• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will Halo Infinite be revealed?

• Yes, before E3

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Yes, during E3

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Wait, E3 was canceled

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Daisy, Daisy...

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I will not... allow you... to leave. This. PLANET!

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Halo's just dad.

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I hate Halo and love sprint think I'll submit my application.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
This Forge KOTH map at dreamhack seems like a really good map. It's a shame it's so grey. I like how there are designed ledges and skill jumps all over so players can move vertically while still staying in the action.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Tfw you get hired as the new Narrative Lead, and they hand you Infinite's script so you can catch up

and you can't believe what the fuck you're reading

source.gif

jk, I can't wait for Infinite's story

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Hopefully that new esports things for Infinite pans out. Infinite needs a major boost when it comes to their streaming and presentation.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
Login issues at a LAN tourney...

Remember the old days when you could just plug multiple consoles into the same hub and it would just ... work...
MCC doesn't have true LAN support. They players still have to sign in to Xbox Live.

They really have to clean this stuff up for Infinite. Every HCS tournament is plagued with issues that make it look like a clown car. H5 had persistent dedicated server issues, MCC has had a host of issues across H2A, H3 and now Reach.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
MCC doesn't have true LAN support. They players still have to sign in to Xbox Live.

They really have to clean this stuff up for Infinite. Every HCS tournament is plagued with issues that make it look like a clown car. H5 had persistent dedicated server issues, MCC has had a host of issues across H2A, H3 and now Reach.

Oh Yeah I'm aware, I'm just mocking this reality.

Hopefully the last 6 years of experience will lead us to a solution for Infinite.

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm reminded how bad CE Team Snipers is whenever it's played on Hang Em High. No fun at all if you're red team / furthest chance to get to the top of the map. Once Blue gets top, they just aim at the same corner and its a wipe. Spawned 10 times and died before I even saw myself "spawn".

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
Watching the VOD now. I had no idea that there was a jetpack pickup on mlg sanctuary.

It was awesome!

man, loadouts were such a bad idea for Halo. if the default modes in Reach and 4 had abilities as pickups, I feel like we'd be in a much better place right now.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
Watching the VOD now. I had no idea that there was a jetpack pickup on mlg sanctuary.

It was awesome!

man, loadouts were such a bad idea for Halo. if the default modes in Reach and 4 had abilities as pickups, I feel like we'd be in a much better place right now.
MLG settings used to have sprint as the default ability and the evade ability as a pickup on the map.

Reach competitive scene was something else.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
MLG settings used to have sprint as the default ability and the evade ability as a pickup on the map.

Reach competitive scene was something else.

Ha

I imagine it would've taken a while to settle on something that worked well, especially prior top zbns, which is perfect.

Who made these forge maps? Were they specifically made for MLG?

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
I have a feeling that we will have a lot of universe building in this game. With a lot of optional missions and random ones to bring the halo universe alive in ways we never seen in a halo game before. While they have done a good job with the books, they are taking notes from other games that achieve this story telling too.
I just wonder how, if at anyway possible, can they have an rpg lite system.

I see a possibility of this:
Main story follows Master Chief and the campaign
After finishing you can "build" a spartan and perform halo ring missions and follow the footsteps of what MC did while also discovering more stuff that becomes unlocked after the game is beat. Which then can lead to dlc which opens More than just MP addons, cosmetics and weapons/vehicles. They will be able to open more instances and story bits. Like the floating panels and deep caves they have teased us already.
The team is huge and the biggest of all xgs studios right? It can't just be a normal halo game with all of the original halo offerings plus a mode or two. I think they are going all out and doing their spiritual reboot literally.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
Ha

I imagine it would've taken a while to settle on something that worked well, especially prior top zbns, which is perfect.

Who made these forge maps? Were they specifically made for MLG?
The Pit remake was a community map made for competitive play and MLG made the Sanctuary remake themselves. They had to make changes to Zealot, Countdown and Battle Canyon to make them more viable, too. They really had to put in a lot of work to make it decent.

Glass

Oct 26, 2017
I have a feeling that we will have a lot of universe building in this game. With a lot of optional missions and random ones to bring the halo universe alive in ways we never seen in a halo game before. While they have done a good job with the books, they are taking notes from other games that achieve this story telling too.
I just wonder how, if at anyway possible, can they have an rpg lite system.

With this being Zeta Halo, and the amount of time this game has had in the making, I'm anticipating more hidden lore then ever, in the form of Terminals, 5's recordings, and new types.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
With this being Zeta Halo, and the amount of time this game has had in the making, I'm anticipating more hidden lore then ever, in the form of Terminals, 5's recordings, and new types.
i really hope so! I'd love to explore paths and see "easter eggs" or find these terminals to build a type of "Codex" to i can learn more about the universe. For example, i really enjoyed Hunt The Truth and i have a connection to BB, Fero and Ben. I'd love to see connections in infinite to these characters and such. I also loved the story of Mona Lisa. If they bring back the Flood in any way, i would absolutely love a different survival horror 3p game that expands the universe than from just a military fighting perspective.

I guess im not saying it will be or should be part of halo infinite, but infinite as the stepping stone for what can be achieved next in the Halo Universe. Get more people easily involved into the lore/characters/places vs the only means is to read books. We need more types of media* and even a different type of game could help i think. One that isn't heavily involved in ensuring i have the best weapon to defeat 3 elites or whatever. Gimmie that ONI mission i gotta sneak, use gadgets and plant a bug in a brute ship or something. idk, i think the possibilities can be endless where rich stories can be told.

*While i am grateful we are getting a live-tv series with showtime, it will be limited to those people who have showtime. I don't know the numbers, but i highly doubt it will reach anything in the millions with being restricted to Showtime. I think they need the first season (if they plan on making more) out there in the wild and essentially "free". and im just rambling on because im so hyped for infinite. lol please excuse me.

Nov 14, 2017
Big fan of the Reach chest piece returning and those new pauldrons; looks like they combine the silhouette of the classic design with the functionality of the newer ones.

OP
OP
Poodlestrike

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping for per-piece armor making a comeback, as well as them not totally ditching the new armor styles. There was some good stuff in there.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
I love the red Spartan design. I'm just glad that the new designs evoke the sleekness of the Mjolnir that I felt Chief had in the Bungie games. The H4/H5 armors are way too bulky.

Also, the true test of this art will be how Arbiter looks. His H5 design is hideous.

Oct 26, 2017
Ok now I hate Warzone more than the next guy but I think if you gut a lot of the features implemented to justify the existence of REQs it could potentially serve as a good format to evolve BTB in a way that could appeal to the more casual side of the fanbase, allow for higher player counts and bigger battles, as well as open up the game mode to the full extent of Halo's sandbox without creating severe imbalances.

Infinite's Warzone should exist on maps that can compensate 12v12 to 16v16 player counts that can still be forgeable and integrated with the the rest of the arena experience, not separated like Warzone was. While a traditional 8v8 BTB playlist should still be provided that utilizes these maps, I think that converting the REQ point system into a more generic point based system a la Battlefront 2 that would be used to access power weapons and vehicles during the match instead of having them provided on the map. Unlike Warzone, each weapon would have an internal respawn timer alongside with a max weapon cap (e.g. 8 DMRs; 500 BP, 4 Concussion Rifles; 1250 BP, 2 Snipers; 2000 BP, 1 Rocket 2000 BP) w/ respawn timers relative to power tier). This would allow faster access to power weapons, prevent the enemy team from trapping weapon spawns/player spawns as easily, along side making larger maps more cohesive with no sprint feature. Vehicles would benefit even more, opening up the door for Scorpions and Guass Hogs actually being usable in multiplayer without being provided at the start of the match and locked behind a high point ceiling. Ultimately it would be a very light system, not require any REQ pack type system, and be scalable with player counts. Also, the entire sandbox wouldn't even have to be provided based on the map and equal starts would be features (Utility BR/AR). I think it would be a good way to balance old with new and keep BTB alive.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
www.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Winners finals on right now. Mantra (Spartan, Bubu, Falcated, Ace) vs. Sentinels (Tox boys).

Haruko

Oct 25, 2017
What is this Halo CE medal retconning on MCC Insider? Is it like this on Xbox MCC and i just never noticed?

A 10 kill spree has no announcement because they moved Running Riot to 15 kills. :'(

10-kill Running Riots and 4-kill Killtaculars are what God intended

Oct 25, 2017
Either way I assume that the toys aren't really representative of the game in that it's a group of legacy and new figures. Unless Zombie Kat comes back.

The Warthog has the H4-era UNSC logo, btw.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.