• To celebrate the release of Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Steam, Xbox Games Studios has provided 5 Steam copies of the game and 5 Xbox One copies of the game! We will be giving these away in the Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Some Steam copies will also be given away to the PC Gaming Era community.
  • An old favorite feature returns: Q&ERA is back! This time we'll be collecting questions for Remedy Entertainment, makers of Max Payne, Alan Wake, Quantum Break, and Control. Members can submit questions for the next 5 days, 1 hour, 28 minutes, 39 seconds. Submissions will close on Dec 12, 2019 at 12:00 AM.

Halo: Reach MCC |OT| Reaching back into the MCC without an MC

Bonezz

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I really hope that whatever issues people are having right now are temporary and aren’t affecting too many people. This is more than MCC’s big chance at a redemption arc, this launch means a lot for the PC community and a solid experience out of the gate is paramount to ensure that Halo finally gets a shot at a real comeback.
Well from what it looks like the game animations are capped at 60 FPS and it's extremely noticeable if you play on a 144hz or higher monitor so I would imagine it's probably going to be a widespread issue. The game ran fine during the beta other than the mouse input issue but now it's just so much worse...

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
playing with proper FOV and mouse control is so refreshing, i can easily hit grounded plasma grenades

is there no way to toggle the secondary emblem layer anymore? gamebreaking if true

JigglesBunny

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Well from what it looks like the game animations are capped at 60 FPS and it's extremely noticeable if you play on a 144hz or higher monitor so I would imagine it's probably going to be a widespread issue. The game ran fine during the beta other than the mouse input issue but now it's just so much worse...
And of course I just upgraded to a 1440p, 144hz display.

Septy

Nov 29, 2017
United States
Are you serious we still only have 50 local files?! 343 seriously said they would increase the amount we could have. This is makes custom games damn near impossible if we want to play 3 and Reach. In past halo games we could have thousands of files. Why is it still 50?

Also what happened to the dynamic menu backgrounds? They’re gone and instead there’s a static image.

Jbourne

Oct 31, 2017
Cross-game Playlist is such a neat thing. Can't believe I didn't notice it until just now. Putting the whole MC saga in one playlist is so nice.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see I'm not the only one with the audio issues. Audio effects (gunfire) and companion voices are super weak right now through my headphones. Hope this gets fixed soon.

GrahamElliot

Oct 27, 2017
It's really weird to have gone from apex to this. Like there's been all these FPS advances over the last years that have slowly become baseline for an fps.

Oct 26, 2017
Ok tried to play Reach and the game put me into Halo 2:A, wtf

nevermind didn't notice the playlist reset when I was editing it

Last edited:

BevelledEdge

Dec 25, 2018
been a long 15 GB to download, any other time of the day it would have gone by quick (got 60 GB of Titanfall 2 downloaded in the same amount of time earlier), but of course the evening time is when others are using the wifi.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Quick first impressions: I'm getting destroyed, the feel of the game is going to take a hell of a lot of getting used to. Also the sounds are absolutely dreadful, really hope they get fixed soon.