• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
So in terms of a possible Infinite MP flight/beta, are we not expecting this until after their big E3 blowout for Series X?

Is that enough time to address issues?

E3 is pretty much what everyone believes right now. Some also hope for info at GDC 2020 (mid March), since 343i has multiple panels there. Only other options would be a random announcement or at the rumored Xbox Series X event. Hard to tell really, since we only have a "Soon" from 343i.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
So in terms of a possible Infinite MP flight/beta, are we not expecting this until after their big E3 blowout for Series X?

Is that enough time to address issues?

Meh not as much as I would like, but sure.

If core issues come up, hell no. The fact that we are getting closer to launch without beta talk worries me. Makes it feel like it will be more of a marketing beta than one that is used to improve the game.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Waypoint needs to be like bnet for Halo Infinite stat tracking.

Get with the times 343
You know, i'd love an ingame client type of hub where we could track out stats. especially for post-game review. So much more potential to bring DEPTH into a fps arena where "abilities" and etc can be counted for.

"so you see here, you hit your thrust too early as they outplayed your candy ass"

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You know, i'd love an ingame client type of hub where we could track out stats. especially for post-game review. So much more potential to bring DEPTH into a fps arena where "abilities" and etc can be counted for.

"so you see here, you hit your thrust too early as they outplayed your candy ass"

An automated bookmarking or highlights system for theatre replays would be a nice addition e.g. when medals are awarded a timestamp bookmark is added like 1 second before that moment so you can just jump to it or skip one after another etc. Perhaps a ticking system of those bookmarks for what you want generated and shared to your GT timeline. Fast, easy and cloud solution based. Charge more for larger stored and there's a value add sale for Azure etc. Heck even make those automated/created clips upload to Mixer after generated for more content for streamers without the workload etc.

Come to think of it Infinite could really tightly integrate with Mixer on the fly e.g. you're playing campaign and have chat/PC sync or bookmarks for clips to generate etc. I wonder if they could even introduce a metabase to muiltiplayer or campaign integration so you could "auto-search" and live view with a PiP type feature e.g. I'm trying to do a speedrun on misson 2 and I want to check out other clips or streams of this moment through Mixer so I can complete my run. They could also enable take control by viewers or those in party chat etc, xCloud integration opportunity right there.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
343 doesn't need user feedback, they know what's best for the Halo series, see Halo 4 for proof.

If only 343 had released other games in the 8 years since Halo 4 that demonstrate a better understanding of what it takes to make a better Halo. What a crazy world that would be

I'm really looking forward to Infinite :] H5's MP was a huge step up from H4, and the H2A stuff in MCC is also pretty great, so hoping for another step up for Infinite and curious to see what 343 sees as the future of Halo this time around

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
If only 343 had released other games in the 8 years since Halo 4 that demonstrate a better understanding of what it takes to make a better Halo. What a crazy world that would be

I'm really looking forward to Infinite :] H5's MP was a huge step up from H4, and the H2A stuff in MCC is also pretty great, so hoping for another step up for Infinite and curious to see what 343 sees as the future of Halo this time around
Well in terms of campaign 343i are 0/2. Multiplayer they showed some growth with 5 but there's still a lot of room for improvement.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well in terms of campaign 343i are 0/2. Multiplayer they showed some growth with 5 but there's still a lot of room for improvement.

Yup, I'd agree on the campaigns, unfortunately. The comment I responded to was itself a reply to a lack of a beta announcement, so I was thinking more about the MP side of things.

It's funny, I was checking out my campaign status for H5, and apparently I nearly completed a solo Legendary run a few years ago. Only missing the last couple of missions.... I don't remember doing any of that, though.... so it doesn't speak too well for how memorable the actual campaign in H5 is

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
It'll likely have the best campaign at least as there's nowhere to go but up form 4/5. If it's in the same tier as the Bungie trilogy is a whole other question.

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
What does everyone here think of a apex legends style ranking system for infinite.
It costs points to enter into match. You get points for a combination of in game performance and outcome of the game.

I'm sick n tired of being punished for not running with a squad. I played 9 matches of halo 5 the other day. Did the best on my team every game. Best spread, good amount of assists, almost always most damage. I would say I did best in the game 7-8 times. Yet I only won 1 match. It's disheartening.

I think an apex like system would work really well for whatever warzone 2.0 turns out to be. The more players in a game the less an individual can impact winning or losing. I also think it should apply to normal arena.

If I play with my friends only we shouldn't all be tied together in a skill based ranking system when our skills varry dramatically.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
does anyone have the legit old school Halo 3 version of Halo on Halo ?

ya know the sandbox sky mongoose infection sniper game?

edit: there are so many (no offense) crappy remakes and retries of it, but I cant find that pure simplistic perfection of the original

okay this one tho!

Last edited:

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
The biggest games of the year usually have their own reveal event, and Xbox will want a separate event from E3 for the Xbox Series as E3 will be about the games.

Either Halo Infinite has its own reveal, possibly around GDC, or it's at the Xbox Series event. E3 is way too late.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
I can see them dropping the beta at E3.

the question is, will it be streamed via xcloud or local clients for OG xbox one

because this game will look doo doo on base console, and MS wouldnt want the image getting out there of it looking bad

on scorpio im not too worried, even pared down from PC->Scarlett->Scorpio Im sure it will look and play well enough, but its a big gap down to -------> Xbox One

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I like the Mythic settings and the maps have that old school look but I feel they are a bit too small considering the H2 BR basically being a lazer in this game.

It's just a pure shit show for FFA.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

What's also interesting is this artwork on IMDB. Could this be the cover art for the game?

MV5BOWRjN2FjYjMtNGIyOS00ZDVjLWFkZjItYzMxMmFmOTllZGEzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzQzNDM3NTI@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,786,1000_AL_.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
the question is, will it be streamed via xcloud or local clients for OG xbox one

because this game will look doo doo on base console, and MS wouldnt want the image getting out there of it looking bad

on scorpio im not too worried, even pared down from PC->Scarlett->Scorpio Im sure it will look and play well enough, but its a big gap down to -------> Xbox One
I don't think that matters as long as it's performant. They just hammer that the best version is gonna be with the SX, which, obviously.

Offering streaming would be a cool way of building hype for the new console though as a demo of its power.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think that matters as long as it's performant. They just hammer that the best version is gonna be with the SX, which, obviously.

Offering streaming would be a cool way of building hype for the new console though as a demo of its power.

Yeah I'm certain they will make sure gameplay wise it is up to snuff, I'm just thinking visually we could be looking at a low res and a lot of knobs turned down.

Admittedly I remember H5 looking great for it's time but I've had Scorpio since launch so I might be jaded by now

You know how dumb console war stuff can permeate the collective conscious and Halo Infinite will be "ugly"

What's also interesting is this artwork on IMDB. Could this be the cover art for the game?

MV5BOWRjN2FjYjMtNGIyOS00ZDVjLWFkZjItYzMxMmFmOTllZGEzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzQzNDM3NTI@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,786,1000_AL_.jpg

lttp my dude, that was shown last e3

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
So on the Facebook Halo page today .. i read a snippet that said "...It [Requiem] was presumed destroyed following a protracted campaign against Jul'Mdama's remnant covenant forces in 2558"

Soo .. are they saying that shield world still exists?

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think 343 created a very interesting forerunner installation to introduce the main game audience to the existance of shield worlds which had very cool implications within the deeper lore of the game. It means that forerunners could have still survived and there were potential planet sized installations everywhere. New enemies, new world to explore, endless possibilities.

Instead, they had magically stumble onto one, oh and we brought the covenant who I thought we beat in the last game into it. Oh well, at least we will have this cool atmosphere of discovery and isolation as Master Chief and Cortana navigate a new hostile alien world with only the resources on their end of the Forward Unto Dawn at their dispos-

Oh, the UNSC's most advanced capital ship housing their best soldiers and scientists managed to come in during the *checks notes* 2nd mission in the game and first mission on the new planet?

Well surely this ancient evil will deliver. A living forerunner! He's resentful of humanity! He doesn't think they deserve the mantle! He's got an army of new units at his disposal! This will at least be an interesting new adversary.

Oh, we kill him in the first game he's introduced? Oh he's aliv- oh no we killed him in a comic for good.

Man Halo 4 was still such a narrative let down.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think 343 created a very interesting forerunner installation to introduce the main game audience to the existance of shield worlds which had very cool implications within the deeper lore of the game. It means that forerunners could have still survived and there were potential planet sized installations everywhere. New enemies, new world to explore, endless possibilities.

Instead, they had magically stumble onto one, oh and we brought the covenant who I thought we beat in the last game into it. Oh well, at least we will have this cool atmosphere of discovery and isolation as Master Chief and Cortana navigate a new hostile alien world with only the resources on their end of the Forward Unto Dawn at their dispos-

Oh, the UNSC's most advanced capital ship housing their best soldiers and scientists managed to come in during the *checks notes* 2nd mission in the game and first mission on the new planet?

Well surely this ancient evil will deliver. A living forerunner! He's resentful of humanity! He doesn't think they deserve the mantle! He's got an army of new units at his disposal! This will at least be an interesting new adversary.

Oh, we kill him in the first game he's introduced? Oh he's aliv- oh no we killed him in a comic for good.

Man Halo 4 was still such a narrative let down.

Don't forget about the stellar new UNSC characters we met along the way lol

Del Rio: "I know you're the hero of humanity, Master Chief, and without you we could have very well lost the war against the Covenant and the Halo arrays would have been activated, but you're an old ass Spartan so fuck you"

Oct 25, 2017
Don't forget about the stellar new UNSC characters we met along the way lol

Del Rio: "I know you're the hero of humanity, Master Chief, and without you we could have very well lost the war against the Covenant and the Halo arrays would have been activated, but you're an old ass Spartan so fuck you"
I will defend Rio as a good character till the day I die.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
What does everyone here think of a apex legends style ranking system for infinite.
It costs points to enter into match. You get points for a combination of in game performance and outcome of the game.

I'm sick n tired of being punished for not running with a squad. I played 9 matches of halo 5 the other day. Did the best on my team every game. Best spread, good amount of assists, almost always most damage. I would say I did best in the game 7-8 times. Yet I only won 1 match. It's disheartening.

I think an apex like system would work really well for whatever warzone 2.0 turns out to be. The more players in a game the less an individual can impact winning or losing. I also think it should apply to normal arena.

If I play with my friends only we shouldn't all be tied together in a skill based ranking system when our skills varry dramatically.

I don't know how I'd feel about this because, especially in objective modes , an individual's good performance might not be accurately reflected in stats. Then other times you have people playing for stats, but ignoring the objective. That's why the system rewards the outcome.

I think it would be cool if, in the post game individual stats were only visible to the player who owns them, while everyone sees carnage report showed more constructive team stats like heat maps, time of power weapon possession, time of power up possession etc. Put that azure data crunching to good use and send me the replays of pivotal moments. That sort of thing

They could even go as far as to reward players on the XP side of things for their individual improvements, even if they lose the match. Like if they notice my pistol accuracy is getting better, or if I did a particularly good job of anticipating spawns, throw me some kudos.

I think the sting of losing would be reduced if the game could illustrate areas of potential improvement moreso than inciting toxicity and disappointment.

I know that doesn't fix your particular issues with ranking system. But maybe it would make for a less frustrating experience regardless of outcomes.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are two main benefits to Apex's system.

1. It's completely transparent. You need x amount of points to be this rank. It costs x to play at this rank. Kills cost x, assists cost x, wins cost x.

2. Kills and performance matter and can save you from losing points with a bad team.

It would be hard to put a direct version into Halo. For one, it's not 30 some odd teams in one match. You either win, or you lose (or you tie rarely). You also have more than one gametype. So if you start weighing things like kills you need to do it differently for each gametype. Which is possible.

I do think they need to make the process a little more transparent. Halo 5 and other games with "placement" matches suffer from this thing where you could win 8/10 games and be Gold and your friend can win 6/10 and be platinum.

I also do think wins are paramount but individual performance should be a mitigating or accelerating factor.

AKA if you are the best player on the losing team, you will still "lose" rank points, but you won't lose as much as others. LIkewise if you are the best person on the winning team you get more from the win than your teammates.

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
There are two main benefits to Apex's system.

1. It's completely transparent. You need x amount of points to be this rank. It costs x to play at this rank. Kills cost x, assists cost x, wins cost x.

2. Kills and performance matter and can save you from losing points with a bad team.

It would be hard to put a direct version into Halo. For one, it's not 30 some odd teams in one match. You either win, or you lose (or you tie rarely). You also have more than one gametype. So if you start weighing things like kills you need to do it differently for each gametype. Which is possible.

I do think they need to make the process a little more transparent. Halo 5 and other games with "placement" matches suffer from this thing where you could win 8/10 games and be Gold and your friend can win 6/10 and be platinum.

I also do think wins are paramount but individual performance should be a mitigating or accelerating factor.

AKA if you are the best player on the losing team, you will still "lose" rank points, but you won't lose as much as others. LIkewise if you are the best person on the winning team you get more from the win than your teammates.
I like the bolded.

I would say apex has the best competitive ranking system I've ever played. That being said I concede that it could be hard translating that into halo. Regardless I think infinite needs To factor individual performance into the ranking system or have 2 separate ranks. One for team performance and one for individual.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think the sting of losing would be reduced if the game could illustrate areas of potential improvement moreso than inciting toxicity and disappointment.

Mine would probably say "Learn to close the kill unless you like all of the assists, dummy" lol

I would love a system like that, though. The only thing to be careful with is that the system would have a bias set by some standard, and who knows how that standard would be established or updated

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Mine would probably say "Learn to close the kill unless you like all of the assists, dummy" lol

I would love a system like that, though. The only thing to be careful with is that the system would have a bias set by some standard, and who knows how that standard would be established or updated

Lmao

Yeah, it would be an excellent opportunity to show off their advances in machine learning. It would have to recognize the meta as it develops and changes.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
This guy was just crouching in a corner playing SWAT. lmao

29A70F1D90849D07EF037E3D7E3B09D81F714F5D

As you can tell, they did great. Definitely the reason why we won!

6A4431276F4A86DDCE494A3D1AC7F5B86E37DDB6

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
Y'all need to play for the W.

Get this point stuff out of here.
It's an extremely important factor. But shouldn't be the only factor.

I run halo solo because after a few month my friends get tired of it. I can't push beyond low- mid level onyx. My k/d and kda is good against onyx people of similar rank. but I can't go up because of 1-2 trash teammates every game.

Dec 21, 2017
It's an extremely important factor. But shouldn't be the only factor.

I run halo solo because after a few month my friends get tired of it. I can't push beyond low- mid level onyx. My k/d and kda is good against onyx people of similar rank. but I can't go up because of 1-2 trash teammates every game.
If you play mcc too, add me. I can always use more tryhards on my friends list.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All this negative speculation about Infinite is making me kind of sick, to be honest. I can't take another Halo game that doesn't stick the landing. Please pull through, 343.

Glass

Oct 26, 2017
After the We Are 343 Industries video , who thinks Frankie's going to be the voice over for Infinite's Sprint? E3 will be where the lid comes off this thing, but hopefully we get peaks with some making of videos way before.

Status
Not open for further replies.