• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh no

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Was playing big team in MCC last night and had a really laggy game. Grenades appearing like a second after the throwing animation etc. Then the game had a host change when someone quit. I thought it was all dedicated servers now? Shit was rough.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Was playing big team in MCC last night and had a really laggy game. Grenades appearing like a second after the throwing animation etc. Then the game had a host change when someone quit. I thought it was all dedicated servers now? Shit was rough.
They're doing some sort of maintenance so the dedicated servers are off at the moment.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
SOCIAL GAMES
  • 1v1 Matchmaking
    • Game Categories: Slayer
    • Maps: Countdown, Zealot, and Forge World (MLG Element, MLG Sanctuary)
    • Settings: Hardcore ZBNS
  • 2v2 Matchmaking
    • Game Categories: Slayer, Flag & Bomb, Zone Control, Asset Denial
    • Maps: Countdown, Powerhouse, Reflection, Anchor 9, Battle Canyon, Solitary, and Forge World (Asylum, Select)
    • Settings: Title Update
  • 4v4 Matchmaking
    • Game Categories: Slayer, Flag and Bomb, Zone Control, Asset Denial, Action Sack, SWAT, Snipers, and Grifball*
    • Maps: Boardwalk, Countdown, Powerhouse, Reflection, Sword Base, Zealot, Anchor 9, Tempest, Condemned, Battle Canyon, Penance, Solitary, High Noon, and Forge World (various)
    • Settings: Title Update (Grifball is Vanilla)
  • 8p FFA Matchmaking
    • Game Categories: Slayer, Zone Control, Asset Denial, Action Sack, SWAT, and Snipers
    • Maps: Boardwalk, Countdown, Powerhouse, Reflection, Sword Base, Zealot, Anchor 9, Condemned, Battle Canyon, Penance, Solitary, High Noon, and Forge World (various)
  • 12p FFA Matchmaking
    • Game Categories: Infection
    • Maps: Boardwalk, Countdown, Powerhouse, Reflection, Sword Base, Zealot, Anchor 9, Condemned, Penance, Solitary, and Breakneck
    • Settings: Vanilla
  • 8v8 Matchmaking
    • Game Categories: Slayer, Flag and Bomb, Zone Control, Asset Denial, Action Sack, and Snipers
    • Maps: Boardwalk, Boneyard, Spire, Breakpoint, Tempest, Highlands, Ridgeline, High Noon, Breakneck, and Forge World (various)
COMPETITIVE GAMES
  • Halo: Reach Team Hardcore
    • Game Variants: Hardcore Slayer, Hardcore CTF 3, Hardcore CTF 5, and Hardcore King
    • Maps: Countdown, Zealot, Battle Canyon, Penance, Forge World (MLG Sanctuary, MLG Pit, MLG Nexus)
    • Settings: Hardcore ZBNS (based on MLG v7)
  • Invasion
    • Game Variants: Invasion
    • Maps: Boneyard, Spire, Breakpoint, and Forge World (Broadcast, Floodgate, Overgrowth, Refinery)
    • Settings: Vanilla
FIREFIGHT
  • Heroic Firefight Limited
    • Game Variants: Firefight Limited and Generator Defense Limited
    • Maps: Beachhead, Corvette, Courtyard, Glacier, Holdout, Outpost, Overlook, Waterfront, Unearthed, and Installation 04
  • Firefight Arcade
    • Game Variants: Arcadefight, Fiestafight, Fistfight, FRGfight, Nadefight, Plasmafight, Rocketfight, and Sniperfight
    • Maps: Beachhead, Corvette, Courtyard, Glacier, Holdout, Outpost, Overlook, Waterfront, Unearthed, and Installation 04
------------------

NO SQUAD SLAYER.

RIOT

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
I'm a bit surprised that the only ranked playlist is for hardcore. They're really gonna run Reach tournaments again, huh?

Oct 25, 2017
I remember hearing about a new progression system that includes rewards and seasons? Is that still a thing? MCC on PC is probably going to be my main GaaS-type game so having a strong and motivating progression system would be ideal

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I remember hearing about a new progression system that includes rewards and seasons? Is that still a thing? MCC on PC is probably going to be my main GaaS-type game so having a strong and motivating progression system would be ideal
Yeah it's still there. It's not like a traditional Battle Pass system as it's all free and once a new season starts you can still work through a previous one.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I basically hate the gametype pools and selections for social MM in MCC. It's a farce to go into social NOT competitive and get maps like Warlock and Team BRs, that ain't a fun gametype for solo searching.

It's not a one off either. I played about half a dozen games recently and recall at least 3 of those games thinking to myself why am I playing MLG games and maps against sweaty teams. It's really not what I want to play.

So I restrict searching to flag and bomb only across all games and no matches found in two different days of searching. Ugh, not the Halo I want to play. MCC is functionally in great shape, the population and maps/gametype pools are shot for me though.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Are literal babies playing this game at the moment. There seems to be a large influx of stupid players. Like, "I've never touched an FPS in my life and I don't know how to look and move at the same time" stupid. I'm observing other players as I play out of curiosity and it's almost baffling.

Last edited:

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know FUNKNOWN's gamertag was Dylan93004
ur mum
Imagine being this wrong on something...

And people say the Motion Tracker is a major crutch, lmao.

I shouldn't even be taking this low ass level ass bait ass bait, but just to Shut This Shit Down, let's think of this from a different angle --

Who is making more use of that radar? Little Johnny No Thumbs or the competent Halo player?​

The obvious answer there should clear up who radar empowers more. It's actually less of an aid to lesser skilled players than they think, especially when compared to a limited radar (w/ sprint) or no radar (w/o sprint).

Now -- more to your specific crutch comment, if you've actually paid attention to the arguments from Competent Radar Opposers (something you've never, ever shown to do in these discussions, BIG OFFENSE INTENDED not really :] ), you'd understand that there's a not insignificant degree of skill progression one is limiting by thinking something that takes up 5% screen estate is so crucial to not only their effectiveness in combat, but their actual e n j o y m e n t of the game. Think about that.

Sooooooooooo............. with that being said, there was some talk in this thread recently about notable duos? Well, I'll up ante by formally inducting Cranster into The Bad Opinion Train w/ the notable duo jem and Karl.

Oh and don't be fooled, the staff of conductors is quite long on that train.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
The real question is why would Defect choose to play Reach in 2019. Man can't wait for 343i to flip the switch so I can download Reach!

The Henery

Nov 3, 2017
Just seen the audio described as a "broken white noise generator" in Twitch chat. The sprint PANTING is LOUD in Reach. Also bloom is challenging for those not familiar with it.

Oct 17, 2018
Does MCC use the new gamertag system? Like if I change my name to something new, will it have numbers next to it in game if the name isn't unique?

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Halo's back on the menu, boys.

X0nMRvt.png

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gamechat ruled.

Bring back game chat. Bitch.

www.youtube.com

ShuddupBitch

SHUT UP BITCH, Halo Reach, Reach, Halo, Shut Up, Bitch, Halo 5, Halo 4, Halo 3, Halo 2, Halo 1, Shut up BITCHHHHH, HaloGAF, HGS, NeoGAF, Shuddup Bitch Shuddu...

Status
Not open for further replies.