• To celebrate the release of Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Steam, Xbox Games Studios has provided 5 Steam copies of the game and 5 Xbox One copies of the game! We will be giving these away in the Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Some Steam copies will also be given away to the PC Gaming Era community.
  • An old favorite feature returns: Q&ERA is back! This time we'll be collecting questions for Remedy Entertainment, makers of Max Payne, Alan Wake, Quantum Break, and Control. Members can submit questions for the next 3 days, 12 hours, 46 minutes, 1 second. Submissions will close on Dec 12, 2019 at 12:00 AM.

Halo Reach hits 160,000 concurrent users on Steam!

Fezan

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Eh, kind of. Vanilla Reach was kinda bad. Lots of balance issues, mediocre maps, etc. 343‘s title update fixes a lot of that up, and the new maps they made in conjunction with Certain Affinity definitely helped increase the map count for the good maps.

Calling Reach, at least the multiplayer portion, purely Bungie’s Halo isn’t fair. 343s Halo 5 mp is probably a top Halo experience as well.

Campaign on the other hand, fantastic job by Bungie and 343 needs to do better on the next one.
Never played multiplayer of any halo. I play halo for its sublime GamePlay in fantastic open ended areas with good AI enemies.

343 games disappointed me in that area. Even halo 5 at 60 fps felt worse in gameplay department. To me it felt more like black ops 3

Fezan

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You realize 343i was a big part of this games development too right?

Not to mention halo 5 has the best multi
343 is just porting this game even that is being done by splash damage. It's like giving credit of sotc to bluepoint.

I have high hopes for infinity but you can't deny halo lost its magic under 343. You'll get your proof when Halo 4 won't even reach these numbers.

Also Halo 5 never felt as good to play in single player bungie halo at twice FPS so I'll just say it's a personal opinion

Alive2007

Aug 21, 2019
Rocketfight firefight such a classic game mode

Edit: I wrote this in the wrong thread woops Happy to see so many people enjoying halo :)

Last edited:

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
343 is just porting this game even that is being done by splash damage. It's like giving credit of sotc to bluepoint.

I have high hopes for infinity but you can't deny halo lost its magic under 343. You'll get your proof when Halo 4 won't even reach these numbers.

Also Halo 5 never felt as good to play in single player bungie halo at twice FPS so I'll just say it's a personal opinion
No. He means the original release...not this.

Feb 10, 2018
Lol 😂 this would be great but impossible...I will make a TLOU2 review thread, if you don’t like cinematic games 😂
The would be 2 thread

TLOU2 Review thread for people who like it

TLOU2 review thread For people who don't like it

U would probably get haters sneaking in and posting in the positive thread so they could feed on the energy of people being upset from the haters shitting on there loved game.

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
Microsoft make easy money here. Most players on their system most likely using game pass.

Nice to see the franchise has interest, I liked Halo 5 thought it was decent/good and looked forward to where the story went.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't this the series that pushed Xbox's, back in the day? That seems low to me, for one of Microsoft's biggest franchises that people have been thirsting for.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Wasn't this the series that pushed Xbox's, back in the day? That seems low to me, for one of Microsoft's biggest franchises that people have been thirsting for.
It's a port of an Xbox 360 game from 2010. Not a new entry. It's also only people who purchased the game via Steam. And only concurrent players. Keep in mind also the game is included with Game Pass but those players are not included in this number.
Y'all think Infinite is going to be a day 1 launch game for the Scarlett? Has to be right?
They already confirmed it will be.

Burrman

Oct 25, 2017
Also on Xbox .. but the full collection is obviously on Xbox as well. Also on Gamepass PC and Console.
I just installed the game but it isn’t showing up anywhere? It says it’s installed but won’t show up in games and apps? So you have any idea what’s going on here? I don’t have to install the whole MCC no?

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
It's a 9 year late port of one of the least acclaimed Halo games. There's heaps of pent up demand for Halo on PC, and this shows it, but it's not the same as a brand new game releasing.