• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The authentic halo experience, everyone quits. lol

C40D5BFDB4C2389387A8FB09B7A1BB074B7DDB7D

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
It's been a while so I forgot just how bad it was, but it can't be overstated how unbearable Reach multiplayer is.

On the other hand Mythic Arena is pretty fun!

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
Bloom defenders, AA lovers and now people want jet packs in the next Halo game?

It really does feel like 2010 again.
And I hate it

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Wassup gang! Feels like it's been ages since I stopped in here. How's Reach? How's this mythic playlist?

I couldn't be less interest in trying Reach for myself, but Mythic Arena sounds right up my alley. I struggle with the fact that they waited over 4 years to put something like this in matchmaking, but better late than never, I suppose.

Edit: holy shit, mythic is a proper Halo game. This is amazing. 😢
Edit2: omg why couldn't they launch with this. It's so liberating to be able to move quickly in any direction whilst still turning and shooting.everything just feels more fluid - fewer breaks in the action
Edit3: please tell me this is testing for infinite

Last edited:

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck, I'd forgotten just how bad swordbase is...

Possibly my least favourite map in the series.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Just managed to win a SWAT game 50-49 despite one of my teammates going -11.

That's not KD.

Their score was -11.

Their KD was -16.

Oct 25, 2017
The Reach release got me started on a replay of all the campaigns. And, like, I love this series, but every game has fucked up checkpointing. It's kind of unreal.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Wassup gang! Feels like it's been ages since I stopped in here. How's Reach? How's this mythic playlist?

I couldn't be less interest in trying Reach for myself, but Mythic Arena sounds right up my alley. I struggle with the fact that they waited over 4 years to put something like this in matchmaking, but better late than never, I suppose.

Edit: holy shit, mythic is a proper Halo game. This is amazing. 😢
Edit2: omg why couldn't they launch with this. It's so liberating to be able to move quickly in any direction whilst still turning and shooting.everything just feels more fluid - fewer breaks in the action
Edit3: please tell me this is testing for infinite

Yeah mythic is so damn good.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Wait so does this mythic playlist have no sprint? I didn't see any mention of sprint, but the base speed increase seems like that would be the case.

Im curious to see how it feels, because I can't stand playing Halo 1-3 anymore due to the lack of sprint and slow jumping. But with thruster pack and Halo 5's less floaty feeling I may love it.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Wait so does this mythic playlist have no sprint? I didn't see any mention of sprint, but the base speed increase seems like that would be the case.

Im curious to see how it feels, because I can't stand playing Halo 1-3 anymore due to the lack of sprint and slow jumping. But with thruster pack and Halo 5's less floaty feeling I may love it.
There's no sprint in the mythic playlist.

Thrust has been pretty massively nerfed though so it feels a bit shit and pointless.

If they were to change it to H5 pistol starts and return thrust to normal it would be pretty damn amazing imo.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
H2 BR is a bizarre choice. Gun is for babbies.

It is interesting tho whenever Halo 5 gets an Anniversary or Classic playlist that there's a lot of vocal support behind them.

Vespa

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, add a pistol start variant to the mythic playlist pls, team fire is a little too OP at the current 4 shot kill. I saw a few people using SMG in the mythic playlist, is it the pre-nerf variant?

I think I'm almost done with H5, probably will play until the end of the Xmas break where I hope local-ish numbers will get a slight bump but it seems our EU team only gets matched with people from crazy far now. It's kind of hilarious how the netcode deals with this and introduces input lag and disables AimAssist/Mag.

Actually I hope it gets added into MCC one day, maybe that could help with the player pool.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017

It's much faster than halo 1-3, and frankly feels more fluid than H5 to me because everyone is empowered to stay in the action since there's no incentive to turn away to retreat.

My only gripe is BR instead of magnum but I get it. 5 shots is a lot to ask when people can strafe this hard. It probably would feel jittery to a lot of people.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Saw all the chatter about the Mythic playlist and wow, it's so awesome. This is honestly the direction I hope HI goes in. (for competitive play)

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
How many players are each of the campaigns when played in co-op? I thought the first couple were only two players, but it has been so long since I played them I just don't remember what's what.

Fathead

Oct 31, 2017
I don't know if I am just better or what but Reach legendary was not nearly as hard as I remembered.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing the pc version with controller on uncapped fps and it's so hard to go back to the console version.

Oct 26, 2017
Mythic Arena is the way brothers, I think 343i finally got it. This has to be the base used for Infinite's multiplayer no doubt. Although maps could be a bit more roomy. What's funny is I was literally telling my friend about what changes I wanted to see for movement and this gamemode is basically what I was describing to him to a tee. It's almost like Stinkles is living in my walls...

Also jesus I forgot how bad the lighting/saturation is in Halo 5.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
The only thing I would change is remove the floaty jumps. I know they did that because they removed clamber but just design the maps around it.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
Mythic Arena is the way brothers, I think 343i finally got it. This has to be the base used for Infinite's multiplayer no doubt. Although maps could be a bit more roomy. What's funny is I was literally telling my friend about what changes I wanted to see for movement and this gamemode is basically what I was describing to him to a tee. It's almost like Stinkles is living in my walls...

Also jesus I forgot how bad the lighting/saturation is in Halo 5.

let's hope not. reg team arena h5 plays like absolute butter and 343 shouldnt regress just to placate nostalgic fans.

Give me maps like Coliseum and Plaza (designed around h5 mechanics) over anything in the mythic playlist.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I would change is remove the floaty jumps. I know they did that because they removed clamber but just design the maps around it.
Yeah it feels like if I jump by accident I'll be up there exposed forever. Honestly for a core movement set I wouldn't mind if they added clamber in and kept everything else about the same.

I think we'll probably still see sprint though... really can't imagine them not putting it in.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Yeah it feels like if I jump by accident I'll be up there exposed forever. Honestly for a core movement set I wouldn't mind if they added clamber in and kept everything else about the same.

I think we'll probably still see sprint though... really can't imagine them not putting it in.

I would rather have no clamber and design the maps around it. I should always be able to traverse the map and have my gun out ready to shoot in Halo.

Oct 26, 2017
f89a5c4543d29fed8fd86e32996cadd5--halo-master-chief-future-husband.jpg

Also in terms of clamber, I wouldn't mind it so long as maps are designed around jumps. I'm only saying that because more casual fans enjoy some assistance with accessing verticallity, but it's clearly more advantageous if you don't since a skilled player can shoot while jumping into ledges. If that doesn't test well though then just drop it because maps should not be designed around it

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
If I had to bet on it I'd actually say Halo Infinite won't have sprint. I think it'll have no Spartan Abilities but I hope they keep thruster.

Nov 14, 2017
f89a5c4543d29fed8fd86e32996cadd5--halo-master-chief-future-husband.jpg

Also in terms of clamber, I wouldn't mind it so long as maps are designed around jumps. I'm only saying that because more casual fans enjoy some assistance with accessing verticallity, but it's clearly more advantageous if you don't since a skilled player can shoot while jumping into ledges. If that doesn't test well though then just drop it because maps should not be designed around it
This. Clamber is also useful for arresting momentum in single player, firefight, BTB scenarios for example, so I think it would be a shame if it were removed entirely because of the negative effects it has in arena gameplay.

Oct 25, 2017
Reach is still challenging but nowhere near the struggle of CE or 2

I'll never understand this. CE has some of the easiest AI to game, you have the best damn gun in the entire franchise regularly, your enemies have nothing they can hit you with from a similar range, and melee even on Legendary is a viable strategy, especially with stuff like the plasma pistol stun. Add in stuff like backpack reloads and being able to delay and trigger your checkpoints if you really want to, and smaller things like 1-shot-to-kill Hunters and indefinitely charged plasma pistols, and it's a cakewalk. Human vehicles are invulnerable, and extremely powerful.

Compare to Reach: homing fuel rod guns, enemies with long-range weaponry, Elites that are impossible to CQC on Legendary without death, aerial and extremely mobile enemies, bloom makes half your shots at any long range worthless, and when you run out of ammo your alternative is a gun that makes the enemy dive for cover or armor lock every other shot.

I wouldn't say CE is the easiest on Legendary (that honor goes to ODST, and probably 3 afterwards,) but I'd take it over Reach any day of the week. I am a thoroughly middle-of-the-pack player so I don't think it's any innate skill advantage.

Anyhow, played a few games of Mythic Arena and it's fine. I really like the look of the maps, and the ones I played are pretty solid too (I really think the standout for me is whatever the kind of oversized Wizard/Warlock one with the ramps. Having maps that have strong similarities to previous Halo maps make it really easy to grok movement and figure things out without a long learning curve.)

Also, I love it when I go for beatdowns and someone else just runs in front of me to take the hits.

Oct 26, 2017
I'll never understand this. CE has some of the easiest AI to game, you have the best damn gun in the entire franchise regularly, your enemies have nothing they can hit you with from a similar range, and melee even on Legendary is a viable strategy, especially with stuff like the plasma pistol stun. Add in stuff like backpack reloads and being able to delay and trigger your checkpoints if you really want to, and smaller things like 1-shot-to-kill Hunters and indefinitely charged plasma pistols, and it's a cakewalk. Human vehicles are invulnerable, and extremely powerful.

Compare to Reach: homing fuel rod guns, enemies with long-range weaponry, Elites that are impossible to CQC on Legendary without death, aerial and extremely mobile enemies, bloom makes half your shots at any long range worthless, and when you run out of ammo your alternative is a gun that makes the enemy dive for cover or armor lock every other shot.

I wouldn't say CE is the easiest on Legendary (that honor goes to ODST, and probably 3 afterwards,) but I'd take it over Reach any day of the week. I am a thoroughly middle-of-the-pack player so I don't think it's any innate skill advantage.

Anyhow, played a few games of Mythic Arena and it's fine. I really like the look of the maps, and the ones I played are pretty solid too (I really think the standout for me is whatever the kind of oversized Wizard/Warlock one with the ramps. Having maps that have strong similarities to previous Halo maps make it really easy to grok movement and figure things out without a long learning curve.)

Also, I love it when I go for beatdowns and someone else just runs in front of me to take the hits.

Alls I know is last time I tried CE solo I got savaged, but managed to beat Reach on Legendary solo.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
I've come to the conclusion that Reach MP just isn't very good. It seems everything was designed to be as frustrating as possible. Bloom makes firefights unpredictable, Armor Lock just makes the whole gunfight worthless, Active Camo campers everywhere, Jet Pack makes map design irrelevant... Even Halo 3 with bullet spread and equipment is more fun than this.

At least the campaign is quite enjoyable (though bloom can still die in a fire).

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
I've come to the conclusion that Reach MP just isn't very good. It seems everything was designed to be as frustrating as possible. Bloom makes firefights unpredictable, Armor Lock just makes the whole gunfight worthless, Active Camo campers everywhere, Jet Pack makes map design irrelevant... Even Halo 3 with bullet spread and equipment is more fun than this.

bloom can still die in a fire
hes-right-you-know-32644960.png

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Stinkles is there a chance that mods would be supported in official playlists. Let's say someone found a BR in Reach's code or just made a BR for the game themselves, could it end up in matchmaking?

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
The only real value i get out of clamber is that it let's you Cancel a needlessly high jump. I wouldn't mind seeing it replaced with a downward thrust. It would serve the same purpose, but wouldn't require the player to sacrifice frames for the animation nor would it require players to be looking in a certain direction - those are my two biggest issues with clamber .

let's hope not. reg team arena h5 plays like absolute butter and 343 shouldnt regress just to placate nostalgic fans.

Give me maps like Coliseum and Plaza (designed around h5 mechanics) over anything in the mythic playlist.

Mythic is in no way regression. Mythic feels like butter compared to vanilla H5. long live not having to slow down to shoot. Maps 'like' the ones you've mentioned would work just fine with mythics mechanics- you'd just have to adjust some properties.

Last edited:

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017

At least the campaign is quite enjoyable (though bloom can still die in a fire).

Yep. Lots of fans like to complain about 343i's design choices compared to Bungie's, but forget Bungie's final refinement of the Halo formula was Reach.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stinkles is there a chance that mods would be supported in official playlists. Let's say someone found a BR in Reach's code or just made a BR for the game themselves, could it end up in matchmaking?

Very unlikely that we would directly integrate modified code - however it's possible that we could in the future enable or adapt desirable elements or ideas from fan mods. But to be super clear - the propensity for cheating, piracy, security breaches and so on in unmoderated, unauthorized modified PC branches means that we will not be promoting or amplifying modded content that creates issues or derives from bad actors.

It's a big enough job to maintain the official stuff, let alone curating the wild west stuff, so it's not open season on open source, if that makes sense.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Very unlikely that we would directly integrate modified code - however it's possible that we could in the future enable or adapt desirable elements or ideas from fan mods. But to be super clear - the propensity for cheating, piracy, security breaches and so on in unmoderated, unauthorized modified PC branches means that we will not be promoting or amplifying modded content that creates issues or derives from bad actors.

It's a big enough job to maintain the official stuff, let alone curating the wild west stuff, so it's not open season on open source, if that makes sense.
What're the chances that we see mouse/kB support for Xbox MCC?

Status
Not open for further replies.