• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NOKYARD

Oct 25, 2017
I don't recall sign I ng up for (or even why I would) the PC flighting, but I got an email with a steam key for Halo CE anyway. Anyone need it?
I believe they are tied to your gamertag because you have to be white listed.

You can try, and it might work, but if it doesn't work now you know why.

Haruko

Oct 25, 2017
On PC you can also try installing Xbox Insider Hub from the Microsoft Store, Joining the "MCC Insider" program (if listed; it was for me), and then installing "Halo: MCC Insider" from the Microsoft Store.

I didn't get an email (not in spam either), but this worked for me and I was able to play CE last night.

I believe this is because we're in Ring 3 testing now which is a public flight, not private.

Oct 25, 2017
CEA would definitely have benefited from another 6-12 months baking, but Saber at least took the lessons learned there to knock H2A out of the park.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Worth a double post.

Fuck me this is awesome. Once again we see community/mod tools pushing the creative boundaries beyond the developers. This is a what one mode for Warzone should have been with Halo 5.

343 you really need to open up and curate this sort of world then task your resources, designs and developers into selecting the best to become parts of the official game and matchmaking etc. You have all the hook to gain population right here. Take note. Listen up.

Sure I might come off like an asshole here but after many games and these sorts of opportunities going by the way side it's frustrating to see a lack of willingness. Perhaps with 100% PC support now we might be seeing that MS/Xbox/343 mindset change.

Oct 26, 2017
How would you guys feel about the BR and magnum both being utility weapons? The magnum could be used for competitive play, where as a the BR could be a bit easier to use for casual play.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Worth a double post.

Fuck me this is awesome. Once again we see community/mod tools pushing the creative boundaries beyond the developers. This is a what one mode for Warzone should have been with Halo 5.

343 you really need to open up and curate this sort of world then task your resources, designs and developers into selecting the best to become parts of the official game and matchmaking etc. You have all the hook to gain population right here. Take note. Listen up.

Sure I might come off like an asshole here but after many games and these sorts of opportunities going by the way side it's frustrating to see a lack of willingness. Perhaps with 100% PC support now we might be seeing that MS/Xbox/343 mindset change.

I think they need to go a step further than that and use some of that cloud AI to learn how players are playing effectively curate the experience based on what the community is galvanizing behind in custom games.

I remember, back before the great mechanical schism, Halo was the poster child for spearheading the next innovation in social interaction. When that fell by the wayside, so did Halo

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
How would you guys feel about the BR and magnum both being utility weapons? The magnum could be used for competitive play, where as a the BR could be a bit easier to use for casual play.

If balanced correctly, I'd be fine with the Magnum and BR being the two starting weapons. Make the magnum kill quickly, but have very little assistance, so that perfect kills are hard to come by. Make give the BR moderate assistance and a moderate perfect kill time

With that dynamic, Naturally, competitive play would gravitate towards magnum use, while casual play would gravitate towards the BR.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
If balanced correctly, I'd be fine with the Magnum and BR being the two starting weapons. Make the magnum kill quickly, but have very little assistance, so that perfect kills are hard to come by. Make give the BR moderate assistance and a moderate perfect little.

With that dynamic, Naturally, competitive play would gravitate towards magnum use, while casual play would gravitate towards the BR.
I meant more like AR/BR for unranked and AR/Mag for ranked. They would have similar kill times but the BR would be more forgiving in terms of range, zoom, reticle size, etc

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
I meant more like AR/BR for unranked and AR/Mag for ranked. They would have similar kill times but the BR would be more forgiving in terms of range, zoom, reticle size, etc

I figured that's what you meant. I don't exactly see the point since the magnum isn't unpopular with casuals nor the BR with ranked players.

I think the aim should be to make all basic weapons viable for all play.

Deleted member 20284

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think they need to go a step further than that and use some of that cloud AI to learn how players are playing effectively curate the experience based on what the community is galvanizing behind in custom games.

I remember, back before the great mechanical schism, Halo was the poster child for spearheading the next innovation in social interaction. When that fell by the wayside, so did Halo

Frustrating to see the Minecraft investment across so many platforms and modding/community then not have that reflected with Halo over the years.

Oct 26, 2017
I figured that's what you meant. I don't exactly see the point since the magnum isn't unpopular with casuals nor the BR with ranked players.

I think the aim should be to make all basic weapons viable for all play.
Magnum was frustrating to me combined with all the advanced mobility crap. Should be fine with classic movement I supposed, but I don't know what 343i is thinking when it comes to that for Infinite. BR needs a rework in 5 regardless, and this could be a good roadmap.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
Frustrating to see the Minecraft investment across so many platforms and modding/community then not have that reflected with Halo over the years.

Yup this is one of my exact sources of frustration. Forge came out in 2007. Minecraft in 2011. Yet we still haven't seen the proper investment in highlighting community gems... all the "innovation" has been in trying to change base gameplay.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
Magnum was frustrating to me combined with all the advanced mobility crap. Should be fine with classic movement I supposed, but I don't know what 343i is thinking when it comes to that for Infinite. BR needs a rework in 5 regardless, and this could be a good roadmap.

I feel you. I liked the magnum, but anytime I took a break from game, it took a while before it felt good again. I think movement had a lot to do with that.

BR definitely needs a rework, along with all the other precision weapons. 343 went from them all being OP in relation to magnum, to then all becoming too weak.

Oct 26, 2017
That's exactly why I think MCC on PC has the potential to reinvigorate Halo via unrestrained community creativity.

Also, any word on FF maps coming to BTB in Reach? I thought 343i said they were interested in looking into this because of modding.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My only issue with Forge is that it's been used as a crutch and imo resulted in less official quality maps from Bungie and now 343i.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
My only issue with Forge is that it's been used as a crutch and imo resulted in less official quality maps from Bungie and now 343i.

I would say the problem is not with Forge, but with the lack of investment into being reactive to what the community doing with it and the lack of mechanisms for getting the best tweaks and creations in front of the wider audience.

My only issue with Forge itself is that we haven't gotten control over weapon and vehicle properties

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Have 343 released any maps that are to the same level/quality of stuff like Blood Gulch, Lockout, Pit, Guardian etc in your guys opinion?

I really liked Haven when they finally added grav lifts to the "streets". And in Halo 5 you can do some really fun and useful jumps with all the mancannons.
Excellent map.

If fathom and Plaza werent so bland-looking they'd be two of my favorite maps.

Halo 5 maps reeeally struggled due to them all having the same aesthetic.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
Halo 5 maps reeeally struggled due to them all having the same aesthetic.
Yeah, everything is very boxy and gray. There's nothing that really sets any of them apart from each other visually. It's one of my biggest complaints about the base H5 maps.

The remixes do have refreshed aesthetics, but they're all so bad that I don't care.

Oct 17, 2018
Considering how bad halo 4 and 5 turned out, why are we confident infinite is gonna turn this franchise around?
I'm personally like 90% sure Infinite is gonna be a huge flop because I feel as if 343 is gonna continue with their mentality of "we know best". Of course Infinite on release will have insane numbers, especially with it releasing on PC as well, but if it doesn't have a good population (imo like 100k) after a few months of release, then it's a failure. Citing Halo release day sales to try and measure its success is so dumb because Halo will always sell a huge amount.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Citing release day sales is so 2015

now it's all about citing unique users who played in the first 24 hours thanks to Gamepass

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Haven is the best map 343 made. Coliseum is probably my favorite Halo 5 map.

I'm personally like 90% sure Infinite is gonna be a huge flop because I feel as if 343 is gonna continue with their mentality of "we know best". Of course Infinite on release will have insane numbers, especially with it releasing on PC as well, but if it doesn't have a good population (imo like 100k) after a few months of release, then it's a failure. Citing Halo release day sales to try and measure its success is so dumb because Halo will always sell a huge amount.
Halo 5 was notably down from previous launches in pure unit sales though. Revenue was through the roof because of REQ's and accessories.

If Forge is changed from the current iteration of preset objects creator into a full blown Creation Kit, then Halo Infinite will find success.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
Haven has always looked pretty good, but has never been a good. I think it was the best map H4 had to offer, but that's not saying much.

I think Plaza is probably the best Map 343 has made. I don't think the aesthetic choices have done them any favors though.

Deleted member 20284

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Aside from arena maps the Warzone maps were very well made and obviously play tested a lot as they generally work very well for the larger Halo sandbox. They also looked gorgeous. As for OBJ Exile and Longbow are right up there as two of 343's best in the series, they work quite well for 5v5 or 8v8 and both slayer or OBJ. Solace was good times too. Honourable mentions to H4 DLC Landfall, Skyline and Perdition (which all never really saw the light of day thanks to paid DLC but were pretty great maps gameplay wise). If you're looking at arena Coliseum was solid with 2 flags and quite replayable.

Oct 26, 2017
tenor.png

Me watching deliver hope for the 100th time after not seeing any new Halo gameplay since 2014

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
Aside from arena maps the Warzone maps were very well made and obviously play tested a lot as they generally work very well for the larger Halo sandbox. They also looked gorgeous. As for OBJ Exile and Longbow are right up there as two of 343's best in the series, they work quite well for 5v5 or 8v8 and both slayer or OBJ. Solace was good times too. Honourable mentions to H4 DLC Landfall, Skyline and Perdition (which all never really saw the light of day thanks to paid DLC but were pretty great maps gameplay wise). If you're looking at arena Coliseum was solid with 2 flags and quite replayable.

I think all of the Warzone maps suffered due to the lack of variety with the bases as garages. Some of the external areas made for great encounters though.

AustinFordGames

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
guys, I am so fucking bad at Halo 2 right now.

I hadn't played in probably a year, been happily occupied by Destiny 2, but I'm feeling the Halo it super hard and now I'm rank 28 in the season, something like, nearly 2mil xp? and I fucking suck ass at Halo 2 after my hiatus please help me

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doing my Reach achievement extravaganza.

Speed running Long Night of Solace is a bitch with the space ship part.

Status
Not open for further replies.