• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
I'm on Team None, so I agree with your restrictions with a caveat that I wouldn't even distinguish between elevations whatsoever.
I preferred the simplicity of the motion tracker from Halo 1 and 2. You can only tell a player is using a vehicle by the larger blip and you have to guess if the player is either above or below you, ect.
I would also be perfectly okay with them going even simpler like this, yes.
In general the idea is that it needs to be nerfed, not buffed like they keep doing.

I dislike it but not for the reason you'd expect - I'm colorblind and not once have they offered an appropriate option for it, leading to me being incapable of seeing the dots and differentiating their shades.

Damn that's some bullshit
Now that colorblind options seem to be all the rage I hope Infinite finally has an option for you

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
When you run over a Grunt in a Chopper the vehicle should slow and fishtail while the Grunt gets chopped into mist and blood comes up through the wheel.

With grunt birthday party on replace the blood with confetti.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the ratings board may have a problem with this but it gets my stamp of approval
Interestingly enough I'm not sure if it's related to the new hardware but on Series X I am seeing blood splatter in Halo 5. Kind of gives credence to the lack of blood effects in Halo 5 being more a sacrifice to get a stable framerate of 60 rather than 343i actively looking for a T rating.

Oct 25, 2017
I am in love with this.
Here is the mark V being remade authentically by one of the people involved in the original halo 1 design. I can only hope that the mark V looks as authentic in Infinite.
Interesting to compare this with other artists' interpretations over the years. The low fidelity of the original model led to some varying results and artistic liberties, but here you may be able to assume some level of accuracy to the original intent.

It's particularly interesting to compare with the Anniversary edition's rendition. The vents were the hardest shape to parse on the original model and they turned out wildly different. But viewing the original, Lehto's vents are undoubtedly more authentic.
8mI3Zcn.png

I think up until now the best recreation has been by Abimael Salazar (who also has his own vent interpretation). But I look forward to seeing the finished version of Marcus Lehto's remake. 343 should be looking to these two examples, Lehto and Salazar, when remaking the mkV for Infinite.

9fVmBDj.jpg

Interestingly enough I'm not sure if it's related to the new hardware but on Series X I am seeing blood splatter in Halo 5. Kind of gives credence to the lack of blood effects in Halo 5 being more a sacrifice to get a stable framerate of 60 rather than 343i actively looking for a T rating.
You're saying there is more blood splatter in halo 5 when played on series X? I dont recall it ever getting a next gen patch. I have not heard of this, I am interested in seeing it explored.

Last edited:

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
I tried to stay away but I felt a great pull..

CEA 🤮🤮🤮🤮

I just knew it. I fucking knew it. Yall thought I wouldn't feel a post about Mk V even when I'm on hiatus, nanananana.

Love Lehtos work, tbh I still feel the top half of the helmet is too big/goes too far back compared to the front. Imo the H3 or H5 DELTA are the best variants the helmet has ever seen.

Love that other artist you posted as well. What is so fantastic about that piece is it embodies Chief in a such an imposing way. Strong and Barrell chested like the best implementations of the modern Godzilla for example.

Okay I will likely check for Battlefield on my lunch break but I SWARE TO GOD the Xbox stuff better not leak by then.

Also, dat calendar art 🔥

Oct 25, 2017
I tried to stay away but I felt a great pull..
I just knew it. I fucking knew it. Yall thought I wouldn't feel a post about Mk V even when I'm on hiatus, nanananana.

Love Lehtos work, tbh I still feel the top half of the helmet is too big/goes too far back compared to the front. Imo the H3 or H5 DELTA are the best variants the helmet has ever seen.

Love that other artist you posted as well. What is so fantastic about that piece is it embodies Chief in a such an imposing way. Strong and Barrell chested like the best implementations of the modern Godzilla for example.
There are certain members of the halo community that start to tingle whenever the mark V comes up again. I am one of them. You are one of them. Brothers in pouches, long live the mark V.

I noticed that back part as well but it's still a work in progress, Lehto's final version might iron out some complaints! It's still great work with an overall level of authenticity to the original model that I pretty much haven't seen anywhere else.
The halo 3 version was not necessarily accurate to the original helmet in both proportion and detail, but it is undoubtedly a very aesthetically pleasing variant. I did enjoy it.
H5 Delta helmet is probably the best recreation of the helmet that's been seen in a halo game. It's pretty similar to the H3 version overall but with higher fidelity.
Ui8ESTM.jpg

I'm glad you pointed out Salazar's model's build. I also really appreciated how that artist retained Chief's imposing stature in the mkV. Really nailed the vibe. It doesn't just look like the mkV, it also feels like Chief. That kind of build is what any interpretation should be aiming for. I haven't seen a better complete package of the mkV than Salazar's work.

That first mkV alpha in H5 reminds me to stay cautious with my optimism.
9LnIvB6.jpg

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017
When you run over a Grunt in a Chopper the vehicle should slow and fishtail while the Grunt gets chopped into mist and blood comes up through the wheel.

With grunt birthday party on replace the blood with confetti.

I always thought Halo should have more gore. Gimme them UT99 bouncing gibs when someone gets needled then we can really talk about fearing the pink mist

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox Showcase Watch Party

Since Twitch killed off the Group Chat feature, I thought about creating an easy solution for us to watch the Xbox showcase, so I claimed the HaloERA Twitch channel. I'm going to co-stream the Xbox event on there, so we can watch (and chat about it) together. Either way, here is the channel, if you guys are interested and feel free to spread the word:

Jun 13, 2021 at 1:00 PM

PS: I don't really plan on doing anything else on this channel beyond hosting events like these. I also don't want full ownership of it, so if anybody wants to do something else with it, feel free to contact me and I'll give you access. Otherwise, the channel will stay offline and automatically host the Halo channel, if it ever goes live.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
I always thought Halo should have more gore. Gimme them UT99 bouncing gibs when someone gets needled then we can really talk about fearing the pink mist
CE was less gory than its contemporaries but still had a fair amount of blood. I wish they would up the gore factor and really lean into the era it originated from.

I'm in for Akai's watch party and the glorious return of Avalanche and Mk.V at launch.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised it hasn't leaked. I have a full version of it with complete CGI, music on my phone right now. I've shown some folks, and want to share but don't want to get my friend in trouble. If it's not shown by E3, I will likely just do a private youtube link, sans barn, and then delete after.

OiZ2bXB.jpg
👀

OP
OP
FUNKNOWN iXi

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised it hasn't leaked. I have a full version of it with complete CGI, music on my phone right now. I've shown some folks, and want to share but don't want to get my friend in trouble. If it's not shown by E3, I will likely just do a private youtube link, sans barn, and then delete after.

OiZ2bXB.jpg
😎 Well, you know what they say.. Sharing is caring.

jem

Oct 25, 2017

OiZ2bXB.jpg
Well you might as well just share it all now…

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

OiZ2bXB.jpg
can i make a thread of this?

JINX

Oct 25, 2017

OiZ2bXB.jpg
Looking high budget...

Dhruvenator

Aug 29, 2019

OiZ2bXB.jpg
HOLY SHIT

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019

OiZ2bXB.jpg

Wow, look high budget 🔥🔥

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

OiZ2bXB.jpg
Damn boyyy... That looks sexy.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017

OiZ2bXB.jpg
You had this bomb up your sleeve and you just casually drop it lol

Nov 18, 2017
This guy in the video looks like Mix from HGAF.

Imgur seems to have taken my photo down and I don't want issue for 343 or MS. I just meant like if I have it, I am sure others do too. The CGI is really good, Prophet etc. It's even better than Blur from the past or similar. Keyes looks good, I thought ir was Sgt. Johnspn when I first saw but then you see his full rank, Miranda seems a bit unsure and makes me think of a teenager, Halsey looks young and blonde and is the actress from Truman Show that Jim Carrey's character always wanted.

Only thing that doesn't fit is the music to me. But again, this is just a basic trailer for how it looks. It does seem less cheesy compared to Nightfall.

4Zj2W2H.jpg

I will say Chief doesn't seem to be voiced by Downes. I'm sure it's the actor who probably is in the suit voicing him.

If the quality looks bad, it's just a screenshot from phone and you know that isn't high res.
well i bet your friends sweating bullets right now

AustinFordGames

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
This guy in the video looks like Mix from HGAF.

Imgur seems to have taken my photo down and I don't want issue for 343 or MS. I just meant like if I have it, I am sure others do too. The CGI is really good, Prophet etc. It's even better than Blur from the past or similar. Keyes looks good, I thought ir was Sgt. Johnspn when I first saw but then you see his full rank, Miranda seems a bit unsure and makes me think of a teenager, Halsey looks young and blonde and is the actress from Truman Show that Jim Carrey's character always wanted.

Only thing that doesn't fit is the music to me. But again, this is just a basic trailer for how it looks. It does seem less cheesy compared to Nightfall.

4Zj2W2H.jpg

I will say Chief doesn't seem to be voiced by Downes. I'm sure it's the actor who probably is in the suit voicing him.

If the quality looks bad, it's just a screenshot from phone and you know that isn't high res.

Edit: Oh it is you Mix aka now Pfhorbear. I do like the Madness has never leaked before lol. You got the voice down for this kind of commentary stuff.
LOL yeah it is, and thanks man. The video I made is stuck in processing, so you can only watch it if you have a link. It's not getting pushed to subs and YT searches which is lame as fuck.

Did you post another image of a prophet? Someone out there has one

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox Showcase Watch Party

Since Twitch killed off the Group Chat feature, I thought about creating an easy solution for us to watch the Xbox showcase, so I claimed the HaloERA Twitch channel. I'm going to co-stream the Xbox event on there, so we can watch (and chat about it) together. Either way, here is the channel, if you guys are interested and feel free to spread the word:

Jun 13, 2021 at 1:00 PM

PS: I don't really plan on doing anything else on this channel beyond hosting events like these. I also don't want full ownership of it, so if anybody wants to do something else with it, feel free to contact me and I'll give you access. Otherwise, the channel will stay offline and automatically host the Halo channel, if it ever goes live.

Thank you, that's lovely.

I'm in for Akai's watch party and the glorious return of Avalanche and Mk.V at launch.

Amen

Nov 7, 2019
If you're having trouble holding out until Halo Infinite's E3 showcase, we just dropped a juicy 3 & a half hour podcast covering the build up. Available all all podcast platforms.

open.spotify.com

Episode 93: Calm Before The Storm Redux (Everything Changes)

Listen to this episode from Sacred Icon on Spotify. The journey to Halo Infinite was long and fraught with toil, but the best rewards are hard won. We've finally arrived at the final E3 showcase & countdown till launch. Predictions, hype speculation and a straight fire community are the three...

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC

OiZ2bXB.jpg
fuck I wanna see this now lol