• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
im in the minority of saying that reach MP was not fun at all with that clunky movement. glad they are able to bring it to current gen consoles/pc though. what a feat that must have been.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
im in the minority of saying that reach MP was not fun at all with that clunky movement. glad they are able to bring it to current gen consoles/pc though. what a feat that must have been.
Is that a minority opinion? I feel like the general community consensus is that the Reach multiplayer isn't good. Bad maps, armor abilities, reticule bloom. I really don't have much of a desire to go back to it.

Ryouji Gunblade

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
California
Is that a minority opinion? I feel like the general community consensus is that the Reach multiplayer isn't good. Bad maps, armor abilities, reticule bloom. I really don't have much of a desire to go back to it.
Let's not forget the flipping warthogs, insane banshee spam, and armor lock against ghosts.

I like Invasion, but the vehicles were not balanced against DMRs and Snipers.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
i feel like i am in the minority since it's a big launch and something that seems to have been requested by a lot of the Halo community.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i feel like i am in the minority since it's a big launch and something that seems to have been requested by a lot of the Halo community.

There are a lot of people who view Halo Reach very fondly. I think a lot of them skew younger. A lot of the hype also comes from a very solid campaign where issues like maps, abilities or even bloom didn't matter much. More casual players liked it because many felt frustrated with Halo 3's lack of sprint at a time when Call of Duty was becoming the new hotness. Casual players really enjoyed armor abilities.

Halo Reach also had an insane install base at a time when Halo's cultural relevance was still pretty big. Because of this, the community felt a lot bigger. I won't deny the Reach years were a hell of a lot of fun and I had an absolute blast playing the game. But I remember constantly complaining about the game while playing it and on forums. It was constantly ripped apart on HaloGAF. I do think a lot of people forget how bad some of its gameplay elements were because it was just the game everyone played anyway. And fun times with your friends can overcome bad gameplay.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Random but they should really put Halo Wars 2 on Steam it's a good game that deserves a bigger audience.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Minority with that opinion? MINORITY....... with THAT opinion?!

G0SU pliss.
There are a lot of people who view Halo 3 very fondly. I think a lot of them skew younger. A lot of the hype also comes from a very solid campaign where issues like sluggish movement, inconsistent gunplay or even the wack equipment didn't matter much. More casual players liked it because raisins. Casual players really enjoyed it because they didn't know any better, or they started with Halo 2 in which Halo 3 was a more natural progression in features, gameplay, etc.

Halo 3 also had an insane install base at a time when Halo's cultural relevance was still pretty big. Because of this, the community felt a lot bigger. I won't deny the Halo 3 years were a hell of a lot of fun and I had an absolute blast playing the game. But I remember constantly complaining about the game while playing it and on forums. It was constantly ripped apart on communities by the handful of Halo 1 fans, comparatively. I do think a lot of people forget how bad some of its gameplay elements were because it was just the game everyone played anyway. And fun times with your friends can overcome bad gameplay.
You're right. Halo 3 played like shit in 2007 and those who recognized it at the time were and likely still are wise beyond belief.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
There are a lot of people who view Halo Reach very fondly. I think a lot of them skew younger. A lot of the hype also comes from a very solid campaign where issues like maps, abilities or even bloom didn't matter much. More casual players liked it because many felt frustrated with Halo 3's lack of sprint at a time when Call of Duty was becoming the new hotness. Casual players really enjoyed armor abilities.

Halo Reach also had an insane install base at a time when Halo's cultural relevance was still pretty big. Because of this, the community felt a lot bigger. I won't deny the Reach years were a hell of a lot of fun and I had an absolute blast playing the game. But I remember constantly complaining about the game while playing it and on forums. It was constantly ripped apart on HaloGAF. I do think a lot of people forget how bad some of its gameplay elements were because it was just the game everyone played anyway. And fun times with your friends can overcome bad gameplay.
Yeah, from people I talk to that are excited about Reach, it's either younger people for whom it was their first real Halo experience or people excited to play it all on PC. For most of the PC crowd, this is going to be their first Halo, or their first one since the Halo 2 Vista port.

I think your last point is going hit a lot of people hard that haven't touched the game in 7-8 years, though: People have forgotten how bad the game feels to play. Even in TU settings, it's just not that much fun because of reasons that have talked about a million times since 2010. I truly think it's the worst pvp experience in the series.

Oct 26, 2017
Boys I can't do it any more, it's been over 4 years since a Halo game came out and I'm thirsting for a new one

Please 343 just one detail please

9439860.jpg

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017

Minority with that opinion? MINORITY....... with THAT opinion?!

G0SU pliss.

You're right. Halo 3 played like shit in 2007 and those who recognized it at the time were and likely still are wise beyond belief.

1ymhg.jpg

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Hay Guyz -- are we really going to get info about Infinite at TGA or are we just super, very duper hopeful that it will be there?
T___T im bored of other FPS and i'm dying for Halo Infinite.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
People hoping to see Infinite before maybe Microsoft's official Scarlett unveil are going to be really disappointed.

AustinFordGames

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Scarlett reveal in February to highlight the step up in console generation and what that means for Xbox going forward, since this is going to be the first Xbox console that is so compatible with previous generation.

Mark my words...

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I just played something called Shift Slayer in Action Sack and it was actually pretty dope. A little wonky given the limitations but a very cool idea, nonetheless.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York

lol sorry I should have explained.

It's basically 4v4 slayer where if you hold X it does the animation as if you picked up a power-up but in this it "shifts" you to a different version of the same map. If the other player is on the other map you see them as a glowing ball which means if you shift over you can then fight them. There's a little timer on shifting so you can't spam it over and over.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

It's basically 4v4 slayer where if you hold X it does the animation as if you picked up a power-up but in this it "shifts" you to a different version of the same map. If the other player is on the other map you see them as a glowing ball which means if you shift over you can then fight them. There's a little timer on shifting so you can't spam it over and over.
Ohh, I remember that being talked about here. Sounds fun.

Oct 26, 2017

So like that TF2 campaign mission?

Deleted member 5519

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 20284

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

zooj

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ames, IA
Hi, is this the place to talk about Halo and how cool of a dude he is?

Just preordered MCC on PC, the hype got to me, I also miss playing with all of your beautiful voices.

Also, no podcast will reach the lofty heights that was Reclaimer Radio ;)

Deleted member 20284

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
We just had a lot to talk about. Would love feedback though. Would you prefer it was much shorter? If enough people don't care for the length...we'll adjust. Thanks!

I'd be the worst podcast demographic to cater for, I don't listen to them very often. That said for me personally 30-60 mins is probably tops for my attention span while on in the work headphones background.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
We just had a lot to talk about. Would love feedback though. Would you prefer it was much shorter? If enough people don't care for the length...we'll adjust. Thanks!

I think the golden mark for a podcast is about a hour. Bite sized chunks work a bit better for people, since you have a module to digest instead of a big block of info. I haven't listened to your podcast yet but I assume you have the information already kind of broken into chunks. Making them seperate episodes might help from having people tune in and out.

Just my two cents as a podcast listener.

You're lucky I like the cut of your jib.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if it was posted here yet (wouldn't be surprised considering the scandal with channel awesome) but the most recent nostalgia critic video has a big connection to Halo.

OP
OP
Poodlestrike

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
4 hour podcasts, good God. Back when I did one, if we went over 90 minutes the guy doing audio would try to kill thw rest of us with his mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.