• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Amazing.

So glad Microsoft revisited Halo MCC and then some. Just what I wanted them to do, treat it like a treasure and people will enjoy it.

TeaLeaf

Oct 11, 2018
Halo 3 numbers should be even greater and leading into Infinite next year could be a massive launch with X1, Scarlett and PC.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad Halo is back in people's minds (and PCs) but it's unfortunate that the first one is Reach.

Hope the hype keeps up when 2 and 3 come out.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Halo 3 numbers should be even greater and leading into Infinite next year could be a massive launch with X1, Scarlett and PC.

Big team battle server list /drool

Interesting to see how Halo CE does.

giphy.gif

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Is Steam and Gamepass cross play?
Yup.

Which is better? Chronological order starting with reach or release order starting with Halo 1?
Either works. Technically the veeeeery end of Reach spoils Halo 3 because it takes place after that game, but not in any major way, in my opinion. It's more of a "well duh, of course that would happen" spoiler. Otherwise, there's no real issue with playing Reach first.

Oddhouse

Oct 31, 2017
I don't understand why anybody would buy any Microsoft game now that you can get all there releases for only £45 a year on game pass.

I mean for the same price they pay for Halo on stream now they could get Halo collection now on game pass and Halo next gen this time next year.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Yup.

Either works. Technically the veeeeery end of Reach spoils Halo 3 because it takes place after that game, but not in any major way, in my opinion. It's more of a "well duh, of course that would happen" spoiler. Otherwise, there's no real issue with playing Reach first.
man its been so long since i beat reach that i forgot what it is that you were talking about lol

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I don't understand why anybody would buy any Microsoft game now that you can get all there releases for only £45 a year on game pass.

I mean for the same price they pay for Halo on stream now they could get Halo collection now on game pass and Halo next gen this time next year.
Idk honestly. But I think they'd rather take a guaranteed $180/yr instead of maybe 120 if one of their games excites people.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017

By the time the collection's out and even if you keep resubbing for each new release, you'd have paid MCC off already. Rather have it on Steam That's where most of my games are. Don't like subbing and the Xbox app gives me a headache whenever I need to use it.

It's a harder sell for other games that don't do incremental releases like MCC though. I played a couple of hours of Gears 5 on GP rather than getting it on Steam, for example. But I wasn't very interested in it the first place, so it was either GP or not playing it at all.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
man its been so long since i beat reach that i forgot what it is that you were talking about lol
I'm just referring to when Halsey gives her monologue about how Noble Team helped pave the way for the end of the war with the Covenant; the spoiler being that the war eventually ends and humanity survives in decent shape. Like I said, it's kind of an obvious thing, to the point where I almost don't really consider it a spoiler.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Seems like how its slowing down big time, it will likely peak at 140K concurrent players for tonight and at around 200K at the weekend.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017

Most of my playtime is in games like FFXIV and Destiny 2, only paying for Gamepass for maybe 1-2 games here and there isn't worth it for me.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany

To own the game. Its pretty simple, I think.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA

Because a lot of people would rather own a game and play it on a vastly superior client than to rent it from a mediocre client.
I'm using GamePass to see if I like Halo, then I'll buy it on Steam if I do.

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
Nothing shocking here. Bungie Halos are still one of the best shooters available.

343 halo on the other hand

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing shocking here. Bungie Halos are still one of the best shooters available.

343 halo on the other hand

Eh, kind of. Vanilla Reach was kinda bad. Lots of balance issues, mediocre maps, etc. 343's title update fixes a lot of that up, and the new maps they made in conjunction with Certain Affinity definitely helped increase the map count for the good maps.

Calling Reach, at least the multiplayer portion, purely Bungie's Halo isn't fair. 343s Halo 5 mp is probably a top Halo experience as well.

Campaign on the other hand, fantastic job by Bungie and 343 needs to do better on the next one.

Feb 10, 2018
The last time I played halo reach was the demo on the 360, it was like a beach section and then a space combat section, I was not that impressed at the time, I though the visuals had jaggies and poor lighting and the space combat seemed pretty arcade and shallow, but people say its the best halo so it must have something good about it. I really liked halo 5, loved the environments enemy variety, silky gameplay and story was pretty good, felt like a pretty good sci fi show.