• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Damn son, jem showing his true colors. That's manipulation right there. Straight up propaganda. Bias. Never trust those who willingly exclude CE from franchise discussions.

Fight the system. Fight those who oppose the truth.

#SaveThePistolSaveHalo

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
  • Spawn -> get lucky with a close spawn on a rifle -> random teammate nades in your direction because they see a red dot on their radar -> die -> rinse/repeat
  • Spawn -> Moose is on your team and splatters you with a Mongoose cuz he's a baboon -> rinse/repeat

I was also the random teammate who naded you in this particular instance, but make no mistake it was no accident.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
So we need newer standards. More than just dedicated servers.
Low latency
Ping
And whatever else I don't know about that will
Improve the QOL when playing fast paced twitch mp games

Vespa

Oct 26, 2017
So we need newer standards. More than just dedicated servers.
Low latency
Ping
And whatever else I don't know about that will
Improve the QOL when playing fast paced twitch mp games

It's annoying there aren't even colour bars like the older titles. MCC got an update that shows the server location before a match, at least give us that.

They definitely need more dedicated servers, they're not using every Azure location they have available, maybe there's a reason for that but when you see a game like Titanfall 2 using Google and Amazon on top of Azure it's frustrating.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
If you want to maintain your sanity then avoid the Halo subreddit right now. The entire thing is people complaining about black actors.

Oct 26, 2017

Can't believe they chose these two to replace Chief and Cortana, completely goes against the established characters

Last edited:

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
If the argument was framed as "We have been waiting for Halo on film for a long time, and we really wanted to have a game accurate adaptation that touches on our favorite moments", I'd get it. But that's not what's happening. What's happening is "Keyes is BLACK?! 😡😡😡" and makes them look like a chud.

Tl;dr - Halo fans don't get anything nice

OP
OP
Poodlestrike

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
If the argument was framed as "We have been waiting for Halo on film for a long time, and we really wanted to have a game accurate adaptation that touches on our favorite moments", I'd get it. But that's not what's happening. What's happening is "Keyes is BLACK?! 😡😡😡" and makes them look like a chud.

Tl;dr - Halo fans don't get anything nice
Yeah, that's some gross shit.

I like the look of the cast, and the showrunner is apparently real good. Very curious to see where this goes.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The biggest offense is that there is a covenant raised human.

Fucking wat? The children can argue about their casting being ruined (though I agree, some of those picks do seem odd) but that's like if Skynet raised a human. No son.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
The biggest offense is that there is a covenant raised human.

Fucking wat? The children can argue about their casting being ruined (though I agree, some of those picks do seem odd) but that's like if Skynet raised a human. No son.
I saw a fairly convincing argument that it could be the covenant needed a human to interact with forerunner technology so they decided to raise one instead of just abducting people.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I saw a fairly convincing argument that it could be the covenant needed a human to interact with forerunner technology so they decided to raise one instead of just abducting people.
I'm gonna go with a yikes and wait and see.

If they change too much, why even tell a Halo story? I was thinking cannon or cannon adjacent. Not...alter huge details on the fly.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Eh...I disagree but we'll see.
How do you disagree?

What details are they altering?

We know that the covenant takes in humans on occasion, Halsey for example.

The covenant have a very good reason for needing a human in that they are the only race which can interact with forerunner tech.

It's not altering any previously established lore.

Zeouter

Oct 27, 2017
Ireland
I had no idea there were people who took the casting negatively in that way and for some reason went to reddit to check.

Fuck. Fuckeddy fuck fuck.
Really awful shit. Hope the show is great, as a particular f-u to these assholes.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do you disagree?

The covenant have a very good reason for needing a human in that they are the only race which can interact with forerunner tech.

It would be hard to keep that masquerade going to me.

Oct 25, 2017
How do you disagree?

The character descriptions for established people like Keyes are substantially different than what we know. At this point, especially given the track record of live action Halo and repeated statements by 343 that they aren't prioritizing canon, I don't think it's unreasonable to not expect everything is just going to work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.