled at the game. The AR exists for new/low skill players to mindlessly blast at people and still have something happen.

EDIT: Dammit, what I came here to write: PC Reach thoughts!

I would give a slight advantage to the controller in default bloom gameplay compared to a mouse, but TU seems to exacerbate it. I don't know if it's the magnetism or what, but the controller owns at TU gametypes on smaller maps.

SWAT and Snipers are still easier with a mouse. Snipers almost turns into a joke with how easy it is to no-scope. With SWAT the precision of that first shot is obviously more important, and that's easier with a mouse.

Also, what the fuck is it with people quitting? Really disappointing, had three matches that were 3v4 tonight out of eight or so.

Last edited:

Big Special

Nov 7, 2019
Oregon
Also, what the fuck is it with people quitting? Really disappointing, had three matches that were 3v4 tonight out of eight or so.
That's been a problem for as long as I can remember. Better question would be why 343 is so reluctant to allow mid-game joining in social games. That was one of the few things I thought they did right with Halo 4 but apparently they don't agree.

HTupolev

Oct 27, 2017
AR starting is fine ,what's wrong?
Because not having a utility weapon puts you at a huge and very annoying disadvantage to people who have a utility weapon. Control of utility weapons becomes the emphasis, and the snowball effect is extremely strong. Lots of games quickly end up in a situation where one team is being spawnkilled with no means of fighting back, and the other team is "enjoying" a spawnkilling snoozefest where they can maintain dominance at zero effort. Wins tend to be less interesting, and losses are infinitely more frustrating.

NOKYARD

Oct 25, 2017
That's been a problem for as long as I can remember. Better question would be why 343 is so reluctant to allow mid-game joining in social games. That was one of the few things I thought they did right with Halo 4 but apparently they don't agree.
Did reach originally feature JiP? If so, it could simply be turned off for the insider build.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I hate JIP simply because 9 times out of 10 you are being thrown into a match that your team is losing and there is no way to turn the match around.

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck JIP, it was never fun for the joinee and never helped the team missing players.

If you must offer JIP, it needs to show situation before loading the match and ask "do you want to join this game?".

Akai

Oct 25, 2017

Kinda unexpected, but a good way to market the game. Probably approaching release soon, if they feel confident enough to host a Twitch Rivals event for it.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like it would be pretty hard to have a tournament for a game that doesnt exist?

Release date pre Nov 12 confirmed?

Ghostavus

Nov 16, 2017
I hate JIP simply because 9 times out of 10 you are being thrown into a match that your team is losing and there is no way to turn the match around.

I wish they could do a JIP toggle for people. I'm glad to join games to balance and appreciate when others do as well. I get that not everyone feels that way though. But if we could opt in/out of it that would help keep at least some games balanced after quitters. I'm glad to take one for the team lol.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Halo 5 is the only Halo where the default out of the box matchmaking settings were remotely decent.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Halo 5 is the only Halo where the default out of the box matchmaking settings were remotely decent.
You gave yourself a save here by saying "matchmaking settings," but we both know you fukt up by not including CE.
I also enjoy AR starting. Having players fight for utility and power weapons makes for more dynamic and interesting matches.

BR starts can be incredibly dull where every match plays out exactly the same.
You know what's even worse? Having 4 enemy players with BR's, or hell let's say 8 enemy players if it's BTB, destroying you as you creep towards one or two BR locations to split between your team.

Yes. This is prime Halo.
  • Spawn -> crawl to precision rifle -> die -> rinse/repeat
  • Spawn -> get lucky with a close spawn on a rifle -> random teammate nades in your direction because they see a red dot on their radar -> die -> rinse/repeat
  • Spawn -> Moose is on your team and splatters you with a Mongoose cuz he's a baboon -> rinse/repeat

Status
Not open for further replies.