• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glass

Oct 26, 2017
Please let me know what you guys think. I know I'm not the only one having fucking panic dreams about finally getting to see it, let alone play it.

Phew I thought this was just me.

It's like you said , Infinite's long cooking time , the Slipspace engine, it means the game is a complete anomaly development wise . GDC is a good shout but they still haven't lifted the lid off this thing gameplay wise , and I think after 5 years they want to do that at the biggest stage possible.

Infinite goes big at E3 , revealing campaign and multiplayer , ending with a beta announcement near-shadow drop, like within a week. Maybe the game wasn't ready for a December beta , or maybe 343 are more confident in this product and even post-E3 feel they can react to feedback quicker with Slipstream.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
One thing that is weird, I thought I read the Halo TV series is ready for FEB 2021. This seems weirdly placed with Series X and Infinite being late this year.

Hope it doesn't point to delays.

Last edited:

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Unpopular opinion here. I really think that grenades should have a smaller radius. Sometimes it just feels like I can easily get a no-skill kill just from chucking it the general direction of the enemy(and I'm bad at multiplayer). Ex: Big team Battle in Boardwalk(a map I dislike for some reason), you can get the other team in a corridor and just chuck grenades with your team.

Edit: I wish Halo didn't have such a potato-slow movement, even when "jogging." It's why I almost always pickout a Loadout with Sprint.

This isnt really an unpopular opinion about nade radius. With the base move speed being what it is, it feels like you HAVE to thrust to get away, which then leaves you hanging if your getting double teamed or cleaned up. This plus the grenade hit markers make for a bad combo IMO. I don't like it.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
How does each game compare re: grenade explosion radius?

I cant find any thorough comparisons, but I remember H3s grenades requiring some really good accuracy in order to deal max damage. Halo Reach iirc had the same exact blast radius, but the damage was more severe at the perimeter than H3.

Also, I think H5 has toyed around with the damage drop off within the blast radius a bit since launch.

Oct 17, 2018
What do we think of the steep drop in player count since launch?
I mean it's Reach, ofc it's gonna fall off a cliff since it's arguably the worst game overall in the series. Like I think it was dumb af to release Reach first since now a lot of peoples first experience with Halo is gonna be Reach which is not a good thing since it's the point the series fell off a cliff.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How does each game compare re: grenade explosion radius?
Each game in order

FUCKIN NUKES - firecracker - firecracker - mini nukes - honestly I forget about Halo 4 - something between fire cracker and nuke

Although for H5 its vastly easier to dodge them so they don't feel that powerful.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Weak grenades are wack. Keep them mini nukes but mess with the fuse times if needed.

And make Spartans throw fast and far again. Enough of this weak arm since Halo 2, I wanna throw grenades DEEP!

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
i need my bank shot placement to grab me that double kill. also remove hit markers for nades. thnx
oh and bring back the brute nade :P

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Weak grenades are wack. Keep them mini nukes but mess with the fuse times if needed.

And make Spartans throw fast and far again. Enough of this weak arm since Halo 2, I wanna throw grenades DEEP!
Nah, Halo 5 has a perfect grenade throw.

It is so damn satisfying. I can hit nearly perfect throws in H5.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Nah, Halo 5 has a perfect grenade throw.

It is so damn satisfying. I can hit nearly perfect throws in H5.
giphy.gif

Arx

Oct 25, 2017
I recently sat down with an awesome couple from the Halo community who really enjoy the series. We talked about Halo 4, 5 and how those stories may lead into Infinite.

anchor.fm

Episode 23: Don't Make A Girl A Promise (feat. Kirsty & Jordan Shipley) by Sacred Icon

Bryan welcomes Kirsty and her husband Jordan for a discussion on all things Halo 4. We discuss what 343's first entry in the series did for the fandom as well as cover some of the shortcomings from it's follow up Halo 5: Guardians. How will Infinite bring the series forward?
Subscribed!
Just started listening to all your casts from the beginning. I really like your down to earth style of talking and also...down to earth viewpoints.
In addition, i find it very interesting that some of you have a lore-focused/story perspective, something that i was never much interested in, yet there must be a large amount of people that care a great deal. Great to hear different takes on Halo, all in a very balanced fashion.

Oct 17, 2018
Its depressing af that this community thinks of shit like 10k concurrent players as "healthy". Halo should be aiming for CSGO levels of concurrent players even years after launch

Glass

Oct 26, 2017
Its depressing af that this community thinks of shit like 10k concurrent players as "healthy". Halo should be aiming for CSGO levels of concurrent players even years after launch

I'm really interested to see the effect launching on PC will have on Infinite's health and longevity . If there support is there then there's no reason why it shouldn't do well in those regards , it's not like Halo has a yearly new game to eat it's own population.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really interested to see the effect launching on PC will have on Infinite's health and longevity . If there support is there then there's no reason why it shouldn't do well in those regards , it's not like Halo has a yearly new game to eat it's own population.
If it has sprint it'll have less than 10K concurrent players, no sprint 10 million concurrent players. It's as simple as that.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017

If Halo:Infinite doesnt double down on enhancing the community building and maintenance aspects of Halo rather than screwing with the mechanics, it'll never never see the levels of retention that other big FPSs are enjoying.

Say what you want about halo5s mechanics, I've said my fill, but Its biggest flaws were the silent lobbies, lengthy intermissions, non-existent party up system with broken recent players lists, limited data center controls, buggy custom games browser that arrived late, the late arrival of forge and the rudimentary discovery system, and the various systems that incentivized anti-social behaviors

Oct 25, 2017
Just realized that this thread is over 2 years old. I can't believe we're so close to starting a new one lol

anyone wanna place bets on which comes first, new thread or Halo Infinite news?

At this rate Infinite news, but with Infinite news we'll blow through posts. Always nice to have new content to chew on/freak out about.

Anyone claimed the next OT? If not, dibs.

AustinFordGames

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
Just realized that this thread is over 2 years old. I can't believe we're so close to starting a new one lol

anyone wanna place bets on which comes first, new thread or Halo Infinite news?

Halo Infinite news will quickly lead to the new thread. Itll be pretty good timing I suppose.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
All we need is some barn footage of Halo Infinite to get to |OT3|

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Halo 5 also leaked, right? I vaguely remember someone making a gif of Chief seeing the ADS animation and then running away from it.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I will be happy if we see the return of The Sprint, however :] that's one sprint that most wouldn't mind

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
The ADS footage was such a firestorm that 343 had to make a public statement about it!

I remember the thread for that was thousands of posts. People were so mad.

"No penalty to hip fire in H5, no movement penalty when scoping/zooming, no flinch."

I can't believe these were ever necessary reassurances, but after H4 you couldn't take anything for granted.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is it any good? I really liked Kurt, but he's not really the focus after GoO.

I don't think I've read a Halo novel that I didn't like, so if you enjoy them, Glasslands is alright.

I think I like the sequel The Thursday War more than Glass, but Glasslands sorta sets up a new group of characters and storylines alongside those characters who survive GoO.

GoO is better than Glasslands, but Glassland's the setup for Thurs War, which then leads to Mortal Dictata

Also, you get introduced to Jul M'Dama. I really liked reading about his story, and then Halo 5 just..... murderizes him in the first Mission like he's any regular Elite baddie :<

AustinFordGames

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
I don't think I've read a Halo novel that I didn't like, so if you enjoy them, Glasslands is alright.

I think I like the sequel The Thursday War more than Glass, but Glasslands sorta sets up a new group of characters and storylines alongside those characters who survive GoO.

GoO is better than Glasslands, but Glassland's the setup for Thurs War, which then leads to Mortal Dictata

Also, you get introduced to Jul M'Dama. I really liked reading about his story, and then Halo 5 just..... murderizes him in the first Mission like he's any regular Elite baddie :<
I mean, to be fair, he was heavily involved in Halo 4 and it's Spartan Ops. I'm glad they killed him and got him out of the way, but with the recent concept art, it would've been awesome to see both Jul and Cortana working with a beaten and battered Didact.

Status
Not open for further replies.